Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? (30079 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

Provide the original translation and show where Edom is absent in it.

This is you in another thread.

dalaman:

What are you talking about?

This proves my point exactly that the Koran is just a book written by men as such men will have to translate it differently and interpret it differently as well. Nothing in the Koran suggest it is divine in anyway . Based on the majority of other translations we can see that it was not even talking about the moon reflecting the light of the sun. The translation you used seem to be an outlier and hence it should be discarded since it goes far off from majority of the other translations. I can't prove that it is not supposed to be interpreted in a particular way because like everything in religion, you guys just keep making things up and giving it your own personal interpretations. It can clearly be seen from the different translations that the people are translating it according to their own wishes and making it agree with their own opinions.

I didn't translate those verses, I only showed you what other translations have stated and it comes nothing close to the moon reflecting the light of the sun. It says nothing like that. As for the part about Muslims killing Jews and Christians the actual verse might truly mean that Muslims are to kill the Jews and Christians but the Muslims living today will have to interpret it differently, because they know that killing Jews and Christians is impossible. If they try it there will be no Muslim on earth today. So they will have to re-translate it or re-interpret it to suit the realities on ground. Making things as you go is the life blood of all religions, that is why there are many different sects and many different interpretations because everything is always based on the opinion of others. Like any man made thing there is no universally accepted interpretation of anything, it always differs

This is you on this thread

dalaman:

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and is expected to outstrip Christianity by the end of the century.

The number of Muslims will grow more than twice as fast as the world's population from now until 2050, the Pew Research Center has said.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/islam-fastest-growing-religion-overtake-6986333

The predictions of Allah that Islam will take over the world is true. Cry as much as you want but the Koran remains the true revealed word of the creator of the universe.

You see that it is not today u started talking with 2 sides of your mouth.

Shameless.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 10:49pm On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

So says the guy that has just been caught lying about manuscript.

Quiet, the Ethiopian bible and the KJV are the most complete earliest versions.
None has Edom there.

Take a seat mehn.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
Dalaman has been brutally destroyed grin grin

AGAIN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Damogull: 10:56pm On Dec 18, 2016
felixomor:

Shameless.

hahahahahahaha Dalaman see how you are lying without shame...But why bro why? Is it just to score cheap points and win arguments? Are you this insecure?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 11:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
Damogull:

Dalaman you have a way of being so puerile and it makes me ashamed of you to be honest.

Yesterday you had the opportunity to carry out a research but lied that you did when you did not and you exposed yourself. Now you are asking for the original manuscripts when you have free access to research material in your hands so you can quickly use your findings to refute or confirm that which has been said.

That being said Edom was not the Original word..The original word is ESAU. ESAU is used the original manuscript. Edomites are descendants of ESAU but ESAU was used in the original manuscript.

Feel free to call me a liar as you like doing but sometimes show some intelligence by actually doing research and growing in true knowledge.

This mad man is here again. Esau? Show me one translation that has the word Esau in it. Just one.

You still haven't shown me the ichthyologists that told you all the nonsense you spewed here yesterday.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 11:14pm On Dec 18, 2016
Damogull:

hahahahahahaha Dalaman see how you are lying without shame...But why bro why? Is it just to score cheap points and win arguments? Are you this insecure?

The guy has 3 mouths.
Yeye dey smell.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 11:20pm On Dec 18, 2016
felixomor:

Quiet, the Ethiopian bible and the KJV are the most complete earliest versions.
None has Edom there.

Take a seat mehn.

The KJV that is riddled with so much errors that a NKJV had to be made. The entire KJV was translated from a Greek manuscript. The OT of the KJV wasn't even traslated from the original Hebrew manuscript.

https://bible.org/article/why-i-do-not-think-king-james-bible-best-translation-available-today
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 11:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

The KJV that is riddled with so much errors that a NKJV had to be made. The entire KJV was translated from a Greek manuscript. The OT of the KJV wasn't even traslated from the original Hebrew manuscript.

https://bible.org/article/why-i-do-not-think-king-james-bible-best-translation-available-today

Guy, i cant discuss translations with somebody who has 3 mouths.
Sorry.
To talk with one voice is a basic human requirement.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 11:23pm On Dec 18, 2016
felixomor:

Shameless.

How does this help your case about the early manuscripts?

As for speaking from both sides of my mouth, all I was dping was showing you that another God can be used to destroy what ever claim you make about your own God and I did that pretty well with Allah. There is nothing you can say about your God that muslims haven't stated or can't say about Allah if they want to.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 11:24pm On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

How does this help your case about the early manuscripts?

As for speaking from both sides of my mouth, all I was dping was showing you that another God can be used to destroy what ever claim you make about your own God and I did that pretty well with Allah. There is nothing you can say about your God that muslims haven't stated or can't say about Allah if they want to.

Hehehehe......
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 11:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
felixomor:

Guy, i cant discuss translations with somebody who has 3 mouths.
Sorry.
To talk with one voice is a basic human requirement.

So your word of God has translation errors? Word of God indeed.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 11:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

So you the word of God has translation errors? Word of God indeed.

No response.
I dont even know which of your mouths, I am responding to.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by edogho(m): 5:34am On Dec 19, 2016
Dumbest thread of the decade.

How can one expect another to go find proof for their own claim, their own claim?

Just like asking someone on an anonymous forum like nairaland to prove my dad is not Donald Trump

These peeps sha

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by MrMontella(m): 7:24am On Dec 19, 2016
felixomor:

Quiet, the Ethiopian bible and the KJV are the most complete earliest versions. None has Edom there.
Take a seat mehn.
this is nonsense bro grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 8:24am On Dec 19, 2016
MrMontella:

this is nonsense bro grin grin grin

Oh, your wikipedia has started working now?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by LiberaDeus: 9:12am On Dec 19, 2016
You christians are pathetic

So now its just the KJV and the Ethiopian bible that are correct. So your beloved word of god has been tampered with.

I hope you know that the KJV wasnt translated well thats why a NKJV was created.

The verse in Isaiah has Edom in it. Thats not the only prophecy in the bible that failed.

There are prophecies about Tyre being destroyed, about egypt not being inhabited for 40 years, prophecies about the 2nd coming and they all failed.

Lets not even go down that route

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Ranchhoddas: 9:57am On Dec 19, 2016
So who was David talking about in Psalm 14:1?
KingEbukasBlog:
Atheism remains a man made idea started by Diagoras of Melos 2500 years ago !!!
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by MrMontella(m): 10:45am On Dec 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
i've begged him to use his alledged ''critical'' thinking skills...

Yet he refuses and spills out his usual argumentum ad nauseam like a crybabygrin grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Ranchhoddas: 10:47am On Dec 19, 2016
MrMontella:

i've begged him to use his alledged ''critical'' thinking skills...

Yet he refuses and spills out his usual argumentum ad nauseam like a crybabygrin grin
Hehehehe...
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 10:57am On Dec 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

It could be people in the future.

It could be anybody.

Just as
David wrote "blessed is the man"

Doesnt mean the man is existing or not existing.

Its only a description of identity.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 11:01am On Dec 19, 2016
felixomor:

It could be anybody.

Just as

And he couldn't be talking about people at that time because?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Ranchhoddas: 11:03am On Dec 19, 2016
felixomor:

It could be anybody.

Just as

My eyes have seen my ears. David was not only a king, he was also a prophet. Cc: MrMontella
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 11:06am On Dec 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
My eyes have seen my ears. David was not only a king, he was also a prophet. Cc: MrMontella

Eiya.
So u just got to know that?

Google "david as a prophet" .
David even prophecied the entrance of Jesus after His resurrection from the grave.

Eiya, dey there..
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 11:07am On Dec 19, 2016
dalaman:

And he couldn't be talking about people at that time because?

I understand the bible better than you.

Sorry to say.
No pride intended.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 11:09am On Dec 19, 2016
felixomor:

I understand the bible better than you.

Sorry to say.
No pride intended.

Then use your understanding to tell us why it can not be the people at that time .
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 11:15am On Dec 19, 2016
dalaman:

Then use your understanding to tell us why it can not be the people at that time .

The wisdom and poetry section of the bible: Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and some parts of Job

Make use of generic description of attributes.

Example

"He who walks in the secret place of the Most High"

In Psalm 91 is a generic description of an ideal man

The passage does not mean whether the man exists or not
He may exist or may not exist.
He only wants u to see what that man gets to gain
And in the case of Psalm 14, he also only wants u to see what a person who says no God is.

Plain.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Ranchhoddas: 11:15am On Dec 19, 2016
felixomor:

Eiya.

David even prophecied the entrance of Jesus after His resurrection from the grave.

Eiya, dey there..
Abeg show me the verse.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 11:16am On Dec 19, 2016
felixomor:

Eiya.

Eiya, dey there..

If you meet a Jewish Rabbi and show him the verse where you claim David phrophecied about Jesus. The Jewish Rabbi will tell you you are lying even.though you are reading from the same.text and about the same person.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 11:16am On Dec 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Abeg show me the verse.

Just google "david as prophet"

No time for long story today.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 11:17am On Dec 19, 2016
dalaman:

If you meet a Jewish Rabbi and show him the verse where you claim David phrophecied about Jesus. The Jewish Rabbi will tell you you are lying even.though you are reading from the same.text and about the same person.

Thats "your" jewish rabbi
"My jewish" rabbi agrees.

I hope u know Paul was a Jew ?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 11:19am On Dec 19, 2016
felixomor:

The wisdom and poetry section of the bible: Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and some parts of Job

Make use of generic description of attributes.

Example

"He who walks in the secret place of the Most High"

In Psalm 91 is a generic description of an ideal man

The passage does not mean whether the man exists or not
He may exist or may not exist.
He only wants u to see what that man gets to gain
And in the case of Psalm 14, he also only wants u to see what a person who says no God is.

Plain.

You said he may or may not exist meaning you are just speculating.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Ranchhoddas: 11:19am On Dec 19, 2016
I hope say if I call you 'google theologian' tomorrow you no go vex?
felixomor:

Just google "david as prophet"

No time for long story today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Be Free From Masturbation In The Name Of Jesus Christ. / It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously / Explosion Rocks Catholic Church In Umuahia (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.