Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Pep Admits Struggle To Adapt To Premier League. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pep Admits Struggle To Adapt To Premier League. (641 Views)

Mikel Obi To Return To To Premier League / NFF Must Adapt Westerhoff’s Approach: Taribo West Insists / Victor Moses: From An Asylum-Seeking Orphan To Premier League Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pep Admits Struggle To Adapt To Premier League. by abdulkayus(m): 6:45am On Dec 17, 2016
The ex-Barcelona coach has acknowledged he is finding it hard
to get his current charges playing his way due to the direct
approach of their opponents
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola admits the physical
nature of the Premier League has surprised him and he feels
Chelsea are the only other team trying to build play from the
back.
Guardiola made a name for himself at Barcelona and Bayern
Munich with his possession-based style, which brought him a host
of trophies while cementing his reputation as one of the world's
premier coaches.
But the manager confessed that he has been struggling to get
City playing his way due to the direct approach of many of their
opponents.
"I try to play in one way all my career and here, for example
with high pressing, when they have the ball we go to pick them
up, it is not allowed, because it is not allowed. Many times the
ball is more in the air than the grass, and I have to adapt,"
Guardiola told Sky Sports .
"I was in Munich and spoke with Xabi Alonso, and he said: 'You
have to adapt, it's the second ball, the second ball!' But really,
you have to adapt to the second ball, and the third ball, and
the fourth!
"I never before was focused on that, because in Barcelona or in
Spain, more or less the players try to play for the culture.
"That's why they won World Cups, and they won the Euros, won
the Champions Leagues, the Europa Leagues, all the time, all of
the years, Spanish teams are in the latter stages, all of the
teams.
"In Germany it was more physical, but not like here. Here it is
all the teams, except maybe Chelsea because Antonio [Conte] is
playing really well and having them build up, but the other
teams are taller, stronger, physical, and you have to adapt and
build from that."

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4071/premier-league/2016/12/17/30577682/the-ball-is-in-the-air-more-than-on-the-ground-pep-admits

1 Like

Re: Pep Admits Struggle To Adapt To Premier League. by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 17, 2016
Him never see chin chon chun
Re: Pep Admits Struggle To Adapt To Premier League. by hernandson(m): 7:08am On Dec 17, 2016
We all said it bros, i won coach 4 england i won coach 4 england u c ur sef
Re: Pep Admits Struggle To Adapt To Premier League. by kingphilip(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2016
His success in England will either boost or reduce his reps in the coaching world

Thegoodjoe see your coach o
Re: Pep Admits Struggle To Adapt To Premier League. by capatainrambo: 7:52am On Dec 17, 2016
the big teams wey epl to many sha
just imagine City vs Chelsea City vs pool City vs spurs City vs Southampton
even
City vs man utd City vs westbrom
these teams can beat city infact flog them
Re: Pep Admits Struggle To Adapt To Premier League. by helper01(m): 8:06am On Dec 17, 2016
thank God! he has voiced out at last, to be a dominating factor in English league is not easy.
Re: Pep Admits Struggle To Adapt To Premier League. by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:12am On Dec 17, 2016
kingphilip:
His success in England will either boost or reduce his reps in the coaching world

Thegoodjoe see your coach o

You did not get his point. He is not talking about just winning games but teams not playing to a particular standard. The referees allow lots of foul plays. During set pieces, people got to foul keepers and a lot of times the referees allow such go on. The fans see nothing wrong in it. It is all about the winnings.

What Pep is pointing out (last paragraph) is that this does not yield long and consistent success. Pep will find a way to make his system work, despite the negativity surrounding his game. He will adapt his system to battle the negative culture. He will not lose his identity.

It is difficult adapting but not impossible.

(1) (Reply)

2016/17 Premier League Players Stats – Top Scorer, Assist, Passes, Saves So Far / STOP HERE FOR DAILY 2-3ODDS / Recover My Bet365 Password And Get Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.