Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). - Literature (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). (588522 Views)

Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / May, 2004 (a True Life Story) / Chronicles Of Temy (my Life On Campus) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by cappucino925(m): 12:26pm On May 11, 2019
nice story bro

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 4:56pm On May 17, 2019
cappucino925:
nice story bro
Thanks fam

2 Likes

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Sikpa04(m): 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2019
This story to go well. I started yesterday and now I'm done. At least with this story I go know how I go behave when I resume. grin....

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Elvinho2244(m): 11:55pm On Dec 16, 2019
YungTemy:
Days turned into weeks, as I observed my relationship with Juliet depreciate. I tried as much as possible to please her in every way I could but like the morning dew I saw her love fading away right before my eyes. I felt the need to open up to her about my ordeal with Precious but something inside me kept drawing me back
''TY, like play like play I'm losing Juliet. No be small thing o'' I said, while laying in the bed pressing my phone. Beside me was my brother, TY who was busy playing FIFA 15 on his PC and eating cheese balls. It was a Saturday afternoon, so we had all the time to ourselves.
''she hardly comes over to see me regularly like before, I don't know why she's avoiding me'' I continued.
''Have you tried calling her number''? He asked.
''yes, I have''
''Try the number again. No level, she gast pick. Na so girls dey do'' he reaffirmed.
I took a deep breathe and dialed her number. It kept beeping and beeping until she picked.
''Hello.. Um, Baby how are you doing?'' I asked, with a smile on my face.
''Juliet is not around'' was the reply I got. And the most shocking part of it was that it was a males voice, A baritone voice for that matter. I had this awkward look on my face as I ended the call with an ''OK''.
''Temy, what happened?. What did Juliet say?'' Ty, my brother tried to inquire.
''No be she pick o, na one bros like that o'' I said, still having this strange awkward look on my face.
I felt like my mind was playing tricks on me, but I just didn't want to comprehend.
''It must be her brother, I think she has an elder brother in this school'' I said, giving myself hope.
''Bros, try and talk to her, show her that you care. It's not all about giving material things, your presence matters. There is probably something bothering her and you've probably haven't cared to ask her yet. Don't be surprised if another guys takes over. Na so E just be'' my little brother emphasized, while playing game.
''No be lie sha. But me don try o. I tried giving her space but still no show.... Anyway, wetin you wan cook na?'' I asked.
''choi!!! Wetin Messi dey play, ordinary R2 you no sabi'' my brother said dropping the game pad angrily on the bed.
''how far na... Na money I use take buy that pad o. If you break am, I go break you'' I said angrily.
Well, my brother was right...
'' There is probably something bothering her''

That evening, I went over Maysons house to chill. I indeed needed someone to talk. It was a full house, as the presence of Thompson and Smart could be seen.
''ayy!! See ma guy. See ma guy'' Smart ran over to hug me. In his right hand was a huge blunt.
''Smart wetin happen na, why you paint your hair yellow, you na sisqo abi you don turn Awilo?'' I asked, quiet astonished by this recent development.
''Oboy! You don go draw tattoo. Chisos! And na STONER you con go draw for your hand. If police see you your own don finish o!'' I exclaimed with my mouth wide open in amazement.
'' No levo... Na we get am. Na we get AAU, na we get Ekpoma, na we get Edo state and Nigeria in General'' he said, as he took a long drag of his jumbo weed in his mouth.
''Thompson you no advise your guy... How far you?.. Your wound don dey ill small small o'' I said shaking his hand. '' we suppose celebrate am''
''you dey craze'' he responded, smoking a long drag of weed in his mouth, the thick cloud of smoke he inhaled searched for a passage route to escape, thereby making him cough profusely.
''No go kill yourself o'' I responded.
''Igbo no be for everybody o. Mayson how far you get Trams?'' I asked.
''why not, everywhere good'' Mayson responded with a smile.
''Temy, update dey o'' Thompson said.
''wetin happen''
''Marvis don buy 4Matic Benz'' he said with a smile.
''OBOY!!! Everywhere don good be that na... I be dey call him number yesterday E dey switched off'' I responded with a smile on my face.
We were relaxing at the back of Maysons hostel when we heard the sound of a truck.
''make una chill, make I go observe'' Mayson said, leaving us.
''mehn, Marvis don buy 4matic. We gast pop champagne. Hustle never finish o!'' Thompson exclaimed.
''No be lie... Where Mayson con go sef?'' I said standing up to observe what was happening.
''RUN RUN!!!! SOJO SOJO'' Mayson shouted as he hurriedly jumped the hostel fence which was surrounded by *barb wire, leaving us and his kush behind.
SOJO was a shorten translation for soldiers, and funny enough they brought with them a truck to carry their ''captives''.
We werent cultist but we just had to run and worst part was the hostel was fenced and completely surrounded by torns, and the only escape route was through the torns.
''what have I gotten myself into'' I thought as I tried to jump through the sharp barbwire.
''if you move I will shoot you'' the soldiers said pointing their AK47 at us.
I didn't care to know what was happening, I hurriedly jumped off the fence and ran like afreed slave through the street.
Sadly, Smart and Thompson were left behind.

Nice one, but e no end well

2 Likes

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Sikpa04(m): 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
Elvinho2244:

Nice one, but e no end well
It hasn't ended. Search for the chronicles of temmy to continue with the story.

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2019
Sikpa04:

It hasn't ended. Search for the chronicles of temmy to continue with the story.

Bless
Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Skankhunt42: 9:59pm On Apr 08, 2020
Bros.. How far come and finish o
Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Sammiesparkly(m): 1:14pm On May 27, 2020
Nice story, wanna have some word with u, how will i contact u

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Psady(m): 11:09pm On May 27, 2020
This story remains my favorite story on nairaland, next to katakata street by centino. please temmy try write another story if concluding this story is a difficult task. I like your use of words .I keep searching if you will ever put down another story

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 11:17pm On May 28, 2020
Bless Bruv. Really appreciate your comment.
I will try to cook up something.

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 11:19pm On May 28, 2020
Sammiesparkly:
Nice story, wanna have some word with u, how will i contact u
You can send me an email

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Sammiesparkly(m): 11:27am On May 29, 2020
YungTemy:
You can send me an email
Have sent it

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by gunners160(m): 12:06pm On May 29, 2020
hw can I vote for you

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 11:26am On May 30, 2020
gunners160:
hw can I vote for you

Honest truth is, I feel if I write a story again, nobody is gonna read it.

The literature section isn't as active as it used to be. I hardly see a post on the literature section on the front page of Nairaland and apart from that, people minds are preoccupied so so many things.

I guess, this is my excuse for not writing a story on nairaland. I will really love to do something, I've had so many interesting experiences that I will love to share most especially during my NYSC, but the vibe just ain't there no more.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 11:29am On May 30, 2020
Sammiesparkly:

Have sent it
I just replied
Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Davidhero(m): 5:49pm On May 30, 2020
YungTemy:

I just replied

Hello Temy..

It's been long.

Please don't say that, some of us are still following this thread up till now. So please go ahead with the new story, those still here dey solidly behind you.

TIA

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by xolocious(m): 2:38am On Jun 01, 2020
Each day I check your comments/posts to see if you've come up with something new or adding to your already published story. you had everyone on their feet and we feel disappointed you're not serving it hot like you once did. It's in you and I'm still a big fan of you.
Please don't disappoint us. Do make us all proud / smile.

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by xolocious(m): 2:41am On Jun 01, 2020
ATM... 485,477 VIEWS AND STILL COUNTING... JUST FOR THIS POST OF YOURS. NOT FORGETTING YOU HAVE ANOTHER... YOU'VE EARNED YOURSELF THE RESPECT AND FOR THE FACT FEW PERSONS REPLY DOESN'T MEAN YOU'VE GOT LOW FOLLOWERS.
PLEASE CHANGE THE MENTALITY AND DO WHAT YOU KNOW HOW TO DO BEST.

3 Likes

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by shesaiditsbig: 4:21am On Jun 01, 2020
Let’s help you write better.

Get 1-year unlimited premium Grammarly access for just N6K. Get 1-year unlimited premium Grammarly access at N6K only (best offer anywhere)

Call/WhatsApp- 09056226512 or 08177880352

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 5:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
xolocious:
ATM... 485,477 VIEWS AND STILL COUNTING... JUST FOR THIS POST OF YOURS. NOT FORGETTING YOU HAVE ANOTHER... YOU'VE EARNED YOURSELF THE RESPECT AND FOR THE FACT FEW PERSONS REPLY DOESN'T MEAN YOU'VE GOT LOW FOLLOWERS.
PLEASE CHANGE THE MENTALITY AND DO WHAT YOU KNOW HOW TO DO BEST.

Bro, thanks for the encouragement.
It has really been awhile,
I hope you're good,
And I really appreciate your comment,
To be honest, I will really love to write a story,
But time, continuity is the problem,
Except I drop it bit by bit.
Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
Davidhero:

Hello Temy..

It's been long.

Please don't say that, some of us are still following this thread up till now. So please go ahead with the new story, those still here dey solidly behind you.

TIA

David Hero, Blessings...
Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by xolocious(m): 6:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
YungTemy:

Bro, thanks for the encouragement.
It has really been awhile,
I hope you're good,
And I really appreciate your comment,
To be honest, I will really love to write a story,
But time, continuity is the problem,
Except I drop it bit by bit.

Half bread is better than none. We'll appreciate it that way coz we've got no choice n we've been looking forward to your work.
Please bring it on. Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 05, 2020
YungTemy:

Honest truth is, I feel if I write a story again, nobody is gonna read it.

The literature section isn't as active as it used to be. I hardly see a post on the literature section on the front page of Nairaland and apart from that, people minds are preoccupied so so many things.

I guess, this is my excuse for not writing a story on nairaland. I will really love to do something, I've had so many interesting experiences that I will love to share most especially during my NYSC, but the vibe just ain't there no more.

Aww,don't be like that dear.Don't let that discourage you in anyway.Your stories are really good.I'm surprised that this is purely nonfiction.But it's really nice.I enjoyed every bits of it.I can't wait to read more.I'm looking forward to that.

3 Likes

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by xolocious(m): 7:24am On Mar 10, 2021
YungTemy:

Bro, thanks for the encouragement. It has really been awhile, I hope you're good, And I really appreciate your comment, To be honest, I will really love to write a story, But time, continuity is the problem, Except I drop it bit by bit.

Bros, we still dey wait oh.

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Sikpa04(m): 10:11am On Mar 10, 2021
Op no de use Nairaland again cry
Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by YungTemy(m): 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
xolocious:

Bros, we still dey wait oh.

shocked ... Where guy man wan come start from like this
Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by kakadinho0880: 5:23pm On Mar 10, 2021
YungTemy:

Start from anywherr
Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Pass11: 12:38pm On Mar 12, 2021
Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by xolocious(m): 11:03am On Mar 21, 2021
YungTemy:

Anywhere... Just start.

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Born2winnx: 8:07pm On Apr 20, 2021
Some street vibe

I rate this

7/10
Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by bashuayi(m): 9:54pm On Mar 28, 2022
Wow. Love your story
Re: My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). by Psady(m): 9:45am On Mar 30, 2022
Lol! I feel reading this story all over again, it was so interesting that I couldn't move an inch when I read it first. Great story by Temmy, we will realy appreciate if u continue from where u stopped. Please even if its once a week, we go manage am.

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (Reply)

Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.