Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s (2583 Views)

Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences / Share Some Of Your Bitter Experiences As A Result Of COVID-19. / Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by MzzAmiable(f): 12:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
Christmas in the 90s was the best. The flamaboyant lifestyles we see each day lately were reserved for the season of christmas.

It was epic, it was fun but some of the things will have no meaning to 2000 babies because truly speaking, they dont know what real hustle is...

Here are 9 unrivaled christmas experiences in the 90s that will make no sense to 2000 babies...

1. COCA-COLA: you only had a full bottle of coke to yourself during christmas, for the few privileged who were lucky to taste coca-cola before christmas it was 10 children to one bottle. Can Coke was for the very privileged.

Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2016
Following
Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by MzzAmiable(f): 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2016
2. CHICKEN: mummy cooked rice and stew through out the year but the only time chicken was very much an integral part of the meal was during christmas. That was heaven on earth.

2. CHRISTMAS DRESS: the discussion on christmas dress starts weeks before the real deal. you are not allowed to wear them when they are bought until the holidays came so you had to do you description to your friends on how yours is the best among the rest.

Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by MzzAmiable(f): 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2016
4. CHRISTMAS GIFT: this is where your christmas cloth comes to play, you wear it and visit every1 you know both far and near, this is the fun part sha because you would have saved up alot of money and then sharing among friends is always an issue.

5. PLASTIC SPECTACLES: they were the trend of the time, anything goes with it. you just had to have it irrespective of the size, shape and colour.

6. TOY GUN: these toy guns came around every christmas. for the guys, it was a must have. kpaw! kpaw! everywhere.

7.KNOCKOUTS/BANGER: you can take whatever proper name you have of this and shove it somewhere. What the World knew was Knockout/banger and its sound was everywhere. Pure Joy

Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by MzzAmiable(f): 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
gbestwilliams:
Following
were you born in 90s? did you experience any of it?

1 Like

Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by MzzAmiable(f): 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
8. CHRISTMAS SHOES WITH LIGHTS: especially those with sounds, we sha used it to do shakara.

9. BALLON RAFFLE: These 90s started gambling wayback in the days however, nobody ever won the big ballon. show up if you did.

Add yours...

Cc. Lalasticlala
Seun
Rocktation

Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by swazpedro(m): 1:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
I remember using my break money to buy balloon for class decoration, they gave me one small one grin
Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by MzzAmiable(f): 2:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
swazpedro:
I remember using my break money to buy balloon for class decoration, they gave me one small one grin

Still wondering why no1 wins the big ballon...
Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
MzzAmiable:

were you born in 90s? did you experience any of it?
yea... I experienced all
Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 17, 2016
All are still in existence now
Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by MzzAmiable(f): 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
gbestwilliams:
All are still in existence now

yea right but I dont think it is dat interesting anymore
Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 17, 2016
MzzAmiable:

yea right but I dont think it is dat interesting anymore
since buhari be president.... Things aren't interesting again grin
Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by MzzAmiable(f): 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2016
gbestwilliams:
since buhari be president.... Things aren't interesting again grin

Lmao... na you talk am o
Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by Tomasboy(m): 10:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
Having that big balloon was my greatest mindset then that I have to spend every little savings of my life as a little kid. . . But it took me a long time to realise that there's also politics in that side too. . . Cus no matter how much and how many times you play, you'll never find the number to the big balloon. . . It's like a witch hunt grin
Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by MzzAmiable(f): 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
Tomasboy:
Having that big balloon was my greatest mindset then that I have to spend every little savings of my life as a little kid. . . But it took me a long time to realise that there's also politics in that side too. . . Cus no matter how much and how many times you play, you'll never find the number to the big balloon. . . It's like a witch hunt grin

those people that sell it are all 419, i wonder how they do it though
Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by BIXYBABE: 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2019
MzzAmiable:

those people that sell it are all 419, i wonder how they do it though
The biggest ballon number is not listed on d number u will pick wen u want 2 buy ballon. The seller wil sell it special
Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by Heineken(m): 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
Uduj baba I hail bro. How's today sir? Bro if you don't mind you fit help your boy also with mtn o. I'm down and my data is crying... Thanks boss
Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by UDUJ(m): 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
Heineken:
Uduj baba I hail bro. How's today sir? Bro if you don't mind you fit help your boy also with mtn o. I'm down and my data is crying... Thanks boss

Heineken baba I greet thee. What's the MTN mobile number?

1 Like

Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by Heineken(m): 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
UDUJ:

Heineken baba I greet thee. What's the MTN mobile number?
Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by UDUJ(m): 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2020
Heineken:
God go bless you boss. I respect you man... 07062516. 574

Done bro. Have a lovely weekend cool

1 Like

Re: 9 Unrivaled Christmas Experiences In The 90s by Heineken(m): 4:57pm On Jul 17, 2020
UDUJ:

Done bro. Have a lovely weekend cool
wow boss this one too much o. You really surprised me. I'm elated bro. It shall be well with you sir.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Attends A Funeral In Revealing Sheer Mesh Braless Top (photo) / Free Honeymoon Trip To Dubai After You Booked Ur Event Wit Us ( EMBER PROMO) / Happy Birthday Mizmycoli ~ Adannaya ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.