Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students (60990 Views)

Fully Funded Indian Government (ICCR) Phd Scholarship 2020/2021 For Africans / 2018/2019 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For African Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Daboywizzy: 2:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship for 900 African Undergraduate/Postgraduate Students 2017/2018

Government of India through the ICCR – Indian Council for Cultural Relations – is offering up to 900 scholarships for African students to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses programme at Institutions/Universities in India.

Application Deadline: 15th January 2017 | Offered annually? Yes

Eligible Fields of Study: Scholarship is available for courses offered at Universities in India

About Scholarship: At the inaugural plenary of the India – Africa Forum Summit held in New Delhi in April 2008, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India announced the Government of India’s initiative to enhance the academic opportunities for students of African countries in India by increasing the number of scholarships for them to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses.
The ICCR – Indian Council for Cultural Relations – implements this scheme on behalf of the Ministry of External Affairs.

Type: undergraduate, post-graduate and higher courses Scholarships

Eligibility

Students applying for doctoral/ post doctoral courses should include a synopsis of the proposed area of research.
Students wishing to study performing arts should, if possible, enclose video/ audio cassettes of their recorded performances.
Candidates must have adequate knowledge of English.
ICCR will not entertain applications which are sent to ICCR directly by the students or which are sent by local Embassies/High Commissions in New Delhi.
Priority will be given to students who have never studied in India before.
No application will be accepted for admission to courses in MBBS/MD or Dentistry/Nursing.
Candidates may note that Indian universities/educational institution are autonomous and independent and hence have their own eligibility criteria which have to be fulfilled. Please also note that acceptance of application by the University is also not a guarantee of admission. A scholarship is awarded only when admission is confirmed by ICCR.
Student must carry a proper visa. Students should ensure that they get the correct visa from the Indian Embassy/High Commission. Government of India guideline stipulate that if a scholar arrives without proper visa and his/her actual admission at the University/Institute does not materialize, he/she will be deported to his/her country.
Before departing for India the scholars should seek a full briefing from the Indian Diplomatic Mission in their country about living conditions in India/the details of scholarship/the type and duration of the course to which he/she is admitted. Scholars should inform the Indian Embassy/High Commission of their travel schedule well in advance so that ICCR can make reception and other arrangements for them.
Scholars are advised to bring some money with them to meet incidental expenditures on arrival in India.
The scholars who are awarded scholarships should bring with them all documents relating to their qualification in original for verification by the respective college/university at the time of admission

Number of Scholarships: 900

Value of Scholarship: (figure is in Indian currency)

Living allowance (Stipend) (Per Month)
Undergraduate -5,500 , Postgraduate-6,000 M.Phil / Ph.D 7,000, Post-doctoral Fellow-7,500
-House Rent Allowance (Per Month)
In Grade 1 cities-5,000 and In other cities-4,500
-Contingent Grant (per annum)
Undergraduate-5,000, Postgraduate-7,000, M/Phil / Ph.D and M.Tech./ME-12,500, Postdoctoral studies-15,500, Tuition Fee/Other Compulsory Fee-As per actual (excluding refundable amount) –Thesis and dissertation Expenses (Once in entire duration of course)
D Scholar-10,000 and for BBA/BCA/MBA/MCA/M.Tech and other course required submission of Project-7.000
-Medical Benefits
Under the scheme scholars are expected to seek treatment only at medical centre or dispensary attached to universities / Institutes where they enrolled or in the nearest Government hospital (Bill are settled as admissible according to AMA/CGHS norms)

Duration of Scholarship: For the period of study

Eligible Countries: Under this Scheme, the Council offers 900 scholarships to the following African countries:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cape Verde, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Comoros, Congo (Republic of), Djibouti, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea (concurrent from Nairobi), Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Libya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, South Sudan (Republic of), Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sao Tame & Principe, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
To be taken at (country): India

How to Apply
Please read the instruction before filling out the application forms. Please also read the financial terms and conditions. The completed and signed application form which should be typed and not hand written along with other attachments must be e-mailed as a pdf document to the Embassy/ High Commission of India in your country. A hard copy along with 5 photographs should also be delivered to the Embassy/ High commission of India.

Check it Out https://divineebube..com.ng/2016/12/indian-government-iccr-scholarship-for.html
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by emmahoney(m): 9:43pm On Dec 13, 2016
Daboywizzy:
Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship for 900 African Undergraduate/Postgraduate Students 2017/2018

Government of India through the ICCR – Indian Council for Cultural Relations – is offering up to 900 scholarships for African students to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses programme at Institutions/Universities in India.

Application Deadline: 15th January 2017 | Offered annually? Yes

Eligible Fields of Study: Scholarship is available for courses offered at Universities in India

About Scholarship: At the inaugural plenary of the India – Africa Forum Summit held in New Delhi in April 2008, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India announced the Government of India’s initiative to enhance the academic opportunities for students of African countries in India by increasing the number of scholarships for them to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses.
The ICCR – Indian Council for Cultural Relations – implements this scheme on behalf of the Ministry of External Affairs.

Type: undergraduate, post-graduate and higher courses Scholarships

Eligibility

Students applying for doctoral/ post doctoral courses should include a synopsis of the proposed area of research.
Students wishing to study performing arts should, if possible, enclose video/ audio cassettes of their recorded performances.
Candidates must have adequate knowledge of English.
ICCR will not entertain applications which are sent to ICCR directly by the students or which are sent by local Embassies/High Commissions in New Delhi.
Priority will be given to students who have never studied in India before.
No application will be accepted for admission to courses in MBBS/MD or Dentistry/Nursing.
Candidates may note that Indian universities/educational institution are autonomous and independent and hence have their own eligibility criteria which have to be fulfilled. Please also note that acceptance of application by the University is also not a guarantee of admission. A scholarship is awarded only when admission is confirmed by ICCR.
Student must carry a proper visa. Students should ensure that they get the correct visa from the Indian Embassy/High Commission. Government of India guideline stipulate that if a scholar arrives without proper visa and his/her actual admission at the University/Institute does not materialize, he/she will be deported to his/her country.
Before departing for India the scholars should seek a full briefing from the Indian Diplomatic Mission in their country about living conditions in India/the details of scholarship/the type and duration of the course to which he/she is admitted. Scholars should inform the Indian Embassy/High Commission of their travel schedule well in advance so that ICCR can make reception and other arrangements for them.
Scholars are advised to bring some money with them to meet incidental expenditures on arrival in India.
The scholars who are awarded scholarships should bring with them all documents relating to their qualification in original for verification by the respective college/university at the time of admission

Number of Scholarships: 900

Value of Scholarship: (figure is in Indian currency)

Living allowance (Stipend) (Per Month)
Undergraduate -5,500 , Postgraduate-6,000 M.Phil / Ph.D 7,000, Post-doctoral Fellow-7,500
-House Rent Allowance (Per Month)
In Grade 1 cities-5,000 and In other cities-4,500
-Contingent Grant (per annum)
Undergraduate-5,000, Postgraduate-7,000, M/Phil / Ph.D and M.Tech./ME-12,500, Postdoctoral studies-15,500, Tuition Fee/Other Compulsory Fee-As per actual (excluding refundable amount) –Thesis and dissertation Expenses (Once in entire duration of course)
D Scholar-10,000 and for BBA/BCA/MBA/MCA/M.Tech and other course required submission of Project-7.000
-Medical Benefits
Under the scheme scholars are expected to seek treatment only at medical centre or dispensary attached to universities / Institutes where they enrolled or in the nearest Government hospital (Bill are settled as admissible according to AMA/CGHS norms)

Duration of Scholarship: For the period of study

Eligible Countries: Under this Scheme, the Council offers 900 scholarships to the following African countries:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cape Verde, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Comoros, Congo (Republic of), Djibouti, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea (concurrent from Nairobi), Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Libya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, South Sudan (Republic of), Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sao Tame & Principe, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
To be taken at (country): India

How to Apply
Please read the instruction before filling out the application forms. Please also read the financial terms and conditions. The completed and signed application form which should be typed and not hand written along with other attachments must be e-mailed as a pdf document to the Embassy/ High Commission of India in your country. A hard copy along with 5 photographs should also be delivered to the Embassy/ High commission of India.

Check it Out https://divineebube..com.ng/2016/12/indian-government-iccr-scholarship-for.html
Thanks...
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Daboywizzy: 8:26am On Dec 14, 2016
emmahoney:
Thanks...
My pleasure
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
It is required that one should send six copies of the application form to the embassy but, the application form is for one does this means it should it sent six times to the embassy. Lastly, there is only one space for passport, I don't understand how six passports will fit in. Good day
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by emmahoney(m): 6:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
Stephenmoka4:
It is required that one should send six copies of the application form to the embassy but, the application form is for one does this means it should it sent six times to the embassy. Lastly, there is only one space for passport, I don't understand how six passports will fit in. Good day
A passport photograph for a single application form. But since six copies of Application forms are required, do the mathematics. You are to send the six copies once well packed with other necessary documents inside a single big brown envelope.
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Daboywizzy: 11:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
emmahoney:
A passport photograph for a single application form. But since six copies of Application forms are required, do the mathematics. You are to send the six copies once well packed with other necessary documents inside a single big brown envelope.

Exactly
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:55pm On Dec 18, 2016
According to the application guide file I downloaded, the scholarship must be made know first by the embassy or government, besides can the application be sent via courier to the embassy. Thanks for the reply
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Daboywizzy: 10:45am On Dec 19, 2016
Stephenmoka4:
According to the application guide file I downloaded, the scholarship must be made know first by the embassy or government, besides can the application be sent via courier to the embassy. Thanks for the reply

ICCR accepts applications only through Indian Missions overseas. Candidates are advised to apply through the Indian missions in their respective countries. No application may be sent directly to ICCR or through their country’s Embassies/High Commissions in New Delhi.

Applying in person is more advisable.. From my own point of view though
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2016
Thanks, I don't understand who should I send the hard copies to and have you done yours.
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Mohayaks: 5:34pm On Dec 19, 2016
When is the dateline

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Daboywizzy: 6:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
Mohayaks:
When is the dateline
Application Deadline: 15th January 2017
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Daboywizzy: 6:14pm On Dec 19, 2016
Stephenmoka4:
Thanks, I don't understand who should I send the hard copies to and have you done yours.

Embassy
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Mohayaks: 6:24pm On Dec 19, 2016
Daboywizzy:

Application Deadline: 15th January 2017
Thanks. Did you apply?
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Daboywizzy: 6:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
Mohayaks:

Thanks. Did you apply?

Nop I only applied for MCF scholarship
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Mohayaks: 6:59pm On Dec 19, 2016
Daboywizzy:

Nop I only applied for MCF scholarship
Okay. This iccr process is tidious
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Daboywizzy: 9:22pm On Dec 19, 2016
Mohayaks:

Okay. This iccr process is tidious
but it's worth it
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Mohayaks: 7:24am On Dec 20, 2016
Daboywizzy:
but it's worth it
Yes. Am filling the form atm but they are asking for the syllabi and curricula of all the courses that someone did in university
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:42am On Dec 20, 2016
Who has applied here, is it the transport fare to the India embassy in Nigeria that is stopping people from applying.
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Mohayaks: 6:53am On Dec 21, 2016
Stephenmoka4:
Who has applied here, is it the transport fare to the India embassy in Nigeria that is stopping people from applying.
Am applying will be in abuja before the end of first week of january
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Raph82(m): 8:12am On Dec 21, 2016
Mohayaks:

Yes. Am filling the form atm but they are asking for the syllabi and curricula of all the courses that someone did in university
It won't be easy to get syllabi of all the courses taken. I think attaching transcript should take care of all that. No institution will be listing out all the subjects taken for each course, that will be too voluminous. I stand to be corrected anyway.
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Mohayaks: 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2016
Raph82:
It won't be easy to get syllabi of all the courses taken. I think attaching transcript should take care of all that. No institution will be listing out all the subjects taken for each course, that will be too voluminous. I stand to be corrected anyway.
I think of that too. Are you applying?
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Coschy(m): 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
Daboywizzy:

ICCR accepts applications only through Indian Missions overseas. Candidates are advised to apply through the Indian missions in their respective countries. No application may be sent directly to ICCR or through their country’s Embassies/High Commissions in New Delhi.

do they require IELTS
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Raph82(m): 8:29pm On Dec 21, 2016
Mohayaks:
I'm considering a trial.
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Raph82(m): 8:29pm On Dec 21, 2016
Mohayaks:

I will try it out, though it entails rigour & consumes time.
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Daboywizzy: 8:38pm On Dec 21, 2016
Y'all be ready.. Am gonna be posting another full scholarship ...

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Daboywizzy: 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2016
Coschy:

do they require IELTS

Nop..but IELTs COuld be an advantage
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Raph82(m): 8:43pm On Dec 21, 2016
Coschy:

do they require IELTS
If u have one to present, there's no offence in that. If not, there's no need for one, cos a mission representative will certify ur English proficiency @ the point of submission.
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Mohayaks: 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
Raph82:
I will try it out, though it entails rigour & consumes time.
Yeah and i think thats why people shun away from it
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by ItalianProf(m): 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
Please am a high school final year student(ss3)Can i apply before i write my waec exams next year?
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Coschy(m): 10:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
I have local transcript (ie within Nigeria university, can they accept it?)
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by topearos(m): 1:32am On Dec 23, 2016
Daboywizzy:

ICCR accepts applications only through Indian Missions overseas. Candidates are advised to apply through the Indian missions in their respective countries. No application may be s
ent directly to ICCR or through their country’s Embassies/High Commissions in New Delhi.

Hi sir,
please do you mean I can not send the application through courier to the high commission in Nigeria??
Re: 2017/2018 Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship For 900 African Students by Daboywizzy: 10:13am On Dec 23, 2016
ItalianProf:
Please am a high school final year student(ss3)Can i apply before i write my waec exams next year?

You're to to write next year .. So I don't see the possibility since WAEC results are released in August ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

University Of Calabar Lecturer Carries His Student's Baby During Exam / WAEC EXPO/RUNZ 2020 | NECO EXPO/RUNS: CALL 08138222229 NOW / FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.