Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

"MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph (64319 Views)

MMM Participant Breaks Silence After Loosing N3million To Scheme / MMM Participant Accused Of Duping Fellow Member He Was Matched With (Photo) / Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by DonBenny77(m): 12:18pm On Dec 15, 2016
fratermathy:
It is well!

MMM has become a scourge in this nation. A plague that must be healed!

When you tell them the truth about this, they'll say "is it your money?" or "why take panadol for our headache?"

Now that this one has died, those advising him will be the ones to mourn and bury him.

MMM is evil! No educated person should partake.

I lost respect for all those I held in high esteem once I found out that they participated in MMM.

I dont feel pity for this one at all.

By January, more will go...

you are a cow like your president

1 Like

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Caseless: 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2016
danowena:

Whoever wrote this trash does not even know what MMM is about. Who told the writer that participants cash out at banks? Just trying to make sensation with meaningless news. Please try to do a bit of research before writing. Rubbish. angry
grin grin grin
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by sirOrubebe: 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
Girlbestfriend:

what's the difference BTW MMM global and MMM united??
I have got no idea -- I really don't know much about MMM United
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by fratermathy(m): 12:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
DonBenny77:

you are a cow like your president

1 Like

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by igwegeorgiano(m): 12:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
danowena:

Whoever wrote this trash does not even know what MMM is about. Who told the writer that participants cash out at banks? Just trying to make sensation with meaningless news. Please try to do a bit of research before writing. Rubbish. angry
another sponsored lies from d stable of the federal govt of nigeria. By God's grace MMM will surely outlive it haters.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by nothernstar: 12:36pm On Dec 15, 2016
Idonbelivit unless you give full id of the victim. Rumour and fake info minister second liar Mohameds
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by donj84: 1:04pm On Dec 15, 2016
dipoolowoo:
At least one person was feared dead while several others were wounded in a stampede at various banks in Warri, Delta State, after the promoters of the popular Mavrodi Mundial Moneybox (MMM) suspended the accounts of about 3.3 million Nigerian participants.

It was learnt that the participants in the Ponzi scheme, who heard about the announcement yesterday, rushed to their banks to verify. Investigation shows that in one of the busiest banks in Warri metropolis, an elderly man, who was expected to cash N1.5 million slumped and died when he could not cash the money.

Two other persons, who slumped in the same manner, were quickly revived by sympathisers. Scores of others sustained serious injuries as they rushed to get their hard earn money.

Bank officials refused to speak on the issue. Meanwhile, bandits were cashing in on the confusion and rowdy situation to extort money and rob customers who have continued to besiege banks.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/mmm-participant-slumps-dies-bank/

with all due respect,you so dumb about the activities of MMM, who told you they pay at the bank...abeg nor the embarass yourself with stories...if you looking for traffic,don't use MMM because we too organise to follow bullshit stories like this.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by 0gbeni(m): 1:08pm On Dec 15, 2016
sirOrubebe:
This is from a newsletter:

Around September last year, I was introduced into MMM Global (Note, Not MMM Nigeria).

It promised 100% returns after 30 days. I spent some time researchign about this money-doubling scheme and i found out it was a clasic ponzi scheme.

Well, I saw people earning cash and i knew it would crash sometime. But i decided to join anyway.

Why?

I knew the 100% was worth the risk.

I finally provided help of around N200k in October.

After 30 days, i withdrew everything because i felt it was too good to be true.

We used bitcoins then in MMM Global.

After about a day, i had successfully converted the bitcoins to cash and found i had 442,000. I was amazed!

I did what any smart person would do.

I made a rough calculation on when this system will eventually come crashing down. By my calculations, it was by January 2016.

So i reinvested the N300k into the system, after 30 days i got N600k.

Man i was on a roll!

I was tempted to invest the whole 600k the following month but i was too smart to make a rookie mistake. I fought off the temptations and kept 500k to myself and invested back just N100k.

That month MMM Global crashed.

Not like they crashed immediately but it all started in December when we saw a message on the website after you login that they had to do some system upgrade and clear out fake accounts.

I knew that spelt nothing but doom but i was glad i was smart enough to not have invested all i had earned.

MMM global finally crashed by February this year after we kept hoping for two months that they would come back.

I remember telling my friend who was on MMM South Africa then that if this were to come into Nigeria, it will pick up like wild fire.

I commended my friend for sticking to MMM South africa, but for me i knew that just a 30% return was not worth the risks of a classic ponzi scheme.

The craze started in Nigeria soon enough and like i predicted. It spread like wild fire.

I had friends calling me if i knew about MMM and all i could give them was advice.

I warned them that they could partake but they should be smart about it and not fall for the greed.

Invest, take your capital back with some profits as soon as you can.

Again, I predicted to them that the system will not last December.

Those who listened. Listened.

Those who didn't are in panic right now.

I heard MMM brought out a message that accounts are being frozen for 30 days.

Classic December move. When i heard it i remembered MMM Global last year. I also remembered how MMM South africa crashed too.

Same method, Different excuses.

The truth about MMM Nigeria is that i am sure about 95% that it has already crashed.

Why?

MMM made a mistake by announcing the freezing of accounts at a critical time like this.

Did they not know it will cause panic?

So even if they plan on actually returning back in January, With all these panic caused do you think anyone will want to invest? All anyone would be concerned about is withdrawing their cash out.

MMM is such a ponzi scheme that "Robs peter to pay paul". There are people that sure benefitted. (heck, i did benefit from the global last year) But the truth is when it comes crashing down. More people lose than benefit.

One of the reasons MMM spread like wild fire was accentuated by the fact that the country is riddled with this recession.

People ran to MMM to seek solace and quick cash.

People were desperate.
how did u calculate when it was going to crash?
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Wizteaser: 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2016
fratermathy:
It is well!

When you tell them the truth about this, they'll say "is it your money?" or "why take panadol for our headache?"

Now that this one has died, those advising him will be the ones to mourn and bury him.

I lost respect for all those I held in high esteem once I found out that they participated in MMM.

what truth do you know about MMM. let us be, take your frustrated respect and give it to the dogs for your information I just provided help of 100k and I won't beg you for food. #mymoneymyrisk.

1 Like

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by mickypi: 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2016
My pain is all this pple wey carry MMM for head re not even part of MMM. Guiders and participant are not even panicking... Black man with black heart. Watin concern u with my money or is ur missing

1 Like

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by SIRJENTLE: 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
fratermathy:
It is well!

my dear.......
you do not understand what MMM is all about and his it works.
how can you believe that cheap story that participants went to bank to cash their money?
did the participant keep his/her money in the bank?
before you go to bank to cash out money from MMM you should know the procedure.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Jexyme(f): 1:47pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hope it will pain you to know that MMM didn't crash.....you're hereby referred to the nearest transformer to hug.....

My neighbor just got paid, about 250k from two different people.

2 Likes

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by famzynet: 1:50pm On Dec 15, 2016
People die everyday because APC brought Buhari who is highly incapable to rule Nigeria. They have filled us with lies all these while. Now APC has MMM as excuse for daily death of hunger and frustration., MMM did not kill anyone. Buhari is the one killing Nigerians.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by restored2016(m): 1:51pm On Dec 15, 2016
danowena:

,please who is writing this rubbish, why is the media so bent in destroying MMM before its time. bit they will be disappointed big time, i just PH to enjoy the Christmas bonus.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by famzynet: 1:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
I thought they said MMM crash? My neighbour was paid 96k this morning on MMM and another neighbour said she paid in 150 k to someone's account yesterday. I don't do MMM but I foresee this MMM thing getting stronger next year. Me I go join then ooooo!
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by bush4ker(m): 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
fratermathy:
It is well!

so you believed this story?nawa o
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by fratermathy(m): 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2016
Wizteaser:
what truth do you know about MMM. let us be, take your frustrated respect and give it to the dogs for your information I just provided help of 100k and I won't beg you for food. #mymoneymyrisk.

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by nonjebose(m): 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2016
Mr Dipoolowo and the mod that posted this trash need to be trashed. What can kind of misinformation and lies is this? Freezing of MMM accounts is not the same thing as freezing of bank accounts. Nairaland is becoming very disappointing.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by zurine(f): 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2016
[s]
dipoolowoo:
At least one person was feared dead while several others were wounded in a stampede at various banks in Warri, Delta State, after the promoters of the popular Mavrodi Mundial Moneybox (MMM) suspended the accounts of about 3.3 million Nigerian participants.

It was learnt that the participants in the Ponzi scheme, who heard about the announcement yesterday, rushed to their banks to verify. Investigation shows that in one of the busiest banks in Warri metropolis, an elderly man, who was expected to cash N1.5 million slumped and died when he could not cash the money.

Two other persons, who slumped in the same manner, were quickly revived by sympathisers. Scores of others sustained serious injuries as they rushed to get their hard earn money.

Bank officials refused to speak on the issue. Meanwhile, bandits were cashing in on the confusion and rowdy situation to extort money and rob customers who have continued to besiege banks.

[/s]

This is complete thrash
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by kessler53(m): 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
danowena:

MMM has a lot of their participants on nairaland
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by InvertedHammer: 2:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
geniejoel:
Mumu post, wetin the mmm participant dey go cash out for bank?

/
When you are matched, do they bring the money to your house?

\
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by hero2000: 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2016
iykedare:
Wow. Pity. I don't do MMM but I pity those who lost their money in the scheme. I pray it hasn't packed up tho it looks like it has. This was the way MMM South Africa ended. In their case, they rebooted the program.

My pity goes out to those Nigerians who are unfortunate to get jobs but had to resort to MMM to pay bills. The government is partly to be blamed. If there were jobs ,most people wouldn't participate in it.

Your comment blaming govt for people participating in MMM is like that of view of arrested kidnappers who say the committed the crimes because of unemployment. Are they the only unemployed folks,?
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by sunnyt1(m): 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2016
this is one of the most embarassingly stuupid post eva seen since stones were created, an mmm participant rushed to the bank to collect his money wen he heard of the news,

this is shameful, hw do u write on sometin u knw nothing, absolutely nothing abt,

i dnt knw wat to say
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2016
dipoolowoo:

Good for them
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Desword(m): 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
grin

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by emerich(m): 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
famzynet:
I thought they said MMM crash? My neighbour was paid 96k this morning on MMM and another neighbour said she paid in 150 k to someone's account yesterday. I don't do MMM but I foresee this MMM thing getting stronger next year. Me I go join then ooooo!
Someone paid me #74,000 MMM is still as strong as ever, those who believed in it's ideology are keying in despite the pandemonium and panic, cause they know it would get better come January and would cash out big time. The rich take risk and are millionaires, while the faint hearted would be enslaved by them, those matched to pay me peanuts all chickened out, about 10 of them. MMM pays, together we rule our world, MMM was there for me when even my most trusted family and friends backed down. Would forever be greatful to this great scheme that has put food on my table and gave me part of my rent with just a little initial capital, 3 months after my NYSC scheme. God bless you Mavrodi for your ingenuity. We should keep faith.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by emerich(m): 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2016
Jexyme:
Hope it will pain you to know that MMM didn't crash.....you're hereby referred to the nearest transformer to hug.....

My neighbor just got paid, about 250k from two different people.

Likewise my self, a guy called to inform me he was going to transfer a certain amount into my account at night and was even encouraging me not to panic or entertain any sort of fear, and true to his words, he paid, MMM is still very much functional, just a test of our patience and loyalty, #ISTANDWITHMMM.

1 Like

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by shadeyinka(m): 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
sirOrubebe:
This is from a newsletter:

Around September last year, I was introduced into MMM Global (Note, Not MMM Nigeria).

It promised 100% returns after 30 days. I spent some time researchign about this money-doubling scheme and i found out it was a clasic ponzi scheme.

Well, I saw people earning cash and i knew it would crash sometime. But i decided to join anyway.

Why?

I knew the 100% was worth the risk.

I finally provided help of around N200k in October.

After 30 days, i withdrew everything because i felt it was too good to be true.

We used bitcoins then in MMM Global.

After about a day, i had successfully converted the bitcoins to cash and found i had 442,000. I was amazed!

I did what any smart person would do.

I made a rough calculation on when this system will eventually come crashing down. By my calculations, it was by January 2016.

So i reinvested the N300k into the system, after 30 days i got N600k.

Man i was on a roll!

I was tempted to invest the whole 600k the following month but i was too smart to make a rookie mistake. I fought off the temptations and kept 500k to myself and invested back just N100k.

That month MMM Global crashed.

Not like they crashed immediately but it all started in December when we saw a message on the website after you login that they had to do some system upgrade and clear out fake accounts.

I knew that spelt nothing but doom but i was glad i was smart enough to not have invested all i had earned.

MMM global finally crashed by February this year after we kept hoping for two months that they would come back.

I remember telling my friend who was on MMM South Africa then that if this were to come into Nigeria, it will pick up like wild fire.

I commended my friend for sticking to MMM South africa, but for me i knew that just a 30% return was not worth the risks of a classic ponzi scheme.

The craze started in Nigeria soon enough and like i predicted. It spread like wild fire.

I had friends calling me if i knew about MMM and all i could give them was advice.

I warned them that they could partake but they should be smart about it and not fall for the greed.

Invest, take your capital back with some profits as soon as you can.

Again, I predicted to them that the system will not last December.

Those who listened. Listened.

Those who didn't are in panic right now.

I heard MMM brought out a message that accounts are being frozen for 30 days.

Classic December move. When i heard it i remembered MMM Global last year. I also remembered how MMM South africa crashed too.

Same method, Different excuses.

The truth about MMM Nigeria is that i am sure about 95% that it has already crashed.

Why?

MMM made a mistake by announcing the freezing of accounts at a critical time like this.

Did they not know it will cause panic?

So even if they plan on actually returning back in January, With all these panic caused do you think anyone will want to invest? All anyone would be concerned about is withdrawing their cash out.

MMM is such a ponzi scheme that "Robs peter to pay paul". There are people that sure benefitted. (heck, i did benefit from the global last year) But the truth is when it comes crashing down. More people lose than benefit.

One of the reasons MMM spread like wild fire was accentuated by the fact that the country is riddled with this recession.

People ran to MMM to seek solace and quick cash.

People were desperate.

Excellent analysis!
..greed will not allow normally intelligent people to see reason. The basic question I asked would be investor about MMM was, what were they selling?

Greed would not allow many to answer truthfully the question.

There are people that sure benefitted. (heck, i did benefit from the global last year) But the truth is when it comes crashing down. More people lose than benefit.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Period007(m): 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2016
Nairaland has outlived it importance.,.... cooking up stories every moment.
long life MMM
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Period007(m): 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
danowena:

This post has gotten one of the highest likes this month #westandwithMMM
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by madjune(m): 5:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
Some folks keep blaming others who partook in this MMM scheme.

I dont understand it.
Though I didn't participate but I can't blame any Nigerian that did.
How can I when when the graduate can't get a decent job over 6yrs upon graduation?
How can I when a father has 5 children in school And earns 50k which isn't steady?

How can I when a pretty jobless lady needs to maintain herself and can't submit to prostitution?

How can I when the artisan lives in tips with food prices skyrocketing?

How can I when the tenant with 50k salary looks at his 150k rent in December?

Do I want them to steal? No.

Do I want them to take advantage of positive situations to better their lives? Yes.

I don't blame any MMM person pls.

Na Naija cause am.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Wizteaser: 7:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
fratermathy:
Thank God you know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chuddy Ugorji Got New SUV From MMM Guiders As Wedding Gift / MMM Nigeria Freezes Out Mavrodians / CNN, BBC Predict The Future Of MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.