Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,487 members, 7,801,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions (26185 Views)

Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) / Agro Seeds Classifications: The Best Class To Plant / Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 4:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
at the sight of make millions on the topic i know that it would attract lots of people to this thread, but it would not be disappointing to you if you can be patient to learn the most stress free methods of getting good money within 45-50days. The world is seeking for more stress free ways of actualizing greater yield... I have always gone through lots of crucibles maintaining a whole hectere of farm land, with lots of challenges to go through... ranging from the stress of clearing a whole hectere plus ploughing and ridging as if that stress is not enough you now come to prevent weeds after the pre-emergence herbiciding u would still end up battling with weeds at some point in time, God save you if you are using mulching films just to prevent the war with weeds... come to think of it using 150k just for weed control on a hecter of land or cost of paying people to weed your farm like 2-3 times...i made inquiry of leasing a hectare of land for a year, can you imagine the price to lease? as if I was buying the whole land, that would be a story for another day... you may have not farmed on a hectare of land to know that pesticiding a whole hectare is not funny, doing that at least every week just to mention a few stress found at managing a whole hecter of cucumber farm...
necessity they say is a mother of invention... though hard times too can make your dull brains think twice...
I read here on naira land about sack farming, I put it into practice but the ideas of minimizing stress came to mind as I grew and matured in the sack method I produced my first 200 cucumbers stress freely and I enjoyed it... the only stress you have is filling the bags... but as you go through this my piece of research you would discover that the stress of filling those bags with Sand is nothing compared to the stress u would get farming on a whole hectare... the cost of calling the tractor for clearing, ploughing, harrowing and ridging divide it into 5... give one part to workers who would fill the bags with good soil and say bye bye to lots of things I would mention at the cause of this piece. now let's talk about how to convert a 3plots to a hectare... hope some one is following my new tricks on how to make a million from 3plots of land farming cucumber

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by Dadanoah(m): 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2016
Yes! am following u bro.

2 Likes

Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by gomzy121: 12:17am On Dec 15, 2016
Sure we are here
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 5:19am On Dec 15, 2016
what are the advantages of sack farming? 1) saving space 2) maximizing the potentials of land 3) u can even farm on roof tops sofar you are exposed to sun 3) retaining manure and avoid soil leaching 4) retain water etc... having known this I would know that cement bags are the best becos they are not that porous! they can retain more water for a longer time so you would not need watering on a regular basis... to our main matter, the standard measurement of land in Nigeria is 50ft×100ft. we are going to make use of a quarter plot for this experiment.

1 Like

Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 5:33am On Dec 15, 2016
no.5 advantage of using sack. you have nothing to do with weeds at least for the next 2 years because the soil you have in those bags would remain there and you would use and re-use and re-re-use them hahahah if there is something like that... let's carve out a quarter plot... if a plot is 50ft×100ft half plot would then be 25ft×50ft therefore a quarter plot would then be 12.5ft×25ft wow thats enough space for our experiment... so if you have a quarter plot and you are still jobless I can borrow you some seeds... on this 12.5ft×25ft we are going to plant 1080 cucumber seeds.

2 Likes

Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 15, 2016
pamdaniel:
no.5 advantage of using sack. you have nothing to do with weeds at least for the next 2 years because the soil you have in those bags would remain there and you would use and re-use and re-re-use them hahahah if there is something like that... let's carve out a quarter plot... if a plot is 50m×100m half plot would then be 25m×50m therefore a quarter plot would then be 12.5m×25m wow thats enough space for our experiment... so if you have a quarter plot and you are still jobless I can borrow you some seeds... on this 12.5m×25m we are going to plant 2560 cucumber seeds.
im glad to hear that and will be expecting soon
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by phillings247: 10:39am On Dec 15, 2016
pls how much do u buy sacks and where do u get dem .sacks are expensive these days.how many do u use on an hectre
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by opobo007: 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2016
Well said, can we have some pics pls. Secondly how many can we plant on 1 plot?
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 1:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
opobo007:
u would get photos soon relax
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 1:04pm On Dec 15, 2016
phillings247:
pls how much do u buy sacks and where do u get dem .sacks are expensive these days.how many do u use on an hectre
what kind of sack are u talking about I use cement bags... u could get them free from block industries... or either sold at 2-5 naira per bag
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2016
opobo007:
approximately 7600 seeds on a plot
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2016
I have bought cement bags o. they sell #200per dozen and i bought 2 dozens for a start. lets hurry up with the lecture cos i cant wait to see my plants growing

1 Like

Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
thanks a lot for ur active participation in my lecture hall... contemplate on this pix and we would proceed

Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by emmyvet(m): 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2016
pamdaniel:
no.5 advantage of using sack. you have nothing to do with weeds at least for the next 2 years because the soil you have in those bags would remain there and you would use and re-use and re-re-use them hahahah if there is something like that... let's carve out a quarter plot... if a plot is 50m×100m half plot would then be 25m×50m therefore a quarter plot would then be 12.5m×25m wow thats enough space for our experiment... so if you have a quarter plot and you are still jobless I can borrow you some seeds... on this 12.5m×25m we are going to plant 2560 cucumber seeds.

Thank you,

Sorry am drawing you back, half plot should be 50ft by 50ft and quarter should be 25ft by 50ft.
You can draw a rectangle measuring 50ft by 100ft on paper and divide it by two so to see.

Thank you am just pointing it out so people wont be misinformed.
Please continue am following.

1 Like

Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by phillings247: 7:48pm On Dec 15, 2016
pamdaniel:
approximately 7600 seeds on a plot
how many sacks can a plot take
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 11:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
emmyvet:

Thank you,

Sorry am drawing you back, half plot should be 50ft by 50ft and quarter should be 25ft by 50ft.
You can draw a rectangle measuring 50ft by 100ft on paper and divide it by two so to see.

Thank you am just pointing it out so people wont be misinformed.
Please continue am following.

noted

1 Like

Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 5:56am On Dec 16, 2016
I am having a seminar on cucumber farming @ owerri with some naira land friends... when am back we are going to examine this issue of measuring lands... what is a plot? how many ft make a meter? and the rest so that you can do your measurements yourself... stay tuned guys till I am back

1 Like

Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by emmyvet(m): 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2016
pamdaniel:
I am having a seminar on cucumber farming @ owerri with some naira land friends... when am back we are going to examine this issue of measuring lands... what is a plot? how many ft make a meter? and the rest so that you can do your measurements yourself... stay tuned guys till I am back

Ok, patiently waiting
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by Paulordiah(m): 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2016
please, before we start dreaming of millions, how do control Downy may dew this harmattan period
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by freshpzy1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 16, 2016
Tnks sooooooo much, really appreciate this trend you av created, am a student who is very ready to invest. Pls the following is what I will really like you to discuss;
1. Is there a particular kind of soil to use, if yes, how do we get it or even recognise it, am not a farmer neither am I an agric student.
2. How much those the seed cost and how can we get it.......the quantity and current price.
3. What are the things we need to do, before, during and after planting to make sure we are successful in this project.
Those are my questions for now..........tnks so much for sharing part of your knowledge, patiently waiting for your reply.

1 Like

Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 5:38am On Dec 18, 2016
phillings247:
as for me I don't buy the sacks... note that sack I mean are cement bags... the others are kind of expensive xos they serve lots of purpose... but I am talking about cement bags... u can get them at construction sites for free... or even block industries... they could be given for free or cost u 2-5 naira for one... as for how many bags on a hecter I cannot say cos I have not tried to fill a hectare with sack... but if you were following the above information you would know that our aim is not to plant on a hecter... our aim is to minimize small portions of land to give us same yield as that of a hectare which would be financially less, stress free, and manageable for a start.
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 5:46am On Dec 18, 2016
let's get back to bizness... I thank the guy who corrected my measurement of land... instead of in feet I was measuring in meters... however there is a conversion of every measurement... from inch to cm... from cm to feet ... from feet to meter and from meter to kilometer...etc... we are going to be concerned about measuring from feet to meter... the question now is... how many feet make one meter? 3feets make one meter... and we would be measuring in ft for our land... the tape I am using to measure my land is calibrated in fts...

1 Like

Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 6:02am On Dec 18, 2016
measuring a quarter plot one would observe how small a quarter plot is... but let's see how we can compress a quarter plot to give is some good yield... as I have earlier mentioned we are going to pair the bags on a straight line
measuring a quarter plot one would observe how small a quarter plot is... but let's see how we can compress a quarter plot to give some good yield... as I have earlier mentioned we are going to pair the bags on a straight line or on a roll u would place 46 bags and u are going to have 8 rolls on a quarter of land... after creating part ways for free movement and waterering... the point now is u would be giving 2ft space for watering and free passing... for a quarter plot would contain 46bags × 8 rolls = 368bags on one quarter plot of land.... u would be planting 3 seeds per bag, that would mean 368bags ×3seeds =1104seeds would be planted on a quarter plot

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by Dadanoah(m): 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
its wonderful
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by Bukas1: 11:45pm On Dec 19, 2016
Pls link up, aguebukaemeka@gmail.com
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by ayanfemimy(m): 9:24am On Dec 21, 2016
Please I need your phone no so we can talk here is my email add
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 8:53am On Dec 25, 2016
happy Xmas friends
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 8:56am On Dec 25, 2016
Bukas1:
Pls link up, aguebukaemeka@gmail.com
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 8:58am On Dec 25, 2016
ayanfemimy:
Please I need your phone no so we can talk here is my email add
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by shadowid: 12:28pm On Dec 25, 2016
don't u think that such spacing will reduce yield?
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by pamdaniel(m): 2:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
shadowid:
don't u think that such spacing will reduce yield?
state ur critic by your points sir! how do u mean would reduce yield?
Re: How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions by ACDONCHRIS: 11:27am On Dec 27, 2016
Merry Christmas my brother, Palmdaniel and every NL on this thread. Pls go ahead, I'm with you. Pls help answer these questions: 1. What type of soil can be filled in those sacks? 2. Where can such soil type be gotten from? 3. What are the irrigation procedures and methods/timing? 4. What type of fertilizer should be applied, when and how should it be applied? 5. How should weed be controlled on the plot of land where the sacks are kept?
pamdaniel:
measuring a quarter plot one would observe how small a quarter plot is... but let's see how we can compress a quarter plot to give is some good yield... as I have earlier mentioned we are going to pair the bags on a straight line
measuring a quarter plot one would observe how small a quarter plot is... but let's see how we can compress a quarter plot to give some good yield... as I have earlier mentioned we are going to pair the bags on a straight line or on a roll u would place 46 bags and u are going to have 8 rolls on a quarter of land... after creating part ways for free movement and waterering... the point now is u would be giving 2ft space for watering and free passing... for a quarter plot would contain 46bags × 8 rolls = 368bags on one quarter plot of land.... u would be planting 3 seeds per bag, that would mean 368bags ×3seeds =1104seeds would be planted on a quarter plot

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Watermelon Business Secret(The fruit can make you rich within 75-80days) / Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.