Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,700 members, 7,805,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme (26495 Views)

Ndic -three Million Nigerians Lost N18bn To Mmm / We Can Only Pray For MMM Victims – NDIC / Cbn, Ndic Set To Investigate Bitcoin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by Firefire(m): 5:32pm On Dec 18, 2016
Una don start again? undecided
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by tnthommie(m): 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:
Digital currency has its problem. One day what happened to PM will equally happen to it. The game there's, don't save your hard earned money on a digital account, because it can froze without prior notice.

What happened to PM abi what happened to LR?
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by julioralph(m): 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
Illiterates full this administration sha

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by petsam11(m): 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
They don come again!!! But Godwin!!!
They leave their work they find things wey no concern them!!! But na Godwin!!!
Everything them do na Godwin o! Na Godwin oo!! Na Godwin ooo!!!
Everything then do na Godwin o! Na Godwin oo!! Na Godwin ooo!!!
#Bitcoin has come to stay!!! Na Godwin!!!
#FINISH!!!
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by Diplomaticbeing(m): 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
tnthommie:

You're correct bro, it was a typo.
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by KingsArome(m): 5:41pm On Dec 18, 2016
I weep for my country
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by yomalex(m): 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
Carrottop:
The unholy solemnization between MMM and Bitcoin may spell doom for BitCoin...BitCoin shouldn't have meddled with MMM.
without being insultive Do you even know what bitcoin is?
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by Carrottop(m): 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
yomalex:
without being insultive Do you even know what bitcoin is?
well, I do it's a cryptocurrency platform...just like Skrill..But then do you know MMM used Bitcoin as a payment platform offering 50% discount to users of Bitcoin?...that singular act of theirs should tell you they were in cohort and it brought in more people to the MMM fold....which is why the government is investigating their activity in Nigeria
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by just2endowed: 5:50pm On Dec 18, 2016
Carrottop:
The unholy solemnization between MMM and Bitcoin may spell doom for BitCoin...BitCoin shouldn't have meddled with MMM.

Dude u know shit about bitcoin. Look at your comments, u should like a primary school child. Bitcoin is a currency on its own, just like the naira dude. So u can as well say naira is in trouble for meddling with mmm. Dude

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 18, 2016
Do you live in Lagos State? Buy products and services using Bitcoins.. Join now https://www./353132181730606/
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by Efewestern: 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
fratermathy:
New schemes coming up everyday. Nawao.

bro not to worry, This is not a ponzy scheme.. its just like a payment method (E-currency), reading through the article FG said they might key into it if proper investigation is been made.
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by ahmtech93(m): 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2016
AleAirHub:
Confused Government undecided
We are waiting angry angry angry
angry
AleAirHub:
Confused Government undecided
We are waiting angry angry angry
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by yomalex(m): 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
Carrottop:
well, I do it's a cryptocurrency platform...just like Skrill, PayPal...But then do you know MMM used Bitcoin as a payment platform offering 50% discount to users of Bitcoin?...that singular act of their should tell you they were in cohort and it brought in more people to the MMM fold.
i can tell you that the volume of bitcoin transactions on MMM is negligible compared to the global transactions. basically anybody can use bitcoins.

3 Likes

Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by just2endowed: 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
Carrottop:
well, I do it's a cryptocurrency platform...just like Skrill..But then do you know MMM used Bitcoin as a payment platform offering 50% discount to users of Bitcoin?...that singular act of theirs should tell you they were in cohort and it brought in more people to the MMM fold....which is why the government is investigating their activity in Nigeria

You fail woefully. What u listed are payment solution mechanism dude. Let me give u a clue. Bitcoin is like having a digital currency. It's not different from physical asset such as Gold. Gold too is traded in international markets and price keep increasing. Bitcoin is use as a store of wealth.

3 Likes

Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
fooolish country ,other advanced countries are adopting bitcoins and blockchain technology we are probing it...

1 Like

Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
I believe they mean the "money-doubling" MMM style ponzi scheme going about not actually Bitcoin...one of such schemes onecoin, its a scam QED.

Nigerians and their baba God send down manna attitude to life will always fall for such scams.

No government can regulate Bitcoins but they can close down ponzi schemes that use Bitcoins as "payment".
#MyOneKobo

2 Likes

Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by kiddie(m): 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
Carrottop:
i marvel at your stupidity....make your research before spewing trash

1 Like

Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by amsoslim(m): 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
Sempumping:
Bitcoin available .... Contact me ASAP smiley kiss
pls intimate me on the bitcoin stuff. thanks
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by Carrottop(m): 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2016
just2endowed:

Dude u know shit about bitcoin. Look at your comments, u should like a primary school child. Bitcoin is a currency on its own, just like the naira dude. So u can as well say naira is in trouble for meddling with mmm. Dude
Brother Chill....BitCoin is a Cryptocurrency.. the Naira isn't a Cryptocurrency, so don't mix them up...Is the Bitcoin a legal tender?...Grab an Economics Textbook man and read up....BitCoin users were given preference under MMM( they were offered 50% more) this act attracted more people into MMM.
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by ernieboy(m): 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2016
Carrottop:
guy go and study what bitcoin is, even the US federal govt has not been able to control bitcoin much less this clueless govt filled with incompetent idiots. it is a peer to peer cryptocurrency with no central reserve or repository.
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by ernieboy(m): 5:56pm On Dec 18, 2016
tnthommie:

I think the guy was referring to LR, PM is still active and waxing stronger.
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by ernieboy(m): 5:57pm On Dec 18, 2016
Carrottop:
skrill is not a cryptocurrency
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by eph12(m): 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2016
Carrottop:
Smh
What solemnization are you talking about? Cos btc is to mmm what naira is to mmm so what you trying to say?
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by just2endowed: 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2016
U need bitcoin, contact me, I tell u what to know, fund ur wallet.
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by Carrottop(m): 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2016
kiddie:

i marvel at your stupidity....make your research before spewing trash
Mr Marvel Research Gang Prof Emeritus..well done sir...Anuofia!
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 18, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:
Digital currency has its problem. One day what happened to liberty reserve will equally happen to it. The game there's, don't save your hard earned money on a digital account, because it can freeze without prior notice.

You don't know how it works. You surely need the wikipedia to help you
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by Pebcak: 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
think of bitcoin as a type of currency, its not an investment scheme, just like naira, dollars but people in the IT world are more familiar with it.
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by eph12(m): 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
Carrottop:
Brother Chill....BitCoin is a Cryptocurrency.. the Naira isn't a Cryptocurrency, so don't mix them up...Is the Bitcoin a legal tender?...Grab an Economics Textbook man and read up....BitCoin users were given preference under MMM( they were offered 50% more) this act attracted more people into MMM.
I knew a lot of people doing mmm and none ph with btc so which blog have you been reading? You don't need to grab an economics text book written 5 years ago. Get updated by making research yourself.

5 Likes

Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by awuf2008: 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
NICE STEP IN RIGHT DIRECTION...
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by AZeD1(m): 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
Bitcoin is a Crypto currency based on block chain technology. Bitcoin is based on a mathematical formula and its mined using very power computers.

For those investing in Bitcoin, please note that there's a limit to the total number of bitcoins that can be mined. I think 4 million(not too sure.)
Re: CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme by Zedoo(m): 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2016
djakinwande:
What is bitcoin?? MMM in disguise? undecided

Ure in the lantern age

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? / Which Loan App Is The Best? / Dangote meets Mugabe on investment approval (PHOtO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.