Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? (16291 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"? / "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by killsmith(f): 11:32am On Dec 18, 2016
Jesus?....the reason Africa remains this way....

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by oijeleo: 11:32am On Dec 18, 2016
[[/color dumb and frustrated bigot ] quote author=slawomir post=5203493[color=#006600]8]I don't give a Bleep about who Jesus is. to me that guy is one broke ass dude or rather one bastard son of a thousand father through him one self claimed alpha and omega called God succeeded in confusing humanity and mankind making some totally confused humans to believe that there is one supreme being up there in the sky protecting humanity whereas humans are the one protecting themselves. and in a situation where they can't protect themselves then they succumb to fate. for example death which is inevitable.
and for those still alive today doesn't mean the grace of God is upon you. you are just lucky today and it doesn't mean you will not die anymoment from now. God protects no one
[/quote]
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Shafiiimran99: 11:33am On Dec 18, 2016
orunto27:
That I'm born of Mary and The Holy Spirit and not of Eve and the Serpent.
Why has she (Eve) done wrong?
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by shumuel(m): 11:36am On Dec 18, 2016
Saviour! Conqueror ! Life ! Breathe ! Everything !
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by lacoach: 11:41am On Dec 18, 2016
It means everything to me.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by niceface(m): 11:41am On Dec 18, 2016
embodiment:
The name Jesus in hebrew means savior. There are times when I go through seemingly difficult situation, I know have a savior who is there to bring rescue and salvage me from the situation. He is my present help in the time of trouble. He assured me that even if I work through fire, it won't burn me.
The name Jesus means a strong tower. Proverbs18:10 says 'The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe'. In other words the name Jesus is a safe haven.
The name Jesus is potent. It is efficacious It has the ability to cause changes. Philippians3:10 '...that at the name of jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things in earth, and things under the earth...'

Philippians 2:10
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by EMMYB0Y(m): 11:44am On Dec 18, 2016
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by zicoswagg(m): 11:44am On Dec 18, 2016
TeamSimple:
What is dis dude talking about? If you know nothing about Man city team list just shut up.
Your brain is shaking abi?
Who doesn't know Jesus Navas undecided

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by queenitee(f): 11:45am On Dec 18, 2016
jericco1:

you don't know what it means to u yet
Excuse me?
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by lakesider(m): 11:45am On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Jesus was the bastard son of an acclaimed
virgin whose mother used hypnotic powers to delude Joseph who is a responsible carpenter into thinking he met god and god told him to accept Mary and her unborn child

this child was named Jesus and his mother kept calling him son of god and this child deluded himself into believing it, he went around gathering 12 people who shared in his delusions
this made him talk anyhow and criticise anyone even destroying people's market one day, this inevitably led to him suffering from delusion of grandeur

his village people grew tired of his antics so decided to beat the crap out of him and hung him on the cross like they do common thieves in those days, he realised his folly and quickly asked god why he forsook him and even told his imaginary father to make the "cup pass over him", but since there's no god anywhere listening no one saved him and he died, his other disciples stole his body, claimed he rose from the dead and flew to heaven on the third day; even his mother that authored the delusion didn't see him

there are deluded people who believed this man died for their misdemeanors, they pray to this dead man everyday and cover themselves with the blood of this man

these people call themselves "Christians"

its a pity Nigeria has a huge population of people that believes a troublemaking carpenter suffering from delusion of grandeur

how can a Nigerian believe a Jew died for their sins when most of the people who saw him die didn't buy that? its like Americans claiming Murtala Mohammed died for their sins while Nigerians laugh at their delusions

lovely writeup
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by friedcorn: 11:46am On Dec 18, 2016
Omooba77:
Thou shall call his name Jesus ......Matthew 1:21.
What does the name Jesus mean to you as a Christian? Compliments of the season Sir and ma!
jesus is greater than Allah
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by stevekenny: 11:48am On Dec 18, 2016
SALVATION!!!
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by klevotino: 11:49am On Dec 18, 2016
Recieve your healing and be free from madness
hopefulLandlord:
virgin whose mother used hypnotic powers to delude Joseph who is a responsible carpenter into thinking he met god and god told him to accept Mary and her unborn child

this child was named Jesus and his mother kept calling him son of god and this child deluded himself into believing it, he went around gathering 12 people who shared in his delusions
this made him talk anyhow and criticise anyone even destroying people's market one day, this inevitably led to him suffering from delusion of grandeur

his village people grew tired of his antics so decided to beat the crap out of him and hung him on the cross like they do common thieves in those days, he realised his folly and quickly asked god why he forsook him and even told his imaginary father to make the "cup pass over him", but since there's no god anywhere listening no one saved him and he died, his other disciples stole his body, claimed he rose from the dead and flew to heaven on the third day; even his mother that authored the delusion didn't see him

there are deluded people who believed this man died for their misdemeanors, they pray to this dead man everyday and cover themselves with the blood of this man

its a pity Nigeria has a huge population of people that believes a troublemaking carpenter suffering from delusion of grandeur

how can a Nigerian believe a Jew died for their sins when most of the people who saw him die didn't buy that? its like Americans claiming Murtala Mohammed died for their sins while Nigerians laugh at their delusions
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by klevotino: 11:50am On Dec 18, 2016
Recieve sence and a functional brain....
hopefulLandlord:

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by CHARLOE(m): 11:50am On Dec 18, 2016
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by victvames(m): 11:50am On Dec 18, 2016
I hate this site for just one thing,,,, The Atheists here!!
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by nams77: 11:54am On Dec 18, 2016
He means everything to me. I have had personal encounter with divinity and I am not gonna banter words with this atheist here. I will rather believe in Jesus and die and find out he doesn't exist, than to deny his existence here on earth and die to find out that he truly exists! I owe no one any apology or explanations for my beliefs. FYI, I am highly cerebral so I am no ignorant, uneducated folk.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by CHARLOE(m): 11:55am On Dec 18, 2016
victvames:
I hate this site for just one thing,,,, The Atheists here!!
Dont hate what u dont understand, seek knowledge. Not an atheist, but they opened my eyes to alot of things
Do ur due diligence, study outside d bible
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by lakesidepapa(m): 11:55am On Dec 18, 2016
Omooba77:
Thou shall call his name Jesus ......Matthew 1:21.
What does the name Jesus mean to you as a Christian? Compliments of the season Sir and ma!

The Most Powerful Name In Heaven And Earth. With Faith and Righteousness, You Can Unlock And Lock Anything With The Aid Of The Name Jesus and It Will Work In A Miraculous Way.

Jesus is the name of that great man that died for our sin on the cross, he resurrected after three days before he left for our eternal home which is heaven.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by walosky(m): 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Hopefullandlord@ I speak to your 2mb brain......receive it by fire!

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Daolif: 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
slawomir:
I don't give a Bleep about who Jesus is. to me that guy is one broke ass dude or rather one bastard son of a thousand father through him one self claimed alpha and omega called God succeeded in confusing humanity and mankind making some totally confused humans to believe that there is one supreme being up there in the sky protecting humanity whereas humans are the one protecting themselves. and in a situation where they can't protect themselves then they succumb to fate. for example death which is inevitable.
and for those still alive today doesn't mean the grace of God is upon you. you are just lucky today and it doesn't mean you will not die anymoment from now. God protects no one.
the day I was born there were a lot of children born that same day with me on planet earth. lets assume we were two thousand kids born that day. now it is possible we are now one thousand alive because some died in car crash, some in plane crash, some their train derailed, some ship capsize. some died because of sickness, some got shot by police or died in bomb blast some died when the building of their house or church collapsed even some died before they attain the age of one. and here you are still thinking am alive because of God grace. no am alive because have been lucky and that doesn't mean I won't die anymoment from now to make it minus one from the remaining one thousand of us. 999. in fact I might die today if am going to uniben this evening and before next five years another sixty will go down. that is how we all are gonna die at different age until the two thousand is completely eliminated from planet earth. there is no God protecting us through one fake son called jesus.
for everyday we live we are faced with more than one thousand ways to die.

God protects.. read Psalm91 vs 1-16

God doesn't confuse.. Bible says, you can't go through the father except through Him.. That Him refers to Jesus, the Son of God.

u are alive coz u r lucky, well, happy to announce to unseat that Luck is God's grace.. Enjoy the Grace, it's sufficient for you

how good it is to serve a God whom we don't feed, clothe, fight for.. He is a God who fights for us and we hold our peace, he feeds us, He blesses us
Give him praise in all things.. Jesus!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by urslartal(m): 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
“He is the Alpha and the Omega,” the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by CephasTK(m): 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
Only name that can be use to access the throne of grace.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by kareemkamil(m): 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
Jesus christ is a Servant and Messenger of God.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by jericco1(m): 12:04pm On Dec 18, 2016
queenitee:
Excuse me?
i thought you didn't answer the question correctly.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by juman(m): 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2016
My view on jesus(AS) as a muslim is as follows:

And (appoint him) a messenger to the Children of Israel. Quran: 3:49
The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam. Quran: 3:59
For it is not consonant with the majesty of (Allah) Most Gracious that He should beget a son. Quran: 19:92

Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. Quran: 5:75

He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet." Quran: 19:30

They have certainly disbelieved who say that Allah is Christ, the son of Mary. Quran: 5:17

They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers. Quran: 5:72

1 Like

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by freddievip(m): 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2016
The greatest name above everything!
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by showlight101(m): 12:06pm On Dec 18, 2016
He is the Lord
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by cins: 12:07pm On Dec 18, 2016
Jesus over do God.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by gusaua(m): 12:10pm On Dec 18, 2016
Dc4life:
It means nothing to me, He's just a fictional character created by the Romans at the council of Nicea in AD 325

If you'll attack me... come at me with facts undecided
guy na so i like the way you reason
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by klevotino: 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2016
This must be the work of Oshogo weed taking under sun, receive sense...
slawomir:
be specific please is it Jesus of fc Porto or that of Manchester city? because if it is the Jesus of Nazareth then I don't give a Bleep about who Jesus is. to me that guy is one broke ass dude or rather one bastard son of a thousand father through him one self claimed alpha and omega called God succeeded in confusing humanity and mankind making some totally confused humans to believe that there is one supreme being up there in the sky protecting humanity whereas humans are the one protecting themselves. and in a situation where they can't protect themselves then they succumb to fate. for example death which is inevitable.
and for those still alive today doesn't mean the grace of God is upon you. you are just lucky today and it doesn't mean you will not die anymoment from now. God protects no one.
the day I was born there were a lot of children born that same day with me on planet earth. lets assume we were two thousand kids born that day. now it is possible we are now one thousand alive because some died in car crash, some in plane crash, some their train derailed, some ship capsize. some died because of sickness, some got shot by police or died in bomb blast some died when the building of their house or church collapsed even some died before they attain the age of one. and here you are still thinking am alive because of God grace. no am alive because have been lucky and that doesn't mean I won't die anymoment from now to make it minus one from the remaining one thousand of us. 999. in fact I might die today if am going to uniben this evening and before next five years another sixty will go down. that is how we all are gonna die at different age until the two thousand is completely eliminated from planet earth. there is no God protecting us through one fake son called jesus.
for everyday we live we are faced with more than one thousand ways to die.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis / Red Sea: Archaeologists Discover Remains Of Egyptian Army From The Biblical Exod / Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.