Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough (4379 Views)

12 Signs The Man You Are With Is Not Husband Material / A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? / Do You Have A Breakup Plan? When You’re Dating Someone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Lordxonline(m): 1:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
The official beginning of adulthood has always been on a sliding scale. The process starts at 18, when you’re allowed to vote, die for your country and be tried as an adult, but I think most of us can agree that we still have a lot of growing up to do at that age. The next step is 21, and while in the “Mad Men” era that may have been the age when all men were expected to put childish things away, get married and be on their way to starting a career, that’s no longer the case. Hell, it’s arguable that being able to legally buy beer actually causes a step down in maturity for a lot of us.

I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing. The uninterrupted path of school to marriage to family to career has led directly to the land of the mid-life crisis for previous generations. Nowadays, actual adulthood seems to begin around 30. We use our 20s to get all our partying and hookups out of our system — good for us.

The problem with this prolonged adolescence, however, is that some people forget that they eventually do have to take some responsibility for their lives and become a useful member of society. And since women tend to mature faster than men, it’s easy to understand the fairer sex’s frustrations about their dating options. By 30, family-oriented women are getting antsy about finding a guy to settle down with (tick-tock and all that), but a lot of the guys their age aren’t on the same page.

So this one’s for the ladies, but the dudes should pay attention, too. What follows is a list of ways you can tell a man isn’t ready for the real world. But just because he may exhibit some, or even all, of these symptoms, it doesn’t mean he’s incapable of growing up. It just means he’s not there yet. Try giving him a kick in the ass before you kick him to the curb.

1. He Plays Games

I’m not talking about video games. As long as it’s not interfering with his life, let the guy play. No, I’m talking about the kind of games when he’s fucking with your mind. Basically, he hasn’t learned the difference between dating and being in a grown-up relationship. Call him out on it. Maybe he’ll stop.

2. He Only Cares About Himself

He has no interest in your hopes and dreams unless they revolve around him; he only cares that his needs are being met. An actual adult would have already figured out he’s not the center of the goddamn universe.

3. He Lives Only In The Moment

He’s learned nothing from the past and has no plans for the future. This can be an endearing quality, but it will get frustrating if you’re trying to plan a life with someone incapable of commitment.

4. He Lives With His Parents

Yeah, no shit, right? Still, when we’re drawn to people, we tend to make excuses for their faults. But this is the reddest of red flags. How can you expect to have an adult relationship with someone who’s never left the nest?

5. He Expects You To Be His Mom

If he thinks being in a relationship means he never has to cook, do his laundry or clean up after himself (or needs you to at least remind him to do those things), you’re in pretty warped territory. Let him know you’re more than a maid he gets to bang.

6. He Fades Into The Background When He’s Out Of His Element

Even though he’s the life of the party when he’s around his buddies, he clams up at work functions or “adult” dinner parties. He either feels inferior or he’s uninterested in expanding his social circle. Either way, he’s got a lot of growing up to do.

7. He’s Selfish In Bed

He thinks sex is only about getting him off. Whether he’s skipping the pre-intimacy or racing to the finish line, he hasn’t learned that relationship sex is about teamwork.

8. He Doesn’t Remember Any Plans He Doesn’t Make Himself

Guys don’t always like having to go to your sorority sister’s wedding or your family reunion, but if you’ve told him about it, he should have marked his calendar. If he acts surprised when the day arrives, this is a sign that he doesn’t respect you, which is a major symptom of immaturity.

9. He Can’t Hold Down A Job

I’m not saying he has to have his whole career planned out, but if he blows off work when he doesn’t feel like going, quits or gets fired because he’s too lazy or the job is too boring, this guy still doesn’t know life isn’t always about doing whatever he wants to do all the time.

10. He Doesn’t Stand Up For You

If he doesn’t have your back when you get into a confrontation (even if he doesn’t agree with you), he either doesn’t give a shit about you or he’s a coward. Either way, he’s not a man.

11. He Never Takes Blame

Nothing’s ever his fault, is it? A man doesn’t worry about who’s at fault — it doesn’t matter. There’s nothing productive about assigning or arguing about blame. If something’s wrong, just fix it.

12. He Tries To “Win” Arguments With You

It’s been said many times that arguing in relationships is a good thing — it proves you’re both invested. But arguments are about finding middle ground, not about coming out on top. And a grown-up man knows there’s no way to win an argument with a woman, anyway.

13. He Doesn’t Take Care Of You

And I don’t mean financially. You’re an independent, 21st-century woman — you don’t need a man to pay your bills. But if he’s not bringing you chicken soup when you’re sick or giving you rides when your car’s in the shop, this is not a guy you can depend on.

14. He’s Passive-Aggressive

Instead of being upfront and honest with you when you’ve pissed him off or hurt his feelings, he just shuts down or finds subtle ways to make your life difficult. Screw that guy. He’s a big baby.

15. He Worries Too Much About What Other People Think

A man doesn’t care what anyone thinks about him as long as he believes in what he’s doing. Confidence (not arrogance) comes with maturity.

Read up the rest 20 signs here >>> http://wallstreams.com/35-signs-the-guy-youre-dating-is-not-man-enough/

Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by chocolateme(f): 1:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
Wow!! Guys una no get anything to offer..
These two guys below me Shaa..
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
who see my phone
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by kilokeys(m): 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2016
i dey find my yahoo mail password
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by LordZero(m): 1:51pm On Dec 19, 2016
judeefcc:
who see my phone
No be ur phone just waka pass NL prison??

.... can someone summarize the epistle pls..
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by IncredibleJoe(m): 1:53pm On Dec 19, 2016
And op, Are you man enough?? sad cheesy
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by yomi007k(m): 2:16pm On Dec 19, 2016
LordZero:

No be ur phone just waka pass NL prison??

.... can someone summarize the epistle pls..

In summary, sell ur fone n send d money to my account.
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by LordZero(m): 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2016
yomi007k:

In summary, sell ur fone n send d money to my account.

Go and meet you herbalist and ask for the manual, kolewerk.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
The comments are more fun than the post grin
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by yomi007k(m): 2:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
LordZero:

Go and meet you herbalist and ask for the manual, kolewerk.. grin grin grin

undecided

Bros na wa for u oo.

If u sell ur fone gimme d money is it a bad tin?

Xmas don near. Sow seed for ur guy life so dt u go fit mk heaven.
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by yomi007k(m): 2:31pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tandullceblog:
The comments are more fun than the post grin

Babe if dt is u on ur dp, I wud like to date u so dt my life will neva remain d same.

God bless u as u consider. grin
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by LordZero(m): 2:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
yomi007k:

undecided
Bros na wa for u oo.

If u sell ur fone gimme d money is it a bad tin?

Xmas don near. Sow seed for ur guy life so dt u go fit mk heaven.
Lolz.. grin grin
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 19, 2016
yomi007k:

Babe if dt is u on ur dp, I wud like to date u so dt my life will neva remain d same.

God bless u as u consider. grin

cheesy we dont always get what we like now, do we?
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by yomi007k(m): 2:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tandullceblog:

Explain pls. embarassed
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
yomi007k:

Explain pls. embarassed

Which part?
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by LordZero(m): 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tandullceblog:

It's the season of love. Help his solution na.
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by yomi007k(m): 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tandullceblog:

Which part?

All d parts.
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2016
yomi007k:

All d parts.

All parts? shocked then there is no explanation that can help cheesy
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by yomi007k(m): 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tandullceblog:

All parts? shocked then there is no explanation that can help cheesy

Babe ds tin is not hard. Jus be my girl n I ur man.

Lets save English for d British.
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 19, 2016
LordZero:

It's the season of love. Help his solution na.

Lol
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by LordZero(m): 2:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tandullceblog:

Lol
As you can see, he's straight forward. He's not guilty of the number one point on OP's epistle.
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 19, 2016
LordZero:

As you can see, he's straight forward. He's not guilty of the number one point on OP's epistle.

I did not read the epistle
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Sandydayziz(f): 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
On point!! Nice one...
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tandullceblog:

I did not read the epistle
.Am also in the race.Edakun consider me

Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2016
1KINGKYLE:
.Am also in the race.Edakun consider me

Lol... Join the line. cheesy
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tandullceblog:

Lol... Join the line. cheesy
It's urgent. Can you epp Me bypass them all. The queue is too long
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Ikigia: 5:31pm On Dec 19, 2016
Well-done OP
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
1KINGKYLE:

It's urgent. Can you epp Me bypass them all. The queue is too long

You sha wait ya turn tongue
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tandullceblog:

You sha wait ya turn tongue
Don't you care to know the stuff I got. And your plans to frienzone Me will not work. Soft work, gimme a chance naahhh
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
1KINGKYLE:

Don't you care to know the stuff I got. And your plans to frienzone Me will not work. Soft work, gimme a chance naahhh

cheesy who said you were even going to make it to friendzone. Lol
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tandullceblog:

cheesy who said you were even going to make it to friendzone. Lol
I taught am already on another level.Redicule me the more,aint giving up yet. Gimme hope nah
Re: 35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough by Anthony0094(m): 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tandullceblog

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! My Sex Life Has Become A Disaster / Is It Right For My Girlfriend To Have A Crush On Someone Else / Most Nigerian Women Are The Worst On Earth Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.