Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Christmas Is Not For True Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Is Not For True Christians (3627 Views)

Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas Is Not For True Christians by fromnigeria(m): 11:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
CHRISTMAS IS NOT FOR TRUE CHRISTIANS
-------------------------------------
Christmas is not a christian Celebration/
Carnival. The yearly and seasonal celebration of change of season and worship of the god of sun, called Yule in north America and 'Saturnalia' in southern America, started long before the birth of Our Lord Jesus.
If you must know, Jesus was not born in Devember, he was born. in the seventh month, towards the end of september, when the jews celebrated the feast of tabernacle.
For the first four centuries true christians ignored this Paganistic celebration.
It was in same fourth century that it was brought into the church by activities of a missionary to England, Augustine and Pope Gregory which led to a Mass conducted and named a Mass for Christ which was made to make these unbelievers come into the church, this was how the name christmas evolved.
Pope Julius made it an official celebration for 'christians'. Not true Christians though. That paganistic celebration was just 'Christianized'.
There so much more to this, I implore yiu reading this to go on further studies about what we have been celebrating ,and would still ignorantly celebrate.
There is nothing christ-like about Christmas, apart from the aspect of showing love, which is a way of life for anyone who truely is a true christian.

We err because we have not read.
#ShareAndShare

http://
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKD79jGwZdM&itct=CA8QpDAYACITCOHrgMOf99ACFdixVQodKFEH6zIGcmVsbWZ1SJqZ7qvP58HP9wE%3D&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by quickly: 12:02am On Dec 16, 2016
Oversabi

Christmas is all about celebrating birth of Jesus and events that happened.

Which include 3 wise men using star to look for him and present him with gifts.

Also the story of how he was born in a manger etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by joe4real12: 3:40am On Dec 16, 2016
We know before.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by alBHAGDADI: 5:28am On Dec 16, 2016
quickly:
Oversabi

Christmas is all about celebrating birth of Jesus and events that happened.

Which include 3 wise men using star to look for him and present him with gifts.

Also the story of how he was born in a manger etc.

And what part of the Bible told you to celebrate it?
Do you know that The Star seen by the wise men (who weren't numbered) was the star of Satan?
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by dangotesmummy: 9:33am On Dec 16, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Do you know that The Star seen by the wise men (who weren't numbered) was the star of Satan?
and what part of your bible asks you to celebrate birthdays and burial ceremonies wink
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by alBHAGDADI: 1:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
dangotesmummy:
and what part of your bible asks you to celebrate birthdays and burial ceremonies wink
And what part of my post told you I do those things?
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by quickly: 1:11pm On Dec 16, 2016
alBHAGDADI:

Must u be told to celebrate. We celebrate wat iz valued. Just like celebrating independence to mark the birthday of a nation.

Is it in the Constitution.?

STAR OF SATAN? WAT OF MOON OF SATAN... African man will always attribute something he don't understand to Juju or something dark.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
True. Christmas and New Year Celebrations are associated with pagan worship. A true christian should never partake in any of these.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by dangotesmummy: 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
And what part of my post told you I do those things?
so why the post mr itk? undecided
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
alBHAGDADI:

So the bible has to tell you to celebrate Christ, it seems you lack the Spirit of discernment. I have said this over and over again, you need to pray for this gift. Did the bible tell you to eat garri, where was garri mentioned in the Bible? Yet you eat it, why not go and live in Israel as Nigeria was never mentioned in the Bible, you might actually be sinning because of this, self righteous human being
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 16, 2016
@OP, we all understand that there is recession and it seems it has affected your pocket so we know why you are trying to convince yourself that there's nothing to celebrate, take heart, it is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
christmas is all about Christ,

but people have commercialized it.
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by peacesamuel94(m): 8:49pm On Dec 16, 2016
The timing of the celebration is not what matters, rather it is who is being celebrated(which in this case isJesus Christ) that counts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by lepasharon(f): 5:54am On Dec 17, 2016
Hanaway:
True. Christmas and New Year Celebrations are associated with pagan worship. A true christian should never partake in any of these.

Which of the hundreds of Christian sects is a true christian?

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by alBHAGDADI: 6:50am On Dec 17, 2016
Pidgin2:

So the bible has to tell you to celebrate Christ, it seems you lack the Spirit of discernment. I have said this over and over again, you need to pray for this gift. Did the bible tell you to eat garri, where was garri mentioned in the Bible? Yet you eat it, why not go and live in Israel as Nigeria was never mentioned in the Bible, you might actually be sinning because of this, self righteous human being

Do you know that the pagan festival which you peoole have named Christmas was celebrated long before Christ was born?

You don't know the exact date he was born, you just decided to pick a date associated with paganism. Did Christ himself celebrate his birthday for once? Did he or his early disciples do such? Did he tell us to do such? We have abandoned the assignments he gave us and went after selfish traditions of men.

Look at what he said we should do in remembrance of him.

Luke 22:19

"And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it , and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: THIS DO IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME."

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 17, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Do you know that the pagan festival which you peoole have named Christmas was celebrated long before Christ was born?

You don't know the exact date he was born, you just decided to pick a date associated with paganism. Did Christ himself celebrate his birthday for once? Did he or his early disciples do such? Did he tell us to do such? We have abandoned the assignments he gave us and went after selfish traditions of men.

"And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it , and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: THIS DO IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME."

Yes we don't know exactly when he was born but we have chosen to celebrate His birth on December 25th. Every day is associated with paganism, the same way every day is associated with Christisdom(or don't you worship God everyday?) . No day was declared reserved for any Idol by God, get this into your brain
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by fromnigeria(m): 7:08am On Dec 17, 2016
Pidgin2:
@OP, we all understand that there is recession and it seems it has affected your pocket so we know why you are trying to convince yourself that there's nothing to celebrate, take heart, it is well.
Go and study my friend, there is nothing christ-like about christmas.
Christs was just born so we would not have excuses for believing someone who just appeared from no where.

Even before Abraham Jesus was, he came in human form, went thriugh yhe temptation we are going through today and conquered in al, then died, his deayh according to Romans, condemned SIN in man.
It is this death and resurrecyion thAt should be undertood.
Not celebrating the birthday of our saviour, which he never ask us to do.

The celebration of the god of the sun has been on before Jesus christ came. This carnival was just brought into the church by the catholic and so the penticostals some who love to copy, copied and thats where we are today. Jesus was never born in December.

Take out sometime, and do research on this, i dont want you to just believe all i have said, bit go and study with the spirit of discernment.
May Gof help us.
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by alBHAGDADI: 7:17am On Dec 17, 2016
Pidgin2:

Yes we don't know exactly when he was born but we have chosen to celebrate His birth on December 25th. Every day is associated with paganism, the same way every day is associated with Christisdom(or don't you worship God everyday?) . No day was declared reserved for any Idol by God, get this into your brain
Did He tell you to pick a date and celebrate his birthday? You all have abandoned Christ and gone after your own desires.

You people have replaced Christ as the head of the church.
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 17, 2016
fromnigeria:
Go and study my friend, there is nothing christ-like about christmas.
Christs was just born so we would not have excuses for believing someone who just appeared from no where.

Even before Abraham Jesus was, he came in human form, went thriugh yhe temptation we are going through today and conquered in al, then died, his deayh according to Romans, condemned SIN in man.
It is this death and resurrecyion thAt should be undertood.
Not celebrating the birthday of our saviour, which he never ask us to do.

The celebration of the god of the sun has been on before Jesus christ came. This carnival was just brought into the church by the catholic and so the penticostals some who love to copy, copied and thats where we are today. Jesus was never born in December.

Take out sometime, and do research on this, i dont want you to just believe all i have said, bit go and study with the spirit of discernment.
May Gof help us.

Do not celebrate Christmas if poverty is dealing with you and your family. You are a fake Christian hence you do not know that we have CHOSEN TO MARK CHRIST'S BIRTH day on that day. If you quote me again God will punish you. Who cares what you think, you are less than 30 or 40 yet you think you can annul a Christian festival celebrated long before your ancestors were born.

Go and tell Donald Trump, Queen Elizabeth, Angela Merkel etc not to celebrate Christmas, this is the only way you effort will make sense. GL
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 17, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Did He tell you to pick a date and celebrate his birthday? You all have abandoned Christ and gone after your own desires.

You people have replaced Christ as the head of the church.

You can wait for God to tell you to go to toilet. Holier than thou.
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by skeendyke: 7:49am On Dec 17, 2016
alBHAGDADI:

See, people may give reasons why celebrating Christmas is not in line with the Word of God but the fact is if people could celebrate the entry of Jesus into Jerusalem with singing and shouting, and Christ did not tell them to quiet down, and His resurrection is celebrated every year then what wrong is it to celebrate His birth? The historical date of birth is inconsequential. The reason it is celebrated makes all the difference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by fromnigeria(m): 8:10am On Dec 17, 2016
iliketheSunrise:
christmas is all about Christ,

but people have commercialized it.
Fo and learn my friend, there is nothing christ-lije about christmas.
Is it the drunkenness? the over-eating or over-drinking? is it the adultery, lust, fornication, wild partying, or rituals etc.
There is no christian way of celebrating christmas, all you might see as a christian way of doing that is supposed to be a way of life for christians-(love and loving).
God will help us.
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by alBHAGDADI: 8:15am On Dec 17, 2016
Pidgin2:

You can wait for God to tell you to go to toilet. Holier than thou.
I don't wait for God to tell me to go to the toilet cos i know I do that to please myself.

In that sense, what you are saying in essence is that you didn't hear God tell you to celebrate Christmas, you just do that to please yourself.
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by fromnigeria(m): 8:17am On Dec 17, 2016
Pidgin2:

Do not celebrate Christmas if poverty is dealing with you and your family. You are a fake Christian hence you do not know that we have CHOSEN TO MARK CHRIST'S BIRTH day on that day. If you quote me again God will punish you. Who cares what you think, you are less than 30 or 40 yet you think you can annul a Christian festival celebrated long before your ancestors were born.

Go and tell Donald Trump, Queen Elizabeth, Angela Merkel etc not to celebrate Christmas, this is the only way you effort will make sense. GL
are those you mentioned above christians, oh God!!!, ignorance is way too bad and a disease.
thats how the devil deceives us, by telling us that this thing has been going on since the days of our ancestors.
thats how he deceives us that this is yhe first and foremost church, the church of our fore father, via these he ties us down to his wkrship.
God will help us, go and study my friend, Jesus said, we err because we have not read.
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by alBHAGDADI: 8:18am On Dec 17, 2016
skeendyke:

See, people may give reasons why celebrating Christmas is not in line with the Word of God but the fact is if people could celebrate the entry of Jesus into Jerusalem with singing and shouting, and Christ did not tell them to quiet down, and His resurrection is celebrated every year then what wrong is it to celebrate His birth? The historical date of birth is inconsequential. The reason it is celebrated makes all the difference.
Thr celebration of Christ's entry into Jerusalem was prophesied by the prophets of old. Christ even endorsed it by allowing them. He was even expecting it as he requested for a donkey for the entrance.

But did he endorse Christmas?
Did any of the books of these Bible endorse Christmas?
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by fromnigeria(m): 8:23am On Dec 17, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Thr celebration of Christ's entry into Jerusalem was prophesied by the prophets of old. Christ even endorsed it by allowing them. He was even expecting it as he requested for a donkey for the entrance.

when a state governor is coming to town what do you do?, can this governor tell. these people to keep shut?
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by alBHAGDADI: 8:43am On Dec 17, 2016
fromnigeria:
when a state governor is coming to town what do you do?, can this governor tell. these people to keep shut?
Don't you think the state governor will get angry if he sees people celebrating his birthday on a wrong date especially when he didn't order such?
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 17, 2016
lepasharon:

Which of the hundreds of Christian sects is a true christian?

True christianity is not defined by tags. Rather, only those who have a better understanding and grasp of the scriptures, and who strictly adhere to its teachings and have God's best interests at heart are what true christianity encompasses in every sense of the word.
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by bennyann: 9:19am On Dec 17, 2016
skeendyke:

See, people may give reasons why celebrating Christmas is not in line with the Word of God but the fact is if people could celebrate the entry of Jesus into Jerusalem with singing and shouting, and Christ did not tell them to quiet down, and His resurrection is celebrated every year then what wrong is it to celebrate His birth? The historical date of birth is inconsequential. The reason it is celebrated makes all the difference .

Exactly! The reason, the motive behind the celebration. Those celebrating other gods on that day know themselves and those celebrating Jesus also know themselves. The beautiful and amazing thing is God knows those who worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by alBHAGDADI: 11:59am On Dec 17, 2016
bennyann:

Exactly! The reason, the motive behind the celebration. Those celebrating other gods on that day know themselves and those celebrating Jesus also know themselves. The beautiful and amazing thing is God knows those who worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.
Those that celebrate Christmas are not worshipping him in truth and in spirit cos he didn't order them to do such.
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by skeendyke: 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2016
alBHAGDADI:

The season of Christmas goes well beyond the birth of Jesus Christ. The reason it is celebrated is because Christ came in the flesh, died for our sins and rose on the third day. There is no message of ressurection without death, and there's no message of death without birth and without these there's no Christianity.

In a nutshell, Christ's birth, death and resurrection make up the Good News that is preached all over the world.

The joyful season of Christmas does not only celebrate Christ's manifestation on earth in the flesh but also spreads the Good News of hope and salvation all over the world fulfilling the Word of God that the knowledge of the Lord shall cover the earth - Habakkuk 2:14. You might say the festive occasion of Christmas celebration is needless to spread the Word of God as it has been travelling all over the world without it but the question is - is there any specific means of spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ as endorsed by the Word of God?

Through the celebration of Christmas, believers and unbelievers are made aware of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, His birth and victory from the grave by which man is granted salvation and restored to the fellowship of God that was lost in the Garden of Eden after the Fall. The message of the Good News is NATURALLY embedded in the festive season of Christmas.

Lastly, if the angels could celebrate the birth of Jesus by singing, dancing and making merry and their celebration was not prophesied by the prophets and they are not even the heirs of so great a privilege of salvation, then what makes it wrong for the heirs of salvation to celebrate the birth of their Author of salvation once in every 365 days?

And, yes, the Bible endorses the celebration of Christmas.
Re: Christmas Is Not For True Christians by bennyann: 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Those that celebrate Christmas are not worshipping him in truth and in spirit cos he didn't order them to do such.

What does it mean to celebrate? Doesn't it mean to honour or appreciate in a joyful way or so?

We celebrate the birth of Christ everyday, but that may be on a personal level. Now a date was set aside specially for that purpose, for all Christians to come together and honour Christ.

Your questions should be how do Christians celebrate Christ and condemn any form of celebration that doesn't bring honour to Him.

I do not know why the date was fixed on such a time. I do not know if they have ulterior motives in setting such a date but what I do know is Christians use such a day to gather, visit each other and appreciate the grace that comes with the birth of Jesus.
Some even spend such a day in church.

I wonder what's sinful in that. I won't bother myself killing myself over a particular day just because one day was set aside celebrating God when we're to do that everyday.

However any Christian who's skeptical about such a day should refrain from it because you should be conscious of Jesus alone and not other gods or guilt because you decided to set a day for Jesus. Please do what will make your heart at ease with your belief.

I Can't go and change the date or send away those who come to celebrate, honour Christ by visiting me. Whatever is pure is what I should set my mind on. Phil 4:8

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Problems With God. / The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! / How Can We Overcome The Control Flesh?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.