Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? (51227 Views)

Maraji Preaches Jesus On Salah Day, Sets Social Media On Fire / My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by oluwafemim(m): 9:01pm On Dec 13, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
OP, you beat me to opening this post.

I noticed that few months ago. Every time a character says the word God, they mute that part. Even when there is a subtitle, the word God gets blurred.

Can someone tell me what they find offensive about the word God? They censor a word that doesn't harm the viewing of majority on earth, yet they show movies and music videos with half naked girls shaking their butt and making you feel like it's right in front of you.

This same hypocrites didn't censor the name of a Greek goddess called Athena when they showed Hercules yesterday.
I noticed it for more than 1 year now.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by belcom10(m): 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Because they know the aspect of business

Why are you trying to force your religion down other people's throat ??

Does your religion teach you to respect other people's view ??

God or Jesus is the name of who you worship, unfortunately there are other people from other religion that watches that same T.V as you, it is offensive to them

This is a law that guides every T.V station/network in every country

They run a T.V station where Christians, Atheists and
Christians watches

I don't wanna be watching television and hear someone shouting Allah or God, i don't believe in either of them

Religion is a scam

You don't bring religion into your business that comprises of mixed audiences

The same way you as a Christian would feel uncomfortable watching T.V and someone is shouting "Allah" and "Mohammed" all day is exactly how a Muslim would be uncomfortable seeing someone shouting the name of a dude they don't know or worship

Here in the USA, religion or praying is forbidden in schools/public

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
7Alexander:

Abeg, how much is the decoder, is their network stable? Do they have movie and music channels?
about 3 or more music channel and lots of movie channels. Their decoder is very cheap. Between 3 and 5k depends what u wanna subscribe.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
VajanahDischaj:
do u think u have sense?

If u a follower of the so called god can use such pics as DP, then i think morally i have sense than your households
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Godstraight(m): 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
seXytOhbAd:
How is it evil? As a Christian, I find it stupid whenever I see fellow Christians complain about censoring.
DSTV is a publicly traded company in SA, catering to both Christians, Muslims, Hindus and other religions. So if you are not watching TBN, shut up and change the channel
,more than 60% of all dstv customers are in Nigeria,same goes for mtn,I can't cancel Jesus because you want to please Hindus or Muslims, it doesn't make sense,they are Arab channels where people shout Allah all day,they are Bollywood channel are well where you find Indians all day,why cant the Christians do the same

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Godstraight(m): 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2016
Alhajipablo:
Oh yeah, it's been on for ages, curse words, profanities and religious words (or whatever you choose to call it) have been censored on Dstv and Gotv, this happened in d wake of the terrorist attacks, who operate under the guise of religion (xtainity and Islam inclusive).In summary it's a ploy just to curb religious excesses.
Christianity spreading terrorizing?
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by petermichaels(m): 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
Censoring "God" or "Jesus"doesn't change d fact, who God is and who Jesus is.
D world have been trying for long to ridicule those Names,but to no success.
Wat ever , God Is God nd Jesus is My Saviour.
nothing else matas
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by samsam2019: 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
It's being like that for some months now

If you want to hear about your God go watch TV Joshua or dove tv

They own the damn thing and can do what they want

When you Nigerians protested about them showing Bruce Jenner abi Na Caitlin de stppooed it. Perhaps some people complained about it too
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by fredie107(m): 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2016
It's been happening for a long time now.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by RaeMystix: 9:52pm On Dec 13, 2016
wezzyjasified:

very true..his post is an evidence..
Sad. smiley
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by The0d0ra(f): 9:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

God or Jesus is the name of who you worship, unfortunately there are other people from other religion that watches that same T.V as you, it is offensive to them

Christians watches

I don't wanna be watching television and hear someone shouting Allah or God, i don't believe in either of them

Religion is a scam

The same way you as a Christian would feel uncomfortable watching T.V and someone is shouting "Allah" and "Mohammed" all day is exactly how a Muslim would be uncomfortable seeing someone shouting the name of a dude they don't know or worship

meanigless!
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by DonCortino: 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2016
shininglite:
DSTV has censored "GOD" and "JESUS" from all "their" stations, any body that thinks there is still time is just living in delusion, the god of this world is upping his game every day, the days are evil, Christians should start preparing for the coming of the Lord, check your garment every single day, because the time is nearer.

E b like say u just buy dstv.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Lekewatt(m): 10:06pm On Dec 13, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Christians watches

Religion is a scam

then change d channel na.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by hahn(m): 10:06pm On Dec 13, 2016
otemdomino:

This is needed at this time, because the scam in the name of god(Yahweh aka Satan,Allah, Yeshua ) is on a high side at the moment. The time for the ALMIGHTY GOD the father of these gods to be known has already come.

4evergod, Wilgrea7, Jacksonville, Gboyee4fun, Kingebukasblog, come and see the signs for the extinctions of the religions of scams brought upon us.

As USUAL I WILL PRAY MY REGULAR PRAYERS:

MAY RELIGION CONTINUE TO LOSE ITS POWER IN MY COUNTRY AND WORLDWIDE IN OTEM'S NAME I PRAY.

Lishius 16: 15- 16

Hardmirror, Hahn, Kingjahzmineking, Realmindz

Lol

Yenking tins cheesy grin
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by soji1992: 10:12pm On Dec 13, 2016
reading all d comments frm dis thread i am proud to say dat ova 40% of d pple on NL don't believe in GOD, well i don't blame dem at all wen d owner is still asking himself if GOD Actually EXIST at least based on what wikipedia wrote abt d owner
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by benzems(m): 10:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
I wrote this on my blog and somebody say google don't like
http://www.inewsextra.com/2016/11/christ-king-solemnity-of-our-lord-jesus.html
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
The0d0ra:
meanigless!

You mean "Meaningless" ??

Dumb prostitute

Go back to school
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
shininglite:
DSTV has censored "GOD" and "JESUS" from all "their" stations, any body that thinks there is still time is just living in delusion, the god of this world is upping his game every day, the days are evil, Christians should start preparing for the coming of the Lord, check your garment every single day, because the time is nearer.

every generation once thought they were in the end time
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
Jidibia:

Hediot. u are talking as if u are in the State. U wey dey inside one bush dey type from Nigeria. Smell out jur

I'm sorry

I don't talk to kids
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by kingsass: 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2016
alBHAGDADI:

I noticed that few months ago. Every time a character says the word God, they mute that part. Even when there is a subtitle, the word God gets blurred.

Can someone tell me what they find offensive about the word God? They censor a word that doesn't harm the viewing of majority on earth, yet they show movies and music videos with half naked girls shaking their butt and making you feel like it's right in front of you.

This same hypocrites didn't censor the name of a Greek goddess called Athena when they showed Hercules yesterday.

This is due to some swear words in which the name of God is used in which is inappropriate and did they ban those words on Christian channels and music channels........THINK
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by collinsfhk(m): 11:05pm On Dec 13, 2016
Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Daniyomex(m): 11:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
Hmmm...the end is truly near
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
Candycrusher:

If u a follower of the so called god can use such pics as DP, then i think morally i have sense than your households
is this a proof you have sense? so u know what is morally right and wrong? I repeat, u get sense?
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by micfoley: 11:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
I noticed this some months back as well. I think CAN should take up the matter. If it means all Christian s should boycott Dstv then so be it
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by xolomonstrides(m): 11:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
Although am not happy about it. However we must understand things from their angle. If an actor should say " Mohammed is a pedophile" or "Jesus was gay" some stupid religious fanatics would carry placards and begin to riot and Moslems would begin their suicide bombings as if those words really changes anything. I believe they do this in order to prevent issues from extremists. For me it is all rubbish. Just today, a governor (christian) in Jakarta(mainly Muslim) was arraigned in court for blasphemy against Mohammed. And he might be sent to jail for just saying that the word of the prophet is irrelevant to politics and that people should not allow his opposition to use the Koran as a basis to stop them from voting for him. Religion should not be used as a basis for circular collective living, it should be an individual affairs.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by IYANGBALI: 11:41pm On Dec 13, 2016
Seun:
That's unfortunate. I wonder why they did that. Was it imposed on them by govt, or are they just overreacting to some complaint or lawsuit?
stop banning me tongue tongue tongue
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by najib632(m): 1:24am On Dec 14, 2016
alBHAGDADI:

The Devil has upped his game recently I have a feeling the anti Christ is around the corner. They want people to forget God exists so that they can sin anyhow and become more ungrateful to God.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by najib632(m): 1:25am On Dec 14, 2016
Seun:
That's unfortunate. I wonder why they did that. Was it imposed on them by govt, or are they just overreacting to some complaint or lawsuit?
Bro haven't you heard of Illuminati
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by najib632(m): 1:25am On Dec 14, 2016
Seun:
Bro haven't you heard of Illuminati?
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by najib632(m): 1:41am On Dec 14, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Christians watches

Religion is a scam

I have come to notice something about atheists and agnostics, you people don't have any problem in life that's why you can say what ever you like. Have you ever any holy book? never I guess yet you sit comfortably and say rubbish any nation you see that's suffering from terrorism or starvation is because they became sinners they stopped being loyal to God. If all of humanity will come together we will never be able to create a single fly, When the grass dies the arrives and it then it regrows and that's how Allah has promised to bring us back from the dead, indeed this enough sign for the men of understanding. Since when you were given birth to how many planets have you created? how many have you destroyed? You have never tried to understand religion that why you always speak nonsense what's bad about religion? is it because it promotes peace, love, unity and equity? Have you heard of the devil? have you heard or read about his four promises to God concerning mankind? Look at the countries that try to suppress the word of God, are they not full of immortality killings and rascallity? Read my friend, read...
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 3:09am On Dec 14, 2016
Rumours Better Upgrade To Lcd Tv
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by liveup(m): 3:53am On Dec 14, 2016
I find it disturbing that when it comes to religion, freewill is pushed to the background. Why is the united states championing the cause to relegate christianity?Why are we not getting the fact that we choose what we believe? Christianity is being sponsored to be popular, it is not being forced on anybody. Why is this offensive? We find it offensive that our TV stations are filled with advertising and offensive pictures we don't like yet no one is censoring these. There are features like parental control on Dstv, I think rather than censoring, a form of control should be in place to let people choose what program to watch or better still a pg notification warning you of the content you want to watch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Deeper Life Lady Lists '20 Facts' About Godly Female Members Of Her Church / Prophet Abiara Visits TB Joshua's Wife, Says 'He Was A Real Man Of God' / Prophet Has Sex With His Church Member's Wife And Threatens To Kill Him (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.