Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). (587944 Views)

Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / May, 2004 (a True Life Story) / Chronicles Of Temy (my Life On Campus) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 11:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
...... This is my first time on this section and I've often thought of writing a short story about my past. And I feel nairaland is a forum where I can express myself freely.

My life story is filled with adventures, love, betrayal, regrets. I just hope nairalanders will be able to pick at least one or two lessons from my past, because I believe the past shapes one into a brighter future.

All rights reserved.

YungTemy

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 12:30am On Dec 16, 2016
I finally got admitted into one of state university in Nigeria after writing jamb five (5) times. In fact, Jamb jam me anyhow both front and back, left and right, up and down. It wasn't a wonderful experience, I must admit. I can still recall vividly the call I got from one of my friends barely two months after writing my PUME exams.
Ben: Temy afa na, you don hear the latest?
Me: oboy! Wetin dey xup?
Ben: PUME result don show o
Me: you say wetin? ( my heart was pounding very fast, I could tell my junior brother who was standing very close to me could hear my heart beat 10 times per second, if he listened carefully)
Ben: dey there. Them give me international studies and history, as I dey here so, I dey happy die.
Me: congratulations o, make I go check my own.
At that moment I felt a drop of urine in my boxers.
''O God! Make these people admit me o''. I began to pray, like a prayer warrior. I spoke in unknown tongues ( me wey no dey go church).
I finally checked my result and that of my junior brother's, Ty. We both got admitted the same time. That day was the best day of my life. I could now walk on the streets head high. I was now a big boy, a university boy.
I never knew there were more challenges lurking ahead.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 1:03am On Dec 16, 2016
The stories I've heard about my institution sent cold shiver down my spine. Frankly, I was this young innocent dude who knew nothing about life in a university like Ambrose Alli. There was so many things I needed to learn and I needed to adapt to the strange lifestyle as soon as possible.
On a very hot afternoon in school, I went to buy a cold can of Pepsi to drink because I was famished. While in the process of trying to quench my taste for pepsi, I heard a voice say
''ayy you''
I turned around and I saw 4 guys, sitting in a restaurant called NFA. ( I can tell what you guys are thinking right now, but the place doesn't mean No Future Ambition (NFA) or the Nigerian Football Association (NFA) it was actually just a place where students relaxed when they don't have classes, although, the place has been abused with so many unsocial vices and all)
''come over here'' said one of them. He looked 49, I wondered to myself, how will an old man like this still in school.
''who you be'' said the other guy, who was looking very short and ugly. He wore a red bandana.
''brr.. Brrr... Bros, my name is Temi'' I stammered. I don enter gogbe today o, I thought. Chai! Which kind wahala be this.
''you dey mad, I dey ask you who you be you dey talk rubbish". Said the Old man who was literally a student surprisingly.
''wetin you dey do with this camou handkerchief?'' replied one of the fresh dude who was sitting quietly observing. He had an alomo bitters in his hands.
''we go play you today'' he continued.
'Aah I don die, I be 100 level o. I thought to myself'

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 7:35am On Dec 16, 2016
... ''ehis, leave am, the boy go buy alomo for everyone wey dey this place'' said the ugly one.
'' Bros, I no get money o, I be 100 level'' I said ,stammering. Sweat was beginning to drop down my face. My legs were shaking literally".
'Temy, you sef compose yourself you no be man?, see as you dey shake like cat fish'' I thought to my self. I had to man up. Edo boys no dey carry last... But but this matter pass me I no wan die.
I was actually given the worst orientation ever, that if you were a ''Jew man'', ( A slang people in confranities use to lebel students who didn't belong to a cult group) you should always be loyal to every confra guy, else you might get played.
Immediately, I brought out all the little change in my pocket, estimated about 1,500 naira. I was going to be broke that week.
"God help me'' I thought
''so you even get money, you con dey lie, How much be that''? The short ugly looking guy asked?
''Bring am'' the old man who was still a student shouted ''we for play you anyhow for here''
''thank you sir'' I replied.
''collect our phone number, if anybody disturb you for this campus just tell us'' he continued.
I collected their numbers and left. My cloth was soaked that day with sweat.
"Is this the kind of life, I intend to start experiencing from now on". I thought to myself.
Thompson a close friend of mine saw me, working past the school gate.
Thompson: Temy wetin dey xup, see as you dey sweat like Christmas Goat.
Me: mehn, wetin I see today,.... I just dey wonder why my liver no fail me
Thompson: wetin happen, Girl break your heart?
Me: Nooo, (I wiped the sweat off my face) we go yan the matter later no be for. People fit dey observe. Wetin you cook?
Thompson: Na beans dey house o, and I no get bread.
Me: after this wahala, na beans I wan go chop, wetin dey xup?
I felt like crying...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Angelinastto(f): 8:58pm On Dec 16, 2016
Love your work........... Keep it coming! I got my eyes on this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 9:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
Angelinastto:
Love your work........... Keep it coming! I got my eyes on this.

Thank you. I had given up already, but thanks for motivating me.

I find it really modifying a post. Probably with time, I will adjust.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 10:13pm On Dec 16, 2016
I laid on my soft comfortable bed, playing Need For Speed Most wanted on my laptop. A cold can of Pepsi was standing right beside me, begging to be consumed. I looked at it and smiled. ''Life is good''
Although I was broke as hell, the little change my struggling dad gave me and junior brother, we made sure we used it eloquently. I was not the spending type, probably because I had no girlfriend. I wasn't ugly. I am handsome. I'm not short neither am I tall, I'm just average about 5'8 feet tall and chocolate skinned.
While laying on my bed, I got a phone call from my uncle, who is a top business tycoon, he is highly respected in Edo state.
''Good day sir'' I said, wondering why he was calling me, because I felt he never cared.
''Temy my boy'' he responded ''how are you''?
''fine sir, how is family sir, how is work'' ? I said.
''My family is fine, em, I heard you're now in school. You're now a man, congratulations'' he said
''send me your account number, I will transfer 200k naira into your
account right now for your upkeep''
''wao thank you sir may God bless you and your family'' I responded immediately, feeling like so happy. ''let me get my account number, I can't believe this''
''Which account number?, This guy dey jonz O''. I felt multiple taps on my back.
''Guy wake up, we get 7am class, we don almost late''
''Thompson you be idiot, why you wake me up, you dey mad O'' I said angrily.
''so na dream I dey dream since''. I felt heart broken.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Angelinastto(f): 10:16pm On Dec 16, 2016
Do modify and put in your best. At the ending your name will be on our lips i promise.
Lemme invite people for you honey.........
Ccc Dtobs rachelfst Babsopey lawal1470 hormobolanle lankyanni girlhaley missmossy olatex25 spinxytinxy skillful01

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2016
Angelinastto:
Do modify and but in your best. At the ending your name will be on our lips i promise.
Ccc Dtobs rachelfst Babsopey lawal1470 hormobolanle lankyanni girlhaley missmossy olatex25 spinxytinxy skillful01

wao... Thank you.
God bless.

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Angelinastto(f): 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2016
Lol thats a funny one. Ehm i really don't feel the too much pidgin English. People/ me personally will think thats your limit.
Do me a favour. Mention me on the next one swidy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 10:24pm On Dec 16, 2016
I get you. I study @ one of the most notorious schools in Nigeria. Ambrose alli university. In finals already. Pidgin is the trend over there but I will try to limit it. And I will mention you in my next post.
Thank. Preciate

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by olatex25(m): 10:25pm On Dec 16, 2016
Why u kon post one episode 1million tyms nah...
Kip it cuming, moi following dis..

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by olatex25(m): 10:27pm On Dec 16, 2016
Angelinastto:
Do modify and put in your best. At the ending your name will be on our lips i promise.
present miss...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 10:27pm On Dec 16, 2016
olatex25:

bros, the matter Tire me. I'm still a rookie on nairaland. I never understand am like that. No vex
Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Angelinastto(f): 10:50pm On Dec 16, 2016
olatex25:

olatex25:

present miss...
olatex25:

i also got tired of reading again and again.
Thanks man. I know you got my back a hundred and ten percent!

4 Likes

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Angelinastto(f): 11:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
YungTemy:
I get you. I study @ one of the most notorious schools in Nigeria. Ambrose alli university. In finals already. Pidgin is the trend over there but I will try to limit it. And I will mention you in my next post.
Thank. Preciate
Alright dear.
Abeg fill this place with update sharp sharp o

3 Likes

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 11:16pm On Dec 16, 2016
I began to get more inclined with campus life. It was splendid. It was like a world on it's on own. You'd see different characters of individuals. The ajebutters, who flashed their parents wealth, The G-Boys driving flashy cars, The prayer warriors, who turned every building into a fellowship, The cult members who no one dare messes with, the womanizers who chase after anything and everything that puts on skirt or leggings and the regular guys like me, who just live life, hoping for a better day.
On a very good day in class, while the lecturer was teaching, I saw this cute damsel walk into the hall. She was an epitome of beauty. She was indeed classy for this could be depicted in the type of attire she wore.
''idiot, come over here, can't you feel my presence'' said the lecturer
'' your brain must be suffering from mental instability''
''sir, I was in your class before, I went to get something outside'' she replied
''is this how you live your life? , you were sent to school to study and not to wonder about'' he objected ''come on, go to your sit right before you witness my wrath''.
I watched the event play, I felt pity for her... but I was more focused on her beauty. This must be love at first sight. Cupid just shot right through my heart. I could feel it. I had to make enquiry immediately right there in class.
Me: Mayson who is that babe. See as she fine finish.
Mayson: her name is Angel, she's one of the biggest girl in this class o.
Me: "o boy!". I scratched my head, I can't even approach a common girl on the street, talk more of this epitome of beauty.
Mayson: wetin you dey reason.
Me: Nooo, nothing. But this babe, fine die.

TO BE CONTINUED....

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by olatex25(m): 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
Angelinastto:
i also got tired of reading again and again. Thanks man. I know you got my back a hundred and ten percent!
nope.. It's hundred nd ninety nine dot nine percent (199.9% )

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by ASBEE(m): 11:49pm On Dec 16, 2016
Wow! Nice story yhu gat bruh.....buh pls try to make ur update long, they are too short.
Angelinastto ah see yhu on dis One....na yhu draw me come here oO
Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 12:03am On Dec 17, 2016
ASBEE:
Wow! Nice story yhu gat bruh.....buh pls try to make ur update long, they are too short.
Angelinastto ah see yhu on dis One....na yhu draw me come here oO

okay bro, I will make more longer. Thank you
Angelinastto is really and truly an angel.

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 1:26am On Dec 17, 2016
At that very moment I began to device means of connecting with Angel. How she fit her beautiful her name. So ironic.
she sat quietly at the middle of the hall pressing her blackberry bold 5 Mobile phone. I watched her with keen interest. She was a shawty, a beautiful one. All chocolatey, cute attractive pink lips. She was a damsel.
Mayson who was one of my close friend in campus, illustrated his experience he had encountered with her.
Mayson: bro, Last week, I saw, Angel at GT restaurant while I was trying to buy fried rice for my girlfriend. Can you believe this babe completely ignored me when I said ''HI''
Me: Ah! Is she that rude?
Mayson: mehn, that babe rude pass anything. Just dey careful make she no fall your hand.
Me: Let me try my luck. I can't just let her pass me by.
Mayson: Ok oo.
Thompson came and sat beside us, he bought plantain chips, which we ate while talking about girls.
Thompson: Temy, I just dey observe you since. You be yeye boy. Angel no go gree for you.
Me: we shall see now
Surprisingly, I began to pick up courage. The saying ''your environment and peer group have a great part to play in your life'' is really a fact. I therefore summoned courage. I went over to Angels sit.
Me: Hello, beautiful (I swallowed hard, chai! This babe is just too fine o. I tot)
Angel: Hi
Me: My name is Temy and you're?
Angel: what do you want? (she replied in a tune that could make a man never talk to a girl again)
Me: sorry, for disturbing you. Seems you're not in a good mood. ( I looked to observe if no one just heard her scream, it was really embarrassing)
I left her sit, with my tail between my legs. It sure didn't go has planned. I went back my friends sit.
Mayson: how did it go?
Me: oboy! No level. That babe is just harsh. She just finish me.
Thompson: hehe. Sorry o
Me: I really like that girl, I just can't give up like that.
Thompson: lover man.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by olatex25(m): 6:25am On Dec 17, 2016
This story is gettin interesting, pls make it lengthy.. Is too short jare.. Weldone guy,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by xaviercasmir(m): 6:39am On Dec 17, 2016
RIDE ON BRO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by berhdo: 9:18am On Dec 17, 2016
When wil u be dropping d update plzzz can't jst wait 4d nxt. Kudos. An interesting story.Bt plz i wan hear say temi agbale alapa ike got slappex ooo wink

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by ASBEE(m): 10:33am On Dec 17, 2016
YungTemy:

okay bro, I will make more longer. Thank you Angelinastto is really and truly an angel.
yes she is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 10:56am On Dec 17, 2016
I sat at the back sit in class as always. We were about 160 students, with over half of the population consisting of girls.
We all waited patiently for the professor to come to the class to teach. Beside me were two of my close friends Thompson and Mayson.
While in class, Thompson brought out a sachet of capsules.
Thompson: How far you wan pop TM?
Me: What's that?
Mayson: Na tramadol
Thompson: Just take one hundred milligram make you dey well.
Me: Noo. I don't do drugs
Thompson: Temy you be chicken. You too dey fear.
Me: See this guy, I just pity your life, make you no go turn junky finish o.
While we were busy arguing Tramadol matters, a young man walked into the hall alongside Our Jehovah witness class rep (I called him a Jehovah witness because of the way he dressed. He was always on over sized long sleeve and a big fat tie, sometimes I wonder if his father actually gave him his already used clothes).
Class rep: Decorum please. Decorum please.
Mayson: Who be this one again?
Class rep: Please we have a pastor who wants to share the word of God to each and everyone of us. Please lets listen attentively.
The young pastor stood on the podium and he began to address us.
Pastor: Good morning everyone one. I know you guys haven't seen me before. I don't school here, in fact I am a graduate. I finished at the university of Nsukka, with a 2.1. I urge you guys to study very hard and most especially be prayerful.
Pastor went ahead to pray for us. He was indeed a motivational speaker. All the students listened attentively while he addressed us.
Pastor: Em, you over there.
The whole class all wondered who he was referring.
Pastor: You putting on a blue shirt. (he was pointing at my direction, the whole class turned their faces to the back. I felt like 2pac, all eyes on me)
Pastor: I see potentials in you. You are going to be great. Try to be prayerful at all time.
Me: Thank you sir [I replied feeling very shy, to my greatest surprise Angel was starring at me.]
After the pastor left, she came over to my sit.....
To be continued.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by avadella(f): 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
YungTemy:
... ''ehis, leave am, the boy go buy alomo for everyone wey dey this place'' said one of them

'' Bros, I no get money o, I be 100 level'' I said ,stammering. Sweat was beginning to run through my face. My legs were shaking very fast.

'Temy, you sef compose yourself you no be man?, see as you dey shake like cat fish' I thought to my self. But this matter pass me, I was too young, I was just 20years old, a naive young boy. I no wan die.

Funny enough, I was actually given the worst orientation ever, that if you were a ''Jew man'', ( A slang people in confranities use to lebel students who didn't belong to a cult group) you should always be loyal to every confra guy, else you might get played.

Immediately, I brought out all the little change in my pocket, estimated about 1,500 naira. I was going to be broke that week.

''so you even get money, you con dey lie, How much be that''? The short ugly looking guy asked?

''Bring am'' he shouted ''we for play you anyhow for here''

''thank you sir'' I replied.

''collect our phone number, if anybody disturb you for this campus just tell us'' one of the boys said.

I collected their numbers and left. My cloth was soaked that day with sweat. Is this the kind of life, I intend to start experiencing?, I tot to myself. Thompson a close friend of mine saw me, working past the school game

Thompson: Temy wetin dey xup, see as you dey sweat like Christmas Goat.

Me: mehn, wetin I see today, I just dey wonder why my liver no fail me

Thompson: wetin happen, Girl break your heart?

Me: Nooo, (I wiped the sweat off my face) we go yan the matter later no be for here. People fit dey observe. Wetin you cook?

Thompson: Na beans dey house o, and I no get bread. Na only garri.

Me: after this wahala, na beans and garri, I wan go chop, wetin dey xup?

its repeating
Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by berhdo: 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2016
Oya bros i dey feel u jere.mo un ga orun de nxt update. Thumbs up

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply)

Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.