Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,380 members, 7,800,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups (2078 Views)

Uchechi Okwu Kanu's Interview With BBC: "2019, No Nnamdi Kanu, No Voting" / 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Buhari, Says Tinubu / No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by sarrki(m): 4:11am On Dec 19, 2016
coalition of pressure and socio-political groups in the South-East on the banner of the Eastern Consultative Assembly, ECA, has made the restructuring of the country, a major condition for backing any candidate or political party in the 2019 general elections.

Rising from a meeting in Enugu, the Enugu State Capital, leaders of the groups, who lamented the killings of Igbo people in many parts of the country and refusal of the Federal Government to punish the culprits, said Nigeria cannot afford to continue with the unitary system of government.

Held at the residence of Chief Mrs. Maria Okwor, the meeting had in attendance leaders of the Clergy, Christian Association, CAN, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, town unions, students groups, women associations, youth organizations and traders unions. Also present at the meeting were relatives of Ndubisi Uzoma, who was beheaded by Fulani herdsmen, last week, in Abuja and Pastor Mike Agbahime, who decried the release of Dauda and co who murdered his 74 year old wife, Bridget, in Kano last June.

In a communique by Mrs. Maria Okwor and secretary of ECA, Evang. Elliot Ugochukwu-Uko, the ECA said ”the continued pretence by the central government that the loss of faith in unitary Nigeria as shown by various agitations for secession can be resolved through force of arms is childish and actually paints government as unserious and insincere about the need to save Nigeria’s future.

Every adult in Nigeria, knows Nigeria’s survival is hinged only on a sincere restructuring of the polity along the lines of regional autonomy, anchored on true fiscal federalism according to the 1963 constitution.

Continuous delay in restructuring Nigeria only deepens the acrimony, distrusts and fears presently ruling the land.” The leaders also tasked the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubabakar 111, who is visiting Enugu, today, on the killings of Igbo in the North and menace of Fulani herdsmen.

They said: ”As a new awareness slowly but certainly emerges from the ashes of these trying period, we warn our leaders without followers that their 46 years old self-centred agenda and mindless exploitation of the masses’ helplessness has abruptly come to an end, as they have to key in to the people’s demand of political restructuring of Nigeria, if they want to truly lead the people.

”No politician who is not in support of restructuring Nigeria will receive votes in Igbo land, from ward elections, through state and National legislative elections to governorship and presidential elections.

Our people will only vote for freedom from eternal slavery henceforth.” It condemned the release of Dauda Ahmed and co, who were charged for the murder of 74 year old Bridget Agbahime in Kano on June 2 2016, and urge both the Kano state government and the Federal government to re-arrest and retry the five murderers and bring to justice the killers of Mrs Agbahime as earlier promised by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The ECA also condemned the non arrest and prosecution of Fulani Herdsmen who beheaded and carted away the head of citizen Ndubisi Uzoma in Iddo, airport road Abuja last week over incessant altercations with Fulani herdsmen due to the destruction of his farms.

It stated that the continuous refusal by government to set up a Judicial commission of enquiry as demanded by the Senate, Amnesty International and others, over the extra-judicial killings of Igbo youths especially on February 9, 2016 at National High School Aba and St Edmonds Catholic Church Nkpor on May 30, 2016 has earned the secessionist groups more sympathy and painted government as the villain.

”The current government strategy of ‘we have enough ammunition to deal with you people’ exemplified by military operations named after all kinds of reptiles, is clearly not working.

Identifying and addressing the issues that has led millions of young people to lose faith in Nigeria remains the only solution to resolving these agitations. Military solution only exacerbates it,” it added.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/2019-no-restructuring-no-vote-south-east-igbo-groups/
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by sarrki(m): 4:12am On Dec 19, 2016
Observing the situation
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by DonLo: 4:21am On Dec 19, 2016
Restructuring the country will only occur with a selfless leader at the helm of affairs which Buhari is far from because it takes so much power away from the presidency. Imagine you all come to me every month to give you crumbs of what is rightly due you and you'll think I'll relinquish such power easily safe selflessness? Restructuring is the way forward. Though Atiku is advocating for it but I know he is only playing politics, telling the informed south what they want to hear as I know he'll do nothing.
The Igbos have every right to feel shortchanged due to the unwritten law of not allowing them presidency but they also have not helped issues with their tribal, pull him down and self hating politics. However, the possibility of restructuring comes with a southern leader which I think should be Igbo come 2019. Tinubu should support an Igbo presidency to unify the south and maybe pacify the North Central with the VP slot. This will send the economic retrogression policy maker, Buhari packing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by Nobody: 4:26am On Dec 19, 2016
God bless Ndi-igbo smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by BlackDBagba: 4:27am On Dec 19, 2016
A house divided amongst itself cannot stand.
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by Nobody: 4:28am On Dec 19, 2016
The strategy / focus should be to vote for candidates that will champion the cause of restructuring rather than election boycott. From Councillor, to Governor and to NASS members.
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by ThinkSmarter: 4:39am On Dec 19, 2016
Ebelebe ga~egbukwa ! ewooh! Chim'
Nigeria gat so many problems.
Religion and tribalism z really destroying Nigeria like cancer.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by Sibrah: 4:41am On Dec 19, 2016
sarrki:
coalition of pressure and socio-political groups in the South-East on the banner of the Eastern Consultative Assembly, ECA, has made the restructuring of the country, a major condition for backing any candidate or political party in the 2019 general elections.

Rising from a meeting in Enugu, the Enugu State Capital, leaders of the groups, who lamented the killings of Igbo people in many parts of the country and refusal of the Federal Government to punish the culprits, said Nigeria cannot afford to continue with the unitary system of government.

Held at the residence of Chief Mrs. Maria Okwor, the meeting had in attendance leaders of the Clergy, Christian Association, CAN, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, town unions, students groups, women associations, youth organizations and traders unions. Also present at the meeting were relatives of Ndubisi Uzoma, who was beheaded by Fulani herdsmen, last week, in Abuja and Pastor Mike Agbahime, who decried the release of Dauda and co who murdered his 74 year old wife, Bridget, in Kano last June.

In a communique by Mrs. Maria Okwor and secretary of ECA, Evang. Elliot Ugochukwu-Uko, the ECA said ”the continued pretence by the central government that the loss of faith in unitary Nigeria as shown by various agitations for secession can be resolved through force of arms is childish and actually paints government as unserious and insincere about the need to save Nigeria’s future.

Every adult in Nigeria, knows Nigeria’s survival is hinged only on a sincere restructuring of the polity along the lines of regional autonomy, anchored on true fiscal federalism according to the 1963 constitution.

Continuous delay in restructuring Nigeria only deepens the acrimony, distrusts and fears presently ruling the land.” The leaders also tasked the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubabakar 111, who is visiting Enugu, today, on the killings of Igbo in the North and menace of Fulani herdsmen.

They said: ”As a new awareness slowly but certainly emerges from the ashes of these trying period, we warn our leaders without followers that their 46 years old self-centred agenda and mindless exploitation of the masses’ helplessness has abruptly come to an end, as they have to key in to the people’s demand of political restructuring of Nigeria, if they want to truly lead the people.

”No politician who is not in support of restructuring Nigeria will receive votes in Igbo land, from ward elections, through state and National legislative elections to governorship and presidential elections.

Our people will only vote for freedom from eternal slavery henceforth.” It condemned the release of Dauda Ahmed and co, who were charged for the murder of 74 year old Bridget Agbahime in Kano on June 2 2016, and urge both the Kano state government and the Federal government to re-arrest and retry the five murderers and bring to justice the killers of Mrs Agbahime as earlier promised by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The ECA also condemned the non arrest and prosecution of Fulani Herdsmen who beheaded and carted away the head of citizen Ndubisi Uzoma in Iddo, airport road Abuja last week over incessant altercations with Fulani herdsmen due to the destruction of his farms.

It stated that the continuous refusal by government to set up a Judicial commission of enquiry as demanded by the Senate, Amnesty International and others, over the extra-judicial killings of Igbo youths especially on February 9, 2016 at National High School Aba and St Edmonds Catholic Church Nkpor on May 30, 2016 has earned the secessionist groups more sympathy and painted government as the villain.

”The current government strategy of ‘we have enough ammunition to deal with you people’ exemplified by military operations named after all kinds of reptiles, is clearly not working.

Identifying and addressing the issues that has led millions of young people to lose faith in Nigeria remains the only solution to resolving these agitations. Military solution only exacerbates it,” it added.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/2019-no-restructuring-no-vote-south-east-igbo-groups/
OK
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by sarrki(m): 5:01am On Dec 19, 2016
DonLo:
Restructuring the country will only occur with a selfless leader at the helm of affairs which Buhari is far from because it takes so much power away from the presidency. Imagine you all come to me every month to give you crumbs of what is rightly due you and you'll think I'll relinquish such power easily safe selflessness? Restructuring is the way forward. Though Atiku is advocating for it but I know he is only playing politics, telling the informed south what they want to hear as I know he'll do nothing.
The Igbos have every right to feel shortchanged due to the unwritten law of not allowing them presidency but they also have not helped issues with their tribal, pull him down and self hating politics. However, the possibility of restructuring comes with a southern leader which I think should be Igbo come 2019. Tinubu should support an Igbo presidency to unify the south and maybe pacify the North Central with the VP slot. This will send the economic retrogression policy maker, Buhari packing.

Yeah tinubu will support a selfless leader from any part of the country.
The online rabble rouser should learn that for an igbo presidency to materialize , theu have to show maximum respect , honor and understanding to the OMOLUABIS.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by DonLo: 5:07am On Dec 19, 2016
sarrki:

Yeah tinubu will support a selfless leader from any part of the country.
The online rabble rouser should learn that for an igbo presidency to materialize , theu have to show maximum respect , honor and understanding to the OMOLUABIS.
A united south is the key bro and not the unnecessary rivalry.
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by sarrki(m): 5:13am On Dec 19, 2016
DonLo:

A united south is the key bro and not the unnecessary rivalry.

Bro read two of your post this morning highly commendable

2 Likes

Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by DonLo: 5:15am On Dec 19, 2016
sarrki:

Bro read two of your post this morning highly commendable
Following your footpath #winks

1 Like

Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by MrImole: 5:20am On Dec 19, 2016
These guys are joking, you don't threaten a republic, it's a very foolish thing to say the least.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by Nobody: 5:37am On Dec 19, 2016
Best, but northerners are ready to fight with their last drop of blood to ensure that such is not implemented, but that won't stop anything. Restructure now or disintegrate !!
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:38am On Dec 19, 2016
MrImole:
These guys are joking, you don't threaten a republic, it's a very foolish thing to say the least.
Why would an ATIKU, myself and some other liberal hausa-fulani men support Restructuring and a disadvantaged southerner like you will sound nasty about it?
I am yet to understand why some of you think you are humans. A system is skewed against you and yet you wish it should continue? Even slaves make efforts to gain freedom. Or are there conditions worse than slaves? shocked shocked

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by HoodedCLAWs(m): 5:42am On Dec 19, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:

Why would an ATIKU, myself and some other liberal hausa-fulani men support Restructuring and a disadvantaged southerner like you will sound nasty about it?
I am yet to understand why some of you think you are humans. A system is skewed against you and yet you wish it should continue? Even slaves make efforts to gain freedom. Or are there conditions worse than slaves? shocked shocked
You don't really wish to imagine the level of hatred in some of our southerners for ourselves cry cry
Spare yourself the wisdom grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by MayorofLagos(m): 5:45am On Dec 19, 2016
I want my brothers in East to calm down and proceed gently over this matter. We are all Nigerians and its of utmost important at this time of our political history in particular, that every group be brought along. What unites us is far more important and desirable than what divides us. You have tabled your grievances, give time for the authorities to look into these issues for you and bring some solutions, after all every region is impacted by the changes you demand and no other ethnic group is more enmeshed and difficult to uproot anywhere in Nigeria than the Ibo tribe. This One Nigeria is even more benefial and rewarding for Ibo people more than anyone else, so why would you, of all people in Nigeria, want to disrupt a source of sustainable benefit to you?

We will look at reviewing Kanu's case so as to show the One Nigeria committment.
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by CORTANA: 5:46am On Dec 19, 2016
The ussual hateful suspects and born confusionists are already here doing what their tribe is known for.
RESTRUCTURING IS THE WAY FORWARD!
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by sarrki(m): 5:47am On Dec 19, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:

You are not a northerner .

Its good for one to be proud of his origin

I don't have problem with restructuring

My concerns are we as a people are not even ready

Atiku is not the one to tell us we all know
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:49am On Dec 19, 2016
MayorofLagos:
I want my brothers in East to calm down and proceed gently over this matter. We are all Nigerians and its of utmost important at this time of our political history in particular, that every group be brought along. What unites us is far more important and desirable than what divides us. You have tabled your grievances, give time for the authorities to look into these issues for you and bring some solutions, after all every region is impacted by the changes you demand and no other ethnic group is more enmeshed and difficult to uproot anywhere in Nigeria than the Ibo tribe. This One Nigeria is even more benefial and rewarding for Ibo people more than anyone else, so why would you, of all people in Nigeria, want to disrupt a source of sustainable benefit to you?

We will look at reviewing Kanu's case so as to show the One Nigeria committment.
This is how we should sound about each other. Good one!
The skewed system should be balanced. A balanced system brings out the best in everybody. The present system is destroying my people while favouring our elites
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by Deenite(m): 5:51am On Dec 19, 2016
Its possible only if everyone agrees not to vote, bt some rats will still vote
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:52am On Dec 19, 2016
sarrki:

You are not a northerner .

Its good for one to be proud of his origin

I don't have problem with restructuring

My concerns are we as a people are not even ready

Atiku is not the one to tell us we all know
I have nothing to prove to you, and i owe you no explanation as to where i am from on an anonymous forum. Btw the topic is not about origin! And you might as well be from cotonou.
I am only glad you are not against restructuring. cool
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by sarrki(m): 5:55am On Dec 19, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Kanu must apologize to Mr president

Also he must Apologize to all Nigerians home and abroad.

Then he will be pardoned
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:56am On Dec 19, 2016
ISDKING:
Best, but northerners are ready to fight with their last drop of blood to ensure that such is not implemented, but that won't stop anything. Restructure now or disintegrate !!
Generalisation!
Speak for yourself
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by MayorofLagos(m): 5:58am On Dec 19, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:

grin. This dude separated himself from the mainstream Northern political bandits, distinguishes himself liberal. Wow!

Then he insulted the dude by identifying him as a helpless fellow who needs the "liberal" bandits (different from the fulani mercenary bandits) help to attain political relevance in the nation.

If anyone needs help in this country for political relevance it is fulani. Do you not yet see what is happening in your North? grin
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by MayorofLagos(m): 6:00am On Dec 19, 2016
sarrki:

Kanu must apologize to Mr president

Also he must Apologize to all Nigerians home and abroad.

Then he will be pardoned

Apologize for what?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by Atiku2019: 6:02am On Dec 19, 2016
100% Restructuring cool

#Atiku2019
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by fulaniHERDSman(m): 6:02am On Dec 19, 2016
MayorofLagos:

grin. This dude separated himself from the mainstream Northern political bandits, distinguishes himself liberal. Wow!

Then he insulted the dude by identifying him as a helpless fellow who needs the "liberal" bandits (different from the fulani mercenary bandits) help to attain political relevance in the nation.

If anyone needs help in this country for political relevance it is fulani. Do you not yet see what is happening in your North? grin
We talking restructioning ... why always digress to areas that only propagate disunity? You sounded so matured up there and in one breath you've typically destroyed it. Bros why na? We all need restructuring, chikenan! cool
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by sarrki(m): 6:03am On Dec 19, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Apologize for what?

For the pains he caused psychological, mentally and

Physical to our dear country.

Alot of people died in the process , properties were destroyed and Alot lost their means of livelihood
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by MayorofLagos(m): 6:04am On Dec 19, 2016
Kingsolex1:
.please nairalanders help a fellow member win the next rated artist.. just click on the link and like her photo to cast your vote...

https://m.facebook.com/superxcluvites/photos/a.615844325263004.1073741829.566378513542919/651097468404356/?type=3&comment_id=665412856972817&_rdr#665412856972817

I hate junk. Artist for what? Promote her properly and sell us the reasons why we should vote. Waiting....
Re: 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups by MrImole: 6:05am On Dec 19, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:

eeya!

So, what are you going to do now?

You're not getting it, what you are asking for is possible, not just ever.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Wike, Fayose, Others Set To Lose Immunity - Brutal Arrest Imminent / Profile Of Buhari’s New Minister of State for Petroleum, Timipre Sylva (Photo) / A Few Quiet, Laudable Buhari Projects In The South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.