Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? (3741 Views)

Meet The 4month Old Baby That Can ‘fly’ [PICS] / My Landlord Has Taken Over My Wife....... Husband cries out / The Ugandan Baby That Was Brutalised By House Maid Finally Died!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by lovelynk(f): 2:07am On Nov 16, 2009
Thanks so much for all ur advice.I hv bin following them and she is doing better.
Havent cried much today.Meanwhile,i will be taking her to the peadiatrician tomorrow just to make sure nothing is wrong.Once i have done dat i will just try and let her cry a while b4 picking her up outstrip suggested.the reason i havnt done that yet is cos am afraid maybe somthing might be wrong wc i might not know in wc case it will be unfair to let her cry on.

i appreciate ur contributions.
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by Nobody: 2:09am On Nov 16, 2009
THERE MUST BE A REASON WHY SHE CRIES. SOMEONE MENTIONED TEETHING.

Take her to her doctor and make sure she's okay. Babies cant exactly tell you what's up with them, the only thing they can do is to cry and hope you do something about it.
My bro cried senselessly when he had an ear infection, only the doc knew, we didnt.

Another thing you can do is to carry your baby on your back, walk back and forth anf rock your feet in a rhythmical mode. Within minutes, he/she will fall asleep.

SOMETIMES THE ONLY THING BABIES WANT IS TO FEEL "TOUCHED".  They want to hear, feel, smell, and see someone comforting, someone they trust.

You're just going to have to pet her until she falls asleep.

The mistake that women make is carrying and holding their baby too much right after birth. THEY GET USE TO IT!!!!!
I know you wanna carry and stare at them, but let them get used to being on their own too. ONCE THEY GET USE TO THEIR MOTHER'S TOUCH, THEY CRY WHEN THEY DONT FEEL HER TOUCH ANYMORE.
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by Fhemmmy: 2:14am On Nov 16, 2009
Hope all goes well there.
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by 0hsisi: 2:15am On Nov 16, 2009
Some Children are on earth to suffer their mothers. grin
I had a crying baby and I know what it feels like
I contemplated running away from home  leaving her with her father
The neighbors even called the cops on us to check out what we were doing to the child
lay your hands and cast out that crying spirit from that child grin
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by lovelynk(f): 2:32am On Nov 16, 2009
The mistake that women make is carrying and holding their baby too much right after birth. THEY GET USE TO IT!!!!!
I know you wanna carry and stare at them, but let them get used to being on their own too. ONCE THEY GET USE TO THEIR MOTHER'S TOUCH, THEY CRY WHEN THEY DONT FEEL HER TOUCH ANYMORE.
[quote][/quote]

must confess i am guilty of this.my girl was so adorable and i couldnt quite stop looking at her.I spent a lot of my spare time gazing at her and admiring her.I guess that where it all started.Besides,she was exclusively breastfed for alomst 5 months.That means plenty of carrying.Anyway,i hope its not late to make amends in that regards.

Like i said b4,will take her to doc just to make sure there is no problems.i just want to be on the safe side.
Thanks all
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by lovelynk(f): 2:36am On Nov 16, 2009
0hsisi:

Some Children are on earth to suffer their mothers. grin
I had a crying baby and I know what it feels like
I contemplated running away from home leaving her with her father
The neighbors even called the cops on us to check out what we were doing to the child
lay your hands and cast out that crying spirit from that child grin

Nope,my girl is not here to suffer me.she has come to bless me and to give me joy.neither does she have a crying spirit.
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 16, 2009
lovelynk:

must confess i am guilty of this.my girl was so adorable and i couldnt quite stop looking at her.I spent a lot of my spare time gazing at her and admiring her.I guess that where it all started.Besides,she was exclusively breastfed for alomst 5 months.That means plenty of carrying.Anyway,i hope its not late to make amends in that regards.

Like i said b4,will take her to doc just to make sure there is no problems.i just want to be on the safe side.
Thanks all
LOL, maybe that's why.

Babies are conditioned to associate the senses [esp touch] with comfort and motherly care. Heheheh, you're going to have to find a way to make her feel more comfy in her bed.
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by 0hsisi: 2:07am On Nov 17, 2009
lovelynk:

Nope,my girl is not here to suffer me.she has come to bless me and to give me joy.neither does she have a crying spirit.

That joke flew right by you
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by Fhemmmy: 5:04am On Nov 17, 2009
lovelynk:

I love that.
Keep it up, your daughter will surely be proud of u
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by queenesthr(f): 11:41am On Nov 17, 2009
Learn the Dursten Baby Language. There is a thread on it in the Health section. I have copied the original thread below.

Baby Language: Learn How To Stop Babies From Crying
« on: April 19, 2007, 02:06 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love babies and i came across something really interesting.

I imaging how much stress it could be taking care of a baby,though it is fun but there are just sometimes your baby starts crying and you really don't know why he/she is crying,you try everything to make them stop but they don't stop and seeing them crying inconsolably hurts you so bad to know you can't do anything to help them.

In an attempt to stop them frp, crying,You Carry them and start petting them by shaking them.That may work sometimes but its dangerous to babies' Health.Because when you shake a baby vigorously,it causes internal bleeding and increases the pressure of the brain which in a result causes the brain to pull apart thereby inflicting injury on the baby.This could lead to a condition know as shaken baby syndrome .

What if you could know exactly what is making them cry by the way they cry and be able to do exactly what they asking you for instead of doing otherwise in an attempt to please them

Wouldnt that be cool?

Anyway Here are the 5 major Ways they cry,and by listening carefully to the pattern,you could tell what they are saying.
They are
1 Nehhhh - Hunger.
2 Owh - Sleepy
3 Heh - Discomfort
4 Eairh - Lower gas,Flatulent Stomach.They want to poo or something.
5 Eh - Burp me.You Put them on your shoulder.

Neh
I'm hungry - An infant uses the sound reflex "Neh" to communicate their hunger. The sound is
produced when the tongue is pushed up on the roof of the mouth and the sucking reflex is
triggered.

Owh
I'm sleepy - An infant uses the sound reflex "Owh" to communicate that they are tired. The sound
is produced much like an audible yawn.

Heh
I'm experiencing discomfort - An infant uses the sound reflex "Heh" to communicate stress,
discomfort, or perhaps that they need a fresh diaper. The sound is produced by a response to a
skin reflex, such as feeling sweat or itchiness in the bum.

Eairh
I have lower gas - An infant uses the sound reflex "Eairh" to communicate they have flatulence or
an upset stomach. The sound is produced when trapped air from a belch that is unable to release
and travels to the stomach where the muscles of the intestine tighten to force the air bubble out.

Eh
I need to burp - An infant uses the sound reflex "Eh" to communicate that they need to be
burped. The sound is produced when a large bubble of trapped air is caught in the chest and is
trying to release out of the mouth.

But to get the best result you have to listen to the pattern of their cry carefully.
Heh And Eh could be confusing,so listen to it carefully.

Trust me,they all work.

You can try this with your babies and post replies to let other people know how well its working.
enjoy
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by agathamari(f): 3:12pm On Nov 17, 2009
he sounds like he has colic (Colic is inconsolable crying in a healthy newborn baby with bouts of fussiness and irritability, it has no known cause but is harmless, although it can be very distressing for parents or carers)

http://www.colic-baby-bootcamp.com/
http://www.coliccalm.com/baby_infant_newborn_articles/baby_colic_treatment.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_colic
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by ubiaa5(f): 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2009
i think she is too old 2 be having colic,colic usually occurs within the first three mths.
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by Fhemmmy: 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2009
How far with the baby oh, hope she is doing great now?
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 18, 2009
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by Fhemmmy: 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2009
I could babysit the girl and i am sure she will be fine. . . . magical fingers that carries baby is all that is needed.
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by lovelynk(f): 2:52am On Nov 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I love that.
Keep it up, your daughter will surely be proud of u

Thanks a lot.
My pastor taught me to speak good concerning my kids.he told a story of his own daughter   who couldnt write in sch and the teacher will always tell her she is writing nonsense.However,daddy always told her she is doing well,she is trying and all that and wn teacher tells her she is writing nonsense  she tells her daddy knows it is not nonsense.This helped her develop confidence and soon she picked up.Today she is doing fine.
I learnt that lesson and am doing same wt my daughter

Meanwhile,baby is doing aiight now.took her to the doc yesterday and seems she is teething.I got her some teething rings and she is chewing and biting them happily.

Fhemmmy:

I could babysit the girl and i am sure she will be fine. . . . magical fingers that carries baby is all that is needed.

Abeg ooooooo.I really need that magic hand.Wn are coming to do that?

Thanks for the concern
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by lovelynk(f): 2:55am On Nov 19, 2009
Have you tried introducing her to other people/babies?

[quote][/quote]

I have a lady that brings her baby over to my place to care for while i take mine over to too.I also take her to the childrens church(babies) on sundays.
Is that okay or do i need to introduce her to more babies
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by Fhemmmy: 2:58am On Nov 19, 2009
lovelynk:

Abeg ooooooo.I really need that magic hand.Wn are coming to do that?

Thanks for the concern

When the son of man shall come, no one knows
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by lovelynk(f): 2:59am On Nov 19, 2009
agathamari:

he sounds like he has colic (Colic is inconsolable crying in a healthy newborn baby with bouts of fussiness and irritability, it has no known cause but is harmless, although it can be very distressing for parents or carers)

She had that as a mewborn.Didnt know wat was up and worried myself so much.
thanks for the ifno,would have saved me so much of the worry if i found out earlier
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by lovelynk(f): 3:05am On Nov 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

When the son of man shall come, no one knows

na son of man u be now?
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by Fhemmmy: 3:11am On Nov 19, 2009
lovelynk:

na son of man u be now?

yes oh.
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by echobee(f): 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2009
give the baby monkey tail, make she sleep
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by Fhemmmy: 6:46pm On Nov 19, 2009
echo- bee:

give the baby monkey tail, make she sleep

what is that one?
Re: How Do U Deal With A Baby That Cries A Lot? by echobee(f): 8:39pm On Nov 19, 2009
ogogoro and cannabis. amebo grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Advice I Love My Wife But Something Is Happening / Sex With Cousin More Pleasurable? / Would You Choose Your Present Family In A Second Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.