Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,953 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? (1588 Views)

2019: Nigeria’s Messiah Will Come From North - Pastor Tunde Bakare / Please People Of God Where Can I Go For Deliverance??? / The Lord Has Shown Me Where Nigeria Next President Will Come From - Primate Ayo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2016
For millenia, man has observed the natural world. In past times he was left perplexed and bewildered by certain facets which he could not explain immediately and that led him to think outside the box and to ascribe all natural occurences to forces higher than him. God was the ultimatum of what he had deduced from his observations, a conscious causality. Now in our time, there is unlimited access to the ocean of knowledge surrounding us.... TO BE CONTINUED...

2 Likes

Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Deicide: 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2016
when You personify Nature you Create God!!

1 Like

Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Blitzerz: 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:

Prove it.
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 14, 2016
What seemed as a bewilderment to the prehistoric man due to his obvious naivete is now known in its workings. But the idea of God or a Creator has been dismissed as part of man's search for the unknown. Now man not only ascribed natural phenomenon to spirits or gods but he also claimed to talk with them. Now the question is, where did the idea of a conscious talking cause come from? Honest answers please.... Not in the mood to post much today...
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:
Read my second post...
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Deicide: 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2016
Blitzerz:

Prove it.

In Egypt they once Worshiped the Sun and this ideas have been improved upon over time...

I just realize that You don't even Understand my statement that's why you were Quick to say "Prove it"
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Deicide: 3:37pm On Dec 14, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Read my post below...
OK..
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Deicide: 3:40pm On Dec 14, 2016
lordnicklaus:
Now the question is, where did the idea of a conscious talking cause come from? Honest answers please.... Not in the mood to post much today...
Do You have A Brain
?
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Blitzerz: 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:

In Egypt they once Worshiped the Sun and this ideas have been improved upon over time...

I just realize that You don't even Understand my statement that's why you were Quick to say "Prove it"

You have not proven it.
You demonstrate it right now.

Or is the "sun" nature?
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:

Do You have A Brain
?
Of course, your ques is funny...
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Deicide: 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Of course, your ques is funny...
So where do you think the idea comes From?
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Deicide: 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
Blitzerz:

You have not proven it.
You demonstrate it right now.

Or is the "sun" nature?

Who said the Sun was Nature? 0r like i said you have a problem understanding my Statement
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2016
As your post already implies, the idea of God comes from naivety, perplexity, ignorance, fear and most of all.... hope.

2 Likes

Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Blitzerz: 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:

Who said the Sun was Nature? 0r like i said you have a problem understanding my Statement

U r the one who didnt understand what you said.

1 Like

Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:

So where do you think the idea comes From?
If man had only ascribed natural phenomena to gods, then we can rightly say it's all in his head but he also claimed to talk with them and get a reply. Now what I am asking is this, would man (though naive but with his thinking faculty intact) claim to talk to an abstract concept, what he just guessed as responsible for what puzzled him and still claim that he got a reply physically and not in his mind?
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Deicide: 4:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
lordnicklaus:

If man had only ascribed natural phenomena to gods, then we can rightly say it's all in his head but he also claimed to talk with them and get a reply. Now what I am asking is this, would man (though naive but with his thinking faculty intact) claim to talk to an abstract concept, what he just guessed as responsible for what puzzled him and still claim that he got a reply physically and not in his mind?

A Form of Talking to God is Through prayers! Though in Reality You are actually Talking To yourself So basically The Reply You are also getting is Also coming from You!

1 Like

Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by reallest(f): 4:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:

Do You have A Brain
?
Do u?
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by mmsen: 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:

Worshipping the sun makes more sense than creating an imaginary friend.

Human beings have actually regressed in that regard.
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Deicide: 4:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
Blitzerz:

U r the one who didnt understand what you said.

See Guy this is The last Time I'll Reply you i Said "IF MAN PERSONIFY NATURE HE CREATES GOD" Now Define Nature?

Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Deicide: 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2016
reallest:

Do u?
No i don't
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Blitzerz: 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:

See Guy this is The last Time I'll Reply you i Said "IF MAN PERSONIFY NATURE HE CREATES GOD" Now Define Nature?
Good.

Simple, now you personify nature and create a god right here, right now, lets see how long the "god" will last.

1 Like

Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Deicide: 4:19pm On Dec 14, 2016
mmsen:

Worshipping the sun makes more sense than creating a imaginary friend.

Human beings have actually regressed in that regard.

Lol Christians Worship the SUN in form Of JÉSUS grin
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:

A Form of Talking to God is Through prayers! Though in Reality You are actually Talking To yourself So basically The Reply You are also getting is Also coming from You!
Asides prayers. Take for instance in the wilderness, the children of Israel heard Jehovah speak openly... just an example
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Deicide: 4:22pm On Dec 14, 2016
Blitzerz:

Good.

Simple, now you personify nature and create a god right here, right now, lets see how long the "god" will last.
Do you Think We would all Be alive Right now If it Wasn't For the Sun in Which the Egyption Worshiped as God?? Is the Sun still Existing?

See am not Here To argue with you me and lordniklaus is shearing Some knowledge here...
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by reallest(f): 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:

No i don't

Better
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Blitzerz: 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:

Do you Think We would all Be alive Right now If it Wasn't For the Sun in Which the Egyption Worshiped as God?? Is the Sun still Existing?

See am not Here To argue with you me and lordniklaus is shearing Some knowledge here...

Shearing ko.
Next time, dont say what u cant prove.
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Deicide: 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Asides prayers. Take for instance in the wilderness, the children of Israel heard Jehovah speak openly... just an example
Oh jeez So you believe those Bible story to Be actual Facts? grin Please give me Real world Example where a voice Of God was actually Heard and maybe Even Recorded...

1 Like

Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Deicide: 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2016
Blitzerz:

Shearing ko.
Next time, dont say what u cant prove.
I have already done that though to be in denial is not of concern to me..
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
As your post already implies, the idea of God comes from naivety, perplexity, ignorance, fear and most of all.... hope.

This account was created December 9 .

Felixomor , who do you think is behind this account ?
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by Deicide: 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

What does this have to do With the Thread Mr Detective?
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by ScepticalPyrrho: 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Did you miss me?

I'm back.

Have you provided any proofs for your claims yet?

It's Pyrrho, incase you forgot.

Yeye person

@op don't mind this guy, he likes shooting off target.
Re: The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:29pm On Dec 14, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
Did you miss me?

I'm back.

Have you provided any proofs for your claims yet?

It's Pyrrho, incase you forgot.

Yeye person

@op don't mind this guy, he likes shooting off target.

Oh .. damn !!!!! ma nigga grin grin

The Pyrrho in your username eluded me

How far na grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? / What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. / Questions About Jehovah's Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.