Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It (9481 Views)

Depressed Because Of My Yeye K Legs / I'm Depressed Over My Height / My Head Is Getting Bald And It Is Making Me Feel Depressed,pls Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by JuicyGee(f): 9:01am On Dec 19, 2016
Uhm.. I think I've been depressed since 2007.. The thing is I don't know if its depression. I mean, can someone be depressed without knowing it for such a long time? I'm really lazy to type right now.. All I can say is I went into a deep sadness in 2007/2008 when my parents divorced. Then I had self esteem probs in through out secondary school.. I enjoy being alone.. Sometimes I wish I was alone in the whole world. This morning I woke up having suicidal thoughts (to me I just think its me messing with my imagination, nothing serious), inflicting pain on myself emotionally and it feels good.. I don't know.. Maybe it isn't depression, maybe I'm having a bad morning, maybe its my period messing with my head. I just think its one of those sad days.. I don't know

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 19, 2016
Trust me you don't have a problem.. If i put you in ma shoes, am sure you would have committed suicide already. Truth is i try to make maself happy in face of sadness or loss of hope. Try not to be an Introvert, rather be and extrovert. Have friends that you can talk to, trusted friends you can confide in.. Humans were made in pairs, no one is meant to stay or do things alone.. just get a like mind as your friend, have fun, go to events, hang out, visit places, abstain from nairaland, social media et al. cos social media. encloses people, some people make social media their best friend and that in turn kills their social life cos they hardly have real people to talk to...

29 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by yomi007k(m): 12:46pm On Dec 19, 2016
undecided
Wow based on ur symptoms, u r deprrssed.

U need to lighten up.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by veekid(m): 12:50pm On Dec 19, 2016

here to read comments
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by 1N9a: 12:51pm On Dec 19, 2016
Nice1 @ op cool
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by LEOSIRSIR(m): 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
here to learn and read comments
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by godin: 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
yes buhari is depressed and he doesn't know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Unsad(m): 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
Depression is real af. Been battling years ago and now I've had to live with it. Just always have people who you can talk too and try to laugh as much as possible. My case is even schizophrenia mixed with depression and been like that for years.... Just try to find somethings in life to be happy about. Alcohol is also one of the things I use to supress it.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
Depression comes in many ways. Sometimes it takes time to realise you've been battling depression. Depression is really bad. Takes a lot to get out of it. But no matter how deep it is, just remain positive. I'm presently in one but will come out victorious

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
Space for sale
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by emmyw(m): 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
Really

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Israeljones(m): 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
If ur story is true
U need a friend....(male preferably) this no joke.. .trust me it works

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Greedgod: 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
emmypong:
Space for sale

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
make i go wear my glass
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by hazyfm1: 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
As long as it is possible to be mad and not know it, it is possible to be depressed and not know it

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Olamyyde(m): 12:55pm On Dec 19, 2016
yes u can be depressed without realizing that u are. Besides depression is directly proportional to recession grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 19, 2016

Depression is for weak minded kids

People find excuses or someone to blame for their mishaps

Your parents divorce shouldn't be a cause for depression ?? If you experience what I've gone through, you will not last for 3 days

I have a degree in psychology, conditions doesn't determine your mood or state of mind, your weak mind is responsible for that, if you tell yourself that you will be happy throughout the day, that's what you will get

The solution to your "depression" is

1. Find a boyfriend that will be laying the pipe frequently, sex is a medicine to stress and depression

2. Weed, just hit that shiit one time and you will be sitting all day laughing with your imaginary friends

3. Find a job : a jobless individual is venerable

6 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Divay22(f): 12:55pm On Dec 19, 2016
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by msmarty(f): 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2016
are you sure it not a broken heart issue
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by discman2k2(m): 12:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
JuicyGee:
Uhm.. I think I've been depressed since 2007.. The thing is I don't know if its depression. I mean, can someone be depressed without knowing it for such a long time? I'm really lazy to type right now.. All I can say is I went into a deep sadness in 2007/2008 when my parents divorced. Then I had self esteem probs in through out secondary school.. I enjoy being alone.. Sometimes I wish I was alone in the whole world. This morning I woke up having suicidal thoughts (to me I just think its me messing with my imagination, nothing serious), inflicting pain on myself emotionally and it feels good.. I don't know.. Maybe it isn't depression, maybe I'm having a bad morning, maybe its my period messing with my head. I just think its one of those sad days.. I don't know
Hi, Juicygee, kindly reach me thru discman2k2@gmail.com, I urgently need to speak with you concerning your current description. Urgent pls.
God bless you for Sharing your heart.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Afam4eva(m): 12:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
JuicyGee:

There are noticeable symptoms of depressions which includes deep sadness, self esteem issues, body weakness, suicidal thoughts and being aloof. Your problem may be clinical depression. Go and see a psychiatrist.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by shadrach77: 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2016
JuicyGee:

That's definitely depression my dear and you know it. Suicide is not the answer. Try getting closer to God. Drink a lot of fluid, sleep a lot and pray a lot. Start by reading Psalm 23 and 121. You'll be fine smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 19, 2016
Feeling down and low should not be mistaken for clinical depression which is a metal disease. Everyone has feelings of high and low at some point in their lives but if you feel consistently gloom for a period of 2 weeks, i suggest you see a physician because depression very dangerous and can lead to suicide. Yes it is very possible to have clinical depression and not know it.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 19, 2016
Greedgod:
huh undecided
Uncle what yaff I done
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by korrej(m): 1:01pm On Dec 19, 2016
from a psychological point of view...read these books....1.COGNITIVE PERSPECTIVE ON EMOTIONS by mark pettinelli 2.NO BOUNDARY by ken wilber....the first book will make you understand what an emotion is and you will get to know about depression... the second book will open your mind to how things around you makes you and how to appreciate the good and bad experiences and come out tall...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by RichieDaVinci01(m): 1:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
Many of us battle depression... That your favorite food is just thrash... Your birthday is just like another day and everyday you think of why you are even here.. Everything is just thrash thrash thrash ,esteem issues makes you feel you dont deserve anything good or you just one big loser.. Ive been there and am still in that abyss of depression but one day it'll be aiit just leave your PC and go out for a change all will be well soon

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by lele007: 1:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
"may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, AND THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT be with you."

The statement in bold type is what you are lacking, why your joy is missing.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Greedgod: 1:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
emmypong:
Uncle what yaff I done
y u dy sell space wey no be ur own ?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
SMh...

No one's Really helping her. Like NL is all shades of Fücked Up! sad

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Greedgod: 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Depression is for weak minded kids

Your parents divorce shouldn't be a cause for depression ?? If you experience what I've gone through, you will not last for 3 days

The solution to your "depression" is

1. Find a boyfriend that will be laying the pipe frequently, sex is a medicine to stress and depression

2. Weed, just hit that shiit one time and you will be sitting all day laughing with your imaginary friend

cos of number 1 , i am giving u

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by doskie(m): 1:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
JuicyGee:
please connect with me. I've been there. I had esteem problems too and a really tough childhood. I have learned sooo much about life now. I developed a method where i always wrote out my innermost thoughts in a book in form of poems, today when i read those things i realize how close i was to pulling the string. Its all good. There are simple ways to live life and achieve happiness. Helping others who are less privileged makes us happier humans. Now i am happy to be alive. I have conquered my fears regrets and worries by the grace of God. I testify to the fact that this universe has a grand architect and He is sufficient for us as a helper. I visit the beach, adventurous places, i write, play chess, and play with kids. I have left my past and embraced a happy present. If you ever feel like talking to someone about anything, please reach me via email and I will respond to you with immediate alacrity. I am a good listener, i don't brag, and i am not over assuming, i could be your good friend when you need one most. Never give up on life, look at the sky at night, there are brighter sides, together we can unlock them.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 19, 2016
Greedgod:

y u dy sell space wey no be ur own ?
You dey mind the guy?
Meanwhile check my signature.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lassa Fever Resurfaces In Abeokuta; One Person Dead Already / My Experience At Stella Obasanjo Hospital, Benin City. / How To Get Rid Of Sagging Breast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.