Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land (14942 Views)

Buy 5 Plot Get One Free And Bag Of Rice / Distres Sale Three Bedroom On Full Plot Of Land For 3.5 / ACT FAST! ACT NOW! BUY 5 PLOT AND GET 1 FREE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by dogooder: 7:09am On Dec 21, 2016
I recommend you talk to this man on properties forum, he is aftatechbiz. He seems to be an honest man based on the job he has done for us before. His thread is here https://www.nairaland.com/3075906/construction-5-bedroom-duplex-ibadan
Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by saydfact(m): 7:16am On Dec 21, 2016
Udiboy:
Hello house,
Please how much will cost me to build a village house in Enugu.
My land is along the road and accessible.

I want to build a 5 BR duplex with 3 toilets and bathroom .
I am not really sure of the dimension but just seeking for knowledge on how much it wil cost me.
I have some money saved up but it's not upto 10M naira.
What do I do? Start and stop of wait to get more money?
Thank you.

Start NOW...
Cost of building increases by the month...

If you need 20 naira today but January it will be 20.2 naira.

Sharing the design wld have been ideal thou.

GoodLuck
Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by 2sexynet: 7:21am On Dec 21, 2016
Udiboy:

Thanks
spyder88 can help you. He is very cost friendly and economical.

2 Likes

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 21, 2016
Just do it. Just start. I asked same question on Nairaland in 2009. Truth is, you can hardly have all the money on ground.

2 Likes

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by greatiyk4u(m): 7:39am On Dec 21, 2016
it depends on ur location in Enugu considering the different soil structures and geography of Enugu state...

this is not actually the best time to build due to high cost of materials in the market but with about 10milliin you can get a portable duplex in many parts of Enugu

I am an Engr based in Enugu n won't hesitate to give u more advice as the case may b

for now you can start by moulding blocks

1 Like

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by fivestarrealty: 7:44am On Dec 21, 2016
I'm not a bulider but I have witnessed construction of buildings. 10 million wont be enough for a 5 bedroom duplex. Things are costly now. Remember you will paint and possibly tile the floors, buy windows, do plumbing and electrical works. Just keep 14 million and if there's change, its still your money. This is to avoid getting stranded or not finishing the house to your taste. I stay in Enugu so I know what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by unipol(m): 7:45am On Dec 21, 2016
Make use of Togolese builders, they are the cheapest labourers you can get in Nigeria today. Do everything yourself, like going to market, paying workers, monitoring the works. make choice according your pocket about the quality of material u want and the kind of design u will put it.

Your 10million will do wonders, even more than ur own expectations.

1 Like

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by greatiyk4u(m): 7:53am On Dec 21, 2016
unipol:
Make use of Togolese builders, they are the cheapest labourers you can get in Nigeria today. Do everything yourself, like going to market, paying workers, monitoring the works. make choice according your pocket about the quality of material u want and the kind of design u will put it.

Your 10million will do wonders, even more than ur own expectations.

u mean he shouldn't hire a professional to supervise a duplex with many structural members?......collapse is real ooooo

without a guild from someone with experience he will end up spending more using your advice

labourers charge more when they negotiate prices directly with the client who they know doesn't know the standard cost of their services

he will equally pay more for materials once he goes to market alone as far as Enugu market is concerned

commenting from experience

1 Like

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 21, 2016
greatiyk4u:
it depends on ur location in Enugu considering the different soil structures and geography of Enugu state...

this is not actually the best time to build due to high cost of materials in the market but with about 10milliin you can get a portable duplex in many parts of Enugu

I am an Engr based in Enugu n won't hesitate to give u more advice as the case may b

for now you can start by moulding blocks

Oga, what do you mean by 'portable duplex'??

Is that a new innovation in the building industry? Can one travel with a portable building?

1 Like

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by MrCyril(m): 7:57am On Dec 21, 2016
Udiboy:
Hello house,

I am not really sure of the dimension but just seeking for knowledge on how much it wil cost me.
Thank you.
I can cost the building for you, I will include quantities of material you will need and labour. Contact me on 08032765549, cidomick@yahoo.com
Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by mjbaba: 7:57am On Dec 21, 2016
greenermodels:
based on previous building experience, i would ask you to budget 15million, it can finish it if your taste is not too high.

For where
Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by greatiyk4u(m): 7:58am On Dec 21, 2016
gbosaa:

Is that a new innovation in the building industry? Can one travel with a portable building?

lolz........ i means a decent average in size duplex

1 Like

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by mjbaba: 7:59am On Dec 21, 2016
Guy, Budget 20-23m if your taste is modest.

1 Like

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by pweshboi(m): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2016
contact a quantity surveyor... the best advise anyone can give you is this

3 Likes

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by Chokmah(m): 8:17am On Dec 21, 2016
The main thing is that we tend to exaggerate things based on the book estimation of building stuffs...
In a more realistic note, 10m will go very far in giving you a satisfactory completion since the site;
ls not located in an urban region,
Its not a forest but merely shrub occupied,
Not swampy that may need raft or complicated pile foundations.
Already have an accessible road.
Note: In building, what is aimed at is a functional structure that floats within the budgeted sum i.e it must be economical.
Things to do...
1. Manage it yourself, if you should give it to someone to manage it will definitely accrue much expenses.
2. Be economical in all expenses but don't be a miser.
3. Employ local but experienced contractors and workmen.
4. In anything requiring large supplies like paints, cement, roof and carcass, ceiling, window etc go directly to the company or authentic dealer. "Discount" is the main issue here.
God bless you and your hard work...

2 Likes

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by greenermodels: 8:30am On Dec 21, 2016
mjbaba:

For where
in enugu.unlike Lagos, you don't need a raft foundation and gravel is the norm in most parts of the se/ss.so how much do you think would be enough?
Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by danizy14bd: 8:36am On Dec 21, 2016
million naira will give a 3 bedroom flat with verry good finishes. ....just get 17 million naira
Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by ausproxi(m): 9:10am On Dec 21, 2016
I think 10M should be able to get to the roof if your taste are not too high

Meanwhile check my signature

1 Like

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by supajizy(m): 9:45am On Dec 21, 2016
Get a professional builder or quantity surveyor to prepare an estimate for you after getting ur architectural drawings and structural drawings. Note the kind of finishes and building size increases cost. U can build a five bedroom duplex with that amount but cost is relative to size and quality

1 Like

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by ejikeme(m): 9:51am On Dec 21, 2016
Udiboy:
Hello house,

Thank you.

Are you here for opinion or you here to source for who will get the work done?
Which part of udi?? Eke? Egede? Aboh? Amokwe? Awhum? Etc?
Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by oknee: 10:05am On Dec 21, 2016
Udiboy:
Hello house,

Thank you.

Why don't you build a very beautiful bungalow and use the change for furnishings.

2 Likes

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by Xtopher123(m): 10:24am On Dec 21, 2016
First, Ill advice you contact a professional, itll save you much more than you can think..

You can contact me for that.. For the cost, it depends on the brief you give me and the design..
The cost depends on so many factors: Site location, Building type, Choice of Material, Engineer's Specifications and Finishes..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 21, 2016
eghosajohnny:

You can send me a mail on this mail address
Johnontop14@yahoo.com
That house is beautiful mehn wow.
How much would it cost to build something like that in this recession. I mean from start to finish.
Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by jamalnation(m): 11:09am On Dec 21, 2016
Udiboy:
Hello house,

Thank you.

PM me
Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by Kelvinpam(m): 12:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
Polyphony:

That house is beautiful mehn wow.
How much would it cost to build something like that in this recession. I mean from start to finish.

Exactly,I am interested in the subject matter.

Eghosajohnny kindly reply.
Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by Kobicove(m): 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2016
I seriously doubt if N10 million can build a stadard 5 bedroom bungalow.

It will definitely NOT build a duplex, not even in the village where costs are low
Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by NovusHomo(m): 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
gbosaa:

grin grin
Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by chidex167: 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
GREAT OPPORTUNITY!! A FULL PLOT OF LAND AT 6TH AVENUE, FESTAC TOWN FOR SALE. PRICE: #10M. OWNER'S LINES: 08158191014, 08068206922. PLS FWD TO OTHERS. TNKS
Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by splendid2: 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2016
Jst when u are ready, I will supply you block at the cheapest rate
splenaija@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2016
Do you already own the plot? the amount will go far if you want to build a bungalow, sha.

Do basic german roofing with longspan (avoid cascading roof too expensive)

You should be able to complete block work and roofing if its a bungalow, what will eat your funds is the german floor and the roofing.

Other things like plumbing, electricals and alumaco can be done gradually over time.

Work according to your budget , don't copy people and don't compromise on quality, wait if you have to.

3 Likes

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by dalof2000: 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2016
Oga Spyder, finders fee dey applicable o... if contract click.
spyder880:

Am here, and I know Udi inside-outside cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land by louken(m): 6:38am On Jan 09, 2017
spyder880:

You will go very far with N10m. It will depend on your choices.

1. Local stones vs chippings
2. Personally managed vs contractor managed
3. Parapet type, or no parapet
4. Roofing material (aluminium, stone coated, and types)

Each choice has its merits and demerits, and might add or remove some money from the budget.

Oga Spyder please help me with this puzzle. How many trips of local stones is equivalent to 30 tonnes of chippings quantity wise.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch / Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank / Developing A Two-storey Building (6nos 2-bedroom Flats) in Portharcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.