Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

"MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph (64316 Views)

MMM Participant Breaks Silence After Loosing N3million To Scheme / MMM Participant Accused Of Duping Fellow Member He Was Matched With (Photo) / Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by CharlieMaria(m): 9:57am On Dec 15, 2016
This is the height of foolishness on the part of FG and useless journalism, since when did MMM become a bank that people will rush to go cash their money? Iranu
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by ZoneBslayer(m): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2016
seun and his mods! if you are going to talk against something, at least have an idea of what you are up against for Pete sake! how can one 'cash MMM' money at the bank naa? kai Nigeria! there is just a very thin line between the ignorantly educated and the illiterates!
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by goingape1: 9:58am On Dec 15, 2016
maxwell60:
ALL OF YOU THAT ARE HAPPY THAT MMM FROOZE ALL PARTICIPANTS MAVRO, YOUR PROBLEM IS IGNORANCE AND JEALOUSY. NOT THAT YOU CARE FOR THOSE THAT ARE AFFECTED
1.YOU ARE JEALOUS BECAUSE, YOUR NEIGHBORS
WHO ARE MMM PARTICIPANTS ARE NOW BETTER
THAT YOU BECAUSE OF MMM.
1.YOU ARE IGNORANT BECAUSE, YOU KNOW NOTHING
ABOUT HOW MMM WORKS, AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT
THE WORD "CRASH" MEANS. YOU ARE HAPPY THAT MMM
HAVE "CRASHED" ACCORDING TO YOU GUYZ, AND YOU FORGOT
THAT NIGERIA STARTED CRASHING FROM 2013. ONE EGG TODAY, IS NOW
50 NAIRA I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU GUYZ BY 2017 YOU
GUYZ SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT HOW BUHARI IS GOING TO BRING
YOU GUYZ OUT OF POVERTY NEXT YEAR IF HE CAN, NOT WHAT HAPPENED TO OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY, NIGERIA IS THE FASTEST DYING COUNTRY IN AFRICA RIGHT NOW
IN FACT IT IS NIGERIA THAT HAVE CRASHED NOT MMM. I BELIEVE THE PEOPLE THAT INVESTED ON MMM WERE AWARE OF THE RISKS THAT WAS INVOLVED. IT IS THIER BUSINESS NOT OURS. WHAT IF MMM RETURN BY JAN 2017 AS THEY SAID, WON'T YOU BE
ASHAMED? PEOPLE STARTED JOINING MMM BECAUSE OF THE BAD ECONOMY WHICH THE
GOVERNMENT IS DOING NOTHING ABOUT. MAY GOD SAVE NIGERIA.
bros leave them!

someone just provided help of about 100k yesterday!

what is wrong with Nigeria is illiterate!

even the so called educated ones are still under the influence of illiterate.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Reference(m): 9:59am On Dec 15, 2016
That is the result of anyone who has benefitted in anyway from this scam, theft has given way to man slaughter. It is fast becoming blood money. Government should move fast to apprehend theses hoodlums and recover whatever cash and assets are left before they sail into the sunset.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by berrystunn(m): 9:59am On Dec 15, 2016
Justnora:
Nigerians can be very greedy someone investing 2.5million in MMM.

You believe that story because you are not into MMM

MMM doesn't work that way...
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Stoical: 10:00am On Dec 15, 2016
and to think that this makes Front Page without verified evidence goes to prove the laziness of the MOD...Seun, you need to reassess your MODS o...It seems they are now getting lazy
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Jermat20(m): 10:00am On Dec 15, 2016
Fake story, what's the name of the bank, and where is the picture of the deceased? What about the bank manager write up about the incident. Satan hammer the writer of this story head though I am not a fan of MMM
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by YeyeGirl(f): 10:00am On Dec 15, 2016
angry

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by sexyjob(m): 10:02am On Dec 15, 2016
wake up dear
yinkslinks:
Paid media. come january or before then, you all will be put to shame. What is the government business with what people do with their money? People die daily from accident from bad roads, medical care, security etc and government has done nothing to fix it. Shameless leaders
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by cmikel: 10:02am On Dec 15, 2016
Naira land like to promote bad new about bad tins on mmm

Watin concern bank with mmn
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by goingape1: 10:03am On Dec 15, 2016
ZoneBslayer:
seun and his mods! if you are going to talk against something, at least have an idea of what you are up against for Pete sake! how can one 'cash MMM' money at the bank naa? kai Nigeria! there is just a very thin line between the ignorantly educated and the illiterates!
I swear! don't that much different
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by MicroBox: 10:03am On Dec 15, 2016
Idiot OP what did the old man want to go and cash...
Is Bank and MMM correlate. .
Was he merge? and with who..
It's better you stop spreading rubbish because I know for sure one of your family member is a participant..
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Thescienceprof(m): 10:03am On Dec 15, 2016
sirOrubebe:
This is from a newsletter:

Around September last year, I was introduced into MMM Global (Note, Not MMM Nigeria).

It promised 100% returns after 30 days. I spent some time researchign about this money-doubling scheme and i found out it was a clasic ponzi scheme.

Well, I saw people earning cash and i knew it would crash sometime. But i decided to join anyway.

Why?

I knew the 100% was worth the risk.

I finally provided help of around N200k in October.

After 30 days, i withdrew everything because i felt it was too good to be true.

We used bitcoins then in MMM Global.

After about a day, i had successfully converted the bitcoins to cash and found i had 442,000. I was amazed!

I did what any smart person would do.

I made a rough calculation on when this system will eventually come crashing down. By my calculations, it was by January 2016.

So i reinvested the N300k into the system, after 30 days i got N600k.

Man i was on a roll!

I was tempted to invest the whole 600k the following month but i was too smart to make a rookie mistake. I fought off the temptations and kept 500k to myself and invested back just N100k.

That month MMM Global crashed.

Not like they crashed immediately but it all started in December when we saw a message on the website after you login that they had to do some system upgrade and clear out fake accounts.

I knew that spelt nothing but doom but i was glad i was smart enough to not have invested all i had earned.

MMM global finally crashed by February this year after we kept hoping for two months that they would come back.

I remember telling my friend who was on MMM South Africa then that if this were to come into Nigeria, it will pick up like wild fire.

I commended my friend for sticking to MMM South africa, but for me i knew that just a 30% return was not worth the risks of a classic ponzi scheme.

The craze started in Nigeria soon enough and like i predicted. It spread like wild fire.

I had friends calling me if i knew about MMM and all i could give them was advice.

I warned them that they could partake but they should be smart about it and not fall for the greed.

Invest, take your capital back with some profits as soon as you can.

Again, I predicted to them that the system will not last December.

Those who listened. Listened.

Those who didn't are in panic right now.

I heard MMM brought out a message that accounts are being frozen for 30 days.

Classic December move. When i heard it i remembered MMM Global last year. I also remembered how MMM South africa crashed too.

Same method, Different excuses.

The truth about MMM Nigeria is that i am sure about 95% that it has already crashed.

Why?

MMM made a mistake by announcing the freezing of accounts at a critical time like this.

Did they not know it will cause panic?

So even if they plan on actually returning back in January, With all these panic caused do you think anyone will want to invest? All anyone would be concerned about is withdrawing their cash out.

MMM is such a ponzi scheme that "Robs peter to pay paul". There are people that sure benefitted. (heck, i did benefit from the global last year) But the truth is when it comes crashing down. More people lose than benefit.

One of the reasons MMM spread like wild fire was accentuated by the fact that the country is riddled with this recession.

People ran to MMM to seek solace and quick cash.

People were desperate.
yeah! you made a whole lot of sense.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Btruth: 10:03am On Dec 15, 2016
Wahala nla ni yii oooo. I suspected that people will started dropping dead.

Oga ooooo. lipsrsealed
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by yorex2011: 10:04am On Dec 15, 2016
I swear, I'm ashamed of Seun and his team. What sort of travesty is this?

the news doesnt even make sense

2 Likes

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by seunoni34(m): 10:04am On Dec 15, 2016
fake news! if you dont GH on your dashboard , you cant cashout any money in the bank .
And as of that tuesday, all GH have been blocked. And did the person recieve alert before going to bank? stop this panic news.

2 Likes

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by godwinstringed1(m): 10:04am On Dec 15, 2016
Mmm has not crashed oooooo oooo chai

1 Like

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Brightgem(f): 10:04am On Dec 15, 2016
sirOrubebe:
This is from a newsletter:

Around September last year, I was introduced into MMM Global (Note, Not MMM Nigeria).

It promised 100% returns after 30 days. I spent some time researchign about this money-doubling scheme and i found out it was a clasic ponzi scheme.

Well, I saw people earning cash and i knew it would crash sometime. But i decided to join anyway.

Why?

I knew the 100% was worth the risk.

I finally provided help of around N200k in October.

After 30 days, i withdrew everything because i felt it was too good to be true.

We used bitcoins then in MMM Global.

After about a day, i had successfully converted the bitcoins to cash and found i had 442,000. I was amazed!

I did what any smart person would do.

I made a rough calculation on when this system will eventually come crashing down. By my calculations, it was by January 2016.

So i reinvested the N300k into the system, after 30 days i got N600k.

Man i was on a roll!

I was tempted to invest the whole 600k the following month but i was too smart to make a rookie mistake. I fought off the temptations and kept 500k to myself and invested back just N100k.

That month MMM Global crashed.

Not like they crashed immediately but it all started in December when we saw a message on the website after you login that they had to do some system upgrade and clear out fake accounts.

I knew that spelt nothing but doom but i was glad i was smart enough to not have invested all i had earned.

MMM global finally crashed by February this year after we kept hoping for two months that they would come back.

I remember telling my friend who was on MMM South Africa then that if this were to come into Nigeria, it will pick up like wild fire.

I commended my friend for sticking to MMM South africa, but for me i knew that just a 30% return was not worth the risks of a classic ponzi scheme.

The craze started in Nigeria soon enough and like i predicted. It spread like wild fire.

I had friends calling me if i knew about MMM and all i could give them was advice.

I warned them that they could partake but they should be smart about it and not fall for the greed.

Invest, take your capital back with some profits as soon as you can.

Again, I predicted to them that the system will not last December.

Those who listened. Listened.

Those who didn't are in panic right now.

I heard MMM brought out a message that accounts are being frozen for 30 days.

Classic December move. When i heard it i remembered MMM Global last year. I also remembered how MMM South africa crashed too.

Same method, Different excuses.

The truth about MMM Nigeria is that i am sure about 95% that it has already crashed.

Why?

MMM made a mistake by announcing the freezing of accounts at a critical time like this.

Did they not know it will cause panic?

So even if they plan on actually returning back in January, With all these panic caused do you think anyone will want to invest? All anyone would be concerned about is withdrawing their cash out.

MMM is such a ponzi scheme that "Robs peter to pay paul". There are people that sure benefitted. (heck, i did benefit from the global last year) But the truth is when it comes crashing down. More people lose than benefit.

One of the reasons MMM spread like wild fire was accentuated by the fact that the country is riddled with this recession.

People ran to MMM to seek solace and quick cash.

People were desperate.
Wonder if people are paying attention to what u said here
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by goingape1: 10:04am On Dec 15, 2016
YeyeGirl:
Coffin sellers, Yaba left, e.t.c,Go make money wella... Chaiii!!!! Nna eh
na for your family coffin sellers go make money wella.....

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by crown08(m): 10:05am On Dec 15, 2016
dipoolowoo:
At least one person was feared dead while several others were wounded in a stampede at various banks in Warri, Delta State, after the promoters of the popular Mavrodi Mundial Moneybox (MMM) suspended the accounts of about 3.3 million Nigerian participants.

It was learnt that the participants in the Ponzi scheme, who heard about the announcement yesterday, rushed to their banks to verify. Investigation shows that in one of the busiest banks in Warri metropolis, an elderly man, who was expected to cash N1.5 million slumped and died when he could not cash the money.

Two other persons, who slumped in the same manner, were quickly revived by sympathisers. Scores of others sustained serious injuries as they rushed to get their hard earn money.

Bank officials refused to speak on the issue. Meanwhile, bandits were cashing in on the confusion and rowdy situation to extort money and rob customers who have continued to besiege banks.

http://www.businesspost.ng/2016/12/15/mmm-participant-slumps-dies-bank/
in as much I don't do mmm. This story na correct lie
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 15, 2016
berrystunn:

You believe that story because you are not into MMM

MMM doesn't work that way...

Read more on Ponzi Schemes MMM is not 100% safe even banks if it was rejected in USA then you should know why MMM is bad. they might come back again go big and disappear
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by ZoneBslayer(m): 10:05am On Dec 15, 2016
posts like this is the reason why men like buhari could hoodwink even the academicians in Nigeria.. I am beginning to doubt the usefulness of formal education in this country...any man who got formal education and still can't think for himself is a waste of money and time...this post is directed the mod who moved this junk to the FP...this is how trump won, the misinformation from the media became too glaring and obnoxious that the neutrals pitched their votes for trump out of disgust..such misinformation like this will make even the anti-mmm bandwagons move over to the other side..

1 Like

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 15, 2016
fratermathy:
It is well!

MMM has become a scourge in this nation. A plague that must be healed!

When you tell them the truth about this, they'll say "is it your money?" or "why take panadol for our headache?"

Now that this one has died, those advising him will be the ones to mourn and bury him.

MMM is evil! No educated person should partake.

I lost respect for all those I held in high esteem once I found out that they participated in MMM.

I dont feel pity for this one at all.

By January, more will go...
mumu, so na money in some1 bank account mmm hold kwa, una stupidity is too high for God to heal.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by obanth2016: 10:07am On Dec 15, 2016
Lies everywhere! Am in Warri, I challenge u to mention d bank. Or is d news of death a secret, when u said a person died and it's not sacred in ur eyes to at least tell us d address and name of the bank and atleast victim? Shame on you! (2) That u said he could not cash his money at d bank is another lie because MMM does not have a central account where people pay into. We pay to paired members directly. It shows that u are ignorant and most ignorant people would listen to u. I advise all who care to know to (1) Carryout personal al investigation before mongering rumors. (2) Understand that most Nigerian journalist engage in "copy and paste" write up. Nigeria is here today because investigative journalism died with Dell Giwa. U talked as if MMM has a bank account that is frozen by CBN or is a joint t significant ivory to ur "non-existent". I pity u.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by paradigmshift(m): 10:08am On Dec 15, 2016
yeye news everywhere...
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by nextprince: 10:09am On Dec 15, 2016
Where are those "is it their money" crew? I'm sure they will still blame the authority.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Seun360(m): 10:10am On Dec 15, 2016
yinkslinks:
Paid media. come january or before then, you all will be put to shame. What is the government business with what people do with their money? People die daily from accident from bad roads, medical care, security etc and government has done nothing to fix it. Shameless leaders

Abeg, gimme ur address make I forward 1 crate of big stout to you.

1 Like

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by pek(m): 10:10am On Dec 15, 2016
With this strong anti MMM stand, nairaland is losing credibility. Even when a news is obviously false, it graces the front page.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by timota(m): 10:10am On Dec 15, 2016
fratermathy:
It is well!

When you tell them the truth about this, they'll say "is it your money?" or "why take panadol for our headache?"

Now that this one has died, those advising him will be the ones to mourn and bury him.

I lost respect for all those I held in high esteem once I found out that they participated in MMM.

education is suppose to make people reason fine,he went to bank to confirm that he cannot withdraw 1.5m from mmm account then the bank name should be mmm bank. I think may be it is his gratuity that has not been paid
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by nextprince: 10:13am On Dec 15, 2016
fratermathy:
It is well!

U have spoken my mind.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by rengsho: 10:14am On Dec 15, 2016
Honestly the writer of this pooo don't have an idea of how MMM operate. Step Up Pls.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by fratermathy(m): 10:15am On Dec 15, 2016
wizzakosh:
mumu, so na money in some1 bank account mmm hold kwa, una stupidity is too high for God to heal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chuddy Ugorji Got New SUV From MMM Guiders As Wedding Gift / MMM Nigeria Freezes Out Mavrodians / CNN, BBC Predict The Future Of MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.