Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

‘my Basic Education At Ota Gave Me An Edge’, ABU Overall Best - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ‘my Basic Education At Ota Gave Me An Edge’, ABU Overall Best (950 Views)

Chukwununso Nomeh, Prisoner Is NOUN Overall Best PG Student In Enugu / Chinasa Ufodu, Overall Best Graduating Student University Of Nigeria Nsukka / Nwankwo Florence Ngozi, University Of Jos Overall Best Graduating Student (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘my Basic Education At Ota Gave Me An Edge’, ABU Overall Best by Afeezoladapo(m): 8:55am On Dec 16, 2016
The overall best graduating student of the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in the 2015/2016 academic session, Kayode Ibrahim Awofe in an explicit interview with Voice
of Awori reiterated his achievement having graduated with
the cumulative grade point of 4.9 to the quality education which he got from Ota.

Can we meet you?

I am Kayode Ibrahim Awofe, from Ogun, I was born in
Ota. My father is from Akinbiye in Ewekoro while mother is from Idobi in Adatan. I spent all my life in Ota, where I attended the former Radiant International Nursery and Primary School in Sango Ota. Got double promotion to my Secondary school at Ansar-Ud-Deen Comprehensive College Ota and finished 2006/2007. While I struggled to get admission, I joined NDL in 2008 and worked till I got my diploma admission at Ahmadu Bello University in 2011. I Major in Insurance and graduated the Best
Diploma student in Insurance with a grade point of 75.79%. Upon graduation from my diploma program, I
rewrote JAMB and got admitted in 2012 to study
Business Administration. My excellent academic record
was pronounced with an award in my 100level as the
brainbox of my department with CGPA 5.00. I then
proceeded and concluded my 200level with 5.00, I won
award too. My 300level I dropped to 4.87 and won 3rd
prize NDIC scholarship with Brain Box. And my final year,
I rewrote 5.00 for the two semesters and won two
awards; Brain Box and Best in Banking and Finance. I
finally graduated with CGPA 4.90 for 2015/2016 academic session. On our convocation day, I realized i was the best in the faculty of administration. I was given a laptop and bag with a certificate to that effect and was also the Best Graduating Student.

How do you feel, being the best graduating student of ABU Zaria?

First I commend Allah with a feeling of ecstasy despite all the agony. My feeling will not be exhaustive if I don’t commend my mum who has been my pillar of success. Vividly I always recount her word which has kept me going to attain this
feat. She said ‘life can be more difficult when you realize that everything you call life was made by man’, she explained further and told me, son, you can change it, influence and/or control it. This was basically my drive. So, I thank God, my mum, my siblings, my father in the Lord, my academic adjudicator, friends and well-wishers with enthusiasm.

What were your immediate challenges during your days
as an undergraduate?

I faced quite lots of challenges amongst were;
First among all was coping with a new environment
without my usual Yoruba settings. Another challenge is the finance aspect which I’d already mapped out in my personal development. Thirdly, being the class representative, I was served a letter of impeachment in my second semester 200level but thank God I maintained my position after God’s intervention. Another challenges was when my course mate wrote to the department that I saw a course before the exam
(BUAD 303 Introduction to research), and was subsequently interviewed by a panel. Thank God for
making Malam Ibrahim Mohammed an instrument to vindicate me.

Would you attribute your success to the access to quality education which you got from Ota?

Indeed, the premise to this was my basic education in
Ota. To recall, my basic school was where individuality was emphasized with encouragement. My secondary education was a broader picture of this; we learnt independence among all odds with qualitative teaching. Thanks to the then principal, Mr Adepegba for his tool and style of leadership.

So, upon your graduation, what do you intend to do?

I do hope to be an Equity/investment Analyst, Risk
Hedgers or Advisor and the later part of my career to
serve humanity. To attain this based on your question in meantime, I want to engage myself with an Internship in line with my aforementioned career before NYSC; engage
in volunteering and humanitarian services, and
subsequently further my study...

http://www.voiceofawori.com.ng/index.php/2016/12/15/my-basic-education-at-ota-gave-me-an-edge-ahmadu-bello-university-best-graduating-student-kayode-ibrahim-awofe/

Re: ‘my Basic Education At Ota Gave Me An Edge’, ABU Overall Best by LordIsaac(m): 10:23am On Dec 16, 2016
I tap into it for my second degree....Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Finally SUG Presidents (senators) Resolves, Elect NANS JCC Delta Axis Executives / Dazzle Carpentry Training LTD Supporting Nigeria To Create Massive Employment / Top 10 Most Venomous Snakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.