Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

An Open Letter To Zenith Bank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / An Open Letter To Zenith Bank (20509 Views)

Zenith Bank Restates Commitment To CSR, Unveils Christmas Decoration / "Style By Zenith 2.0": Zenith Bank Ignites Lagos / An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by baybeeboi: 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2016
Saammiee:
You all complaining.... try Eco bank and you'll appreciate zenith...Eco bank is the worst bank ever

I think say na only me d complain of Eco

How they convert ur 1k to 600 naira in 30mins is worrisome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by ephi123(f): 10:46pm On Dec 23, 2016
Customer service in Nigeria generally is nothing much to write home about at all, although I have to give it to GTBank, their CC team is very professional.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by unmask: 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2016
mykeljosef:
zenith bank are so customer insensitive...waited 3 hours today to use one atm
was it as a result of the machines not working or the number of people using it?
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
joinnow:
OP
You just made me recall 1999 when I want to open zenith account with 30k naso the teller said I need 250k to open account then
I ask the guy where will I be keeping the money to reach 250k b4 I go bring am come open the account.
I just take vex leave them walk across enter first bank
First bank said its 5k to open account then.......

they told me 50k 2007 now it is 1k or 0 naira sef if u no ur way grin

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by estheremma(f): 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
ujuvals:
I would like to congratulate Zenith Bank on the impressive strides it has made in online presence and social media this year. It is mind blowing that from less than 100,000 followers at the start of the year, Zenith now has over 2 million followers on Facebook and Twitter alone. There is also a plethora of cutting edge online communication and great social media content marketing surrounding your product offerings that makes me say kudos to your communications / advertising agency for an excellent showing in 2016. Whoever they are l must say they are doing a fine job of positioning your bank as a warmer, friendlier, and more retail focused bank with the #1000 campaign and it is great to know Zenith is open for business with the little guy.

However, despite all the great things I see online, your physical branches and the staff therein leave much to be desired when it comes to customer service. Some of the staff even sitting at the customer service desk have an air of hostility and are distant instead of welcoming. A warm smile or even any kind of smile would be a great resource for the service desk attendees to keep in their toolkit.

No matter the strides your team makes on social media adverts, it won't translate to much unless the staff in the banking halls have their own campaign to welcome the converts you create online.

May I advice that you do some serious reorientation internally before you ask us to come and bank with you. A friend of mine was told in a very hostile manner that you need a minimum of 10k to open an account at one of your branches last week, when he told the customer service officer that we were being sold a different message online. The rude lady simple said that is just a communication campaign and if he is not ready to open an account he should allow her attend to other people. Guess what he didn't open the account. Zenith Bank, please get your act together
My dear their customer care here in calabar especially highway,so rude n saucy,I didn't know it was nation wide

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by unmask: 10:51pm On Dec 23, 2016
Dat9jakid:
Lai Lai, diamond bank has never failed me, their customer service (both online and offline) is top notch, they truly know what customer service is all about.....due to their customer friendly nature, you can open an account with even 500 naira, which I used to open mine, I swear, I love diamond bank like crazy
you can open in gtb without money....say something else

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by Saammiee(m): 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
baybeeboi:

I think say na only me d complain of Eco

How they convert ur 1k to 600 naira in 30mins is worrisome.

I swear...fear nor even allow me leave money inside my acct again ...that Eco bank is the worst bank in Naija
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by pretty050(f): 10:54pm On Dec 23, 2016
Gtb Aba, most of the ladies there. kill ur joy with their altitude
me: hello, good morning *all smiles
Gtb : mm hmm *with their nose most times

I concluded their countenance was pregnancy induced
I met this light preggy lady early this year, she's such a lovely person despite her condition

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by estheremma(f): 10:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
Imagine! For 3months my ATM has been unable to pay me n the chip is not bad,I've been in n out of several branches n their rude customer service don't know what to do

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by arabianights: 10:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
Silvereze:
Then what do you say of FirstBank.... infact I think all Nigerian Banks have issue with customer service. The customer service staffs are humans and prone to mood swings
i swear first Bank customer service is better than zenith... First Bank Staff are overworked as they have highest customer base in Nigeria and if u take our time to report any rude staff to certain units in first Bank, u will c the effect. The whole branch pays for it. I have done so before however zenith bank had arrogant, rude, cheap ladies who have nothing but feel they have something. Zenith bank uses their staff for corporate prostitution. I go into zenith ready for any cheap thing to put up an attitude. Their own is too much and I keep hearing complaints

8 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by arabianights: 10:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
unmask:
right now DIAMOND HAS THE best CUSTIMER SERvice. YOU RARELY ENCOUNTER ATTITUDE.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by arabianights: 10:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
unmask:
right now DIAMOND HAS THE best CUSToMER SErvice. YOU RARELY ENCOUNTER ATTITUDE.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by arabianights: 11:00pm On Dec 23, 2016
estheremma:

My dear their customer care here in calabar especially highway,so rude n saucy,I didn't know it was nation wide
NATION WIDE. EVERY SINGLE BRANCH...

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by yomi007k(m): 11:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
symbianDON:
I bank with zenith and I can confidently state that their customer service officers (those self-conceited, haughty looking ladies) are downright arrogant and mostly rude.

shocked

Bros n u still dey bank wt dem.

If na me I go don swear beta swear for dem n I go commot my money.
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by AlphaStyles(m): 11:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
MY 198 naira stil dy their hand.dm debit my account without recharging my sim i told them just to gve me my doo back they told me they would investigate it.its nw 1 week they have been investigating 198NAIRA. i just dash dm d doo

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by chimdi101: 11:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
All bank personnels are supposed to be severely flogged
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:09pm On Dec 23, 2016
Diamond bank has the best customer service followed by gtb...

zenith bank will put fine girls that will be acting like they no dey sh\t... nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by topaz321: 11:14pm On Dec 23, 2016
Best bank around. Don't want ppl to know that anyways.

bettercreature:
Stanbic bank is too good

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by Bisjosh(f): 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2016
If not that i use zenith bank for my salary acct, i wouldnt bank with them

The front counter ladies (customer service not cashier)at olosa street VI are sooo rude and non-chalant at helping customers esp the fat one angry

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by PatKing(f): 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2016
passyhansome:
STANBIC BANK TEAM

The best customer service bank... they will even allow a customer to sleep on their desk... they don't rush you.
They make sure you are happy!!!
Even the security men are super courteous.
#abujautakobranch #abujaapobranch

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
unmask:
I've not banked with gt yet but I can't say what I don't know, I've only banked with diamond and so far, they've been awesome... Kawai

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by littlemistress: 11:37pm On Dec 23, 2016
I bank with Zenith & a couple of other banks. Truly, zenith bank's customer care unit is porous, not suprised it's same in other branches I've visited...(south/south, southwest Nigeria) undecided
Tho the cashiers are quite friendly.

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by yusluvad(m): 11:49pm On Dec 23, 2016
Tell Them!
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 11:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
Honestly, I've banked with at least 6 banks but I fell in love with just 1....GTBank. Their online and offline services are straight to the point. They have the best IT team so their online work are the best. And whatever they tell you online, if you come to the banking hall, you'll hear exactly the same thing. GUARANTY TRUST is the best, if you're not banking with them, you're missing something.

And for worst bank....ECOBANK. Gosh, These people constantly kept me annoyed whenever I visited them during my school days. I just withdrew all my cash the moment I did my final year project. At the rate they are going, won't be surprised if they close shop.

Diamond bank was also good...but GT rocks ma boat anytime. Access, UBA, First and Zenith were just there, except the fact that UBA lied to me before I opened the account, then after opening I noticed some restrictions on the account and I'm still waiting for my internet banking details from them till date. GT gave me mine in just 10mins while Diamond and others took about a week.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by mykeljosef: 12:01am On Dec 24, 2016
unmask:
was it as a result of the machines not working or the number of people using it?

bro both

there were like 30ppl on the line

outta 8 atm only 1 was working

then that one ran outta cash...

the bank did nothing about it nobody came to check it sef

branch -ojodu
time 10- like 2
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by metrosexual: 12:29am On Dec 24, 2016
Bigcake:
Zenith Bank Branch at Uyo, Oron Road to be specific. The Teller (a lady) isnt friendly to customers at all. They should try and learn good customer service from Diamond Bank...Although network issue is killing Diamond Bank.

I stay in Uyo and I visit Oron Road branch close to Ewet Housing Estate traffic light almost every week and you are very correct!

There are 3 active tellers in that branch, two fair guys and then that fair lady in question, she is Igbo I think and I can't remember her name because I rarely look at her twice. She puts on plenty of make up, she is kind of short with heavy hips and she has this attitude of arrogance all over you. You'd hear her rudely say things like "Mr Man this and that", while keeping a condescending look at you, the fairer one of the two guys who are tellers is such a nice guy, he knows his job and does it with the best of humility and joy, his processing speed is also excellent, may God promote people like him with speed. He is not always there at the teller stand like the other less fairer guy though, I presume he shifts between different branches and that's why. And he interacts with you while processing your order. That arrogant fair and short teller has rudeness all over her and she is just a freaking contract staff! There is this not so tall dark complexion teller lady there as well, she is also as arrogant as well, but hers is a case of feeling too important and exhibiting rudeness and talks like she is interaction with someone she has malice for. There is another dark tall lady who does teller services there sometimes but she doesn't have a problem, she is just normal.

I love to commend people who do their job well and I can't write all this without commending the smallish lady(Ada is her name) at the customer service stand, Ada is so warm and humble, never angry or giving an attitude, the other dark big lady at customer service usually looks like an attitude giving lady but I always avoid her and never come to her stand when I have an issue.

Also, the Akwa Ibom man at the cubicle where they process Western Union is such a lovely fellow, I have had him process things for me and I was impressed, he is professional and down to earth as well, and he is the perfect example of the right balance which a staff should exhibit when working, the way he interacts with you when you are in his office makes me always impressed about him, may God continue to increase people like him. And to think he is a core staff and yet so humble. There is a day I met him "chancing" the teller guy at the counter though, the less fairer teller guy grin The teller guy was wrong that day though.

There is one big madam upstairs next to funds transfer office everyone calls "Mama", I don't know why but I just love that woman, she has this strict and no nonsense professional persona all over here but deep inside you can see that she won't act childish and rude as she looks down to earth as well, never had much to interact with her though.

I know this Zenith bank branch like the back of my hand because I visit it all the time, the funniest part are those bulk room cash handlers who are quite advanced in age who wear flipflops popularly called "slippers" on top their wrinkled plain trousers and tucked in shirts grin

That's all I can say, God is my witness in heaven that all I wrote is the truth and my conscience is clear, but if Zenith bank can look into this, they need to call that arrogant teller girl to order, I thought I was the only one to notice her but when I saw someone complain about her I had to speak out as well. Zenith bank teller ladies need to be put right because from all I have read here it shows they are out of line, they only smile for those big time account holders whom they expect to give them money or ask them out, it shouldn't be so. And worthy to be noted is the fact that their security men are so welcoming and humble. Zenith bank teller ladies are virtually all contract staff and yet they feel on top of the world displaying their arrogance without fear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by aameyah(f): 12:33am On Dec 24, 2016
count:
It was very interesting to see that you don't need so much money to open an account now. It was one of the things that turned me off initially from the bank, glad that's been fixed. As for customer service, that one is a problem everywhere, i think employers should pay more attention to this aspect of things and create a means of checks and balance for customer care agents.

Diamond Bank does this....
They have mystery shoppers.
They call customers for feedback.
They take complaints very serious.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by LabiaDestroyer(m): 12:57am On Dec 24, 2016
It's called e-cooperative
All that was needed was a thousand naira to start. I was indifferent at first but thought, this was just a thousand naira let me risk it. I got registered under a link, paid the 1k and was upgraded. In 2wks after joining e-cooperative I had amassed 37k cos of my hard work. I think I should stop here. Call or Whatsapp me on 0-8-1-3-0-8-1-2-7-9-5 for more info on how to go about it.
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:17am On Dec 24, 2016
joinnow:
OP
You just made me recall 1999 when I want to open zenith account with 30k naso the teller said I need 250k to open account then
I ask the guy where will I be keeping the money to reach 250k b4 I go bring am come open the account.
I just take vex leave them walk across enter first bank
First bank said its 5k to open account then.......
oh!
dem do u dat thing self?
nor mind dem jare, uptil now I haven't contemplated opening acct wit dem bases on dat dia outrageous amt needed to open acct.
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:23am On Dec 24, 2016
PatKing:

The best customer service bank... they will even allow a customer to sleep on their desk... they don't rush you
Hian!

my Sista fear God!
grin

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by demolaxl(m): 1:34am On Dec 24, 2016
Zenith bank pple are proud.
Them proud well well.
To think some of their ladies will be chewing gum, wearing glasses and chatting at work hours.

The worst branch I have been to is the one at Badagry. I was there 2014. The way the customer care rep attended to me was too poor. I will always remember that scene. Since then, I ported from the bank.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by shyling(f): 4:13am On Dec 24, 2016
PatKing:

The best customer service bank... they will even allow a customer to sleep on their desk... they don't rush you.
yes and Ado Ekiti branch so reliable... but First Bank main branch Ado Ekiti is also wonderful... Osaz and his team.... very nice and respectful people....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G / BUA Vows To Maintain N3500 Cement Price From January / Obi Cubana: Despite The Challenges Of November, 2021 Remains Our Best Year Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.