Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers (6608 Views)

John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council / 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons / ASUU Rejects Buhari's Dissolution Of OAU Governing Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by tyokunbo(m): 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2016/12/17/funaab-governing-council-recalls-23-sacked-workers/

The Governing Council of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), will recall 23 sacked members of staff of the institution.

The decision was reached at the end of the 91st Meeting of the council held at the National Universities Commission, Abuja and signed by its Acting Registrar and Secretary, Obafemi Oginni.

The Head of the Directorate of Public Relations of the institution, Emi Alawode, disclosed the decision on Friday in a statement released in Abeokuta, a copy of which was made available to our correspondent.

The statement said the decision to recall the sacked workers was taken following series of appeals from within and outside the university community.

However, the council in the communiqué directed that each of the 23 members of staff concerned, should, within 48 hours, send a Letter of Appeal to the Secretary, Council Committee on Investigation of the Lingering Industrial Unrest and Tension, Acting Registrar’s Office between Friday, December 16th And Monday, December 19th 2016.

Other resolutions reached at the meeting, according to communique, include: The constitution of a committee to investigate the lingering industrial unrest and tension in the institution.

It will be recalled that the university’s governing council recently sacked the 23 members of staff on allegations such as stealing, absconding from duty and wilful disrespect to constituted authority.

It sparkled a protest that led to the closure of the institution, with bonfires and vehicles used in blocking the road to the institution

Security personnel, including the men of the Nigeria Police, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), had to be drafted to maintain peace and orderliness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by tyokunbo(m): 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by veekid(m): 3:01pm On Dec 17, 2016

ion give a fūck
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by seXytOhbAd(m): 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2016

It will be recalled that the university’s governing council recently sacked the 23 members of staff on allegations such as stealing, absconding from duty and wilful disrespect to constituted authority.

Lol. I assumed that once you are sacked for any offence, that was the end of office for you. But in our lawless and lobby-prone country, anything is possible.

If heaven was like Nigeria, the devil will be the gatekeeper...

2 Likes

Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by IbroVic(m): 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2016
Their Case is different....God of Shiloh in action
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by samco19: 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2016
Ok
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 17, 2016

Wow

Thank you God

No hiding place for zombies

The zombies vote this old cow into the office, they will live to enjoy the fruit of their labor

Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by izzy4shizzy(m): 3:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
Brb
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by sleemoon(m): 3:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
. Make EFCC jail d VC "OLEWOLE".

He has turned my alma mata to something else.... Thief pastor forming farmiliarity infront of every1....

2 Likes

Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by SexyNairalander: 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2016
booked
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by CastroTbb(m): 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
]BOOKED
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
angry
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by otokx(m): 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2016
Christmas don set for dem.
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
wetin dem do before?
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by PETRUCE007: 3:26pm On Dec 17, 2016
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by intricate(m): 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2016
Dumb ass fools......... I wonder why they were recalled, they made us waste a whole year (12 months for just 1 session)
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by slapacha: 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2016
intricate:
Dumb ass fools......... I wonder why they were recalled, they made us waste a whole year (12 months for just 1 session)

Devil has invaded that school.
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by ademide0710: 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
Oga,who are you to judge others. I'm not saying what he did was good but don't be judgemental!
sleemoon:
. Make EFCC jail d VC "OLEWOLE".

He has turned my alma mata to something else.... Thief pastor forming farmiliarity infront of every1....
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by Harinholar(f): 11:15pm On Dec 17, 2016
Greatest funaabite
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by sleemoon(m): 12:00am On Dec 18, 2016
ademide0710:
Oga,who are you to judge others. I'm not saying what he did was good but don't be judgemental!

Egbami ke!!!

See me see kweshion

When a whole pastor is being prosecuted for corruption... Or probably u dnt knw aw much he embezzled? (>800million) and he has only returned (6million) ... Now tell me , what kind of example is he laying for the members of his church?

Probably he is ur dad or a relative to u... I can understand sha...

Nd u re saying dnt b judgemental... Wetin mk I cum do except judge him online since I dnt ve d power to do so....

Wooh ademide abeg Goodnight!!!
Re: FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers by Patoskid(m): 2:17am On Dec 18, 2016
seXytOhbAd:

Lol. I assumed that once you are sacked for any offence, that was the end of office for you. But in our lawless and lobby-prone country, anything is possible.

If heaven was like Nigeria, the devil will be the gatekeeper...
Dont be so judgemental....you sabi weytin cause theeir sack??

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Dli School Fees(new Students) / Best | Hottest Game Of Thrones Quotes You Don't Wanna Miss / Jamb Utme 2012/2013 Clossing Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.