Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? (51228 Views)

Maraji Preaches Jesus On Salah Day, Sets Social Media On Fire / My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by jbcul4ril(m): 4:24am On Dec 14, 2016
I noticed it a long time ago. Send messages to them for explanation response was "they will look into it ".
I concluded that founder is a Pagan who don't believe in God and needs to impose his believe on his business.a
It is actually not funny and makes me feel am supporting his quest by subscribing.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 5:10am On Dec 14, 2016
najib632:
I have come to notice something about atheists and agnostics, you people don't have any problem in life that's why you can say what ever you like. Have you ever any holy book? never I guess yet you sit comfortably and say rubbish any nation you see that's suffering from terrorism or starvation is because they became sinners they stopped being loyal to God. If all of humanity will come together we will never be able to create a single fly, When the grass dies the arrives and it then it regrows and that's how Allah has promised to bring us back from the dead, indeed this enough sign for the men of understanding. Since when you were given birth to how many planets have you created? how many have you destroyed? You have never tried to understand religion that why you always speak nonsense what's bad about religion? is it because it promotes peace, love, unity and equity? Have you heard of the devil? have you heard or read about his four promises to God concerning mankind? Look at the countries that try to suppress the word of God, are they not full of immortality killings and rascallity? Read my friend, read...

Shut up little rat

I refused to be brainwashed

Why in the fuccking hell would you tell me to read ??

I have a degree in psychology from the university of California

You're the fuccking fool who should pick up a book and read

Quote me again and i will make the life of your father a disaster
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Jidibia(m): 5:39am On Dec 14, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

I'm sorry
I don't talk to kids
Who cares?
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Jidibia(m): 5:40am On Dec 14, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Shut up little rat
Animal

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Ignyte(m): 6:48am On Dec 14, 2016
Even though I am very much a Christian I would like to say this... DSTV is broadcasting to a large heterogeneous audience. Not all these audience members believe in God. Not all of them are Christians. So DSTV market should finish because of Christians abi. Abeg, awee go and get star times and still watch EWTN nothing spoil...
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by logicab: 8:05am On Dec 14, 2016
I believe they were censored due to complaints by same Christians who believe the words used in the context of movie or drama amounts to breaking the First Law of the 10 Commandments. I don't believe these words are censored on religious (Evangelical Christian) channels.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Pokermon: 8:40am On Dec 14, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Because they know the aspect of business

Why are you trying to force your religion down other people's throat ??

Does your religion teach you to respect other people's view ??

God or Jesus is the name of who you worship, unfortunately there are other people from other religion that watches that same T.V as you, it is offensive to them

This is a law that guides every T.V station/network in every country

They run a T.V station where Christians, Atheists and
Christians watches

I don't wanna be watching television and hear someone shouting Allah or God, i don't believe in either of them

Religion is a scam

You don't bring religion into your business that comprises of mixed audiences

The same way you as a Christian would feel uncomfortable watching T.V and someone is shouting "Allah" and "Mohammed" all day is exactly how a Muslim would be uncomfortable seeing someone shouting the name of a dude they don't know or worship

Here in the USA, religion or praying is forbidden in schools/public
Earth is full..
..go home.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Folksyharry(m): 9:27am On Dec 14, 2016
PMIcon:

So you think the people complaining should not have been part of the survey?
Just because you aren't comfortable. The reality is atheists are coming across as the most intolerant set of people and feeling like victims all the time.

You think theists are comfortable with all contents they are allowing free pass now? How many people do you think will be left if all theists decide not to subscribe again. But just because they are tolerant unlike atheist, businesses want to take advantage of that.

Well it's a wake up call to theists subscribing. If you don't stand your ground everything you pay for will be trash very soon.

Bro you just spoke everything on my mind. So if Christians complain about some of the words they hear in other channels will they censor those words too?

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Folksyharry(m): 9:32am On Dec 14, 2016
kevoh:
Christian and their victim complex. Those words are still being used on TBN,EWTN and other DSTv christian religious channels. The censor is only on Africa Movie channel and the likes, not only christians watch these movie channels, some people of other faith might complain and its only fair and smart for DsTV not to lose its customers by staying neutral.

If you want to hear god and jesus go to christian channels if you would like to see christian films on DsTV you can pressurize DsTV to make one, the way they made igbo channel from pressure.

So if Christians complain about hearing words like gay, homosexual, lesbian, etc will they censor them too?
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Folksyharry(m): 9:36am On Dec 14, 2016
matrixme:
well the issue is, as holy attributes, those words are always used out of context and is an abuse to those who venerates it. Ordinary everyday conversations should not have us using those words anyhow. Remember they have religious channels, so not entirely antireligion.

They have those stations because they need those category of subscribers too. If they are really serious about the censorship issue they should ban all religious channels and watch how their profit will drop.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Shaw007(m): 10:15am On Dec 14, 2016
its a waste of time as it would not only change anything, it would only spark debates as to why they feel so threatened by these names, that you censor his name or not does add to God or remove anything from HIM, until you put me in prison for saying his name, that's when i'll know you're really serious, and that will still not change anything too.

JESUS IS LORD!!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Shaw007(m): 10:17am On Dec 14, 2016
Folksyharry:

So if Christians complain about hearing words like gay, homosexual, lesbian, etc will they censor them too?
don't mind, they look left with one eye and try to look the other way with the other. as long as its convenient and twisted enough for their satisfactions
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by najib632(m): 10:34am On Dec 14, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Shut up little rat

You're fighting against the truth your degree in psychology will not help you in the after life, only the belief in the oneness of God and doing good deeds is what will save you. If atheists and scientists are not stupid why is that the Qur'an written 1400 years ago still shows them that it's way ahead of them? Let me tell you the truth this is exactly what devil wants so that you'll behave anyhow you want, if all of humanity will come together and be sinful they cannot harm God with anything and also if humanity will come together and worship God they will not benefit God with anything. Imagine this on the day of Judgement a sinner that didn't repent will burn for many billions or trillions of years until his sins are burnt of and he will be admitted to paradise but what of someone who said God doesn't exist at at all? Think deep don't let what you don't have power over lead you astray...
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by najib632(m): 10:55am On Dec 14, 2016
Candycrusher:
When they realized religion is a scam, they censored the word god cos they don't seem to understand why it folds its arms and watch innocents people who went to serve it in church die when it could have protected them.

Meanwhile, owner of MMM be balling like,
Let me tell you something if you don't worship God you'll worship material things and indirectly you're worshipping the devil. Don't let devils pawns who want to kill and slay anything in their way lead you astray, that's exactly why God said there's going to be a judgment day. It's not as if those being punished by the Devils Just decay they will be brought back to life and even they will be surprised of how God is going to repay, do good deeds and paradise will be yours, do bad deeds and Hell will be your abode don't you code? or is the message so hard to decode I hope this will get you into reasoning mode.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Gboyee4fun(m): 11:06am On Dec 14, 2016
otemdomino:

What? You mean you pray in the name of 'YAHWEH? to the FATHER? '

I think NATURE has just made you say the real truth just now. And who is the father of this YAHWEH if I may know? Definitely the ALMIGHTY GOD is the father of Yahweh. So we have actually been saying the same thing. cheesy

lol, you and who are saying the same thing? we are far from each other, you are too ignorant to the truth, your god otem needs to work more on you...and mind you, no matter what you know or have been told is just a likeness of the truth and that's where Satan is good at......what I say is the bible which every Christian must agree with..so which nature help u?....lol
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 14, 2016
najib632:
You're fighting against the truth your degree in psychology will not help you in the after life, only the belief in the oneness of God and doing good deeds is what will save you. If atheists and scientists are not stupid why is that the Qur'an written 1400 years ago still shows them that it's way ahead of them? Let me tell you the truth this is exactly what devil wants so that you'll behave anyhow you want, if all of humanity will come together and be sinful they cannot harm God with anything and also if humanity will come together and worship God they will not benefit God with anything. Imagine this on the day of Judgement a sinner that didn't repent will burn for many billions or trillions of years until his sins are burnt of and he will be admitted to paradise but what of someone who said God doesn't exist at at all? Think deep don't let what you don't have power over lead you astray...

Fucck you

Your gay Mohammed wrote Quran 400 years ago

Go get your stinky mother pregnant

Terrorist
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 14, 2016
Pokermon:

Earth is full..
..go home.

I would have gone back to your mum's pusssy but her pusssy smells like rotten fish
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Pokermon: 11:51am On Dec 14, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

I would have gone back to your mum's pusssy but her pusssy smells like rotten fish
The best part of you is still runnin down your old man's leg.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Pokermon: 12:09pm On Dec 14, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Fucck you
Your gay Mohammed wrote Quran 400 years ago
Go get your stinky mother pregnant
Terrorist
Over 1m sperms, you were the fastest?! Smh.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Pokermon: 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Shut up little rat
Degree in Cali?! Hahahahaha! If you really wanna know bout mistakes, you should ask your parents.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by otemdomino: 7:40am On Dec 15, 2016
Gboyee4fun:

lol, you and who are saying the same thing? we are far from each other, you are too ignorant to the truth, your god otem needs to work more on you...and mind you, no matter what you know or have been told is just a likeness of the truth and that's where Satan is good at......what I say is the bible which every Christian must agree with..so which nature help u?....lol

But you asserted in your post that Yahweh has a father, which is exactly what the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH is saying. Read your post once again oga.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Gboyee4fun(m): 7:11pm On Dec 15, 2016
[quote author=otemdomino post=51942559]

But you asserted in your post that Yahweh has a father, which is exactly what the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH is saying. Read your post once again oga

... how immature are you in your reasoning? so because I talk about the father of Jesus means I agree with your doctrine of stupidity? lol....grow up bro
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by The0d0ra(f): 3:26pm On Dec 17, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

You mean "Meaningless" ??

Dumb prostitute
Go back to school
ok tnks brainy
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by otemdomino: 9:55am On Dec 20, 2016
[quote author=Gboyee4fun post=51961838][/quote] You are confused, Yahweh is not Jesus. But you said that you worship the father through yahweh the son. Here is your post and I quote:
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by otemdomino: 9:58am On Dec 20, 2016
You are confused, Yahweh is not Jesus. But you said that you worship the father through yahweh the son. Here is your post and I quote:

Gboyee4fun:

lol, nah man, I don't pray to Yahweh, I pray in the name of Yahweh to the father,.....your demon otem lack absolute knowledge, he is just feeding you useless history

thanks for Christmas wish..a hero needs to be celebrated
You have the chance to go and delete your post or change it before it becomes too late grin
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by zoedew: 12:14pm On Jun 16, 2019

God or Jesus is the name of who you worship, unfortunately there are other people from other religion that watches that same T.V as you, it is offensive to them

Christians watches

I don't wanna be watching television and hear someone shouting Allah or God, i don't believe in either of them

Religion is a scam

The same way you as a Christian would feel uncomfortable watching T.V and someone is shouting "Allah" and "Mohammed" all day is exactly how a Muslim would be uncomfortable seeing someone shouting the name of a dude they don't know or worship

Two years gone now and I’m in the hope you know better.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by zoedew: 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2019
[b][/b]Nobody

Christians watches

Religion is a scam

Two years gone now and I’m in the hope you know better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog / Deeper Life Lady Lists '20 Facts' About Godly Female Members Of Her Church / Prophet Abiara Visits TB Joshua's Wife, Says 'He Was A Real Man Of God'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.