Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,966 members, 7,803,204 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. (12883 Views)

Let Go Of Your Past / Married Women Reveal Shocking Reasons Why They Take Off Their Wedding Ring / Do You Need Help Finding Your Future Spouse ? Let Us Help - Matchmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by opelyem(m): 5:48am On Dec 17, 2016
We all have pasts. There are some of this past that we don't wish to remember not to talk of telling someone else. Guys do you think it is reasonable to let our future spouse know our past? If YES, then how much should he/she know? At what stage of our relationship should we reveal the pasts?
If NO, why should he/she not know?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 17, 2016
IMHO I think we should always tell our spouses our past, no matter how sordid it may appear...if they're our actual spouses, they'd forgive and understand.

But just make sure you are actually sure of your stance with the said spouse. Because you may think you're the only spouse while you may just be another option. So make sure it's a committed relationship first to avoid opening yourself and getting heart broken.
Meanwhile check my signature.

16 Likes

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by marshalcarter: 6:56am On Dec 17, 2016
dats if she's an understandin person undecided ...no need to hide anythingsmiley but if she's the wanama type...abeg just STFU nd play along cos a little bit of misunderstandin...even CNN go hear amgrin

6 Likes

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by sisisioge: 7:08am On Dec 17, 2016
Why not? All cards on the table dude, what's so daunting about the past that can't be heard.?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by opelyem(m): 9:52am On Dec 17, 2016
sisisioge:
Why not? All cards on the table dude, what's so daunting about the past that can't be heard.?

What if there is possibility of him/her using that past to get back at you in d future?

1 Like

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by sisisioge: 9:59am On Dec 17, 2016
opelyem:

What if there is possibility of him/her using that past to get back at you in d future?

No qualms... nothing the world never hear before. Besides, wetin I do wey dey so whacky? All cards on the table dude.

6 Likes

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by Odunharry(m): 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2016
Yes.. Will tell her every detail n expect her to be open too. There's nothing that's new

1 Like

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by Viking007(m): 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2016
Some, not all...Like they say: Some things are better left unsaid.

31 Likes

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by midehi2(f): 3:01pm On Dec 19, 2016
sure, more reason he loves me so much wink

1 Like

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by ayodejijoshua(m): 3:01pm On Dec 19, 2016
yes bt not all oohhhhh
Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by hemartins(m): 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
Definitely. I would tell her. I've got nothing to hide.

1 Like

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by TINALETC3(f): 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
Yeah bt make sure u do Dat at d beginning of d relationship, so dat if he cnt cope, he shud beta leav on time

9 Likes

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by Dc4life(m): 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
The past is the past and should remain in the past,
Don't sweat it or regret it, just move on and forget it. wink

10 Likes

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by Naughtytboy: 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
Yea but not the one I sucked my sexy cousin's pussy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by jmoore(m): 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
Team virgin, nothing to hide .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
My past?nope,i cant and i dont want to knw about his past as well.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by tonquendo4u(m): 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
Ar u high?for what?

1 Like

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by SWORD419(m): 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
Not all shiit, cox u can cause pees to ur relationship if u say some stuffs,
Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by mosho2good: 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
YES

since we have decided to spend d rest of our lives together there is nothing to hide in case in d future she won't be seeing and hearing different kinds of story about from anyone apart from my family...

5 Likes

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by Turks: 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
YES!

Sometimes, your past comes back to bite you in the as.s

7 Likes

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by TheBossLadyK(f): 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
sure, but...........
Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by tammie24: 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
Not advisable!
Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2016

In Nigeria : No, Nigerians dey hide secret well well

In USA : My girlfriend tells me everything, even the people she had sex with before she met me

But as a Naija boy, i won't tell my spouse my past, even the future

4 Likes

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by jmoore(m): 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
Some folks are of the opinion that "what happens in vegas stays in vegas".

A- A woman who has aborted, should she tell her fiance?

B- A man that was a serial rapist, should he tell his fiancee?

C- A man that was a murderer and ritual killer, should he tell his fiancee?

D- A woman that was a prostitute, should she tell her fiance?

If you find any of these ugly past about your partner five years into the marriage, what would be your reaction?

6 Likes

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by chronique(m): 3:06pm On Dec 19, 2016
Yes. So long has it has everything to do with our relationship. I don't want to start hearing unnecessary rumours or stories about her so the best bet is to know everything from the word go. More so,i love to be free, and do not like keeping secrets.
Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by dhardline(m): 3:06pm On Dec 19, 2016
Sure. Why not
Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by MAKABBEY(m): 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2016
if u tell ur bf dat u av aborted 3 times, den he will make u to abort the fourth one, and dump u ... so not all truth are to be told.... dat why der is word lyk secrets....

1 Like

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by dyabman(m): 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2016
I as a person please don't tell me about your past and i won't tell you mine. I'll definitely get back at her whenever i smell her past in the future
Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by BrightEye(m): 3:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hmm.... I have got some dark pasts. My ex suspected this past secret about my life, and I observed how eager she was to leave me if she had found out it's true. I however managed to convince her I am clean, but we later separated over a minor issue.

If you find the love of your life, she/he will understand. But if you suspect she/he won't, and you don't want to lose her/him, you better keep it secret. And take that unwanted feeling of having to keep some dark secrets for the rest of your life, as a punishment to your past dark deeds.

1 Like

Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by izzy4shizzy(m): 3:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
Nah mehn.... but I strongly recommend that if u cant handle the truth dont seek to know,...there is comfort in not knowing..
Re: Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. by Cutezt(m): 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
The Past Is Needed To Understand The Present.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? / MOTHERS’ DAY: A Poem Dedicated To All Mothers / What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.