Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow (30639 Views)

Thinking Of Getting A Tattoo? See What The Bible And Quran Says About It / The Bible Says: The Earth Is Flat! / What The Quran Says About Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 4:30pm On Nov 23, 2009
I like your answer.

But let me ask you this -

what if Allah had said "accept the affidavit as truth"? That is the question here, because I'm not asking you if the affidavit is real. Did Allah know the "affidavit" would be edited/forged? If He knew, why did He tell you that you should accept it? If the reason He said so was because He didn't know, then is He what you claim He is?

This is a very straight forward question and I know you are intelligent enough to understand me perfectly clearly. The problem here is, do you believe me stupid enough to allow diversion of the question to what I'm not asking you?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by mavenbox: 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2009
@nuclearboy: Are some intermediate posts here missing or what? Nice questions by the way. I look forward to the answers.
[sits down, starts munching popcorn and sipping some soda]
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 24, 2009
Mohamed suggested fever is coming from the heat of hell and also said the sun goes to ask for permission from Allah which means the sun moves.  Mohamed also said according to Bukhari that the earth is held together by heavy mountains. CRAP CRAPPY CRAP.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 3:45am On Nov 24, 2009
Pastor forgot that Baale is always a ruler of a Village! Ibadan in a poem written in English about her was referred as a Village. And no Ibadan indigenes corrected the Poet!

The Yorubas have their history tied to Arabs, the Middle East and for PastorAIO to deny or rather say if am an Arab, is almost and very similar to ask an Ashkeneze (My spelling my be wrong) Jew if he is Israelite or rather the Falashia of Ethiopia are children of Israel!

For Pastor and Nuclearboy, the Earth is shaped like an egg. Then lets pick up Ostrich egg because this seems to be your problems! It is obvious from the history of the makkans that they have been trading with Ethiopians long before Muhammad (AS). We do know that they do not always have to travel through the water of Gulf of Eden, but land. Moses travelled between Egypt and the greater middle east on Land. Before him, Jacob and his family. before that Joseph as a slave. Before that Ibrahim (AS). And before Muhammad Jesus and his mother and step fathr!

With these above, one will have to be naive that the Arabs are not away of ostrich and her egg, or egg in the general sense! If Ostrich egg was therefore mentioned and picked to illustarte what the earth is shaped like, is this not a fact now, and a miracle then when Muhammad (AS) said it? The issue of carpet is a completely different thing.

Carpet covers the surface. Thats what carpet is and whoever has one can see that when you roll it it moves away as it is spread! I dont understand you people! A person who wants to make a point should be able to cover the bases!

When Allah says that the Muslims should believe in what was revealed before Quran, it was meant to mean believe in the authentic Book that was available when Moses was alive, and or what was with Jesus before he was lifted up. What happened with their Books after these noble men were no longer within their community, Allah knows and the noble men are not responsible! Allah says I will be Guardian/Protector of the Quran, but He did not say the same about the previous Books. The essence of these Books are all in the Quran! If there was no Taurah and Musa (AS) would have been Isa bin Maryam and Injil? The Only One Who Knows is their Creator, Allah! But we now know that the sequence of event ended up with Muhammad (AS) and Quran.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 3:47am On Nov 24, 2009
@9jaganja: « #102 on: Today at 01:19:17 AM »
Mohamed suggested fever is coming from the heat of hell and also said the sun goes to ask for permission from Allah which means the sun moves. Mohamed also said according to Bukhari that the earth is held together by heavy mountains. CRAP CRAPPY CRAP.
this man just woke from the effect. We have discussed the above many times already.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 4:43am On Nov 24, 2009
@PastorAIO: I think you should research what Ibadan is, ala Yoruba traditional township, vis a vis the Oba and the village's Bale cultural Title!

This republican ethic is elastic, and its elasticity is a source of great indignation among many
indigenes who count themselves as meriting special consideration on the basis of birth, as the
scholar Ruth Watson found out while researching her book, Civil Disorder is the Disease of
Ibadan. Yet this is what distinguishes Ibadan from any other Nigerian city – its corporate image as
a traditional city-village with unimpeachable cosmopolitan credentials.
The Yoruba compound,
according to the architect David Aradeon, is a spatial distillation of the practice of tolerance, and
Ibadan offers a fascinating example of this hypothesis.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 4:52am On Nov 24, 2009
@PastorAIO: If you wish to know about the story of the Yorubas relating to Arabs, I will point you to the right direction after you tackle Ibadan issue.

Ibadan, Soutin and the Puzzle of Bower’s Tower 1
(for Taiwo ‘Tarifomah’ Fatoki, in memoriam)
Akin Adesokan

www.africancitiesreader.org.za/reader/chapters/07_AA.pdf -
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 5:27am On Nov 24, 2009
Why are people so unfortunate and moronic when it comes to history? How can we be related to the Arabs when we've been existing long before them? Have you all lost your senses of self or something? It's the dream of the Mumu Yoruba Muslims to become a part of the Arabs that gave birth to the notion of Yorubas being related to the Arabs. If Africans has been existing long before the Arabs or Semites why don't they come from us instead of us from them? Oh because they have Allah? We have Osun, Sango, Obatala Obatata, Orumila, Ogun, Ifa, the list goes on and on. How in the hell are we related to Arabs? Gene? obviously not. What else does you unfortunate  Almajiri wannabes have to relate to the Arabs?

If a delusional poet wrote something, does that mean it's true? If poems are true, then I should believe the tortoise story. Negro please!!!! Y'all got identity issues. We are the Yoruba people from West Africa nothing more nothing less idiots we aren't Arabs!!!

The worst is this so called Arabs started slavery and institutionalized it with the Quran and Islam. They still don't like any dark skin people and their own racism is made open. Yet some negro thinks he's related to a psycho from the 7th century AD. Soon they'll say Mohamed is a Yoruba right?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 7:31am On Nov 24, 2009
@Olabowale : Egg shaped, Ostrich Shaped, Rectangular, even insanity shaped etc means nothing at all to me. All writers use their understanding to put down what comes from inside them. Nostradamus called Hitler "HISTER" and wrote of "flying Iron" (planes). If you like, say Allah called the earth the shape of my Nose, thats how the writer understood it and I don't blame him. And this thread is not about Ibadan and the Yoruba!

No-one has answered my question and Olabowale has travelled around the world like 8 times in his long winded stories that have nothing to do with what I asked which was "Why did Allah say "follow the scriptures that came before".

Abuzola, I like that you're trying to stay within our scope which shows a good mental capability and respect for my feelings. Thank you. You have written above that at the time of Muhammad, the Bible had "just a little bit of discrepancy". Ok. That means "Jesus" worshippers changed the rest later! Fine!

[1] Why did Allah ask YOU to accept that little discrepancy you said there was?

[2] At least you'll agree He knew about it since it was in front of Him at the time or do you think He missed realizing it?

[3] God(?) asked you accept a little lie

[4] Why little?

[5] What was the unit of measurement that made that "little" manageable for Allah?

[6] Did He know that later, Nuclearboy, Daviddylan and the rest of "wicked christianity" would corrupt the Bible to the extent we have done now? A simple YES or NO would suffice me as answer here!!!

[7] If He didn't know my black Naija bottom would spoil the Bible, is He God?

[8] If He knew, why did He say you should follow those scriptures?

[9] Which also leads to if He knew, why are you not obeying Him?

Questions 2, 3, 6 and 7 require only YES or NO as answers. You could explain the others according to your own understanding. Chairman Olabowale and other Honorable Muslims, people (wicked xtians as you call them) here have said you guys use distraction, threats etc to derail issues. I adjure you in the name of the God you believe in, Allah, to not distract us here. Do not respect Nuclearboy but please remember I beg you in the name of Allah to please honestly answer these questions in as simple a way as possible. Your fear, love and respect for Him should easily keep you in check.

None of us here speaks "EEQSZXWMI" so please don't answer in that language. And please, using Allah's name again, I plead for your mercy - NO insults. Lets be mature here

Thank you. I hope I get an answer before I have to go to work
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by usisky(m): 8:44am On Nov 24, 2009
@everyone on this thread. a challenge u to visit the following thread and seek the truth all ya have been yanking about.
"reassessing our faiths". yeah! that the name. abuzola invited, pilgrim.1 invited, vairo invited, in fact all are invited.
i am a muslim, but not the usual one most of u know. i also read the other scripures(bible, torah, vedas and geetas) too.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2009
Good for you, USISKY, that you've read all there is under Heaven but what is the link to the thread you mention? No link here!!!  angry Please do not distract us, abi you didn't read the plea made above?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nezan(m): 11:08am On Nov 24, 2009
Reading wide is not equivalent to knowing the truth.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by PastorAIO: 11:28am On Nov 24, 2009
nuclearboy:
And this thread is not about Ibadan and the Yoruba!

No-one has answered my question and Olabowale has travelled around the world like 8 times in his long winded stories that have nothing to do with what I asked which was "Why did Allah say "follow the scriptures that came before".

So right, this thread is not about Ibadan or yoruba so so as not to encourage this red herring that he wants to use to escape I will not respond to any of the nonsense he's written about yoruba and arabs, or Ibadan.
Please Alhaji Olabowale could you address the questions that nuclear boy has been asking.

I also just want to add that by the time that Mohammed (wrote/received/whatever) the quran the bible had already been canonized and the actually books within the bible hadn't changed much since then till the present day. So if the bible of Mohammed's time was acceptable then the same bible must be acceptable today.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 2:59pm On Nov 24, 2009
@9jaganja: I am sure that you dont know the history of the Yorubas! You probably believe Lamurudu coming down on a chain from heaven to the earth he created! But reality is different from all the fantasies you believe in! I have met many arabs who fit the looks of my older brothers! But of course am an Ijebu Ode man, so my yoruba history may be different from yours! I however advise that you do your own research if you can lay off long enough.

@Nuclearboy and PastorAIO: « #112 on: Today at 11:28:51 AM »
Quote from: nuclearboy on Today at 07:31:10 AM
And this thread is not about Ibadan and the Yoruba!
Correct! But you guys must realise the truth. No? I used the classification of Ibadan (eba odan), as an example, in the traditional Yoruba culture of city, town and village classification, on one hand, though a city by all measures of what the western civilization use in calibrating city on the other. Pastor should know that if he needs to lecture anyone about the history of Yorubas, what he can lecture me in are Ogbonis, which I dont wanna know about though I have intimate knowledge of their stupidity having had Chief Michael Adekunle Ajasin as my Headmaster in my days (go research it out, Pastor, my high school boys hostel was next to their Lodge House), Ifa and all the animist and disbelieving traditions, since I am a believer!

Yorubas are story tellers! I am an authentic Yoruba man. While you guys call yourself Ganga, Nuclear, Pastor, I am Olabowale! We now know who is the fake Yorubas; Oruko ma nro ni!

To answer again, Nuclearboy (he reminds me of the balloonboy of Colorado since am long winded), Allah says believe in what came before Muhammad (AS) which means believe in those authentic words and verses showing God as One Supreme and the previous receivers (Jesus, Moses, etc, all Messengers and or prophets (AS)) as creations! Rejecting the untrue of Trinity a silly idea that God the Almighty have to degrade Himself to save mankind, when He can simply say "I forgive you," and is there a need to kill Himself through the hands of ragtag bandits of Jews before he show us Mercy, Power, Forgiveness, etc? Men, you may do better if you change your names to authentic Nigerian names, instead of Ganja, Pastor, Nuclear!

And there were times (Torah during Musa (AS), Sabur during Daud (AS), Injil during Isa (AS)) that the individual Books were correct, authentic and uncorrupted. Musa would have killed them or asked for their destructions, if they had dared to corrupt his Book in his lifetime. No? Pastor, tell me who got punished and how he or they were punished for the goldencalf? Remember you are pastor, so I expect a good effort from you, unless if you are not a true Christian. I will excuse Nuclearboy and 9jaganja for their improvisations having no real essence of Christianity, considering one says he is "ganja". None of you can say that the Injil remain as Jesus revealed it. Pastor, can you in straight face say so, and let me use Catholic's Douwy to attack your assertion comparing it to the Protestant's KJV , or NKJV, and many many others!

So right, this thread is not about Ibadan or yoruba so so as not to encourage this red herring that he wants to use to escape I will not respond to any of the nonsense he's written about yoruba and arabs, or Ibadan.
Please Alhaji Olabowale could you address the questions that nuclear boy has been asking.
I hear you Pastor! If you know enough about Yorubas, your opinion will not be what it is. I know what am talking about. You know about Ifa, Opele, etc because these are your interests. Islam will not allow me to learn about them, so what I know about my culture is what am saying! What is nonsense to you is true history of the Yorubas. Ibadan people know that she is the seat of Yoruba Politics, yet still a village. And I know that the Yorubas came from the Middle east, reason for many of the idolatry! The present Oba of Lagos was asked about he being a muslim yet participated in Ifa during his choice and coronation by African Abroad weekly periodical in New York. This was many years ago with a reply from the Oba that "the Makkan arab disbelievers use Ifa Oracle, too to locate where the Prophet (AS) was hiding during Hijr, except Allah the Almighty protected His Prophet (AS) from their evils!" I was disappointed at the Oba, for a muslim will choose a way of disbeliever throws the person out of belief! Go do some research, pastor since you are "almost" (lol) ifa priest!

I also just want to add that by the time that Mohammed (wrote/received/whatever) the quran the bible had already been canonized and the actually books within the bible hadn't changed much since then till the present day. So if the bible of Mohammed's time was acceptable then the same bible must be acceptable today.Pastor and Nuclearboy:
Canonization that is different from what the receivers (Musa, Isa (AS)) received and what the preachers (Jesus, Moses) preached to their audiences. You disqualified your own argument about the Bible by saying "the bible hadn't changed much, day". The pastor does not know what he is saying any longer. Quran is not Ifa and or the Bible! The Quran says in the time of the Prophet (Check the pages of the Quran) as it was revealed on him that the Books were already corrupted, and the Bible was not even dignified with a mention, because no God revealed the Bible. Pastor, I hate to respond to you this way because I am still trying to know if you are from Owo, the home of my mother's bloodlines; the olowo and the Ojomo.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 3:26pm On Nov 24, 2009
@Nuclearboy:
1]. 5.46 says Jesus confirmed the truth and brought a true confirmed "GOSPEL" (defined as good news). That truth as expressed by the Bible is that "He is the truth, the way and the life". Why do you disagree with what your own Book says you should agree with? Does this make sense? Do you truly believe in the Quran? Then accept what it says!
Is Gospel not different from the Bible? Yes because The Gospel is what Jesus (authentic words from him if you can collect it), and Bible contains OT, NT. Some of your reasoning is not meritous to the over 40 that you claimed.

2]. Again, 5:48 in your book says Mohammad confirmed "THE SCRIPTURES" that came before! When you now say those Scriptures are wrong and have been changed, are you saying Allah did not know the future that the reference He asked you to follow and that HE CONFIRMED and then again said MUHAMMAD CONFIRMED would be wrong? If He did know the future, why did He ask you to make THOSE SAME "WRONG" SCRIPTURES your instruction guide when in doubt? Its one or the other - He knew the scriptures were right and you are wrong. Or Allah didn't know the future and YOU are right! Which one is wrong? Allah or you?The Scriptures are Torah, Sabur, Suhufi Ibrahima wa Musa, Injil! Where is the Bible in all of these? The confirmation of the scriptures, if you care to learn is in the Quran, and it does not include the lies of Trinity, instead Trinity which your Bible has no gut to include in its own pages is disproved by many verses, and mentioned by name. There is no acceptance of humans being children of God! There are many more fake statements in the Bible that were not in the Original Scriptures and not see the light of day in the Quran! I leave Nuclearboy in his disbelieving ignorance with this statement; There was a time that the Torah did not exist. Then there was a time that the Torah was freshly revealed to Moses. At that time when it was fresh out of the Press, it was 100% pure, since Moses was there to recite it to him people. This is the Time that the Scripture in time that Muhammad was told to confirm as authentic! And not when the scribes developed their own ideas after Moses was already long gone. Use the same methodology to argue against the today's Gospel since we have Acts of Apostles, all kinds of Epistles, and others (lol) all of them now make NT! The bible was not revealed anyway!
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 3:32pm On Nov 24, 2009
[Quote] 2]. Again, 5:48 in your book says Mohammad confirmed "THE SCRIPTURES" that came before! When you now say those Scriptures are wrong and have been changed, are you saying Allah did not know the future that the reference He asked you to follow and that HE CONFIRMED and then again said MUHAMMAD CONFIRMED would be wrong? If He did know the future, why did He ask you to make THOSE SAME "WRONG" SCRIPTURES your instruction guide when in doubt? Its one or the other - He knew the scriptures were right and you are wrong. Or Allah didn't know the future and YOU are right! Which one is wrong? Allah or you?[/quote]The Scriptures are Torah, Sabur, Suhufi Ibrahima wa Musa, Injil! Where is the Bible in all of these? The confirmation of the scriptures, if you care to learn is in the Quran, and it does not include the lies of Trinity, instead Trinity which your Bible has no gut to include in its own pages is disproved by many verses, and mentioned by name. There is no acceptance of humans being children of God! There are many more fake statements in the Bible that were not in the Original Scriptures and not see the light of day in the Quran!

I leave Nuclearboy in his disbelieving ignorance with this statement; There was a time that the Torah did not exist. Then there was a time that the Torah was freshly revealed to Moses. At that time when it was fresh out of the Press, it was 100% pure, since Moses was there to recite it to him people. This is the Time that the Scripture in time that Muhammad was told to confirm as authentic! And not when the scribes developed their own ideas after Moses was already long gone. Use the same methodology to argue against the today's Gospel since we have Acts of Apostles, all kinds of Epistles, and others (lol) all of them now make NT! The bible was not revealed anyway!
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2009
@Olabowale:

I came before you asking in the name of your Allah to be truthful. I pleaded for no insults in that same name! I adjured that you keep within the confines of the questions asked, also using the name of Allah as your guide. I asked also that you leave Yoruba out of this! Your response?

[1] 4 long paragraphs on the Yoruba including reference "also" to Ogbonis, Lamurudu and his 1st cousins who are arabs and look more like him than yorubas

[2] In response to not telling stories, he defended himself by saying his forefathers are story-tellers. For your information, Sir, they also rode horses and lived in Huts. Do you?

[3] He has taken this into the realm of insult by positing that a person he does not know has no real essence of Christianity.And now my age has become an issue. Sorry, Allah will fight those who turned you into this raving xter

Three times, I asked you to respect your God! Three times, you insulted Him. If the fear of Allah cannot keep gutter language, violence and a need to win a lie from you, what can anyone do Me, I'll ignore that you're here till you make sense

@Abuzola, thanks for your civility. I think the problem is that people insult your religion so you react by doing the same. Leave them to it please and remain a gentleman. Your response is that its more complicated than YES or NO! Ok! Someone told me that Sura 3:45 talks of Mary conceiving by the Word of God and not because a man slept with her. If the Word of God says Kun fa ya Kun (be, so it be) and that Word becomes a baby in a woman, please tell me who the father of that baby is?

In my christian brain, the possible options are [1] A man [2] God [3] An Angel [4] Satan or one of his demons [5] Oro Igi [6] no father.

Let me treat these shortly before you answer. [1] If a man, then the Koran lied (God forbid, abi?) [2] If God, both you and the Koran and Allah lied (God triple forbid, abi) [3] An angel - if this, why did Allah say the conceiving was of His own word [4] If Satan, why did Allah say it was of Himself [5] Oro Igi - if an Iroko spirit, why "again" does the Koran say it was Allah's work. [6] No Father -Wow, if Jesus could have no father, then He could also have any father.

I'm waiting and please remember, you didn't answer any of the 9 questions I asked earlier. However, you're still here which means you have the spirit and heart of a man
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2009
nuclear boy is so funny that I didn't know when I said "Subhannallah" aloud.

Abuzola, I like that you're trying to stay within our scope which shows a good mental capability and respect for my feelings. Thank you. You have written above that at the time of Muhammad, the Bible had "just a little bit of discrepancy". Ok. That means "Jesus" worshippers changed the rest later! Fine!
Abuzola says your Bible is not 100%, you said okay and remain blind to the fact that a single discrepancy nullies it as it coming in that less than 100% purity from God the perfect! You have no shame and shouldnt you be thinking about the impurity and know that anything impure cant come from Allah? Shish. You almost want me want to break into Yiddish strict Lingo.

[1] Why did Allah ask YOU to accept that little discrepancy you said there was?
What is acceptable is already in the Quran and not your less than perfect Bible, even at 99.999%. It is not acceptable.

[2] At least you'll agree He knew about it since it was in front of Him at the time or do you think He missed realizing it?
Above answer applies.

[3] God(?) asked you accept a little lie
Even though you are behaving like Dick Cheney who repeated lies enough that he believed it to be true, forcing others to accept it, we in Islam already stood against your opinion, Nuclearboy. Anything less 100% is not in Quran and is not accepted by Allah and no Muslim was forced to accept it!

[4] Why little?
[5] What was the unit of measurement that made that "little" manageable for Allah?
[6] Did He know that later, Nuclearboy, Daviddylan and the rest of "wicked christianity" would corrupt the Bible to the extent we have done now? A simple YES or NO would suffice me as answer here!!!
[7] If He didn't know my black Naija bottom would spoil the Bible, is He God?
[8] If He knew, why did He say you should follow those scriptures?
[9] Which also leads to if He knew, why are you not obeying Him?
Nuclearboy is thinking like 9jaganja! Lay off the product for a moment!

Questions 2, 3, 6 and 7 require only YES or NO as answers. You could explain the others according to your own understanding. Chairman Olabowale and other Honorable Muslims, people (wicked xtians as you call them) here have said you guys use distraction, threats etc to derail issues. I adjure you in the name of the God you believe in, Allah, to not distract us here. Do not respect Nuclearboy but please remember I beg you in the name of Allah to please honestly answer these questions in as simple a way as possible. Your fear, love and respect for Him should easily keep you in check.
We hear you. We already know whats right. There is no place where Bible is mentioned in the Quran, so your scriptures to Muslim does not contain the Bible, but only authentic Torah, Sabur, Suhuf Ibrahim (AS) and Injil are in there and not your lies of Bible, Gospels with Acts, Epistles, etc!

None of us here speaks "EEQSZXWMI" so please don't answer in that language. And please, using Allah's name again, I plead for your mercy - NO insults. Lets be mature here
Thats Nuclear language. Maybe Kukuye language.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2009
@Nuclearboy: « #117 on: Today at 03:42:17 PM »
@Olabowale:
I came before you asking in the name of your Allah to be truthful. I pleaded for no insults in that same name! I adjured that you keep within the confines of the questions asked, also using the name of Allah as your guide. I asked also that you leave Yoruba out of this! Your response?
Do you now control me from responding to the pastor or any others because you are on a thread? I think to hold such a position is naive and grandstanding.

[1] 4 long paragraphs on the Yoruba including reference "also" to Ogbonis, Lamurudu and his 1st cousins who are arabs and look more like him than yorubas
[2] In response to not telling stories, he defended himself by saying his forefathers are story-tellers. For your information, Sir, they also rode horses and lived in Huts. Do you?
Are you for real? I said am a yoruba. I am a story teller. I never mentioned my forefathers, and if I did, please show me. I could ride horse because it is fashionable, and its still done all over the world, for show and transport in some not automobile friendly terrains. And huts could be chales (french word, hope am correct). But then if you went to some resorts, hut type structures are the rave.

[3] He has taken this into the realm of insult by positing that a person he does not know has no real essence of Christianity.And now my age has become an issue. Sorry, Allah will fight those who turned you into this raving xter
Let me ask you; when you guys are saying things about Islam, without any proofs, what do you expect me to say about your saying God is 1 on one hand and 3 of Trinity on the other hand! Now tell me if there is a possibility that 1 and 3 are the same? Its you my man who says you are over 40 and after 40, one should be very matured and speak the truth. Please keep your dua which means diddlie.

Three times, I asked you to respect your God! Three times, you insulted Him. If the fear of Allah cannot keep gutter language, violence and a need to win a lie from you, what can anyone do Me, I'll ignore that you're here till you make sense
Where did I insult my Creator? You think am a disbeliever like you, having no respect of God, saying ordinary Angel and ordinary messengers are His partners or Him? Please lay off the silliness. Whats gutter about my statement to Pastor? Where is the violence and the lie? Please let me hear words.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 12:15am On Nov 25, 2009
Abuzola, I'd love to continue but there's too much noise here and this deliberate derailing does not help matters. The one thing thats making this non-profitable is name slinging, quarreling etc and it is why we all have not made any headway on this religious section. However, our readers can make their own conclusions on the basis of what we offered. However, I posit here that you are still not answering me specifically and I doubt it is your fault. Even me am getting riled up and distracted which is the purpose of some here.

And all I wanted was to understand the message Islam has for me. If you were in my shoes Sir, what would you say this message is and how would you view the proponents of Islam herein? Please note I have refused to support the "other" side. It was your side I wanted to hear from.

Thanks Man, for you are one.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 3:25pm On Nov 25, 2009
Abuzola,

Over the past years and increasingly in the past few months, I've come across all sorts of comments, claims and counter-claims concerning religion and beliefs. Unfortunately, most of them are a bit too harshly stated for my sensitivity. Why the fighting? God made White men and Black men, He made the cat family and you'll find Lions, Tigers, the Cheetah and the domestic cat all sharing the same family yet few would keep a tiger at home. And a cheetah will not go near a lion. If God wanted all of us to be Christians or monkeys or all be called "Abuzola99999", he'd have done it easy. The Bible says some will be condemned and so does the Koran. Why not everyone saved or marked to be destroyed?

I understand Christianity and chose it over other religions because it made sense (to me). You prefer Islam. Fine! If I think mine is better, I ought to be able to present it without a fight and defend it the same way even when uncomfortable with some of the questions. But when I hear morons saying Jesus is a cry-baby or Muhammad is a demon, I wonder at their state of mind.

You ask why I do not believe in Allah? Fine, I do not understand Islam, its tenets, history and have so many questions that may raise quarrels. I'm not asinine like some here who think the more they shout, the better so I will not insult you by saying things I have read and wondered the way they were said. So the question is can you defend without taking offense? That is a loaded question cos what I'll ask may be very painful. I on my own side will answer any question without rancor (ACCORDING TO MY OWN UNDERSTANDING) if we both accept we're coming with an open clean friendly mind.

But this forum?? We both know at least one xtian and one muslim who are already sharpening their knives before we start so , ,

Give me reasons to accept but remember what I wrote earlier - I do not argue to WIN BUT TO LEARN! No hiding and distractions.

Anyway, one thing I know is many people are coming and reading and making their own conclusions. Many privately decide simply because of the maturity, truth, fairness and directness of the writer. I know what I've learnt reading DEEP SIGHT and MAVENBOX so its in your court to present a case that will positively affect people towards or against your cause. The World is watching!

Are you up to it and will you promise that if I ask a terrible question (respectfully), it will not cause trouble? Its in your court
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2009
Abuzola,

I was expecting you to explain the message of Islam to me so I think its you that will start. Lets say we met someplace and you want me NOT to go to Hellfire because you liked me after interacting with me awhile.

Preach Islam to me:, its message, the reason why you believe and why you think I should believe and what it offers my mind, body and spirit. Support your assertions with History & Koranic extracts. My questions will rise from that and I assure you will not insult you. They come from a mind that is puzzled about many things I see people believing in
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2009
@Abuzola:

You "know" my game? I want to argue? Strange cos I accepted your past explanations though saying they were not the direct answers which I was looking for. Let me tell you the truth. Someone discussed a site called www.faithfreedom.org with me awhile back. When I visited the site, it was filled with vitriol against Islam and it seems no-one (Muslim) was able to answer their postulations.

However, the site is very angry/insulting/derogatory etc toward your religion so I felt maybe Muslims left cos there was too much anger/friction. Here at Nairaland,  I thought I'd find someone (you seemed best) to clear the questions the site brought to my mind about Islam.

But if your only rebuttal is a Quranic quote ,   ,  ,  (without even knowing what my questions are), no wahala. But it would have been nice to tell what the message of Islam is and buttress it with examples from the Koran and the life of the Prophet!

I do not argue. I learn. Thanks for your time. Our readers will deduce whatever they will from our conversation and I will seek my answers elsewhere.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2009
Yes I read. All of us do including you but how do I just start throwing questions? I assume you can't know everything so help me off by presenting a case that can stimulate me to use the knowledge I gleaned to ask questions that you can answer hopefully dispelling many amazing things I read and would like to hope are not true or are misrepresented
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 8:15pm On Nov 25, 2009
Jesus told a story about what constitutes a neighbor. I know you know the story so I won't insult your intelligence. Bottom line is that the Good Samaritan was a man who crossed the lines of Race and Religion and Culture to help (show love) to another person.

Would you say this Biblical love theme is the same Message passed by the Koran and can you give examples from the Koran where muslims are enjoined to show love to others regardless of race and religion and situation? If you cannot, are the themes and therefore God(s) of the Bible and the Koran the same?

Please note that love is the central theme of the Gospel brought by Jesus. Nobody in his right senses will say christians changed the entire Bible for selfish reasons (to require we CARE ABOUT AND LOVE everyone regardless of religion) so you cannot use "change of Bible" here to answer my question.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Horus(m): 8:21pm On Nov 25, 2009
Isaiah 40:22 - "It is HE that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the Earth. . . "

Case closed.

No the Case is NOT Closed, because here the bible mean that the earth is a Flat Circle
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 11:25pm On Nov 25, 2009
while nuclearboy is visiting ali zina and or daniel pipe, etc, he needs to read from answering-christianity.com. all the things you see on the anti islamic sites have been trashed by the answering-christian people. i once challenged ali zina on the 50,000 usd he said hw is willing to wager, that he puts it in an escrow in an attorney trust account, the coward renage. you thing those slimy mouthed people worth any response? hardly.

daniel pipe will cry anti semitic if anyone talks about judaism, as if jews are the only semites! is just like the brazilian yoruba people saying that they are the only yoruba people.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by mazaje(m): 11:34pm On Nov 25, 2009
The koran is a useless story book. . . .
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 11:43pm On Nov 25, 2009
i know that mazaje just blindly writes in unstructured argument!
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 2:05am On Nov 26, 2009
Sometimes he just writes out of boredom though
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 8:04am On Nov 26, 2009
@Mazaje: Na wa O! you attack the system of beliefs of hundreds of millions of people like this? Would you then say you're the most intelligent person on the face of the earth and all muslims ever in history are not as intelligent as you? O ga O!

@Abuzola:

A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him and departed, leaving him half dead.     And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.    And likewise a levite when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.   But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was, and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,   And went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn and took care of him,   and on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee. Which now of these three thinkest thou, was neighbor unto him that fell among the thieves?     And he said he that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him , Go and do likewise  (Luke 10: 30 - 37)

Red is used for the words of Jesus above.

Samaritans were avoided by the Jews and were considered anathema. They were a different peoples and followed a different religious set of beliefs so this man crossed "disgust", "race" and "religion" to do what he did and thus was called a true neighbor and worthy of emulation.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 8:23am On Nov 26, 2009
Waiting for your quote that compels love transcending "RACE" and "RELIGION"!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Catholic Priest Batters 70-year--Old Man In Anambra / Stephanie Otobo Finally Confesses To Lying Against Apostle Johnson Suleman / Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.