Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,843 members, 7,806,378 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Why Marriage is a scam. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Marriage is a scam. (28696 Views)

No Sex Before Marriage Is A Scam / Why Marriage Men Cheat On Their Wivies / Top 10 Reasons Why Marriage Is Overrated! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Prince16: 11:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
Silentscreamer:
true. lots of peeps get married for selfish reasons..
Lolz.
Well d earlier EVERYONE
realises dt NO ONE marries 4 #selfless reasons, d better 4 all!

There is(are ) alway(s) a reason(s)4 marriage: either 4 procreation, #free sex, loneliness, "gold", beauty ,security etc.
Why does d average guy not get married to any lady he meets? Why must it be 'her'? And 2 d lady, why, out of d numerous suitors ,did u agree 2 marry dt particular guy?

Even The Lord Jesus Christ got wedded to d church for 'eternal life' sake.

(Romans 7:4 KJV) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

(2 Corinthians 11:2 KJV) For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

conclusion: There is Always a reason behind every action we take. No action is random. The Lord gave his life on d cross not for show-bolting sake. He had a reason! [John 3:16]
Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by aameyah(f): 11:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
Sexxkillz:
Truer words have never been spoken.

Sexxkillz, I don't believe this. You sound disillusioned.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Originalsly: 11:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
Hmmm...... why did I always believe marriage was about finding the one you love and who loves you in return? .... the one with whom you want to raise a family?... the one you want to be your partner for life?... thru the good times and the bad times? Anything other than this is not marriage. ....since there is a motive... marriage is used to camouflage the objective.

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Miladi(f): 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2016
@OP

Words failed you! Marriage can only be a scam to those who married for superficial reasons. However, those who married based on good attributes never have reason to assume their marriage as scam.

2 Likes

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Sexxkillz: 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
aameyah:

Sexxkillz, I don't believe this. You sound disillusioned.
No i"m not. . . he said "some".
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by SmartyPants(m): 11:37pm On Dec 23, 2016
Toks2008:
This piece is written as a result of the misconception many people have when it comes to tagging a marital union a scam or potential scam.

Many guys and ladies are still single at very ripe age because they still believe that their intending spouse should love them for "real"(whatever that means) so they always want to be too careful and in the process fall into worse hands..

The stark truth is that there will always be a reason for anyone to be with another regardless of how selfish,lame or wicked it may sound but at the end it is still a legitimate union and the couple could be together till death if the conditions remain favorable so what is the fuss about?

In essence,whatever reason you choose to marry that person is your choice..whether it is because of parental pressure,beauty,sex,money,nationality,fame,power and so on,it remains a valid reason and the other party should either take the risk or back out.

- An unassuming guy woos a rich lady and she says he only wants her money.

-A rich guy sees a lady who wants him and he says it's about his money.

-A Nigerian guy or lady chooses to marry an European or American and they say it's for a green card.

-Even a broke cocky guy will say a lady does not really want him but just love his bedmatics.

Conclusively I will say there is really nothing like scam marriage because most marriages are as a result of selfish interest from both party.

My opinion.

Marriage should always be about something much more genuine than the ephemeral. And that is why it is always more natural to gravitate towards people within your social class.There are so so so so so many cases where people of comparable economic status have gotten married simply because of each other, and the marriage works.

Btw what is your goal in airing this opinion of yours? Its not everything that passes through your mind that must pass out of your mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by bossoflife(m): 11:39pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nonsense topic. Read your Bible very well and see what God says about marriage. Instead posting assumption content here. Next time use your time creating good content that supports and embrace marriage, so that our community can be reduce of late marriages
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by dangotesmummy: 11:41pm On Dec 23, 2016
Hmnn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 11:42pm On Dec 23, 2016
Miladi:
@OP

Words failed you! Marriage can only be scam to those who married for superficial reasons. However, those who married based on good attributes never have reason to assume their marriage as scam.

Marrying for true attributes in itself is a scam...why not marry a prostitute or a criminal?

And if you read my conclusion,i reiterated that no marriage is really a scam because there must always be a selfish reason behind any marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by dangotesmummy: 11:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
bossoflife:
Nonsense topic. Read your Bible very well and see what God says about marriage. Instead posting assumption content here. If marriage is a scam remain single for life. Se oti gbo
yinmu

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by yusluvad(m): 11:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
cool
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by dangotesmummy: 11:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
Toks2008:

Marrying for true attributes in itself is a scam...why not marry a prostitute or a criminal?

And if you read my conclusion,i reiterated that no marriage is really a scam because there must always be a selfish reason behind any marriage.
indeed

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2016
SmartyPants:

Marriage should always be about something much more genuine than the ephemeral. And that is why it is always more natural to gravitate towards people within your social class.There are so so so so so many cases where people of comparable economic status have gotten married simply because of each other, and the marriage works.

Btw what is your goal in airing this opinion of yours? Its not everything that passes through your mind that must pass out of your mouth.

As i wrote, this thread was not written for frontpage and i did not intend getting it out here but for whatever reason it is here i guess some will find sense in it and some will see it as vague.

Nevertheless i believe it is insightful enough...BTw DID YOU REALLY READ THROUGH OR YOU JUST READ FEW WORDS?
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Bojc7: 11:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
C

3 Likes

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Miladi(f): 11:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
Toks2008:

You amuse me. Any sane and sound person knows that there's nothing "selfish" in being rational. Words has failed you many a time.

There's no gain in being myopic and egotistical.

3 Likes

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by claremont(m): 11:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
Good points here.

Most men go into it for regular free sex, most women do it for material returns e.g. free house, car e.t.c. It has always been a symbiotic relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:01am On Dec 24, 2016
soooooooo, what ur saying is that if I have a reason to get married, then it's a scam

there's nothing i won't see here on nairaland men!

so if i give to the poor with my "reason" being to uplift them, then my giving becomes a scam because it was accompanied by a "reason"

i give up!

2 Likes

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:02am On Dec 24, 2016
what you should have called a scam is getting married for the WRONG REASONS, not getting married for a REASON.

please note the difference playboy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by SmartyPants(m): 12:02am On Dec 24, 2016
Toks2008:

As i wrote, this thread was not written for frontpage and i did not intend getting it out here but for whatever reason it is here i guess some will find sense in it and some will see it as vague.

Nevertheless i believe it is insightful enough...BTw DID YOU REALLY READ THROUGH OR YOU JUST READ FEW WORDS?

of course i read. You are saying we should accept selfish reasons for marriage, thus justifying the gold diggers and forgetting that at the other end of the transaction will always be a dissatisfied party.

you forget that in practice selfishness is not the same as being self-seeking. sure we all love a person for the value they provide for us and yes that is selfish, but the question is what value do they provide for you? if the value they provide is all about what you can take from them then you are both selfish and self seeking but if the value they provide for you is a shared experience i.e caring for someone who cares about you, you are selfish but not self-seeking. And that is a healthy relationship.

Let us take examples, a young African man wants to marry an older European lady for '"papers". She wants him for love but he doesnt love her, he only wants the papers. So if they get married, he gets what he wants and she gets nothing. The young money-hungry girl does the same to the old man who marries her for a relationship when she's only after his money and spends most of the time cheating on him. Whenever motives are self-seeking one party is liking to end up feeling cheated.

But when there is common ground i.e both are seeking a mutually beneficial selfishness, then there is harmony. Love remains the legitimate reason and foundation for marriage. And love is based on personality and compatibility not money or sex and other such secondary elements.

8 Likes

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 24, 2016
It will keep failing if it has bases.
Nearly everything expires,I don't think I ever saw /heard anything that's recorded as "ever lasting".
You love someone,on the long run...it fades and you just have to see other beautiful things in this person that keeps you going.
It just has to be what makes us happy.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by skyo78(m): 12:09am On Dec 24, 2016
claremont:
Good points here.

Most men go into it for regular free sex, most women do it for material returns. It has always been a symbiotic relationship.

You can get regular free sex without getting married. Regular, free and in different shapes, colors and sizes.

If you are going into marriage because of regular free sex, my broda, you done jam rock.

Once you are married the sex will no longer be regular, and the free aspect is subject to wether you are performing your duties as the man of the house, plus providing your wife with allowances to maintain herself and the house.

As for women and material returns, they don't need to get married for that. I don't think I need to talk more on the women and material matter

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Orikinla(m): 12:13am On Dec 24, 2016
Toks2008:
This piece is written as a result of the misconception many people have when it comes to tagging a marital union a scam or potential scam.

Many guys and ladies are still single at very ripe age because they still believe that their intending spouse should love them for "real"(whatever that means) so they always want to be too careful and in the process fall into worse hands..

The stark truth is that there will always be a reason for anyone to be with another regardless of how selfish,lame or wicked it may sound but at the end it is still a legitimate union and the couple could be together till death if the conditions remain favorable so what is the fuss about?

In essence,whatever reason you choose to marry that person is your choice..whether it is because of parental pressure,beauty,sex,money,nationality,fame,power and so on,it remains a valid reason and the other party should either take the risk or back out.

- An unassuming guy woos a rich lady and she says he only wants her money.

-A rich guy sees a lady who wants him and he says it's about his money.

-A Nigerian guy or lady chooses to marry an European or American and they say it's for a green card.

-Even a broke cocky guy will say a lady does not really want him but just love his bedmatics.

Conclusively I will say there is really nothing like scam marriage because most marriages are as a result of selfish interest from both party.

My opinion.

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 24, 2016
Toks2008:

You are a troll lady so just negodu.

I went through your hypocritical thread pretending you are not the one involved but psychologically it is so clear you wrote about yourself.

Get this straight for the last time. almost all if not all marriages are scam and even your marriage is a big big scam.

How does it become a scam if a lady feels she cant marry a poor guy?

ITS HER FREAKING CHOICE and same way you come up attacking me because i defended a guy who married a lady and latter brke up after getting a green card...does that nullify thousands of Nigerians who are married happily to foreign ladies even years after getting their green card?

Cant you see how confused you are?

So it's now I am writing about myself? It's now my marriage is a scam? Do you see how the scammer turns things around. He comes as an armed robber yelling "Teef Teef" against the innocent. Ka chi fo!
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Lifestone(m): 12:45am On Dec 24, 2016
eyinjuege:

Your reason is still selfish whether you decide to stick to your vows or not.
You want to marry her to take your business to greater heights?
That's one of the commonest, most selfish reasons for marriage. What's the difference between that and marrying your child off to secure your political or financial dynasty? There's even no difference between that and those who marry for green card, because some are faithful to their vows.
You see a lot of the children of the rich or royalty marry each other without coercion for this same reasons, and of course they always intend to stay faithful.
The guys/women that marry others for money do so with the intention of staying faithful else they lose the butter for their bread.
Most marriages are first guided by selfish reasons in whatever disguise this may be, most people will say I want to be happy in marriage, as simple as this sound, it's selfish and it's only when the selfishness from both side are persived to have been met that both parties says I do.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by MENTORCH(m): 12:56am On Dec 24, 2016
I agree, marriage in Nigeria is business.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 1:04am On Dec 24, 2016
FortuneTeller:

So it's now I am writing about myself? It's now my marriage is a scam? Do you see how the scammer turns things around. He comes as an armed robber yelling "Teef Teef" against the innocent. Ka chi fo!

So you now see how it feels...you made accusations and I practically begged you to spill it but you refused.

I wrote an innocuous comment but you turned it round without butressing your points

I repeat...no marriage is a scam regardless of the reason. ..there is always a selfish reason behind every marriage but if the conditions remain favorable both parties stay together till death.

I had advised you never to judge or make conclusions except you know every detail but you refused.

I know a lady who has a medical issue that couldn't be treated in Nigeria but this health challenge does not incapacitate her so she decides to marry a Canadian man so that she can work and pay for the treatment which cost usd30k.

Shall we say she is a scammer?
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Silentscreamer(f): 1:06am On Dec 24, 2016
Prince16:

Lolz.
Well d earlier EVERYONE

There is(are ) alway(s) a reason(s)4 marriage: either 4 procreation, #free sex, loneliness, "gold", beauty ,security etc.
Why does d average guy not get married to any lady he meets? Why must it be 'her'? And 2 d lady, why, out of d numerous suitors ,did u agree 2 marry dt particular guy?

(Romans 7:4 KJV) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

(2 Corinthians 11:2 KJV) For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

conclusion: There is Always a reason behind every action we take. No action is random. The Lord gave his life on d cross not for show-bolting sake. He had a reason! [John 3:16]
Thanks

Insightful.. U've said it all.

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 1:46am On Dec 24, 2016
Prince16:

Lolz.
Well d earlier EVERYONE

Thanks

Exactly my point.

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 1:49am On Dec 24, 2016
Miladi:

You amuse me. Any sane and sound person knows that there's nothing "selfish" in one being conscientious. Words has failed you many a time.

There's no gain in being myopic OK, so stop being conceited - conceit is God's gift to little people.

You are suffering from puma syndrome...learn to read and assimilate before making comments cos what you wrote is exactly my point.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 2:08am On Dec 24, 2016
no lipsrsealed but itz not for the faint hearted
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by FvckShiT(m): 2:59am On Dec 24, 2016
undecided
ILuvGummyBearz:
no lipsrsealed but itz not for the faint hearted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meeting His Parents For The First Time: How To Win Their Heart Easily / Man Had To Forsake His Parents For His Wife's Sake / She Doesn't Want To Apologize: Should I Forgive Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.