Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

An Open Letter To Zenith Bank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / An Open Letter To Zenith Bank (20526 Views)

Zenith Bank Restates Commitment To CSR, Unveils Christmas Decoration / "Style By Zenith 2.0": Zenith Bank Ignites Lagos / An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by shyling(f): 4:18am On Dec 24, 2016
LabiaDestroyer:
It's called e-cooperative
All that was needed was a thousand naira to start. I was indifferent at first but thought, this was just a thousand naira let me risk it. I got registered under a link, paid the 1k and was upgraded. In 2wks after joining e-cooperative I had amassed 37k cos of my hard work. I think I should stop here. Call or Whatsapp me on 0-8-1-3-0-8-1-2-7-9-5 for more info on how to go about it.
idontbilivit if people embezzle bank funds ..e co-operative will be an icing on the cake
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by obataokenwa(m): 4:54am On Dec 24, 2016
plus their archaic method of writing every details you have already filled on a teller in along note and sign. naturally I hate that bank. Enter their bulk room and forget about the days hustle and you're not expected to make call after they've wasted all ur time for the day.
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by obataokenwa(m): 5:05am On Dec 24, 2016
I remember one incident at Rumuola road branch, ph. it was my turn to deposit 400k in the bulkroom, then this man came in with about 18mil and we were all told to go downstairs so they can attend to the man. the last thing one can do is to trample upon my right in such a place. I refused and pushed the man and his money out of the sit and was ready for anything until the manager intervened and I was attended to. others just went downstairs after about 2hours waiting. if it's not FirstBank, Fidelity, Diamond, others dey learn work.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by ThatIgboBoy: 5:23am On Dec 24, 2016
#IConcur with all the OP stated. I bank with zenith bank. The two ladies at their customer care desk in alaba are quite terrible and pride filled. They attend to you with all the haughtiness in the world.
Their online customer care isnt any different. I once had online transaction issues with my two banks in a day. I did a transfer of #20,000 with quickteller from my zenith account and i was debitted without the person i sent being creditted. I decided to recharge airtime of #100 with my umobile app for UBA and i was debitted without recharged. I sent mails to both customer care. UBA customer care called me to empathise with me and told me to give them 5 working days. Quickteller mailed me that the transaction didnt go through. My own zenith bank only replied after i sent another mail with a harsher tone. They just asked for my account number.
Both quickteller and UBA kept sending me mails till my case was resolved. I detested zenith bank from that day
Infact they need to overhaul their customer service officers

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by Funjosh(m): 5:56am On Dec 24, 2016
Zenith Bank haf buy job. grin
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by egopersonified(f): 6:08am On Dec 24, 2016
In Benin, most of the branches I have gone to, the security men are more courteous and friendly, when you get to customer care, it's something else. I actually avoid sakponba branch so the security men will not use their greeting to finish the money I come to collect. grin

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 24, 2016
Bigcake:
Zenith Bank Branch at Uyo, Oron Road to be specific. The Teller (a lady) isnt friendly to customers at all. They should try and learn good customer service from Diamond Bank...Although network issue is killing Diamond Bank.
You lost me here.Firstly,you were referring to the customer care personnel and now the teller? Why do u need to talk to a teller about opening an account when the Customer service personnel is available? Your friend just went there to use the sparkling clean toilet,enjoy a bit of air conditioning and charge his phone.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 24, 2016
Viking007:
One of the reasons I love my access bank. Very friendly customer care reps, both on & offline.

The day one of their rep carry face like shît, I simply sent a mail to their HQ, na the branch manager call me the next day. grin
Hmmm.Mr 'I must receive excellent service", Manager of branch managers,Minister of sending mail over mosquito bite, Viking the Man.You have now joined bad gang.Issokay.
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by Mpanyi: 7:33am On Dec 24, 2016
Bigcake:
Zenith Bank Branch at Uyo, Oron Road to be specific. The Teller (a lady) isnt friendly to customers at all. They should try and learn good customer service from Diamond Bank...Although network issue is killing Diamond Bank.

You shouldn't have named the branch. Someone's job may be on the line.
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by FrankFrenzy(m): 7:40am On Dec 24, 2016
I give it to Stanbic

Haven't seen a team aa compassionate as Stanbic team
Taken. They have a lot of of process but you are rest assured they will give you all the support. Their empathy and customer experience is second to none
I call them the most under-rated and under-hyped bank in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by shyling(f): 7:46am On Dec 24, 2016
Mpanyi:

that someone should be careful about his job

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by Bigcake: 8:00am On Dec 24, 2016
Eugenedimgba:
You lost me here.Firstly,you were referring to the customer care personnel and now the teller? Why do u need to talk to a teller about opening an account when the Customer service personnel is available? Your friend just went there to use the sparkling clean toilet,enjoy a bit of air conditioning and charge his phone.
You actually dont know what you are saying...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by Bigcake: 8:02am On Dec 24, 2016
Mpanyi:

She is not happy doing the job so lets help show her the door... she is paid by the bank to do the job.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by gbegemaster(m): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2016
Jidefido:
They may have beautiful ladies at the customer service and I think that has eroded their services. The pride they have being one of the best banks in Nigeria may fade off if they dont do the needful. Arikair is an example. Just negodu.
I think you mean yellow girls.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by gbegemaster(m): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2016
ephi123:
Customer service in Nigeria generally is nothing much to write home about at all, although I have to give it to GTBank, their CC team is very professional.
After Zenith bank, na Gtbank be next in line for pride and arrogance.
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by pembisco(m): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2016
metrosexual:

I stay in Uyo and I visit Oron Road branch close to Ewet Housing Estate traffic light almost every week and you are very correct!

There are 3 active tellers in that branch, two fair guys and then that fair lady in question, she is Igbo I think and I can't remember her name because I rarely look at her twice. She puts on plenty of make up, she is kind of short with heavy hips and she has this attitude of arrogance all over you. You'd hear her rudely say things like "Mr Man this and that", while keeping a condescending look at you, the fairer one of the two guys who are tellers is such a nice guy, he knows his job and does it with the best of humility and joy, his processing speed is also excellent, may God promote people like him with speed. He is not always there at the teller stand like the other less fairer guy though, I presume he shifts between different branches and that's why. And he interacts with you while processing your order. That arrogant fair and short teller has rudeness all over her and she is just a freaking contract staff! There is this not so tall dark complexion teller lady there as well, she is also as arrogant as well, but hers is a case of feeling too important and exhibiting rudeness and talks like she is interaction with someone she has malice for. There is another dark tall lady who does teller services there sometimes but she doesn't have a problem, she is just normal.

I love to commend people who do their job well and I can't write all this without commending the smallish lady(Ada is her name) at the customer service stand, Ada is so warm and humble, never angry or giving an attitude, the other dark big lady at customer service usually looks like an attitude giving lady but I always avoid her and never come to her stand when I have an issue.

Also, the Akwa Ibom man at the cubicle where they process Western Union is such a lovely fellow, I have had him process things for me and I was impressed, he is professional and down to earth as well, and he is the perfect example of the right balance which a staff should exhibit when working, the way he interacts with you when you are in his office makes me always impressed about him, may God continue to increase people like him. And to think he is a core staff and yet so humble. There is a day I met him "chancing" the teller guy at the counter though, the less fairer teller guy grin The teller guy was wrong that day though.

There is one big madam upstairs next to funds transfer office everyone calls "Mama", I don't know why but I just love that woman, she has this strict and no nonsense professional persona all over here but deep inside you can see that she won't act childish and rude as she looks down to earth as well, never had much to interact with her though.

I know this Zenith bank branch like the back of my hand because I visit it all the time, the funniest part are those bulk room cash handlers who are quite advanced in age who wear flipflops popularly called "slippers" on top their wrinkled plain trousers and tucked in shirts grin

That's all I can say, God is my witness in heaven that all I wrote is the truth and my conscience is clear, but if Zenith bank can look into this, they need to call that arrogant teller girl to order, I thought I was the only one to notice her but when I saw someone complain about her I had to speak out as well. Zenith bank teller ladies need to be put right because from all I have read here it shows they are out of line, they online smile for those big time account holders whom they expect to give them money or ask them out, it shouldn't be so. And worthy to be noted is the fact that their security men are so welcoming and humble. Zenith bank teller ladies are virtually all contract staff and yet they feel on top of the world displaying their arrogance without fear.

I like your description and how u mentioned names. It'll make them sit-up

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by synclaire: 8:16am On Dec 24, 2016
symbianDON:
I bank with zenith and I can confidently state that their customer service officers (those self-conceited, haughty looking ladies) are downright arrogant and mostly rude.
Same with me. Their customer service officers and even Tellers are very rude. Talking 2 someone without regard. There's a particular naughty lady @ one of their branches, she's always rude, arogant and full of her self. I wonder why i will even be using zenith bank sef if no be say na salary account. I hate dat bank. Mtchew.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by Dfinex(f): 8:26am On Dec 24, 2016
baybeeboi:

I think say na only me d complain of Eco
How they convert ur 1k to 600 naira in 30mins is worrisome.
lolss. ...laff Don kill me.
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by gbegemaster(m): 9:05am On Dec 24, 2016
PatKing:

The best customer service bank... they will even allow a customer to sleep on their desk... they don't rush you.
They make sure you are happy!!!
Even the security men are super courteous.
#abujautakobranch #abujaapobranch
MichaelSokoto:

Hian!

my Sista fear God!
grin
She's not exaggerating. I honestly see people come to the bank and spend more time than they should @ waterresourcesbranch because the atmosphere is very conducive. Some even sleep off. Stanbic is the best I've encountered in customer care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by dabrake(m): 9:48am On Dec 24, 2016
- Diamond bank/Stanbic IBTC
- GTB
- First bank (Still very good. Just the server intensity issue with their massive client base)
- Others.
- Union Bank (One referred to me as "my son". Perhaps, trying to shut me up with my inquiry)
- Keystone bank (Those ones can stay without light in their banking hall for over 2 hours)
- EcoBank (Speechless)

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by Codes151(m): 12:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
joinnow:
OP
You just made me recall 1999 when I want to open zenith account with 30k naso the teller said I need 250k to open account then
I ask the guy where will I be keeping the money to reach 250k b4 I go bring am come open the account.
I just take vex leave them walk across enter first bank
First bank said its 5k to open account then.......
classic example of someone who's been around!! After now new millennium kids will come and be wailing about things they don't know!!

My brother u were there!! When it was 250k I was astonished!! Good thing was that u could still take out your cash!
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 24, 2016
Guy I like ur spirit #nocheatme angry
obataokenwa:
I remember one incident at Rumuola road branch, ph. it was my turn to deposit 400k in the bulkroom, then this man came in with about 18mil and we were all told to go downstairs so they can attend to the man. the last thing one can do is to trample upon my right in such a place. I refused and pushed the man and his money out of the sit and was ready for anything until the manager intervened and I was attended to. others just went downstairs after about 2hours waiting. if it's not FirstBank, Fidelity, Diamond, others dey learn work.
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2016
Let it be on the line, she should be checked haba angry , if their claims r tru, she should be fired n someone more ethical should take her place angry
Mpanyi:

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by obataokenwa(m): 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
jaybillionaire:
Guy I like ur spirit #nocheatme angry
Thanks. intimidation and bullying is one of the things that grieves me.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by KunleSteel: 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
And here I was considering opening an account with Zenith to serve as a piggybank...

Seems I'll just stick to Stanbic; I just have a tiny issue with their weekly summary sms alert and its charge.
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by chumakk: 4:06pm On Dec 24, 2016
So the whole ads zenith bank is aiming on CNN is a waste of money grin see what real customers are saying cheesy
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by rupeelicious(f): 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2016
It's been rightly said, "he who cannot smile, should not keep a shop".
Everybody wants to have a paying job, but a lot goes wt it esp wen u wud be attending to a mixed lot.
Illiterates are being forced to used digital technologies in banks, so why wouldnt dey ask 1 question 10x?
And if u find it distressing, pls resign.
Nobody has any reason to be rude to another, whatsoever.
Diamomdbank CS is beautiful in all d branches I hv visited, stanbic too, some ecobanks yes, and unfortunately, I hv always bn treated well in zenith. Different strokes........
Orientation, n reorientation would go a long way towards improving peoplez satisfaction in public offices lio3 banks, hospitals, university offices, etc.
My 2 cents......
Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by theatom(m): 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
passyhansome:
STANBIC BANK TEAM

Stanbic has nicecustomer service o, atleast from the branches have visited.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Zenith Bank by scholar90: 12:49pm On Oct 11, 2020
I have always had an unpleasant experience with this bank. A typical example of not all that glitters is gold.Most of the ladies are so full of themselves, unwelcoming, deliberately discriminate clients, really rude particularly in the customer care department and they seem to take pride in poor treatment of clients as they rub it in your face without blinking an eyelid.
Though I applaud your innovative online tools, I recommend top management revamps customer care which is the face of any business.
#Zenithbankcustomercarequittheattitude

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Annoying Things Anyone That Uses A Nigerian Bank Can Understand / Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Beware Of Fraudsters / Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.