Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? (16299 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"? / "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Godstraight(m): 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

how about you read your freaking history directly from those that witnessed it rather than repeating the same bull missionaries came to spill for you?

ask yourself this question "Wasn't there a time these white people were extremely superstitious?"

"witch hunt?"

they believed witches were responsible for sicknesses, they killed innocent people just because they were suspected of being witches

now we have cure for those diseases and witch burning stopped

"If you see an epileptic, spit on yourself to prevent "catching" what they have."

"Touch a man condemned to death and you'll have good luck."

do you know the difference? they developed "at their pace" while we simply attempted haphazard jumping civilization
emotions wouldn't change cold facts,am not a Christian because it is logically flawed and it has been made ridiculous by our ever expanding scientific knowledge, not because I don't want to displease ignorant ancestors who made NO contribution to civilization whatsoever, apart from selling their kindsmen into slavery.Those "silly" missionaries made more contributions to developed than the so-called ancestors,heck my whole family attended a school built by missionaries, what about the hospitals and opharnages they also built,is it not better than oga ancestors, who sold slaves, killed twins and caried other inhuman practice even as at the 19th centuries when white were busy industrializing, rapidly inventing ideas and institutions, having defeated their dogmas through the Renaissance and age of enlightenment, having cultures,literatures art dating millenniums, your clueless ancestors needed an ignorant Christian missionary called slessor to tell them to stop killing twins,and you here spilling trash and trying to revision history all in the name of irrational patriotism to your ignorant ancestors.

Mtceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeev
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Godstraight(m): 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingSango:

Yes it was stupid to fight each other with European guns and sell slaves to keep up with the power in the region. Yes was stupid to become a Christianity and give up your ancestors traditions. Yes it is stupid to now want to fight against those who are working to rebuild a destroyed homeland. Ase.
am not fighting you am saying we don't need more gods,we just need secularised
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by KingSango(m): 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
Godgay:
emotions wouldn't change cold facts,am not a Christian because it is logically flawed and it has been made ridiculous by our ever expanding scientific knowledge, not because I don't want to displease ignorant ancestors who made NO contribution to civilization whatsoever, apart from selling their kindsmen into slavery.Those "silly" missionaries made more contributions to developed than the so-called ancestors,heck my whole family attended a school built by missionaries, what about the hospitals and opharnages they also built,is it not better than oga ancestors, who sold slaves, killed twins and caried other inhuman practice even as at the 19th centuries when white were busy industrializing, rapidly inventing ideas and institutions, having defeated their dogmas through the Renaissance and age of enlightenment, having cultures,literatures art dating millenniums, your clueless ancestors needed an ignorant Christian missionary called slessor to tell them to stop killing twins,and you here spilling trash and trying to revision history all in the name of irrational patriotism to your ignorant ancestors.

Mtceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeev

All cultures have evil sacrifices and the European is the worst.

You have no idea what you are talking about in praising the sodomite demon worshiping Europeans. No idea. Virtually none. Ase.

Africans living in Africa don't really know the European. Here is a blog on this crazy European and his zombie Africans: https://theriseofsodom..com/2016/04/devil-worship-witchcraft-and-sodomy.html

1 Share

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by KingSango(m): 8:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
Godgay:
am not fighting you am saying we don't need more gods,we just need secularised

We need to return to traditions. The original state of our being before conquered, enslaved, colonized and re-educated. Any African not helping with liberating the African people worldwide isn't doing his divine duty. Ase.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Godstraight(m): 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingSango:

All cultures have evil sacrifices and the European is the worst.

You have no idea what you are talking about in praising the sodomite demon worshiping Europeans. No idea. Virtually none. Ase.

Africans living in Africa don't really know the European. Here is a blog on this crazy European and his zombie Africans: https://theriseofsodom..com/2016/04/devil-worship-witchcraft-and-sodomy.html

no not all cultures have sacrifices,you don't even know Asian cultures, europeans ditch these stuffs early as 200BC
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by KingSango(m): 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
Godgay:
no not all cultures have sacrifices,you don't even know Asian cultures, europeans ditch these stuffs early as 200BC

You're kidding me right? grin You can't be this naive. I sense great intelligence in you but driven by emotional attachment. Hmmm... What to do about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWIDBFcVHOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBwIKNTwPsY

1 Share

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Kennitrust(m): 9:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I'm not afraid of your imaginary friends (Yahweh, Jesus, Paul) neither am I afraid of your imaginary enemies (Lucifer, Satan, Devil, Demons)
u will live to accept Jesus as ur Lord.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Sagacity07: 9:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingSango:

I'm dismissing such nonsense. Because I made the challenge, I said, "There is no JESUS CHRIST". Now either prove me wrong or prove that such a thing exists?

I'll be waiting on your response, hopefully with evidence. Ase.

Loooolz....hey king, how do you prove that someone actually existed say 300 years ago.....now extrapolate till 2000 years. Infact "history" as we currently know it is in his terms. No university professor will doubt the existence of Jesus....believe me atheists have gone past the level of questioning if jesus actually exists....we are 2016 years after the death of Jesus.....ase.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by benguy6: 10:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
the means saviour of the who universe
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by KingSango(m): 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
Sagacity07:

Loooolz....hey king, how do you prove that someone actually existed say 300 years ago.....now extrapolate till 2000 years. Infact "history" as we currently know it is in his terms. No university professor will doubt the existence of Jesus....believe me atheists have gone past the level of questioning if jesus actually exists....we are 2016 years after the death of Jesus.....ase.

I pray you're not Yoruba because you should know you can't defeat Ejiogbe. I try my best to be humble, I swear, but being Ejiogbe I always have victory, sometimes by the will of the Gods. Ase.

First off, Pharoah Menes was a real person, they called him Osiris, a God. Sango was a real person, they called him a God, both African rulers traces of their existence can be found in various places. There's a stone statue of the great King Menes, that we can see he existed. There is scrolls written by his court and other Kemetic people that speak of the existence of King Menes. Africans elevate their greatest rulers to Gods. This is not just because but because Africans keep their royal bloodlines in tact so all great rulers have family prior to them and after. African blueblood, royal bloodlines, go back to the beginning of the human race. All African people are children of these great royal bloodlines. Sango was a real man, he was King of Kings, his family still exists, the royal bloodline of Oyo. There's statues of Sango and oral stories of his existence, his deeds, the deeds of his ministers and other Kings of his time. Africans don't worship spooks until we came across this European fairy tale of a dead Jew crucified by the Romans, the very Romans who started the first Catholic/Christian/Illuminati Church. But Jesus has no scrolls written by him, no mention of him in real history, no records, no family, nothing to prove Jesus was a real human. There is no JESUS CHRIST.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Kagarko(m): 10:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
But he didn't say he's the only way.

During the reigns of Joseph (Yusuf AS) he's the way, during the reigns of Moses AS he's the way and so on and so forth.

To the post, Jesus Alayhissalam is a Prophet Of Allah and among the top ranking Prophets' of Allah.

He's not God as he has never mentioned it anywhere in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Ta'alallahu An Qaulihi Uluwan Kabira.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by KingSango(m): 10:17pm On Dec 18, 2016

1 Share

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Kagarko(m): 10:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
But he didn't say he's the only way.

During the reigns of Joseph (Yusuf AS) he's the way, during the reigns of Moses AS he's the way and so on and so forth.

To the post, Jesus Alayhissalam is a Prophet Of Allah and among the top ranking Prophets' of Allah.

He's not God as he has never mentioned it anywhere in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Ta'alallahu An Qaulihi Uluwan Kabira.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Plenip: 10:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of peace etc
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by fiercehillz(m): 12:15am On Dec 19, 2016
Life
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by SpicyMimi(f): 1:39am On Dec 19, 2016
The name Jesus is a very very very powerful name!!!! Its powerfulness cannot be measured! Its the name that breaks yokes, set captives free, destroy the enemies, makes the impossibilities possible, the name that makes the enemies bow down with fear, the name that restores lost Glory, the name that saves, the perfect name, the name that can do all things!!!!

Some of us take this name for granted, we hardly even use it while praying...but I tell you, prayers without this name is just a mere meditation with no life in it. Jesus name is the name, that gets your prayers answered!!!
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by babilicious: 7:08am On Dec 19, 2016
Omooba77:
Thou shall call his name Jesus ......Matthew 1:21.
What does the name Jesus mean to you as a Christian? Compliments of the season Sir and ma!

Jesus is The Name Above all Names....I have peace knowing that The Name Jesus is Available for me to use .
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by sonmvayina(m): 7:32am On Dec 19, 2016
ezenwajosh:

WHO DO U WORSHIP BEFORE THEY CAME WITH THE RELIGION

We worshiped the real God, Eledumare/chukwu/osanobua( all the same, different language),,,and that is who the jrws worshiped too..but they recognise the existence of other Gods but choose to wirship this particular God because it choose them as a people..Marduk/Eledumare/Chineke/Osanobua is the creator of alll..the other Gods that make up the pantheon/Elohim are Sango/Mercury/Thor(the same spirit different nomemclature), Olokun/Ishtar/Inanna/Aphrodite/Venus....Etc..about 12 other Gods make up the elohim/pantheon ...different names in different culture but the same spirit...with the creator of all sitting at the top(psalm 82)
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by pressplay411(m): 7:47am On Dec 19, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

there's no polite way to tell someone that they've dedicated their life to folly

lol but think about it. Do you really want a non-religious world where everyone lives free, no care or recourse of the afterlife? Remember not everyone is enlightened enough to handle that freedom.
Do you know how much crimes and craziness we'll have to contend with if all people fear is the law?

Honestly as much as I detest the mental bondage and slavery religion has brought upon us, I believe it's establishment was for the purpose of controlling the people and maintenance of sanity in humanity.

So when I try to liberate someone's mind and they're so resolute and plugged in, I just live and let live. As long as they respect my stance too.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by sonmvayina(m): 7:49am On Dec 19, 2016
benguy6:
the means saviour of the who universe

i have read the old testament of the bible...and God was the one killing people and commanding people to kill and steal peoples properties and destroy towns anf cities....so who is jesus saving us from? HIS FATHER

The new testament says the devil comes to kill, steal and destroy please be truthful between God and Devil who is guilty of these crime?
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 8:23am On Dec 19, 2016
pressplay411:

lol but think about it. Do you really want a non-religious world where everyone lives free, no care or recourse of the afterlife? Remember not everyone is enlightened enough to handle that freedom.
Do you know how much crimes and craziness we'll have to contend with if all people fear is the law?

Honestly as much as I detest the mental bondage and slavery religion has brought upon us, I believe it's establishment was for the purpose of controlling the people and maintenance of sanity in humanity.

So when I try to liberate someone's mind and they're so resolute and plugged in, I just live and let live. As long as they respect my stance too.

How do you really live free?

there are societal laws there to keep people in check and its much more effective than any divine law because let's be honest for a moment, No Christian should actually sin wilfully if he/she believes in hell fire! but what we have are priests raping teenage boys, there's no "sin" an atheist commits that a theist doesn't

let's assume many more people decide to live free and do anyhow, how many killings would you do before you're caught by the law? how many rape would you carry out before you're caught? how about the jungle justice we see in the news? isn't that deterrent enough?

try to assume a society where an agreed-on god is given sole rights to punish offenders

do you think such a society wouldn't descend into chaos very fast?

imagine one waiting for god to kill the cannibal that keeps eating people in your area

societal laws keep people in check better than any divine law ever can

1 Like

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Omooba77: 8:30am On Dec 19, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

How do you really live free?

there are societal laws there to keep people in check and its much more effective than any divine law because let's be honest for a moment, No Christian should actually sin wilfully if he/she believes in hell fire! but what we have are priests raping teenage boys, there's no "sin" an atheist commits that a theist doesn't

let's assume many more people decide to live free and do anyhow, how many killings would you do before you're caught by the law? how many rape would you carry out before you're caught? how about the jungle justice we see in the news? isn't that deterrent enough?

try to assume a society where an agreed-on god is given sole rights to punish offenders

do you think such a society wouldn't descend into chaos very fast?

imagine one waiting for god to kill the cannibal that keeps eating people in your area

societal laws keep people in check better than any divine law ever can

Societal laws all came from the Bible read the whole of Deuteronomy and see for your self. Beware of Dogs is even from the Bible.
For more than 2000 years people have tried to discredit,God,Jesus,Holy Spirit and the Bible without succeeding. Please dont expend your energy on futile excercise. God bless you sir.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 8:49am On Dec 19, 2016
Omooba77:

Societal laws all came from the Bible read the whole of Deuteronomy and see for your self. Beware of Dogs is even from the Bible.
For more than 2000 years people have tried to discredit,God,Jesus,Holy Spirit and the Bible without succeeding. Please dont expend your energy on futile excercise. God bless you sir.

you sound ignorant

societal laws come from the Bible?

so your forefathers used the Bible as laws before missionaries came?
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by klevotino: 11:23am On Dec 19, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I don't smoke, I'm simply here to poke holes in your delusions and let natural curiosity take over from there
I laugh in italian hahhaahahlolilihahli, take care of your self......and live in peace......
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by nurusystem(m): 7:44am On Dec 20, 2016
Rebuke:

Hahahahah! Is that the only part of the scriptures yhu know or the only part yhu believe?

John 3 v 16. Take or leave it.

Mathew 3 v 17.

If yhu believe in Mathew 21 V 10-11, should yhu not also believe in Mathew 3 v 17 ?

It's either yhu believe in the scriptures or yhu don't at all.

The truth is so glaring bro.

see contradiction in your bible then

here jesus didnot say this verse by himself
somebody is telling us...that jesus was sent to save the world.

mathew 3 : 17
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved
jesus said this by himself
god send Jesus to isreal only..

mathew 15 :24
24 But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

jesus was God send he was God.
can you see how bible contradic itself... hmmm bro,,,,,,,
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by orunto27: 10:55am On Dec 27, 2016
There're good and evil; obedience and disobedience, all are Spirits of The Omnipotent Supreme Spirit. They are either positive or negative. We all have God given Consciences to choose from. Eve chose all negative.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by orunto27: 11:19am On Dec 27, 2016
She got into temptation. And that was very serious.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 10:47am On Nov 04, 2017
Good thread!
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Amujale(m): 1:15pm On Apr 08, 2020
Jesus is a fictitious character that never existed.

The name Jesus is tantamount to death, misery, pain and slavery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who's Your Favorite Gospel Artiste? / Are You Possessed By The Spirit Of The Dog? / I Am No Longer A Theist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.