Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES (924 Views)

Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard / NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES by jenny2007(f): 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2007
Is there anyone here who has had or knows anyone else who has any experience with customs at Nigerian Ports and other customs-controlled areas like the airports? Be kind to share your experiences with others.
For those of you who have had experiences at the Nigerian ports – how difficult is it to get cleared for imported products (especially banned imports)?
Someone told me that the officers go as far as transporting the goods to their “customers” final destination if they are “settled” well (you all know what I mean).
And how difficult is it to get through the loop-holes in the Banned Importation List. For example, part 2 of the Banned Imports List 2004 bans the importation of ball-point pens, and not pens in general. Does anyone have an up-to-date list of the current prohibited items?
Re: SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES by jenny2007(f): 12:07pm On Jan 15, 2007
SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES
« on: January 10, 2007, 12:24 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there anyone here who has had or knows anyone else who has any experience with customs at Nigerian Ports and other customs-controlled areas like the airports? Be kind to share your experiences with others.
For those of you who have had experiences at the Nigerian ports – how difficult is it to get cleared for imported products (especially banned imports)?
Someone told me that the officers go as far as transporting the goods to their “customers” final destination if they are “settled” well (you all know what I mean).
And how difficult is it to get through the loop-holes in the Banned Importation List. For example, part 2 of the Banned Imports List 2004 bans the importation of ball-point pens, and not pens in general. Does anyone have an up-to-date list of the current prohibited items?
Re: SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES by egoldman(m): 8:31am On Jan 17, 2007
Are you being a good Nigerian by importing banned goods ? wink wink
Re: SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES by jenny2007(f): 11:47am On Jan 17, 2007
i dont suppose that you read my post properly. Reply again when you have. Thank You.
Re: SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES by egoldman(m): 12:11pm On Jan 17, 2007
I took it that you wanted to know how you would get pass the airport with banned goods ,but if this is not the case ,am sorry and hope you would understand,no hard feelings smiley

(1) (Reply)

Can You Supply Beads And Its Accessories? / Atm Scam Mails Are Now As Common As The 419 E-mails / Eur/usd 1.4317 - 5 September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.