Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration (6150 Views)

5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by Whynow(m): 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
Hi ,
My car has been a joy until recently.
I have been battling with a harmonic / steering wheel vibration for 2 months now and can't solve this problem.
There is a bouncy (not smooth) movement on low speed, medium speed and steering wheel vibration at 120+
You feel a shaky pulsation on steering wheel when moving

Fixes so far
1. Changed pads and disc rotor (genuine toyota) - 1 week ago
2. 4 brand New tires (Tigar Michelin) 2days ago . Replaced the Michelin the car came with
3. Multiple wheel balancing and alignment done.
4. Caliper changed to ascertain if the former was sticky- 2days ago
5. Wheel hubs changed , because i was hearing a sort of helicopter sound. that solved that.

I don't hear any click on CV joints when turning
All engine mounts have been confirmed okay

What else can I do please....Gazuz and others please help a brother.

We cant afford to do guessing works in the current economic recesion embarassed

1 Like

Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by tempex88(m): 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
Oga, all u listed above are what causes steering vibration. Just recheck all u have done
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by Whynow(m): 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
Sir, i can argue with you till tomorrow , and I don't agree with you.

Even with the old parts , the same symptoms. There are other parts that can cause this.
CV Joint, upper strut mount, tierod (even if they look okay visually )

This is a 4wd version

1 Like

Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by Whynow(m): 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
vibration is just one of the issues, but the slight uneven movement or bumpy ride nature
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by ozone0801(m): 7:52pm On Dec 18, 2016
@Op, are the shocks intact? Have you confirmed that
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by kingreign(m): 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2016
Whynow:
Hi ,
I have been battling with a harmonic / steering wheel vibration for 2 months now and can't solve this problem.
There is a bouncy (not smooth) movement on low speed, medium speed and steering wheel vibration at 120+

Fixes so far
2. 4 brand New tires (Tigar Michelin) 2days ago . Replaced the Michelin the car came with
5. Wheel hubs changed , because i was hearing a sort of helicopter sound. that solved that.

What's your cold tyre pressure?
Your tie rod ends?
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by mayor2013: 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2016
Check your suspension parts. Sway bar bushing, ball joints, linkages, shocks absorber

1 Like

Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:39am On Dec 19, 2016
Whynow:
Hi ,

Fixes so far

C.V joints inner side worn out.

Warning: before working on C.V joints.

1. Ensure vehicle has cooled for 12hr minimum.

2. Ensure replacement parts have been washed properly especially the tiny hole at the center.

4 Likes

Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:28am On Dec 19, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

C.V joints inner side worn out.

Warning: before working on C.V joints.

1. Ensure vehicle has cooled for 12hr minimum.

2. Ensure replacement parts have been washed properly especially the tiny hole at the center.

why it has to cool down for 12hrs
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by Whynow(m): 6:33am On Dec 19, 2016
Thank Gazuuz. That is true.
Reason I said so is , I had a 2005 honda pilot which had same issue and my mechanic detected and fixed.
Did not change the CV joint, he replaced some ring like bearing and greased.
Fast forward today with my Rx350.
I reminded him of d same and he disagreed that it must be this or that.

Yesterday I called my uncle who is seasoned with cars and he said same thing which aligns with what you just pointed.

I will fix asap. And it is time I change mechanic, he is loosing competence.

Do you mind I contact you for this opportunity?

1 Like

Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by sultaan(m): 7:07am On Dec 19, 2016
Check if the bump is speed dependent first , if the speed of bump increase with speed of wheel or engine when stationary.

spin the wheel with hand while car is on a lift or have the car in drive with all wheel off the ground(be careful) inspect driveshaft.

If you don't find it with wheels raised it means it happens wen suspension is under load so look at all suspension parts including exhaust pipe hangers and cracked alloy wheel

1 Like

Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:26am On Dec 19, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

why it has to cool down for 12hrs

because that gear is a weyrey. Go and google it. grin

1 Like

Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:32am On Dec 19, 2016
Whynow:
Hi ,
Fixes so far

Whynow:
Thank Gazuuz. That is true.
Reason I said so is , I had a 2005 honda pilot which had same issue and my mechanic detected and fixed.
Did not change the CV joint, he replaced some ring like bearing and greased.
Fast forward today with my Rx350.
I reminded him of d same and he disagreed that it must be this or that.

Yesterday I called my uncle who is seasoned with cars and he said same thing which aligns with what you just pointed.

I will fix asap. And it is time I change mechanic, he is loosing competence.

Do you mind I contact you for this opportunity?

I have suffer in your hand. 08033910382

2 Likes

Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by kingreign(m): 7:32am On Dec 19, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

grin it can decide to shut down on its own anytime, cos its got a mind of its own. grin grin
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by kingreign(m): 7:38am On Dec 19, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I have suffer in your hand.

This is what we mean when Jacob said, 'I will never let you go unless you bless me' grin grin
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:54am On Dec 19, 2016
kingreign:

This is what we mean when Jacob said, 'I will never let you go unless you bless me' grin grin

Nah my name him just de re mix......
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:44am On Dec 19, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

never heard of that, from any bulleting of manufacturer

your the 1st mechanic to let me know

is it specific to this model

1 Like

Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:52am On Dec 19, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

Remove one when engine is hot, you will get plenty hands on experience.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:14pm On Dec 19, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

come on you can wait 12hrs to wait for a car to cool down and take off the cv joint

do you work on car that sort off blast furnance ?

to me a cv joint is a straight to rump job
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by kingreign(m): 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

come on you can wait 12hrs to wait for a car to cool down and take off the cv joint

do you work on car that sort off blast furnance ?

to me a cv joint is a straight to rump job

Not 13 and 22 pin Toyota gearbox CV joint removal job.
Even when its cold, remove its CV joint, before you install a new CV if its not sparkling clean, you'd gain 'experience' too.
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by mayor2013: 8:24pm On Dec 19, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

12hrs sef too small. Na next day work be that. If client can't wait would ask him to take his car away
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by mayor2013: 8:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

The complain is all over the Internet. Toyota and lexus are both known for this. Manufacturers too be werey grin
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:07pm On Dec 19, 2016
mayor2013:

The complain is all over the Internet. Toyota and lexus are both known for this. Manufacturers too be werey grin

never came across it
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by kingreign(m): 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

never came across it

Pls, find an RX330, allow it cool off, yank off its CV joint, rub it in sand and throw it back into the transmission. Do this and give us a feedback.
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by chukel(m): 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

i had first hand experience on this. coughing out 430k for 22pin transmission wasn't funny
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by sultaan(m): 4:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
I am still waiting for the reason why you have to wait so long for things to cool down.

If transmission fluid normally run at 200F and you open it up at 100 the axle is riding on a seal I don't really see anything bad with warm system
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by kingreign(m): 4:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
chukel:
i had first hand experience on this. coughing out 430k for 22pin transmission wasn't funny

Not a funny experience.
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by kingreign(m): 4:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
sultaan:
I am still waiting for the reason why you have to wait so long for things to cool down.

If transmission fluid normally run at 200F and you open it up at 100 the axle is riding on a seal I don't really see anything bad with warm system

These transmissions are 'weyrey transmissions'. They have minds of their own.
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
sultaan:

you can say that again

waiting 12hrs for CV joint removal they said it allover internet but i have found anything from around the world except link to nigerian websites talking about it

but hey we learn new things

was checking this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyvpmbbj9SQ nothing was mentioned though the video is for 330 2004 model
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by sultaan(m): 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
Now on my Ford you have to drain the transmission fluid before pulling cv. I actually have to do it one of these days due to a common defect of improper finish on left hand CV causing gouging and transmission fluid leaks.

I want to believe that since most use tokunbo cv undesirable effects created that belief.
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by wisflag: 11:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
What's the estimated cost of buying a Lexus RX 350 2007 model. ...I'm considering going for one soon
Re: 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration by sultaan(m): 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
OP what was the problem,

Or you have gone ahead to modify the engine and transmission to 1997 camry drive train

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Renault’s EZ-GO Robot Taxi Is The Most Socially Responsible Concept In Geneva / View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. / Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.