Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas (14886 Views)

My Teenage Sister Already Having Sex With Yahoo Boys & My Father Is An Extremist / Mother And Her 2 Teenage Twin Daughters Pregnant For One Man (photos) / The Alarming Statistic Of Paternity Fraud In Nigeria – Are You Your Baby’s Daddy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by Rockyrascal(m): 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2016
MeAboki:

That is why the Muslim north marry off their girls early; it is better they bear their children under the respectability of marriage than produce them out of wedlock, as Bastards - yet some ppl are abusing us as backwards and paedophiles - making reference to extreme examples as the norm to justify their insults.

This is what you get from abandoning your moral compass and adopting wayward ways in the name of advancement - skimpily dressed young school girls fornicating left right and centre/ doing runs and lots of baby mamas.
if this is your reason for getting married to under age girls then

1 Like

Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by Fourwinds: 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
some here have aborted...simply because they are in d city...

1 Like

Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by Moboj: 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2016
If the male's too can be taught "decency" this thing will reduce a bit
Abstainance shouldn't be a female thing alone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by VeecThorr(m): 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2016
"Criminalize Teenage pregnancy" Nigga what u smoking?
Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by dickoflife(m): 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tolupride:
The alarming rate of teenage pregnancy in the Rural areas

The incessant increase is rate of teenage pregnancy in the Rural area is so alarming and obnoxious, this societal problem is as dangerous and damaging as other social vices e.g Cultism, Drug, thuggery etc

This societal abnormality as begin to seems normal in the Rural areas, this problem is not peculiar to the Rural area, but the recent rise in the rate of teenage pregnancy in that part is unprecedented

My recent visit to my village,in the Yuletide mood expose me to another dimension of this vices, which got me pissed off.

Hardly can you see a girl in her early 20's and teens without having a baby or two out of wedlock, is so disheartening hearing stories of 14,15 years old kids so exposed sexually, the moral bankruptcy of our youths both male and females is so injurious to our societal standing and status, Urgent measures are needed to be taken to avert the pending danger of this abnormality ...

Pointing out the problems without proposing solutions is fruitless, So in lieu of the aforementioned problem, these are the my proposed solutions

1. Including sex education in our secondary school syllabus

2. Organising seminars to orientate the youth about the danger and control of sex, the message should be
Targeted to both sexes, not just at the girls.

3. Parent have a lot of task in this context, by teaching and counselling their wards about the danger of tenage pregnancy and other moral lessons

4. The community as a whole as their part to play by reporting any suspicious dealings with underage girls and boys and also placing caution on them

5. The adult male are the major perpetrators of this evil act, by devilishly taking advantage of this tenage girls..knowing fully the pending danger it can cause to the girls career ambition and future, forgetting the girl can be their sisters, daughters, etc. adult males are advised to find conscience if they gat none, to find end to this societal problem. And Lastly

5. Criminalising the act of teenage pregnancy: I think this will go a long way in curbing this crises, by punishing the offender with a threat of imprisonment ,I think this will enable other youth take caution of this act knowing fully the punishment awaiting offenders...I think females have the potential of becoming whatever they desires, so we shouldn't allow the selfish act of some people ,with their desire of few minutes pleasure to ruin the future of our female children by taking advantage of their gullibility.

I think we all have our roles to play in curbing this crises..

Written by a concerned citizen..

Lamidi Sheriffdeen Toluwase.
i agree with some of your write up but not all... a girl in her 20's can do whatever she pleases and nobody's biz. An 18 uear old same, you cant think for her cus she is an adult. The problem we have in this country is we draw development back by leaning on slave mentality. In Nigeria it is still a custom that when your family members dont accept a person you cannot marry the person even if their fears are just from personal dislike or a wish for someone of societal standards that is higher. However if you say 15 and 16 year olds i agree with you that it is wrong and neexs to be checkmated... but how do you do that when sex is something we protect more than value. The reason this kids get pregnamt alot is because our society places such a high premium on sex whereas nature itself made the body to yearn for sex at an early age. Back in the days 15, 16 was ripe for marriage because all the training they need was already instilled in them. In most developed countries today a vast majority of teens can start their own families early because they were allowed to stand on their own early in life. At 25 your father will wait for you at the door to query your noctural movement as if he will be alive forever.

Sorry for my epistle. Bottom line is we need to educate our kids from an early age and let society be more independent other than trying to monitor them in our hipocrisy. The same adults who scream upandan are those who impregnate 14 year old kids. All the governors in Nigeria today starting from fayose who has turned ekiti state govt house to his private brothel where he sleeps with 3 gals every night are the root of the problem. When your leaders are not upright then you cannot be in a sane society.

1 Like

Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by MeAboki(m): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2016
Rockyrascal:
if this is your reason for getting married to under age girls then

And you must be a product of those under aged girls producing children out of wedlock a.k.a. bastards.

Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by oshorstan(f): 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2016
Come to my community @ Idunmwungha community , Uhunvbode lga of Edo state, you will cry.. A girl of 10 already has the mindset of teenage pregnancy as an achievement simply because her elder sis did same. The Education value system is Zero. The Secondary school principal is only interested in the money from students as community levy , without her employing adequate teachers to complement the few. Pregnancy is an achievement in my community. smh
Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by AK481(m): 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
The solution: preach condom aggressively
I wonder how many girls I would AV impregnated if I have done it without my best friend on, "condom"

1 Like

Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 19, 2016
Easy access to photography.
Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by playtheblues(f): 6:33pm On Dec 19, 2016
Not in the East and South South.
Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by Tolupride(m): 11:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
Mujtahida:

Gosh! Wetin be dis! See killing of English abeg. This is intolerably bad. I know that English is not our native language but this write up is littered with just too many blunders.
So from the whole message, the only comment u can manage to harmonise in ur head was to criticise the English, nothing can seems meaningful to you..it really tell me more about who u are. anyway no one is an island of knowledge. I stand to be corrected. the message was composed on an impromptu basis without d thought of making Fp..
Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by Mujtahida: 5:30am On Dec 21, 2016
Tolupride:

So from the whole message, the only comment u can manage to harmonise in ur head was to criticise the English, nothing can seems meaningful to you..it really tell me more about who u are. anyway no one is an island of knowledge. I stand to be corrected. the message was composed on an impromptu basis without d thought of making Fp..
The truth is I was so put off by the grammatical blunders that I couldn't read through although I scanned through the write up and I get the gist of the write up. For whatever reason it's always best to write in correct English. I am sure I am not the only one who felt repulsed by the blunders.
Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by Tolupride(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2016
Tolupride:
The alarming rate of teenage pregnancy in the Rural areas

The incessant increase in the rate of teenage pregnancy in the Rural area is so alarming and obnoxious, this societal problem is as dangerous and damaging as other social vices e.g Cultism, Drug, thuggery etc

This societal abnormality as begin to seems normal in the Rural areas, this problem is not peculiar to the Rural area, but the recent rise in the rate of teenage pregnancy in that part is unprecedented

My recent visit to my village,in the Yuletide mood expose me to another dimension of this vices, which got me pissed off.

Hardly can you see a girl in her early 20's and teens without having a baby or two out of wedlock, is so disheartening hearing stories of 14,15 years old kids so exposed sexually, the moral bankruptcy of our youths both male and females is so injurious to our societal standing and status, Urgent measures are needed to be taken to avert the pending danger of this abnormality ...

Pointing out the problems without proposing solutions is fruitless, So in lieu of the aforementioned problem, these are the my proposed solutions

1. Including sex education in our secondary school syllabus

2. Organising seminars to orientate the youth about the danger and control of sex, the message should be
Targeted to both sexes, not just at the girls.

3. Parent have a lot of task in this context, by teaching and counselling their wards about the danger of tenage pregnancy and other moral lessons

4. The community as a whole as their part to play by reporting any suspicious dealings with underage girls and boys and also placing caution on them

5. The adult male are the major perpetrators of this evil act, by devilishly taking advantage of this tenage girls..knowing fully the pending danger it can cause to the girls career ambition and future, forgetting the girl can be their sisters, daughters, etc. adult males are advised to find conscience if they gat none, to find end to this societal problem. And Lastly

5. Criminalising the act of teenage pregnancy: I think this will go a long way in curbing this crises, by punishing the offender with a threat of imprisonment ,I think this will enable other youth take caution of this act knowing fully the punishment awaiting offenders...I think females have the potential of becoming whatever they desires, so we shouldn't allow the selfish act of some people ,with their desire of few minutes pleasure to ruin the future of our female children by taking advantage of their gullibility.

I think we all have our roles to play in curbing this crises..

Written by a concerned citizen..

Lamidi Sheriffdeen Toluwase.
Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by 1234onyekwe: 10:16pm On Apr 24, 2017
dickoflife:
i agree with some of your write up but not all... a girl in her 20's can do whatever she pleases and nobody's biz. An 18 uear old same, you cant think for her cus she is an adult. The problem we have in this country is we draw development back by leaning on slave mentality. In Nigeria it is still a custom that when your family members dont accept a person you cannot marry the person even if their fears are just from personal dislike or a wish for someone of societal standards that is higher. However if you say 15 and 16 year olds i agree with you that it is wrong and neexs to be checkmated... but how do you do that when sex is something we protect more than value. The reason this kids get pregnamt alot is because our society places such a high premium on sex whereas nature itself made the body to yearn for sex at an early age. Back in the days 15, 16 was ripe for marriage because all the training they need was already instilled in them. In most developed countries today a vast majority of teens can start their own families early because they were allowed to stand on their own early in life. At 25 your father will wait for you at the door to query your noctural movement as if he will be alive forever.

Sorry for my epistle. Bottom line is we need to educate our kids from an early age and let society be more independent other than trying to monitor them in our hipocrisy. The same adults who scream upandan are those who impregnate 14 year old kids. All the governors in Nigeria today starting from fayose who has turned ekiti state govt house to his private brothel where he sleeps with 3 gals every night are the root of the problem. When your leaders are not upright then you cannot be in a sane society.
chisos ! U mean fayose of all people sleeps with 3 girls every day.

1 Like

Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by dickoflife(m): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
1234onyekwe:
chisos ! U mean fayose of all people sleeps with 3 girls every day.
yes na
Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 26, 2017
l stand to be corrected, but from what I have observed here esp in the south south,calabar to be precise, the women here,give birth to 4 to 5 or more kids b4 they clock 25 or more,these kids are from different men,no particular man as their husband,if they eventually find a man willing to accommodate them,they move in with them, thereby abandoning their kids to fend for themselves, these kids becomes street children roaming around the state,exposed to different dangers ,they get to sleep with themselves and the circle continues.
Another thing is that they see it as a a normal thing,they hardly pay attention to their daughters,they allow them to live their lives as they like,I have seen many young grandmothers,i have seen a situation where a woman gives birth to many children for diff men,3 or more,the girls will grow up and follow their step,the situation has eaten deep, there is no solution to end it completely

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Can A Woman Do If Her Husband Keeps Threatening Her With Death? / Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? / 10year Old Girl Give Birth After 8months Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.