Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten (37407 Views)

May 2019 Update Dominates Windows 10 Ecosystem Ahead Of Version 2004 Launch / Evans, Kechi Okwuchi Trend On Google Search / Drop Your Blog Url Let's Know Which Platform Dominates Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by ijustdey: 2:32pm On Dec 15, 2016

The Mavrodi Mondial Moneybox, popular Ponzi scheme known as MMM, payment suspension for one month was top on Google search this week, an official said on Thursday.

The Google’s Communications and Public Affairs Manager, Anglophone West Africa, Mr. Taiwo Kola-Ogunlade, made the disclosure in a statement in Lagos.

He said that the search was as from December 7 to 14.

According to him, it is described as a period of shocking realities and rumours, as some of the stories that trended this week include the popular Ponzi scheme MMM, the collapse of a church in Uyo.

He said that the rumour of an air crash and the election of a new president in Ghana, among several others, also got people’s attention online.

He said, “An air of panic started on the Internet, following the news that popular Ponzi known as MMM is suspending further payment to its existing members for one month.

“The anxiety which has followed the decision has been met with varied reflections by people, who see the suspension as an impending collapse.”

Countdown to the Grammys Award and following several months of speculations, the 59th Grammy Awards which would be broadcasted live on Feb. 12, 2017, was filled with as much surprises as expected, Kola-Ogunlade said.

He said that leading the award list was Beyonce, with a total of nine nominations including albums of the year, while Drake, Rihanna and Kanye West got recognised for eight nominations for different songs.

He said that once again, the leading hitmaker and singer, Tekno dropped a new song ‘Rara’ as the year 2016 draws to a close.

He said, “The song which is laced with an afrobeat led tune was produced by Selebobo.

“The song moved away from his regular crooning on women and money and the high life, to a reflection on the state of affairs in Nigeria.”

The Google manager said that Ghana’s presidential election saw Nana Akufo-Addo being elected as president and Nigerians went on Google search to support their all-time jollof rice rival.

He said, “The incumbent president of the country, President John Mahama, has conceded defeat to the newly-elected president who was running for the third time this year.

“Mahama expressed his intentions to help him settle into his new job with ease.”

The roofs came tumbling down and the day that was meant to be a consecration turned into a mourning day, Kola-Ogunlade said.

According to him, the day was meant to be a consecration into a life of service at the Reigners Bible International Church became a trending topic for tragedy after its church building collapsed.

He said, “The incident led to the death of over 200 people with several others sustaining injuries.

“Akwa Ibom State Governor, Emmanuel Udom who was reported to have attended the event, survived with his aide. Authorities are already investigating the incident.”

Kola-Ogunlade said that the Dana Air rumoured plane crash got people’s attention online

He said, “Dana Air came out to deny the report in a newspaper which claimed that one of its plane crashed in Lagos.

“Refuting the report, the management of the airline company expressed that it was a false news, and the pictures used along with the story was of a past incident.”

The Google manager listed other trending stories this week as the regular update search on the English Premier League, news on the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mr Nnamdi Kanu.

He said that Kanu stated that the secrets he would reveal at his ruling would ‘sink Nigeria.

Also searched for was Cristiano Ronaldo who again, wins the Balls D’or for the fourth time, as well as the release of the new song, ‘The Ultimate Street Anthem’ by Olamide and Burna Boy.

Google Trends launched in May, 2006, allows one to see how popular, search terms and its demography have been over time on Google.
NAN

http://punchng.com/mmm-dominates-google-trend-crash-fears-heighten/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by Benjom(m): 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2016
You will fear fear. MMM came from nowhere and dominated all Nigerian sites on Alexa. By February, 2017, this hullabaloo would have gone down.

#MMM-GoingIntoExtinction

sod09:
Mmmland

Lol... mmmland. com ... Good idea. Let me quickly go and secure that domain name first.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by veekid(m): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2016

enough of this MMM nonsense jooor

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by ednut1(m): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
seun dey para. if this was in the uk, Tope alabi's song Ayele o, ibosi o, wud have reentered the charts. Mr chudy and co dey one corner dey enjoy the drama, they will to blame it on media grin. when mmm restart be like say i go join o grin shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by Freelancer007(m): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
Kk

1 Like

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by TINALETC3(f): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
. K

1 Like

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by kingvectorv(m): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
That's Wonderful.. Loving this ponzi scheme

2 Likes

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by sod09(m): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
Mmmland

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by israelboy1(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
smiles, now getting interestingly boring

6 Likes

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by taurus21: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun and his mods need to stop bitching around like some heart broken niggur, i've had just more than enough on mmm for one day. save the rest for tommorow

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by seunlly(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
.oh boi MMM don carry Nairaland front page finish.

No more update on lautech

No more updates on N- power

No more updates on recession.

chaii this country don tire me!!!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by Chocogold: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
The painful aspect of my own is that my sister used my own money I secretly put into her account which is in between both of us without third party to play MMM...since she said I used that 900k...av just been muted...for the past 3days now.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by BLACKbullet: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
I will be back
Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by solidman59(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
make i park here
Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by emeijeh(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hhhmmmmmmm

7 Likes

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by yankeedude(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hen hen
Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by charleseee(f): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
You talk about something all the time and they neva reply you, then u will knw that silence is the best answer to a ..... january when d site is back hope u put it on FP. .... what is the real reason why MMm issue is always on FP? Is it to make it members commit suicide or what? What is their aim?

32 Likes

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
Wrong topic

It should be : MMM dominates Nairaland Fp

Oga Seun, e don do abeg...... Even twitter has stopped undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by amnesty7: 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
As long as greed is in humans, these schemes will always dupe people no matter the warning.

4 Likes

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
Nollywood is warming up for latest movie in town.

4 Likes

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by nely(m): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
I jus pray this MMM resume back as soon as possible if not, the rate of suicide will increase

3 Likes

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by Fabulosdave01: 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
I wonder why people want mmm to crash. They do not steal, do not defraud people yet we want to make them sad. When the government can't provide for them nko? I'm sure they know the risk before they go into it. It's not you business

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by Silentscreamer(f): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
If truly dis MMM r trying to scam nigerians, i'm sure dey won't escape d law. Dey cant have such impunity to scam d masses and go scot free.

1 Like

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by YhungPablo(m): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
Viewing this topic: dammiedot( m ), lalasticlala ( m ), Fabulosdave01 , veekid( m ), Kdiva ( f), jonhemma11 , Chalaji080 , Mynd44 , QTEST007 ( m ), kingjizzy2 ( m ), Gnathostomata , gtnapes , ayoola90 ( m ), bluesky2 , dandollaz , ednut1( m ), Maestronaija ( m ), ayinde88 ( m ), abfalkolly ( m ), spencekat( m ), exeasy( m ), wholexy009( m ), Yames70 ( m ), Rukundoo , kent05 , Icecomrade , AlphaMaximus ( m ), RuggedArab ( m ), delerx ( m ), osakwe11 , id2010 ( m ), realsupermum , obisage( m ), samilo88 ( m ), petrelli07 , kingvectorv ( m ), tubouncen ( m ), Freelancer007 ( m ), HQuadreal ( m ), joedrae ( m ), oladipo322 ( m ), sweetboiy ( m ), TINALETC3 ( f), Cooladex ( m ), ninokushtree and 53 guest(s)

1 Like

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by Jchi9876: 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
MMM again !!!!!
The herbalist whey do medicine for this Russian na ogbologbo

8 Likes

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by Joejonah(m): 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
Even people that have not taken any risk or ventured into any successful business are blaming mmm participants.

5 Likes

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
;Db
Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by LesbianBoy(m): 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun what is all this! We aff hear MMM is nor good....

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by jane05(f): 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
MMM have not crashed, what's so hard in the word FROZEN?

If you ain't an MMM participant why not leave the participant alone?? Naija sef ehh, why can't we mind our businesses??

Even MMM participants aren't bothered because MMM has helped us more than any other scheme, even if it closes today we still owe MMM and we will still join another ponzi scheme that comes out again. WE DONT REGRET AND WE AIN'T AFRAID

Thank you MMM, your participant are solidly behind you till return

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by Jchi9876: 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
Fabulosdave01:
I wonder why people want mmm to crash. They do not steal, do not defraud people yet we want to make them sad. When the government can't provide for them nko? I'm sure they know the risk before they go into it. It's not you business

See dem MMM investors see dem

1 Like

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by cilifa: 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
i have been MMMed.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten by Juell(m): 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
It's just so amazing how Nigerians are eargerly praying for mmm to crash. I wonder what they'll say by the time mmm finally pulls through this time and come out better and stronger.

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elon Musk Terminates His $44 Billion Twitter Deal / What Nigerians Searched For On Google In 2016 / Designing A Website: For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.