Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer (40430 Views)

Feyisola Dosumu 'Spartan' Kills Olatunji Oladeji In Ogun / Ola Oyeshina: LASTMA Officer Before And After Being Stoned (photo) / Mob Lynches LASTMA Officer In Lagos; Police Arrest Two Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by kYjelly2: 4:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
Benuromi:
The painful part, is video him and no human feelings or sympathy. I cried and shaken watching this video. God will punish everyone of them that take part.

violent people always act like they don't feel pain, they will be stoning someone with a battery sized stone, but can't even take an injection.

God will surely punish them, he has to and I so wish it will be me he will use to punish them

not like the guy shot people or something

this shh is too sad men, just ruined my day

and then the fvcking goverment, police, military... won't do shhh

tired of this country men

why didn't the police just go there and shoot all of them

1 Like

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Genea(f): 4:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
comradespade:

that is why most hausas needs education more than anything
nawa oooo... Common sense is not common
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by kYjelly2: 4:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
this is what every resident in Nigeria may face one day, God forbid.

I need a gun badly

there should be a movement to legalize guns in Nigeria, then we may learn to respect ourselves, cause you won't know who is packing

so freaking sad

1 Like

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
Genea:
nawa oooo... Common sense is not common

u are right but the poor man has already been killed unjustly
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by samsam2019: 4:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
So why did the mkb descend on him? As crazy as this country is we hardly kill the innocent
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by bydot1(m): 4:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
But why angry angry embarassed cry cry
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by ericmor: 4:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
TechEnthusiast:
Nigeria?,Hmm you are talking about police,is it those unscrupulous people in uniform that collect twenty naira that will assist?just pray for the country

Where are j from? Where did u see police that collect 20naira now? Is like u left the country some yrs back
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by bydot1(m): 4:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
kYjelly2:
this is what every resident in Nigeria may face one day, God forbid.

I need a gun badly

there should be a movement to legalize guns in Nigeria, then we may learn to respect ourselves, cause you won't know who is packing

so freaking sad

I kinda feel like this should be the next level. I seriously need one too angry
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by kYjelly2: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2016
bydot1:

I kinda feel like this should be the next level. I seriously need one too angry

I'm telling you bro, for real. One at home and one in your car.
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Hades2016(m): 4:52pm On Dec 20, 2016
This is terrible ooooo ..... but you never told us what really happen. .... RIP to the dead
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Janet101(f): 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
The use of social media has done us more harm Dan good,
Imagine somsomeone video dis incident for more dan 10mint without helping the vitim or calling the police.
May God help us in dis country.R.I.P to the officer.

1 Like

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by opribo(m): 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
Too bad indeed, very very bad omen in the land, government need to act decisively. BTW this should also warn those overzealous LASTMA guys to be careful the people are very bitter and angry due to recession and therefore any bill coming from extraneous channels will be repelled with full and maximum force.
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by oluwaahmed: 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
Wen pppls wer urgin 4 dis country 2 be divided Afonja's wer cryin 1 nigeria, laffin @ ipod yoots being killed by security operatives. Now look @ ur life. Luk @ Hw dis man was killed sharia style(by stonning) in broad day light. Anyways Lagos is no-mans-land
RIP

2 Likes

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
viviangist:
When the alarm of danger sounds, it is pertinent for us not to argue on the bell or the clock that gave birth to it. We should all scamper for safety first. This is exactly what the death of Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji (Age 48, A qualified Engineer from the University of Ilorin 97/98 set) The LASTMA most senior Officer and the Zonal Head (Divisonal Head) of a Jurisdiction around Apapa (Zone 13) should teach Nigerians, particularly Lagosians. Bakare (A father of 3) may have been wickedly murdered and gone but it should be a major turning point in our collective response to jungle justice.
It is a clarion call that there is fire on the mountain. This is a warning signal; an alert beaming a raging inferno that could consume many.

A Yoruba proverb says: 'The death that is killing one's acquaintances is signalling to one proverbially (ikú t'ópa ojúgbà ęni òwe lóún pa fún ni).'.. This is not just about a LASTMA official, this is about the growing restlessness and the outrageous desire for vengeance and blood like that of vampires among many a Nigerian, mostly the young ones. If nothing is expressly done, then we will all, in Abubakar Gimba's words, be witnesses to tears.

It should be noted that any jungle justice scenario that lasts for more than 10 to 15 minutes without any police attention or appearance should be blamed on the Police institution.
It is equally worrisome that a state like Lagos where the indefatigable state Governor and the people at large through their trust funds ensure the adequate provision of equipments, gadgets and other security paraphernalia is suffering from inhumane Justice - Jungle Justice.! The police seem to have decided to allow the Status Quo without making frantic efforts at ensuring things are under control.

Apart from that, an assault on any public servant lawfully carrying out his or her duty is a big slap on the authorities. The entire Government apparatus and machinery, especially the Governor has just been ridiculed and a big slap given to LASTMA as an institution with the murder of Innocent and humble Surajudeen who was stoned to death (broad day light 15th of December). He equalled the rank of the District Police Officer (DPO) in the LASTMA hierarchy. One of the brightest officials, he was an epitome of humility and commitment. He was always ready to serve with zealous passion. Ironically, he had saved many offenders through his diplomatic clout. This was the gem we lost to jungle justice. It behooves the government to rise to this challenge and show the perpetrators that they are not bigger than the State. The recorded video showed the face of the perpetrators (Okada riders and tanker drivers) along Liverpool axis at Apapa.

I shall not speak of the external forces that were not alive to their duties and sidestep the internal ones. The LASTMA personnel that took cover or ran away without calling for reinforcement are equally guilty. That was a clear case of irresponsibility and a betrayal of espirit de corps. They should be grilled. The final note is that this happened where Naval Headquarters is not far from and OP MESA also operates in the axis. This is a clear signal that security in our society lies in a danger zone. The men of atrocious intentions have sent and keep sending messages that they are not scared. Security officials have been pushed on the chest. We wait to see them prepare, fight and eventually win the battle to restore sanity.

Online Reporter
- http://www.viviangist.com/story-video-of-how-bakare-surajudeen-olatunji-was-killed-in-lagos-lastma-office

he brouht it upon himself i stay very close to the area ....the lasma niggas came looking for bribe as usual on liverpool road coming from point rd where truck normally park to lift petrol from falawiyo depot ...the truck boy was sleeping under the truck didnt see the lasma guy s the lasma guy demanded bribe and was refused by driver ,suddenly he jumped into the truck trying to drive it ...a brand new truck with pressure intact he truck jump and crush the motor boy head also a married man with two wives and 8 kids....there been a boiling problem with okada men and gra security which banned them from entering gra but collect bribe to allow them in the okada men team up with truck driver to excuted the lasma nigga that killed the motor boy double murder ..lesson lasma niggas are suppose to control traffic not harass or jump into people cars especially trucks that u dont know how to drive 2 who approved falawiyo depot without parking space.3hustling for bribe that the end result.....this is the truth....the covered picture is for motor boy husling while 2 lasma guyin gutter

3 Likes

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by oluwaahmed: 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
Afonjas:
I watched the video, he was killed by hausa people while the people who claimed to be owner of the land were begging them o spare his life

Dnt mind d silly Afonjas. Na 4 wer ipob dey dem dey get mouth. Dey wld rather be slaves in peace dan fight 4 deir freedom. Slavemasters killin dem anyow since Awolowo BC

1 Like

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Deyinka007: 6:01pm On Dec 20, 2016
Alikote:
he brouht it upon himself i stay very close to the area ....the lasma niggas came looking for bribe as usual on liverpool road coming from point rd where truck normally park to lift petrol from falawiyo depot ...the truck boy was sleeping under the truck didnt see the lasma guy s the lasma guy demanded bribe and was refused by driver ,suddenly he jumped into the truck trying to drive it ...a brand new truck with pressure intact he truck jump and crush the motor boy head also a married man with two wives and 8 kids....there been a boiling problem with okada men and gra security which banned them from entering gra but collect bribe to allow them in the okada men team up with truck driver to excuted the lasma nigga that killed the motor boy double murder ..lesson lasma niggas are suppose to control traffic not harass or jump into people cars especially trucks that u dont know how to drive 2 who approved falawiyo depot without parking space.3hustling for bribe that the end result.....this is the truth....the covered picture is for motor boy husling while 2 lasma guyin gutter

This is true... I work around here..
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by olaakinyinka(m): 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2016
So this humble man was murdered this way, he used to come to my studio. Very humble, this is painful. RIP sir and those that killed you will not know peace, amen
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Princewell2012(m): 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2016
austinosita:
I watched the video and couldn't hold my tears. Majority of the voices in the audio visual are hausa okada riders and truck drivers.

How did we get to this point of jungle justice? And to think that some police men and lastma ran away, is something that beats my imagination!

I am not a lastma official or any other force,(so u don't think I'm supporting a colleague) but I say No to this kind of act. I say No to jungle justice. I value human lives and I'll continue to pray for our people to desist from this act.

Why take a life you cannot create? What happened to reporting to the right authorities? That he's high ranked in lastma does not mean you cannot report him!

But the truth of the matter is, we haven't been told what offence he comited and what has actually aspired between them.

Ps. jungle justice is a cheer wickedness on his own.
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by adecares(f): 6:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
so sad and tragic
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by kizyalex10(m): 6:31pm On Dec 20, 2016
Let me break sometins down here.most times jungle jstice is very bad.but when u have been a victim of robbery or see what they do to innocent people when they re in action,u will have a rethink about jungle justice.why people engage in this act is not because they like it but because of the kind of security we have,when u hand over these. Hoodlums to them,they pay some money to the police cos according to them,every crime have price tag.and once they pay nd come out,they go bck tothe society nd cause more havoc.even the people that took him to police,wont be safe again,cos he might revenge or even kill them.so the people knowing fully well how corrupt our officers are,now choose to end it once nd for all.as for the lastma,am 100 percent sure he committed an offence that warranted such thing..cos for Nigerians to touch a law enforcement agent nd kill him in dprocess,thhen there is more to it.i have been a victim to lastma severally.i can say they re beast inside uniform.more wicked than police
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by tete7000(m): 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2016
Okundaye4:
This one is strong... What did he do to warrant this treatment? Because there is no smoke without fire.

It is quite a pity that the man didn't need to do much before he was pounced on and killed. LASTMA by means of their modus operandi has attracted so much hatred to themselves in Lagos. Their fines they charge are too outrageous. Imagine people being told to cough out up to N50,000 for offence as minor as obstruction sometimes caused by things beyond the offender's control. The guys are always around to pounce on motorist at the slightest opportunity and demand outrageous bribe knowing if they take you to their yards you won't want to pay the fine; some will even go to the extent of showing people where atm is located for easy bribing.
It is something that has brought people to the brink and I have always said it that at any slightest opportunity people will lynch lastma officials. The case of the man is an example and he wasn't the first lastma to be attacked and to be sincere won't sadly be the last except government particularly do something about the outrageous fines. Why should anyone demands that someone pay N100,000 as fine for obstructing brt lanes or for stopping on the express. Fashola has put many lastma at the brink of death. People will do anything to escape a lastma arrest and where opportunity arises, many will pounce on lastma officials in retribution.

Rip to the dead man.

Cc: viviangist

1 Like

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
Princewell2012:

But the truth of the matter is, we haven't been told what offence he comited and what has actually aspired between them.

Ps. jungle justice is a cheer wickedness on his own.

Transpired you mean!

Well, from what I heard, they say he has been disturbing okada riders and truck drivers. You know, like arresting violators!

Some of his colleagues say he's not even that type of a person, and even if he apprehends any, he tries to caution them and tell them the rules, so they don't violate next time.

In all, jungle justice is really not the answer. If they feel he's extorting money from them or disturbing them, they should Chanel their complaints to the right authorities.....and they should obey Lagos laws
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
Okundaye4:
This one is strong... What did he do to warrant this treatment? Because there is no smoke without fire.
All I know is that if in the line of duty, you killed somebody in Lagos, area boys go revenge for am o.
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by tete7000(m): 7:18pm On Dec 20, 2016
Outrageous and obnoxious traffic fines is the root and cause of lastma fracas in Lagos. If people can afford fines, they will willingly pay but in situations where people can't pay and lastma officials seize upon that to extort outrageous bribes from people, there are bound to retribution. Go to lastma yards across lagos and see how many motors including some expensive that have remain impounded because owners can't afford fines.
They say fines must be commensurate with offence to have justice; that is not the case with lagos govt. They look for every avenue to extort people to the point of frustration. Sadly when frustration boils over you have the kind of horror that was witnessed in that man's death. I have had to pay through my nose for parking where I do not think I constituted any obstruction or hindrance and had one foolish lastma guy towed my vehicle to their iponri yard breaking my headlamp in the process. In the end I ended up paying about N80,000 as fine and no one showed any pity among the officials. That day I was quite certain their will at some point in time be some retribution against this obnoxious extortion by govt and their lastma agents.
I am not a fan of jungle justice, I don't believe people should pay back evil with evil; however in the world we live you may not be able to avoid this unnecessary death when people are pushed to the wall.
He was not the first lastma to be attacked and for as long as those obnoxious fines are maintained and people frustrated in pursuit of daily bread, he might not be the last except lagos govt do something sensible.

1 Like

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 20, 2016
ylaa:
May his killers know no peace. Rip sir
Why judge when you don't know what happened?
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by enitey(f): 7:20pm On Dec 20, 2016
Fear Hausa people
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by tete7000(m): 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
Mekwen:
Why judge when you don't know what happened?

He really doesn't need that curse for it to happen. Those who live by sword die by sword. Evil moves in a vicious circle and we all need to be careful what we engage ourselves in.
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by oruma19: 7:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
ayoadeifee:
I dont think we have law in Nigeria. Everything about this country is worrisome. RIP to the dead.
since the advent of phones with camera, nigerians no longer have empathy for their fellow citizens instead of trying to save lives they prefer to turn themselves to cameramen. We deserve the kind of leadership we have because we are wicked. May buhari succeed in killing all the people with inhuman tendencies in Nigeria with hunger before the expiration of his tenure. Nigerians are just evil, that's why Satan is at their doorstep. Mtchewwwww
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by iswallker(m): 7:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
austinosita:
I watched the video and couldn't hold my tears. Majority of the voices in the audio visual are hausa okada riders and truck drivers.

How did we get to this point of jungle justice? And to think that some police men and lastma ran away, is something that beats my imagination!

I am not a lastma official or any other force,(so u don't think I'm supporting a colleague) but I say No to this kind of act. I say No to jungle justice. I value human lives and I'll continue to pray for our people to desist from this act.

Why take a life you cannot create? What happened to reporting to the right authorities? That he's high ranked in lastma does not mean you cannot report him!

Couldn't shed a tear for him. Law enforcement on the roads in Nigeria is a nightmare. I was given a 20k ticket some weeks back for road wordiness which I had paid for but had not yet collected..today my vehicle was overheating and I stopped around cele busstop to see what the issue was...some mushin local government touts with a tow van came out of nowhere..demanded for 20k after much pleading bailed myslef with 1k..they left me at the mercy of some crooks who attacked me physically...claiming they bailed me from the LGA officials so I should pay them...I barely escaped with my life...I can't shed tears for people like lastma and vio

2 Likes

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 20, 2016
tete7000:

He really doesn't need that curse for it to happen. Those who live by sword die by sword. Evil moves in a vicious circle and we all need to be careful what we engage ourselves in.
Nobody knows what happened. What if the LASTMA gut too met his waterloo?
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by mykel25(m): 7:55pm On Dec 20, 2016
I say these words to the murderers..... THEY LL ALL DIE A SEPARATE DEATH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Student Shot Dead By Cultists In Front Of School Gate In Owerri. Graphic Photo / Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks / Afaka Students Were Sexually Molested By Gay Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.