Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,827 members, 7,806,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Top Ten Professional Exams - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top Ten Professional Exams (100554 Views)

Professional Exams Vs Masters Which Is Better? / What Professional Exams Do I Need For Oil Jobs? / Free Materials For CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, BCP, DRP, and CBCP Exams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Mustay(m): 12:01am On Mar 09, 2008
rubbie:

well you have all mentioned very good certifications but concerning the acca and ican dispute, agreed acca is recognized internationally but do u realize it is not accepted in the strongest country of the world, USA, u have to write the american CPA to be recognized, and besides acca came up with a new rule that u need to have a performance evaluation of 3 years before u can be certified, thats crap as far as im concerned, and besides be proud to be a champion locally, so ill still put ICAN among the top certifications

that's why it's called AMERICA!

marosky:

mustay it is as if u o r someone close 2 u has failed ican a couple of times.i have friends working with ican abroad.ican is globally recognised.it is true that cpa and acca are more globally recognized.if u don't like ican u can consider anan then you will know that 'khaki no be leather'

no be so o! wink

last month, ICAN officials met with some Int'l institutes to see how ICAN can meet Int'l requirements. The stuff there is that, ICAN needs to review its syllabus frequently in line with current events.
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by omodada1: 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2008
4 thinknow, i want to do GIS with them pls mail me how i can go by it now befor i forget the little i learnt in sku, sesanomodada@yahoo.co.uk grin grin grin
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by candylips(m): 4:32pm On Apr 21, 2008
I am very skeptical about IT certifications because they are mainly product based and tend to loose value after a few years and the existence of brain dumps makess some of  these Certs virtually worthless. (How can a 11 year old kid get a Java certifcation.i know a couple of secondary school kids with MCSE and CCNA as well - this is ridiculous - )
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Kabidoye(m): 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2008
SCJP Sun certified java programmer
SCJD Developer
OCP oracle certified professional
OCM master
CWNA certified wireless network associate
CWNP professional
CISA cert info sys auditor
CISM security manager
PMP project management pro
CCNP cisco cert network pro

these r d hottest 10
get any 2 n kip smiling 4 d rest of ur life.
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by sharpman1(m): 7:50pm On Apr 23, 2008
ACCA - No 1 professional qualification world wide. All you need is to finish the exam and the sky can not even limit you.

TSP:

HI PEOPLE, IM GETTING CONFUSED, MAY BE IM NOT SO SURE ABOUT MYSELF ANYMORE. I ALREADY HAVE A JOB , BEEN WRITING ACCA FOR A YEAR AND STILL ON THE SAME LEVEL ( 1ST STAGE). PLEASE HELP ME OUT, IM NOT DULL, INFACT PEOPLE SAY IM SO SHARP BUT ITS NOT REFLECTING IN MY PERFORMANCE. H, E, L, P!!!!

Need info on how to pass ACCA without stress? get in touch with me.

By the way, did you study Accounting?
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by aonom(m): 9:02am On Jul 22, 2008
where can i get a good location to run Project Management Course in Lagos? thanks smiley
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Mustay(m): 9:31am On Jul 25, 2008
candylips:

I am very skeptical about IT certifications because they are mainly product based and tend to loose value after a few years and the

True; but thatz why you need updating! cheesy

candylips:

(How can a 11 year old kid get a Java certifcation.i know a couple of secondary school kids with MCSE and CCNA as well - this is ridiculous - )

Agba ko ni ogbon
wink
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by candylips(m): 11:07am On Jul 25, 2008
Mustay:

True; but thatz why you need updating! cheesy

updating with the usual brain dumps that u can get off the internet and score 99% in the exam right

Mustay:

Agba ko ni ogbon
wink
Am sure a 12 yr old kid or a secondary school kid wouldnt even try to attempt ACCA or ICAN
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Mustay(m): 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2008
candylips:

updating with the usual brain dumps that u can get off the internet and score 99% in the exam right

Of course cheesy I depend not on those darn schools wink

candylips:

Am sure a 12 yr old kid or a secondary school kid wouldnt even try to attempt ACCA or ICAN
Those crazy orthodox guys grin They even have Age limits to prevent madness grin grin

But come to think of it, those schildren earning Phds at 14; lot of 'em are from Asia cool
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by marosky(m): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2008
CFA is still number 1 in the world.
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by candylips(m): 4:12pm On Jul 25, 2008
Mustay:

Those crazy orthodox guys grin They even have Age limits to prevent madness grin grin

But come to think of it, those schildren earning Phds at 14; lot of 'em are from Asia cool

At the end of the day professional exams are ment for who . . . . Professionals. not kids .

The moment anybody or everybody starts getting them. it becomes worthless
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Mustay(m): 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2008
But is there really anything wrong with those kids having it? undecided

times don change

Generally, the Internet institution has no set of rules; the more reason why Lawyers have problems with it.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by candylips(m): 11:14pm On Jul 26, 2008
Thats why these certifications are near worthless these days.

IT certifications are not professional certifications they are just worthless piece of paper showing that

you have been able to pass a brain-dumped test successfully
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Mustay(m): 11:25am On Jul 28, 2008
As long as they get the money. they care not cheesy wink
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Kashif(m): 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2008
Any PMP in the house pls? wink
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by gabelogan(m): 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2008
i don't think there is a general heihrachy in terms of proffesional qualifications. i believe the heihrachy is only relevant to your field of study (acca, ican for accountants, etc.)

meanwhile, for proffesionals in the finance and mortgage industry, i am thinkin of acquiring a certification in mortgage advice and practice (cemap). i was wondering if someone has an in-depth knowledge on this particular certification and the prsopects for someone with this certificate in nigeria.
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by MORANOCEE(m): 9:35am On Aug 05, 2008
Hey,the list is incomplete without CIA Exams. If u aint tough, u cant stand the heat of the exams!Its multi-desciplinary n wide.CIA-Chartered Institute of Administration. wink
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by a4sss: 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2008
can anyboby in d house tell the full price of ACCA. APART FROM REGISTRATION FEE
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Mustay(m): 11:42pm On Aug 05, 2008
Type in ACCA in the search bar or visit accaglobal.com
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Mustay(m): 12:48pm On Aug 10, 2008
tbalo:

all of them join

how many u fit do "all join"? tongue
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by dayo1401: 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2008
what about those in the food indsutry, any professional exams for them?? food technologist, food scientist, quality control and food safety officers, Brand manager nd executive directors,
help me out people! i want to venture into the food industry and looking at getting an M.sc and writing an professional exams relating to food science if there is any at all.
Planning of adding an MBA after that
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Mustay(m): 11:16am On Aug 26, 2008
dayo1401:

what about those in the food indsutry, any professional exams for them?? food technologist, food scientist, quality control and food safety officers, Brand manager nd executive directors,
help me out people! i want to venture into the food industry and looking at getting an M.sc and writing an professional exams relating to food science if there is any at all.
Planning of adding an MBA after that

http://www.servsafe.com/
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Wasi: 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2008
In regards to your question kazum "please help out, i need where i can do my ccna training in lagos with something like 25k".

You will be please to know that I currently run a Cisco training school in the UK at present and I am planning to setup a Cisco school in Nigeria (Lagos) in Jan 2009, so you are welcome to be one of my first students.

Background:
I am a CCIE written, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA with over 10 years experience working for blue chip company around the world from ISP's to financial sector providing consultancy, designs, implementation and etc, so if you like to know more about the course I will be running, don't hesitate to contact me via email at wasiu.idris@yahoo.co.uk.

Best Regards,
Wasi
WSB Consultancy LTD
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by chrisoboi: 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2009
Abeg my problem be say make una help me to register for ican. i have tried so many times to register but am still finding much stress. pls help tanks
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by AjanleKoko: 10:59pm On Feb 19, 2009
gabe_logan:

i don't think there is a general heihrachy in terms of proffesional qualifications. i believe the heihrachy is only relevant to your field of study (acca, ican for accountants, etc.)

meanwhile, for proffesionals in the finance and mortgage industry, i am thinkin of acquiring a certification in mortgage advice and practice (cemap). i was wondering if someone has an in-depth knowledge on this particular certification and the prsopects for someone with this certificate in nigeria.

I agree with this POV.
Professional certifications cannot be ranked side by side unless they happen to be in the same discipline. e.g ICAN and ACCA.
Then you can rank them mostly by demand. What makes a certification top rated is not the level of difficulty per se, but the demand, both nationally and internationally. Are employers everywhere asking for these certifications? That should be the primary reason for undertaking any certification, except if you are already in that industry, and want to exercise your brain, which is always a good thing, and will make your resume even look better.
Sorry I can't help with the mortgage certification thingie. If you're already working in that industry, why not research it and give it a shot?
It can never harm if you learn something new, or acquire a new qualification in your field.
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by VENUSS(f): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2009
pls guyz is there any professional
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by xsay(m): 12:29pm On Apr 13, 2009
It beaks my heart to see you guys being ripped off by these companies.

For anyone interested in CISCO certification I would recommend self study but you will have to be dedicated and disciplined.

Get some free Study ebook from www.ciscostudyguide.com
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by MyPeace(f): 10:12am On Sep 10, 2009
How relevant is CIPM - chartered institute of personnel management- in the nigerian labour market?
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by ofala(m): 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2009
Yea , you have to write the American CPA here but this is really not good enough. Maybe because of ASUU and their strike I may align with the Americans here if not , I wana say it unequivocally that from my experience here, if Nigerians have half opportunities people have here.Non will get close to Nigerians in the Career filed.
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by babybird82(f): 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2009
Which do u guys recommend for some wit a science background but wants to pursue a career in admin/management?
Thanks 4 ur anticipated responses.
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Fostercat(m): 9:55am On Sep 25, 2009
it amazing seeing lots of professional courses.it is of importance to note that all professional certification r important,depending on the sector u r working or desiring to work with.i ve had opportunity to work in a company were almost every bd had one certification or the other.it was really great.upon employment u do not need further tranning becos u already know wat to do.Personally i ve Chosen the IATA certification and i ve written the exam just this month.The IATA (international air travel association) certification is the World's recognised exam for the travel and airline industry.it really kool.so if u want to work in an airline of ur choice and want to earn big,then think IATA wink wink wink
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Rebirth(m): 11:04am On Sep 25, 2009
Most of the certifications mentioned are IT and Finance, what of the Quality Mgt. & HSE certification?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! / Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers / Salary Range Of Microfinance Bank Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.