Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,778 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? (51203 Views)

Maraji Preaches Jesus On Salah Day, Sets Social Media On Fire / My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Phi001(m): 5:16pm On Dec 13, 2016
They even censor it in other languages too.

My mom was watching African Magic Igbo and whenever a character said Chukwu, both the audio and the subtitle were censored.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Princealex1(m): 5:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
RentALodge:
This is very unnecessary and will further fuel the persecution complex of many believers.

I understand there are different shades in our social evolution that have come to define TV programming for some years now. I know, for instance, that the bleeping of the words “God”, “Jesus”, etc comes in the wake of a raging war in the United States to remove Christian symbols and Bible from the public space.

There is also the attempt to push through minority rights like gay rights on TV but which have only been able to distort otherwise great shows. Don’t get me wrong, I believe that upholding minority rights whether sexual, gender, spiritual or lack thereof is a worthy cause that ought to be fought for, protected and enforced.

However, going to the extremes of classifying words like “God” and “Jesus” as profanities is downright silly and insulting.

oops
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Omudia11: 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
I do not see any sense in your comment. If they're going to sensor "God" and "Jesus" they may as well stop all christian networks and TV shows from broadcasting.
AfonjaStinks:

Because they know the aspect of business

They run a T.V station where Christians, Atheists and
Christians watches

I don't wanna be watching television and hear someone shouting Allah or God, i don't believe in either of them

Religion is a scam

You don't bring religion into your business that comprises of mixed audiences

The same way you as a Christian would feel uncomfortable watching T.V and someone is shouting "Allah" and "Mohammed" all day is exactly how a Muslim would be uncomfortable seeing someone shouting the name of a dude they don't know or worship

Here in the USA, religion or praying is forbidden in schools/public

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by kevoh(m): 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
Christian and their victim complex. Those words are still being used on TBN,EWTN and other DSTv christian religious channels. The censor is only on Africa Movie channel and the likes, not only christians watch these movie channels, some people of other faith might complain and its only fair and smart for DsTV not to lose its customers by staying neutral.

If you want to hear god and jesus go to christian channels if you would like to see christian films on DsTV you can pressurize DsTV to make one, the way they made igbo channel from pressure.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by matrixme(m): 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
well the issue is, as holy attributes, those words are always used out of context and is an abuse to those who venerates it. Ordinary everyday conversations should not have us using those words anyhow. Remember they have religious channels, so not entirely antireligion.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
Omudia11:
I do not see any sense in your comment. If they're going to sensor "God" and "Jesus" they may as well stop all christian networks and TV shows from broadcasting.

I don't see any sense in your comment

You can go to TB Joshua station which is run on the same cable network and reserved for Christians

You don't use God or Allah in a TV show that is opened to the general public of other religions

Do you know what PG13 is or Rated R ?? You're warned that the program is not suitable to all audiences and maybe offensive to some viewers

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Abumilla(m): 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2016
please which of the dstv channel
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Abumilla(m): 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2016
please which of the dstv channel
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Zenlife: 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
shininglite:
DSTV has censored "GOD" and "JESUS" from all "their" stations, any body that thinks there is still time is just living in delusion, the god of this world is upping his game every day, the days are evil, Christians should start preparing for the coming of the Lord, check your garment every single day, because the time is nearer.

The slower than snail flight has been on its way for almost 2centuries. Nearer?
Why will anyone wanna be bothered with the inhabitants of the mess called earth?
Your great, great, greatest ancestors probably did outside Africa.

Keep on expecting.
Keep on waiting.
Keep the delusion and greatest 419 ever told alive.

You will only announce yourself as a you know what, if you criticize my comment without practical, viable, and ascertained proof.

Just calling it as it is.

Feel free though to knock yourself out and keep the false hope alive.

Be your guest.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by chiefoluigwe(m): 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
Most religious words are censored on tv, including Allah

alexiej:

But how many times do pple say "allah" on tv? Except its a totally religious program. The fact is "God" and "Jesus" are the most frequently used...
And are u sure uve heard Allah being censored? I doubt it
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by stevejomo(m): 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
I don't even have DSTV.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by johnsonjosbles(m): 5:37pm On Dec 13, 2016
[quote author=AfonjaStinks post=51896077][color=#770077]

Why are you trying to force your religion down other people's throat ??

Does your religion teach you to respect other people's view ??

God or Jesus is the name of who you worship, unfortunately there are other people from other religion that watches that same T.V as you, it is offensive to them

This is a law that guides every T.V station/network in every country

Christians watches

I don't wanna be watching television and hear someone shouting Allah or God, i don't believe in either of them

Religion is a scam

The same way you as a Christian would feel uncomfortable watching T.V and someone is shouting "Allah" and "Mohammed" all day is exactly how a Muslim would be uncomfortable seeing someone shouting the name of a dude they Mad Man
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Kratos3364(m): 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2016
I swear you are mad undecided
otemdomino:

This is needed at this time, because the scam in the name of god(Yahweh aka Satan,Allah, Yeshua ) is on a high side at the moment. The time for the ALMIGHTY GOD the father of these gods to be known has already come.

4evergod, Wilgrea7, Jacksonville, Gboyee4fun, Kingebukasblog, come and see the signs for the extinctions of the religions of scams brought upon us.

As USUAL I WILL PRAY MY REGULAR PRAYERS:

MAY RELIGION CONTINUE TO LOSE ITS POWER IN MY COUNTRY AND WORLDWIDE IN OTEM'S NAME I PRAY.

Lishius 16: 15- 16

Hardmirror, Hahn, Kingjahzmineking, Realmindz
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by johnsonjosbles(m): 5:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
Omudia11:
u never notice that one is a mad man?
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 13, 2016
shininglite:

I strongly believe so ..the devil is a master in diverting the attention of people from God
If the devil is diverting attention of people, Nd god is not doing anything about it, even though he has control over this devil, then he is an accomplice...so why are you even bothered?
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
7Alexander:

Abeg which one u dey use now, make I know if to follow you
Startime 1200k shows sooooo many Seria A, Bundesliga and French league matches during the weekends and weekdays u will be tired of watching matches. But it only shows 1 PL match.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by JayMIKing(m): 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2016
The reason why the words are censored is due to the respect South Africans have for the name of God. They do not believe it should be used without reverence. Hence, it is allowed in sermons but not part of exclamations or common conversations.
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Youngzedd(m): 5:44pm On Dec 13, 2016
orisa37:
MMM

grin grin grin

Nigerians
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Why are you trying to force your religion down other people's throat ??

Does your religion teach you to respect other people's view ??

God or Jesus is the name of who you worship, unfortunately there are other people from other religion that watches that same T.V as you, it is offensive to them

This is a law that guides every T.V station/network in every country

Christians watches

Religion is a scam

The same way you as a Christian would feel uncomfortable watching T.V and someone is shouting "Allah" and "Mohammed" all day is exactly how a Muslim would be uncomfortable seeing someone shouting the name of a dude they don't know or worship

Here in the USA, religion or praying is forbidden in schools/public

Freedom means the freedom to believe in Jesus, Allah or Stonehenge. Atheism is not a neutral setting - it is a belief system equal to any other religion.

The correct action that DSTV, cable and others should take is simple. Give religious programs a rating symbol and preface the program with a warning " Viewers are advised that this program contains references to " God" You can use the parental guidance function to screen out programs you do not wish to watch"

Freedom gives people a chance to watch or listen to what they want. If nude/violent programs come unedited with a warning why should anyone take it upon themselves to edit a program and so make a choice for me?

As a Christian I am confident of the claims of Jesus without needing to ram them down everyone's throat without giving them a choice. Same should apply to religion denying authorities.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by HomeOfMe(f): 5:52pm On Dec 13, 2016
Nairaland is no different from a secret society. If you are not strong-Willed,your mind will be Messed up. This is no news-not a big deal,making a mountain out of a molehill. If you like dont publish My post who cares.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by patrick45(m): 5:52pm On Dec 13, 2016
The devil gaining ground shouldn't be the concern of a true worshiper of the true God, cos we know how the story ends, and we know who wins. My advice to God's children, never stop longing for the second coming. God is not a man, that He should lie.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by playtheblues(f): 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
Illuminati people mtcheeeeeee
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by playtheblues(f): 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
Jesus Christ is Lord. Glory be to God.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by realmindz: 5:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
shininglite:
DSTV has censored "GOD" and "JESUS" from all "their" stations, any body that thinks there is still time is just living in delusion, the god of this world is upping his game every day, the days are evil, Christians should start preparing for the coming of the Lord, check your garment every single day, because the time is nearer.

Time for what, which battles are you fighting?
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by superstarDikk(m): 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
OP, you beat me to opening this post.

I noticed that few months ago. Every time a character says the word God, they mute that part. Even when there is a subtitle, the word God gets blurred.

Can someone tell me what they find offensive about the word God? They censor a word that doesn't harm the viewing of majority on earth, yet they show movies and music videos with half naked girls shaking their butt and making you feel like it's right in front of you.

This same hypocrites didn't censor the name of a Greek goddess called Athena when they showed Hercules yesterday.
Simple, cancel ur dstv subscription
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
OP, you beat me to opening this post.

I noticed that few months ago. Every time a character says the word God, they mute that part. Even when there is a subtitle, the word God gets blurred.

Can someone tell me what they find offensive about the word God? They censor a word that doesn't harm the viewing of majority on earth, yet they show movies and music videos with half naked girls shaking their butt and making you feel like it's right in front of you.

This same hypocrites didn't censor the name of a Greek goddess called Athena when they showed Hercules yesterday.

They are indirectly saying to you,"say your money and time for something productive".

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Startime 1200k shows sooooo many Seria A, Bundesliga and French league matches during the weekends and weekdays u will be tired of watching matches. But it only shows 1 PL match.
Abeg, how much is the decoder, is their network stable? Do they have movie and music channels?
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by TechsNG: 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
This isn't new. GoTV does the same thing.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Edenoscar(m): 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
7Alexander:

Abeg, how much is the decoder, is their network stable? Do they have movie and music channels?
dont waste your time startimes is rubbish
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Edenoscar(m): 6:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
Deicide:
PICTURES OR I DONT BELIEVE IT.
its true i noticed it like 6months ago
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by KingJahzmineKing(m): 6:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
otemdomino:

This is needed at this time, because the scam in the name of god(Yahweh aka Satan,Allah, Yeshua ) is on a high side at the moment. The time for the ALMIGHTY GOD the father of these gods to be known has already come.

4evergod, Wilgrea7, Jacksonville, Gboyee4fun, Kingebukasblog, come and see the signs for the extinctions of the religions of scams brought upon us.

As USUAL I WILL PRAY MY REGULAR PRAYERS:

MAY RELIGION CONTINUE TO LOSE ITS POWER IN MY COUNTRY AND WORLDWIDE IN OTEM'S NAME I PRAY.

Lishius 16: 15- 16

Hardmirror, Hahn, Kingjahzmineking, Realmindz
yeah....the world must know that Jesus can't save life starts when de church end. Daam boroba!

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by otemdomino: 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2016
Kratos3364:
I swear you are mad undecided
But your swear doesn't change anything. Try harder.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Abiara Visits TB Joshua's Wife, Says 'He Was A Real Man Of God' / Holineness And Righteousness Revival Messages And Bible Verses / Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.