Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 - Properties (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 (46254 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? / How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little / Factors To Consider When Buying / Renting A House - Comfortable Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 4:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
Olodapsing:

Thanks for the swift response Sir.

German floor area = 160m²

Total Wall for plastering = 170m

So I need estimations for German floor (using 100mm thick concrete) = 70 bags of cement, 15 tonnes sand, 28 tonnes granite
Plastering materials - 30 bags, about 10 tonnes of plaster sand
Labour cost = German flr about 70k and plastering/dressing about 100 -150k

Thanks again

Share the quote you got with me, it also helps me review or modify my methodologies.

Goodluck
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Olodapsing(m): 5:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
saydfact:

Share the quote you got with me, it also helps me review or modify my methodologies.

Goodluck

Thank you very much.

Below is what he sent, I think he made a mistake with the quantity of cement.

Calculating of the 4inch floor
gravel _ 3 tipers
Sharp sand_2 tipers
Cement_30 bag's
Water.............
Wmship=75,000

for the plastering
Plastering sand_5 tipers
90_bags of cement
Water...........
Wmship=195,000
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Olodapsing(m): 5:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
Can I compromise with the German floor thickness?
Maybe to like 75mm
The land is really a good land, we got something like the attached while digging the foundation

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 9:12am On Jun 06, 2020
Olodapsing:
Can I compromise with the German floor thickness?
Maybe to like 75mm
The land is really a good land, we got something like the attached while digging the foundation

if I say yes, dem go query me for here oooohhhhh
lol

Fund and Quality na words and opposite - in the worst case (fund), do it.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Olodapsing(m): 2:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
saydfact:

if I say yes, dem go query me for here oooohhhhh
lol

Fund and Quality na words and opposite - in the worst case (fund), do it.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin All clear Sir

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by emy9ja(m): 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
Hello broda

Your thread is really educative and enlightening. Do keep it up for us.

Pls I want to know if there are reliable people doing terrazo floors in Edo State particularly Etsako region. If you have any pls share and the cost implications for a four bedroom apartment.

Thanks a bunch bro
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 8:05am On Jun 08, 2020
emy9ja:
Hello broda

Your thread is really educative and enlightening. Do keep it up for us.

Pls I want to know if there are reliable people doing terrazo floors in Edo State particularly Etsako region. If you have any pls share and the cost implications for a four bedroom apartment.

Thanks a bunch bro

Thanks boss for the good words.

Unfortunately, I do not have any contact on terrazzo... More so in Edo.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by PatryG: 6:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
Thanks for this educative and informative thread.
Please I need to know the disadvantage if any of using less clayey laterite for back filling.
Thanks.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
PatryG:
Thanks for this educative and informative thread.
Please I need to know the disadvantage if any of using less clayey laterite for back filling.
Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words.. Well appreciated.

Off course, the less clayey laterite is best, because clay is very sticky and hard to compact.

Normal Laterite is perfect or sharp / filling sand which is more expensive.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Hallynice(m): 11:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
Very educative
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by PatryG: 1:06am On Jun 29, 2020
saydfact:

Thanks for the kind words.. Well appreciated.

Off course, the less clayey laterite is best, because clay is very sticky and hard to compact.

Normal Laterite is perfect or sharp / filling sand which is more expensive.
Really thank you and equally grateful for the unexpected timely response.

Sorry to bother you, may I know the cost of 20ton laterite? I'll be grateful if you have a contact that can supply us in Ibadan.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 9:38am On Jun 29, 2020
PatryG:

Really thank you and equally grateful for the unexpected timely response.

Sorry to bother you, may I know the cost of 20ton laterite? I'll be grateful if you have a contact that can supply us in Ibadan.
Thanks.

In lagos we buy a tipper for about 20k, can't say for Ibadan.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by PatryG: 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2020
saydfact:

In lagos we buy a tipper for about 20k, can't say for Ibadan.
Thanks for the response Sir.
I was linked to a supplier this morning who gave a quote of #28K for 20 tons. Do you think this is a good deal Sir?
Thanks
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
PatryG:

Thanks for the response Sir.
I was linked to a supplier this morning who gave a quote of #28K for 20 tons. Do you think this is a good deal Sir?
Thanks

YES - it is
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by PatryG: 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2020
saydfact:

YES - it is
Thanks Sir.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Topmost11(m): 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2020
This is double wall done in the foundation, is it okay and would prevent collapse/ gaps/breakaway in future? Also, if I can't afford German floor, what else can I do for I am told not doing it leads to wet walls. And should I fill laterite or continue the structure and do laterite later. Thanks

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 10:21am On Jul 04, 2020
Topmost11:
This is double wall done in the foundation, is it okay and would prevent collapse/ gaps/breakaway in future? Also, if I can't afford German floor, what else can I do for I am told not doing it leads to wet walls. And should I fill laterite or continue the structure and do laterite later. Thanks

The height isn't looking too high... But it's safer to have a short column if there's need for double wall or where more than 4 courses are visible after the land.

If you can't afford German floor, do the laterite filling at least and always prevent trees from growing inside the foundation.

OR instead of the column and double wall, you can fill the outside where more than 4 courses are exposed to cover more blocks.. The idea is to resist the pressure from inside the foundation trying to push the wall outward.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Topmost11(m): 4:32am On Jul 18, 2020
How many blocks will go right round a land of 50 by 100 ie perimeter? Thanks
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 9:53pm On Jul 18, 2020
Topmost11:
How many blocks will go right round a land of 50 by 100 ie perimeter? Thanks

200 blocks per Course
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Ogborokiri(m): 9:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
I need a estimate for self contain
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by emy9ja(m): 6:49am On Jul 20, 2020
saydfact:

Thanks

Ok. Thanks brother.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by temi4fash(m): 7:45pm On Aug 03, 2020
saydfact:

Thanks

Oga Saydfact,

Thank you for all you do.

We want to start building on a land that has a foundation already and we intend to to the German floor.

It would be 2 flats up and 4 one room and palour flat downstairs.

It seem it was 12mm rod that was used in the foundation. Is it OK to continue to use it as it going to be a storey building or we change it.

Thank yoh
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2020
temi4fash:

Oga Saydfact,

Thank you for all you do.

We want to start building on a land that has a foundation already and we intend to to the German floor.

It would be 2 flats up and 4 one room and palour flat downstairs.

It seem it was 12mm rod that was used in the foundation. Is it OK to continue to use it as it going to be a storey building or we change it.

Thank yoh

Thanks for your kind words.

My advice would be to change please...
Thanks and may God make it easy.

The 12mm would still be useful for lintels..
Goodluck
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by temi4fash(m): 8:41am On Aug 04, 2020
saydfact:

Thanks for your kind words.

My advice would be to change please...
Thanks and may God make it easy.

The 12mm would still be useful for lintels..
Goodluck

Thank you sir.

Since the foundation has been done before we got the land.We should dig out and remove all the 12mm and change to 16mm before we do the German floor.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 11:34am On Aug 04, 2020
temi4fash:

Thank you sir.

Since the foundation has been done before we got the land.We should dig out and remove all the 12mm and change to 16mm before we do the German floor.

wink wink wink
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by temi4fash(m): 11:51am On Aug 04, 2020
saydfact:

wink wink wink

Thanks for your support.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Topmost11(m): 5:08am On Sep 18, 2020
My 3-bedroom building is presently at dpc level(I am doing the filling). I am seriously considering using cement stabilised bricks(mortar or mortarless, I am undecided on that yet). And i don't want to plaster both in and out. From pictures i have seen and actual construction sites visited, i realise I need to incorporate columns. I am guessing the columns are for load bearing for the roof structure. But, i do not have columns on the present structure. Do i break the necessary places and introduce the columns or it is too late? Also funds are not readily available so I am building as the funds come from savings and other means. What I am looking at is if I finally decide to go for bricks, I will suspend building and produce total bricks I need, get other materials ready for roofing and get everything done at once(laying of bricks and roofing) during a dry season. I can use the period of wait to gather all necessary materials and generally get ready. Please kindly advise. Thank you.

PS: is it colour that is added to the mortar to change the colour to the reddish brown?. If I decide on mortar as binder, I will prefer the colour to be same as the bricks and not the ash/white of normal cement( dangote/elephant etc). I just love bricks for the aesthetics.
I have about 450 9" blocks and 600 6" blocks on ground. I don't see hem as waste as I will used them to do 3 courses of blocks before completing the rest with bricks. The 6" leftovers can still be used for fencing. Thanks.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 8:04am On Sep 19, 2020
Topmost11:
My 3-bedroom building is presently at dpc level(I am doing the filling). I am seriously considering using cement stabilised bricks(mortar or mortarless, I am undecided on that yet). And i don't want to plaster both in and out. From pictures i have seen and actual construction sites visited, i realise I need to incorporate columns. I am guessing the columns are for load bearing for the roof structure. But, i do not have columns on the present structure. Do i break the necessary places and introduce the columns or it is too late? Also funds are not readily available so I am building as the funds come from savings and other means. What I am looking at is if I finally decide to go for bricks, I will suspend building and produce total bricks I need, get other materials ready for roofing and get everything done at once(laying of bricks and roofing) during a dry season. I can use the period of wait to gather all necessary materials and generally get ready. Please kindly advise. Thank you.

PS: is it colour that is added to the mortar to change the colour to the reddish brown?. If I decide on mortar as binder, I will prefer the colour to be same as the bricks and not the ash/white of normal cement( dangote/elephant etc). I just love bricks for the aesthetics.
I have about 450 9" blocks and 600 6" blocks on ground. I don't see hem as waste as I will used them to do 3 courses of blocks before completing the rest with bricks. The 6" leftovers can still be used for fencing. Thanks.

i replied earlier but got banned and post deleted
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 8:08am On Sep 19, 2020
Topmost11:

1. Brick is more expensive, more durable and if properly done more beautiful (pleasing to the eye)

2. Normally for bungalow, there's no need for columns except at entrance porch AND if soil is NOT stable (send pics of land and building to enable me advice properly

3. Depending on the choose of brick, there could be need to plaster or not plaster; also the workmen MUST be real good and precise if you wont be plastering.

Thanks for the comments and GOODLUCK
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by rabzy: 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hello guys,

What's the current cost for 20 tons sharp sand now in lagos.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Kvngwitty(m): 7:49pm On Nov 17, 2020
Hello please who has a well 3bedroom plan for an half plot of land

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Distressed 3-Storey Building At No 7, Sule Close, Apapa / Iganmu: LASEMA Raises / How To Prevent Your Prepaid Electricity Meter Card From Running Out Fast / Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.