Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget (10040 Views)

2018 World Cup: Senate Urges FG To Fund Super Eagles With Recovered Loots / What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC / 2017 Budget: FG Targets N565bn From Recovered Loot, MTN Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:39am On Dec 14, 2016
A total of N565billion stolen funds have been recovered by the government and included in the 2017 budget.
This is revealed in a revised Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) submitted to the National Assembly last week.

President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to present a proposed budget of N7.28 trillion for 2017 at a joint session of the National Assembly today, an increase of ‎about 19.95 per cent over 2016 budget of N6.07 trillion.

The MTEF, however, showed that the amount included $320million equivalent to N97.6 billion Abacha loot being expected from the Swiss government.

Minister of Budget and National Planning, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma said yesterday the money was almost ready.

“It is virtually at hand... We believe we will get it,” he said during a meeting with the Senate Committees on Finance, Appropriation and National Planning on MTEF/Fiscal Strategy Paper (FSP).

The recovered funds included N261billion domestic recoveries and another N205.5 billion tagged “other FGN recoveries.”

Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed in June revealed that the government had recovered cash totalling N78.3billion, $185million, 3.5million Pounds Sterling and 11, 250 Euros.

The Federal government targeted collectible revenue of N10.4trillion from gross oil revenue of N5trillion, dividend payment (NLNG) N61billion, Solid minerals N2.5billion, gross non-oil revenue N5.06trillion, Non-federation account levies N53billion, education tax N188.7billion and National Information Technology Development Fund N24billion.

Also, the Federal government is proposing to borrow N2.3trillion to finance deficit in the 2017 budget. While N1.2 trillion is expected to be sourced locally, N1.067trillion would be sourced from abroad.

For debt service, the Federal government proposed N1.6 trillion for both domestic and foreign debts.

In the document, N115billion was budgeted for the National Assembly for the 2017 fiscal year same as in 2016.

On borrowing for 2017 budget, Udoma said the government would take N1.067trillion equivalent to $3.5billion from World Bank and Euro bond.

Also speaking, the Director General of the Budget office, Mr. Ben Akabueze said the N1.2trillion domestic loan for the 2016 budget has been fully drawn.

Similarly, the House of Representatives yesterday commenced consideration of the 2017-2019 MTEF/FSP ahead of President Muhammadu Buhari’s budget presentation today.

The consideration was sequel to a motion by House Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila, who said the MTEF was submitted in line with Section 11 (2) of the Fiscal Responsibility Act, 2007.

He said the Act also provides that MTEF should contain a macro-economic framework setting out the macro-economic projections for the next three financial years.

After debate on the motion, with some lawmakers arguing that some of the projections were not feasible, the House referred the two documents to the committees on finance, appropriations, national planning and economic development, legislative budget and research and, aids, loans and debt management to scrutinize and make recommendations to the House.

N/Assembly wears new look

Meanwhile, our correspondents observed that the National Assembly premises wore a new look ahead of Buhari’s budget presentation.

It was observed that some major parts of the building, especially the White House, where the two chambers of the federal legislature are located, were painted yesterday, while the grasses around the premises were trimmed.

Daily Trust further gathered that all civil servants and many other support staff at the National Assembly were asked not to come to work today as the president presents the budget estimates.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-n565bn-recovered-loot-forms-part-of-2017-budget/175859.html

Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by HungerBAD: 2:43am On Dec 14, 2016
This is a very Strange Budget.

I mean,where in the World is looted funds still expected from another Country added to another's budget?

And what is Senator Udoma saying?what money is ready?the one still overseas?

I don't want to believe this story. It does not even sound well to me,and I am a novice about budgeting matters.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by Aufbauh(m): 2:49am On Dec 14, 2016
Interesting! Going by the MTEF overview analysis, 2017 is truly & surely pregnant for good things as its framework is objective and realistic.

Why should i regret committing my future in the hands of a disciplined probable man who has a track record of probity,accountability, honesty and above all delivery.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by LoveMachine(m): 3:24am On Dec 14, 2016
Aufbauh:
Interesting! Going by the MTEF overview analysis, 2017 is truly & surely pregnant for good things as its framework is objective and realistic.

Why should i regret committing my future in the hands of a disciplined probable man who has a track record of probity,accountability, honesty and above all delivery.

Year 1- Security
Year 2- Corruption
Year 3- Economic Renaissance

We are on track. It shall be well.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by Achuwa1(m): 3:33am On Dec 14, 2016
Aufbauh(m): 2:49am

i hope u are not referring to buhari when u talked about probity,accountability,honesty.
because his govt is full of flaws.
He stole us dry during his regime in 1983 & still stole from us as the head of PTDF during Abacha regime,him & his family are corrupt.
He delivered recession to you & has bestowed hardship on Nigerians coupled with not fulfilling any of his campaign promises which makes him a big liar .
i can go on & on but buhari is scam Tinubu sold to us

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by zinachidi(m): 3:44am On Dec 14, 2016
LoveMachine:

Year 1- Security
Year 2- Corruption

we are on track Really? U're seeing Nigeria like this and u're saying we are on track. undecided. Guy just go back to being a love machine.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by Aufbauh(m): 3:46am On Dec 14, 2016
Achuwa1:

i hope u are not referring to buhari when u talked about probity,accountability,honesty.
He stole us dry during his regime in 1983 & still stole from us as the head of PTDF during Abacha regime,him & his family are corrupt.
He delivered recession to you & has bestowed hardship on Nigerians coupled with not fulfilling any of his campaign promises which makes him a big liar .

Stalled!
Broken record: used, especially in similes, to refer to a person's constant and annoying repetition of a particular statement or opinion.

11 Likes

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by Atiku2019: 4:26am On Dec 14, 2016
HungerBAD:

I mean,where in the World is looted funds still expected from another Country added to another's budget?

I don't want to believe this story. It does not even sound well to me,and I am a novice about budgeting matters.

cheesy grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by Atiku2019: 4:35am On Dec 14, 2016
A total of N565billion stolen funds have been recovered by the government and included in the 2017 budget.
This is revealed in a revised Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) submitted to the National Assembly last week.

Dear President,

We All want a financial breakdown of how N565billion stolen funds was recovered. Names of each corrupt individual and how much they stole/ returned. So that whenever these corrupt individuals want to contest for any political position in this country we'll Refuse/Stand against their political ambitions.

Thank You.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by muri4mig(m): 4:51am On Dec 14, 2016
HungerBAD:

I don't want to believe this story. It does not
even sound well to me,and I am a novice about budgeting matters.

that is why It is called budget- an estimate or projected revenue cum expenditure of the government. Very soon you will ask why include revenue that will be accrued from the oil that will be sold to foreign countries. Very many people have be arguing that why dnt we use recovered loot instead of borrowing? This is the only way to use such funds legally without resulting to extra budgetary spending saga. This administration is given the NASS all the freedom to do their job, it has never happen before. I think we should commend them for it

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by HungerBAD: 5:19am On Dec 14, 2016
muri4mig:
that is why It is called budget- an estimate or projected revenue cum expenditure of the government. Very soon you will ask why include revenue that will be accrued from the oil that will be sold to foreign countries. Very many people have be arguing that why dnt we use recovered loot instead of borrowing? This is the only way to use such funds legally without resulting to extra budgetary spending saga. This administration is given the NASS all the freedom to do their job, it has never happen before. I think we should commend them for it

Even to an untrained Novice like me,adding the looted funds yet to be returned to Nigeria into the budget looks out of place.

So what if the returning country changes its mind,due to bureaucratic bottle neck,then what happens?there becomes a deficit in the budget?and if there is a deficit,then what exactly is the country working with?

Please pardon my ignorance,as I want to genuinely learn the intricacies of budgeting.

Thanks.

21 Likes

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by LoveMachine(m): 5:24am On Dec 14, 2016
zinachidi:
we are on track Really? U're seeing Nigeria like this and u're saying we are on track. undecided. Guy just go back to being a love machine.

Yes we are on track. I didn't say things were going well but how could they be? The train was going off the rails when the driver's seat was handed over. The new gov't has done a poor job at times but they have stayed the course on their plan. We have fought BH to a standstill as a country. We have curbed corruption as a country. Now we will rejuvenate the economy as a country.

Only a crazy man can wish ill on his country and expect a positive outcome.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN42IKCAl1c/

And remember Black love = Black power. Get your mind out of the gutter.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by ZUBY77(m): 5:43am On Dec 14, 2016
The wind just blew the money away like I expected

Bunch of old loosers.

3 Likes

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by DaBullIT(m): 6:30am On Dec 14, 2016
ThOse Of Them Crying About Missing Loot Asking Rhetoric Questions About Recovered Loots

I Hooe Youve Been Satisfied

1 Like

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by DaBullIT(m): 6:32am On Dec 14, 2016
Achuwa1:

He Stole You Dry Yet Non Of YOur People , generation Or Relatives Have Been Able To Call Him Out ?

Hahahaha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by SillyMods: 6:37am On Dec 14, 2016
Kudos to PMB.

HungerBAD:

Even to an untrained Novice like me,adding the looted funds yet to be returned to Nigeria into the budget looks out of place.

So what if the returning country changes its mind,due to bureaucratic bottle neck,then what happens?there becomes a deficit in the budget?and if there is a deficit,then what exactly is the country working with?

Please pardon my ignorance,as I want to genuinely learn the intricacies of budgeting.

Thanks.
There is NOTHING wrong in including loots to be recovered in the budget.

Doing so must have taken cognizance of the current status of work done to get those loots recovered.

It's the same way the budget projects earnings from other ventures such as income from crude sale, income from tax, import duties, etc.

In reality, anything can also go wrong with each of those items which may not make us earn exactly what we projected.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 7:14am On Dec 14, 2016
I thought the recovered loots were running in trillions undecided

2 Likes

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by tuniski: 7:16am On Dec 14, 2016
LoveMachine:

Year 1- Security
Year 2- Corruption

Year 1- failure
Year 2- failure
Year 3- politics
This is a useless govt. This budget, the MTEF and the other unrealistic projections won't deliver nothing. You can bank it!

14 Likes

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by tuniski: 7:26am On Dec 14, 2016
muri4mig:
Nothing new here abeg stop praising this rudderless govt. By December 2017 people will still be asking what happened to the budget cos it won't achieve anything more than what we are seeing. 7.28trn is actually a reduction on 6.07trn of 2016 in dollar term. 2016 was 30bn$ while 2017 is 24bn$. Yet we hope for miracles.

7 Likes

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by talktimi(m): 7:28am On Dec 14, 2016
90 billion dollars "recovered" from Dieziani alone would go a long way cool
Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by gebest: 7:31am On Dec 14, 2016
wao 565 billion naira recovered loot, thats huge
Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 14, 2016
nija govt be lieying since 200bc

1 Like

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by Jesusloveyou: 7:57am On Dec 14, 2016
Achuwa1:

he delivered recession to you from your ineffectual buffoon.
Enjoy the mismanagement of your ineffectual buffoon when the oil price was $120

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by freeze001(f): 8:14am On Dec 14, 2016
DaBullIT:
ThOse Of Them Crying About Missing Loot Asking Rhetoric Questions About Recovered Loots

I Hooe Youve Been Satisfied

Who stole what and who returned what? That's accountability and transparency not some figure which just happens to be nicely rounded up to #565Billion

7 Likes

Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by richidinho(m): 8:25am On Dec 14, 2016
Ok
Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by Moreoffaith(m): 8:26am On Dec 14, 2016
Okay
Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by veekid(m): 8:27am On Dec 14, 2016

buhari sef
Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 14, 2016
Is that all?
Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by Bonapart(m): 8:27am On Dec 14, 2016
Figures and joke as usual
Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by sakalisis(m): 8:27am On Dec 14, 2016
Werey government
Re: FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget by RentALodge: 8:28am On Dec 14, 2016
We need to name and shame......not for the glorification of the the government but for every soldier that died due to poor equipment, every single Nigerian that did not receive proper medical attention due to stolen funds, for every school child denied proper education. We need a public record, nay we need a wall with those looters names indelibly printed on it....and etched on that wall will be thus stated "never again will an individual/cabal bigger that the Federal Republic of Nigeria".

1. Who stole what ?
2. Who amongst those on trial has been convicted to warrant recovery
3. What is the meaning of interim recovery
4. How much of it is Abacha loot.

That said, this recovered loot is a drop in the ocean compared to the proposed #7 trillion budget for 2017. How will they get the money? There is no more oil bonanza, Donald Trump is going to pump Shale oil so much that Saudi will be scared. The forex flip-flop is not allowing foreign investment to come to the country. Inflation is not allowing Nigerians buy made in Nigeria goods.

So how will this government fund the 2017 budget? We already know 2016 budget is a disaster.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Politicians 'colluding With INEC Officials' To Alter Submitted Lists / South West PDP Caretaker Committee Suspends Dayo Ogungbenro / How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.