Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,837 members, 7,806,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating (20765 Views)

Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents / Reps Propose Six Months Jail Term For Anyone Who Distorts Queues / BREAKING: EFCC Boss Magu Risks Jail Term For Contempt Of Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by Realdeals(m): 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Thursday, 8th December, 2016 secured the conviction of three operators of wonder bank, Dayo Peter Bulus (a.k.a Bulus Maiyaki Oyeleye Adetunji (a.k.a James Adetunji) and Martins Adedayo before Justice Salad Mohammed of High Court 2 Gombe, Gombe State on two Count charge of Conspiracy and Cheating to tune of (N968, 050) Nine Hundred and Sixty Eight Thousand Fifty Naira Only.
The Convicts were arraigned by the EFCC on Thursday 8th December, 2016 before Gombe State High Court no. 2. Upon their arraignment, the convict pleaded guilty to the two count charge against them.
In view of the plea of guilty entered by the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Accused persons, the prosecution counsel A.M Labaran urge the court to convict them' based on their plea as there is no better evidence than the confession of an accused person and also cited Section 28 of the Evidence Act, 2011 as Amended.

The complainant alleged that the convicts were using the Company Graceland Real Option Ltd. to lure their victims in Gombe State through a promise of soft loan of 12% interest rate without collateral. The convicts fixed the repayment period of the said loan to 35 weeks with option of weekly or monthly repayment.
The victims were lured to purchase the loan form at the cost of N2,000 (Two Thousand Naira Only) before they can be granted the loan, which very large number of persons key into. It was at the point of purchasing the loan form that some of the victims suspected fraud and alerted the EFCCwhich swung into investigation that led to the arrest of the convicts.

Count one of the charge read 11 That you Graceland Real Option Ltd., Dayo Peter Bulus (a.k.a Bulus Maivaki), Oyeleye Adetunji (a.k.a James Adetunji),
Martins Adedayo being the account officer and agents of Graceland Real Option Ltd, and Kenny Christopher (now at large) sometime in June, 2016 at Gombe, Gombe State within the jurisdiction of this Honorable Court, did conspired amongst yourselves to do an illegal act to wit; fraudulently induces various persons to include Vitalis Okoro, Hauwa'u Adamu, Maryam Bukar Ibrahim, Innocent Nwabodo among other unsuspected victims to deliver monies to the tune of N968,OSO.OO (Nine Hundred and Sixty Eight Thousand Fifty Naira Only) to you under the disguise that upon depositing 20% a customer wish to borrow, the said sum were to be used to access loan from Graceland Real Option Ltd which never happened and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 96 of the penal code and punishable under Section 97 of the Penal Code.
The presiding Judge Justice Mohammed after hearing submissions from the prosecution and the defense counsel agreed with the submission of the prosecution counsel to convict the 2nd, 3rd and 4th accused persons. However, the court convicted and sentenced them to two (2) months imprisonment with an option of N20,000 fine on count 1 and six (6) months imprisonment with an option of N40, 000 fine on count 2.

http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-nigerian-news/2016/12/13/efcc-news-three-wonder-bank-operators-bags-8-months-jail-term-conspiracy-cheating/
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by jchuchu(m): 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
D poster below me, e don do na ehn?

Una mind don rest abi? So wt nxt

Nigerians na evrytn una dey like joke abt

Mmm, d tn juz dey trend like idiot

Useless stupid country

Thunder fire all una wey wnt make d tn crash, I wonder weda na una go dey feed ppl wey dey try use d shit survive for a living

Useless country, black monkeys cheesy

Pls dnt quote me, pls I beg u

Make thunder no strike una sad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by Mememan: 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

grin grin grin

2.2 million naira don enter gobe shocked

I jus dey laf still...

4 Likes

Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by jaygem(m): 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
Is the OP a mod The topic enter FP with 'speed of light' without a single comment.

Why news like this come up same day MMM freeze account

2 Likes

Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by Oyetboy(m): 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
Singing wonder, wonder, wonder wonder

4 Likes

Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by Okundaye4(m): 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
ok
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by haywire07(m): 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
For wat? . I still see no fraud in what they did .

It should only be called fraud only if after the stipulated 35months, the 12% is not given .

In other news, long live MMM

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by izzou(m): 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
This post reminds me of my MMM money

Mavrodi, take 40% and give me back the rest.

cry

I can't believe it's gone. Somebody should help me please

7 Likes

Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by AjalaJ(m): 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
Are they also part of the MMM stuff?

Neteller here: .com.ng
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by ettybaba(m): 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
Are they the operators of mmm?
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by themosthigh: 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
so aboki too don learn wayo, let the devil win so that He can end this world already and lock up Christ in the bottomless pit.
Jehovah is managing this world poorly and if there was a senate or board of directors, they would have sacked him.
How can you be all powerful and all knowing with no equal and the world is still so bleeped up?
I have decided to join lucifer and fight jehovah on Armageddon and end this tyranny forever.
Anybody that insults me shall be possessed and dealt with by lucifer and he who likes my post shall be given all the wealth he desire and he who shares it shall have all his heart desires plus abundant wealth.
Take this message to jehovah, the end of his bulshit is coming very soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Once you realise say even some EFCC and Police been follow they preach MMM upandown...
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
Good for them..

MMM users right now..what a pity cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by thecrush: 2:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
Moku Mogbe Modaran!!
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by ihedioramma: 2:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
NAME
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by Bilabong(m): 2:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
T
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by cupidFlint(m): 2:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
some zombies done already dey shout mmm
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by Atiku2019: 2:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
cool

2017 WWW
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by kirchofff(m): 2:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
lol......wey dem Igbos? Come see these afonja o.........lol make u guys start fight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by Memphis357(m): 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
2017...... Do quick come abeg!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by BuyGoats: 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
grin grin grin grin...

Our government needs to create jobs for our youths.
It's obvious our youths are jobless. Imagine over 3m people in Mmm. This is a big shame on our government. I know a day will come when our youths will feast on these useless leaders.

I'm creative in my own way. Please check my signature shocked shocked shocked shocked 4 ur goats.
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
All because of MMM .

journalism in Nigeria is just disgraceful
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by Oblitz(m): 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
hmm
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by rickie4us(m): 2:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
it is now that MMM has crashed that you people are bringing this news>?
I have often told people that MMM would crash really soon but they always told me .... IS IT YOUR MONEY?
Well, let me give a quick breakdown of this scam:
A few guys who set this up put their names and account on the system for HELP to be provided for them at all times. They did not invest anything, hence their names appear in different places at all times and people paid in ignorantly.
Well, those guys don hammer. or what were you thinking? Those behind the software just made themselves rich.
I am even aware that some yahoo boys were already taking advantage of the MMM popularity to create their own schemes online somewhat similar to MMM.
I am out

3 Likes

Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by Afonjas: 2:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
Cone heads a.k.a Afonjas usual

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by fratermathy(m): 2:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
Hehehe. Finally!

ARREST THEM ALL!

INCLUDING THAT SELF ORDAINED PASTOR MBANEFO THAT FORMED MMM NIGERIA!

If the youths will not learn, help them and eliminate those who would ruin their lives with ponzi schemes and wonder banks!

Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by wexyee: 3:00pm On Dec 13, 2016
any idiot wey complain about mmm crash the thunder wey go fire him dey gather centripetal force......... We tell them dey no hear... Goverment tell them dey no hear, expert tell dem dey no hear... In fact victims of the so called mmm fraud tell una but una no hear...... Shey una talk say una destiny na to lose money.....!!?

1 Like

Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by Hurlstarling: 3:00pm On Dec 13, 2016
Interested in making cool money? Check my signature
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by OBAFEMIawolowo: 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2016
Name checkers, over to you
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by fratermathy(m): 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2016
haywire07:
For wat? . I still see no fraud in what they did .

It should only be called fraud only if after the stipulated 35months, the 12% is not given .

In other news, long live MMM

Keep doing MMM. Just make sure you sell all your properties and PH with them.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4601505_images_jpeg68d5535b971d558f594f10a5affd0a71

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4601079_4596862hqdefaultjpeg923502446efb5a99b7cf2bb4dbd85b24_jpeg7c048ea59453d9aab49ed16dc9fc2a7e
Re: EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating by ddaammyy(f): 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
Omase o embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Aregbesola Endorses 2face Peace Campaign / President Buhari Approves Renewal Of Appointment Of 12 Non-Career Ambassadors / #EndSARS: Youths Protest In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.