Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,604 members, 7,801,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why (33103 Views)

Fresh Move To Unseat Magu As EFCC Chairman Begins / Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman / Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by PMBNG(m): 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2016
THE Senate on Thursday said it will not confirm the nomination of Ibrahim Magu as the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

The Presidency had six months ago sent Magus’s name to the Senate for confirmation as the substantive Chairman of the EFCC.

But the spokesman of the Senate, Senator Aliyu Sabi, told newsmen that Magu will not be confirmed.

Sabi said his nomination had been returned to the Presidency.

He said there were security reports that led to the decision.

Sabi announced the position of the Senate while Magu was still in the closed door session where the senators screened him.

This was unlike past practices where nominees are screened in the open and some times screened live on television.

Source: http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/12/breaking-why-we-wont-confirm-magu-senate/

Lalasticlala

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by agabusta: 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2016
Magu is performing, this is a confirmation. He definitely has touched some nerves.

Na to remain in Acting Capacity na. Unserious Senators. Does confirming him mean he will earn more money??

132 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by ozoigbondu: 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
Magu your one sided fight against kwarruption is biting your nyash

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by RollingStones(m): 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
Good decision.
He should fight corruption completely irrespective of Parties involved.

In other news...
...Happening now...
A young girl fainted in front of Genesis Fast

Food Restaurant.

I rushed to her aid and was shouting for water

water water!

She opened her eyes and gave me a hot slap.

Even called me a foolish boy, saying if i

needed water i would go and faint in front of

Water Corporation.

Go and get me Fried rice with Cold Juice.

#girls_nawaooo.

45 Likes

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by agwom(m): 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
magu magu...
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by Flyingngel(m): 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
Is that the only reason he can give?
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by PMBNG(m): 1:32pm On Dec 15, 2016
Lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by GbovoLee(m): 1:32pm On Dec 15, 2016
who would train a dog that would end up biting him

17 Likes

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by DropShot: 1:33pm On Dec 15, 2016
They are all jokers.

They will eventually realize they have no choice than to confirm him.

Last last, he continues to work in acting capacity which doesn't diminish his power.

The only difference will be that he serves as acting chairman of EFCC.

If I was Magu, now is the time to go after the corrupt senators big time without mercy.

The Senate has no power to do anything to him.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by TippyTop(m): 1:33pm On Dec 15, 2016
[s]
DropShot:
They are all jokers.

Last last, he continues to work in acting capacity which doesn't diminish his power.

If I was Magu, now is the time to go after the corrupt senators big time without mercy.

[/s]

Save yourself the hand wringing angst, our legislators were only following recommendations from the DSS.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by DONSMITH123(m): 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2016
grin
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by olatade(m): 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
Corruption fighting back seriously, Mr president pls re- send magu's name. #with magu I stand

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by RollingStones(m): 1:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
DropShot:
They are all jokers.

Political Analyst please take it easy.
The Senate has more powers to do things to him and they just did one which is refusing to confirm him

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by ProfessorPeter(m): 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2016
No confirmation for him until he investigate and prosecute Amechi, Burattai Danbazau and SGF

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by DropShot: 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2016
RollingStones:

Political Analyst please take it easy.
The Senate has more powers to do things to him and they just did one which is refusing to confirm him
And does that stop him from acting?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by Martinola(m): 2:00pm On Dec 15, 2016
As expected
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by Abbeyme: 2:01pm On Dec 15, 2016
Magu be like, Ifai catch that guy en. Confirm me now or I...

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:01pm On Dec 15, 2016
Is of no effect!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by steppin: 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
Magu, take heart.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by kingphilip(m): 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
we saw that coming after the initial shouting match that happened as earlier reported

just hope the reason is genuine and the presidency acts as expected
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by onatisi(m): 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
2019 battle as started

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by bigtt76(f): 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
These people think once they 'kill' the manager ....the company dies grin Strong institutions don't die off easily

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by RollingStones(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2016
DropShot:
And does that stop him from acting?
Then let him keep on acting.

9 Likes

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by seunlly(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2016
Dino melaye go be like

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by ionsman: 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2016
I give up on Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by Corrinthians(m): 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2016
What i read from thiss action is a confirmation that the man is eminently qualified to occupy that office.

All the granstanding is just a plot to eke out some political concessions from the president. Nothing more.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by iambabaG: 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
Corruption is definitely fighting back!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by Charly68: 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
Indeed corruption is fighting back this Govt. What is the essence of their confirmation anyway ? Can somebody tell me..will that stop the presidency from using him as the head of that unit ..Let them keep ranting & playing power game as the man keeps doing his job without fear or favor.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by brightballer(m): 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
They have stung themselves all in the name of sidelining Tinubu. Since baba can work with anyone in the senate, he should continue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by legendte(m): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2016
Saraki
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by Melanogaster(m): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2016
Corruption

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians React After CCT Clears Saraki Of False Asset Declaration Charges / Kachikwu Keeps Mum After Meeting With Buhari / Idris Abolaji Ajimobi Kissed Fatima Ganduje At Their Wedding Reception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.