Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:58 PM

Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship (12183 Views)

Nigeria retains 2017 World Scrabble Championship / Moses Peter In The Final Of The World Scrabble Championship / 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by badassProdigy(m): 10:04am On Dec 19, 2016
Saidu Ayorinde of Nigeria on Sunday emerged the 13th Africa Scrabble Champion winning 23 games of 32 in Tema, Ghana.

Ayorinde dethroned another Nigerian, Nsikakabasi Etim, the immediate past Scrabble Champion in Africa, when he finished first in a 32-game scrabble marathon to become the best in the duel.

As the new No.1 in Africa, yorinde has been ranked 16th at the 2015 World Scrabble championship.

Some Nigerians, Eta Karo, Umebiye Cyril, Nsikakabasi Etim and Rex Ogbakpa emerged in the second, third, fourth and fifth positions respectively.

A Kenyan, Gitonga Nberitou, broke Nigerian line up to take the sixth position.

Other Nigerians in the listing are: Ogbogu Azubuike, seventh; Dennis Ikekeregor, eight; and Anthony Ikolo, the National Scrabble Coach of the Senior Team, ninth. John Curtis Ebomah came tenth.

Nigeria won nine of the ten positions in the championship and consolidated its position as the best team of the championship since nine of its representatives finished in top positions.

Mr. Ikolo told NAN in an interview that the victory was due to hard work and dedication.

“It is a testimony to the potential of Nigerians and the sacrifice and hard work of the players.”

http://www.certifiednaija.com/2016/12/meet-saidu-ayorinde-nigeria-new-no1.html?m=1

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by badassProdigy(m): 10:05am On Dec 19, 2016
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by tobtap: 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2016
omo dada

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by herzern(m): 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2016
Saidu Ayorinde of Nigeria on Sunday emerged the 13th Africa Scrabble Champion

YORUBA BLOOD!

BRAINY!!

MORE SUCCESS TO MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Dc4life(m): 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2016
Congrats Breda! Someone should contact our red Barret spended Minister, Dalung didn't know he would win so he should start a protest to NA to be recognized grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by paulchineduN(m): 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2016
U try
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by wintersnow(m): 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
I GUESS NO ONE IS DRAGGING MY NUMBER ONE IN WOMEN AFFIARS
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by osaslord500(m): 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
grin
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by ylaa(f): 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
How do I enter this competition?
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by abbeyoye2001(m): 2:22pm On Dec 19, 2016
congrats wink
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by ettybaba(m): 2:22pm On Dec 19, 2016
Good one brother.
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Mujaheeeden: 2:23pm On Dec 19, 2016
Why wil someone win anything under this useless Buhari and Dalung?

Bros more protesting to your shoes.

Congrats bro
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Kaymercury(m): 2:23pm On Dec 19, 2016
afonja
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Sanuzi(m): 2:23pm On Dec 19, 2016
Congrats friend
badassProdigy:
Saidu Ayorinde of Nigeria on Sunday emerged the 13th Africa Scrabble Champion winning 23 games of 32 in Tema, Ghana.

Ayorinde dethroned another Nigerian, Nsikakabasi Etim, the immediate past Scrabble Champion in Africa, when he finished first in a 32-game scrabble marathon to become the best in the duel.

As the new No.1 in Africa, yorinde has been ranked 16th at the 2015 World Scrabble championship.

Some Nigerians, Eta Karo, Umebiye Cyril, Nsikakabasi Etim and Rex Ogbakpa emerged in the second, third, fourth and fifth positions respectively.

A Kenyan, Gitonga Nberitou, broke Nigerian line up to take the sixth position.

Other Nigerians in the listing are: Ogbogu Azubuike, seventh; Dennis Ikekeregor, eight; and Anthony Ikolo, the National Scrabble Coach of the Senior Team, ninth. John Curtis Ebomah came tenth.

Nigeria won nine of the ten positions in the championship and consolidated its position as the best team of the championship since nine of its representatives finished in top positions.

Mr. Ikolo told NAN in an interview that the victory was due to hard work and dedication.

“It is a testimony to the potential of Nigerians and the sacrifice and hard work of the players.”

http://www.certifiednaija.com/2016/12/meet-saidu-ayorinde-nigeria-new-no1.html?m=1
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by izzy4shizzy(m): 2:23pm On Dec 19, 2016
Scrabble is bae

2 Likes

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by INTROVERT(f): 2:23pm On Dec 19, 2016
Wow. Nice
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Mujaheeeden: 2:24pm On Dec 19, 2016
herzern:

YORUBA BLOOD!

BRAINY!!

MORE SUCCESS TO MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER.

The money to spend on the Yoruba man has been Spended by Your Dalung Hero

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by okasebe(m): 2:24pm On Dec 19, 2016
From the west

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 19, 2016
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by MrIcredible: 2:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
Dictionaryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Proffdada: 2:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by midolian(m): 2:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
Whoever thinks he/she can/will beat me in this game, should pm me..

I was N0.15 worldwide on Fightin' words b4 it crashed.
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by olaolulazio(m): 2:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
Yourbaaaa will represent WaZoBia.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by toothyGrin: 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2016
midolian:
Whoever thinks he/she can/will beat me in this game, should pm me..

I was N0.15 worldwide on Fightin' words b4 it crashed.
challenge accepted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by wyzoe: 2:33pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hes the African champion not the Nigerian Champion.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by gulfer: 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2016
WEST IS BEST grin grin grin cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by SCRABBLEBOARD: 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2016
He did this in some gut wrenching manner .
Playing some terrific words along
BiLINGUAl was a beautiful find through double Ls.
Ayo had to wait for Nderitu Kitonga, Kenyan, to hand him the win.
He played a nonword GUTCHES which Ayo challenged off the board.
Nigerians on social media went berserk when the favour was done to us.
Memes and wisecracks followed the episode and a huge relieve to everyone .
TERAGLIN, x9, was the icing on a beautiful weekend of pure Scrabble genius.

Ayo came 3rd earlier in the month in Causeway Challenge in Malaysia. This is the toughest competition on earth.

Nigeria was the over best performing Nation in the same competition.
Stand up for SCRABBLE.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 19, 2016
Pls let him meet me, he go no say no be him the number one for Nigeria....this is a CHALLENGE.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's Flamingos Vs South-african Bantwana : 6 - 0 / Aruna Quadri Is Africa’s Table Tennis Best, Ranks 21 Globally / Asisat Oshoala Has A Hamstring Injury. Is Doubtful Champions League Game.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.