Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:17 PM

How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter (5556 Views)

You Know A Good Sales Guru/Coach Who Can Deliver @Public Sales/Empowerment Event / For Success Driven Serious Minded People Interested In Good Sales And Marketing / How To Write Leave Application Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by BiafranBushBoy: 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
In one of my former articles How to earn as a writer in Nigeria, I specifically mentioned becoming a freelancer. In order to become a great freelancer, you must know how to write a good sales pitch letter. Like you saw where we explained in Top writer’s secret to earning more, the difference between freelancers who earn more and those who still pick up crumbs, lies in their ability to pitch potential clients. A freelancer writer, who doesn’t know how to write a good sales pitch letter, will end up picking up jobs that are not worth it.

I remember when I first started out as a fresh freelancer on Upwork; I suffered the frustration of not getting enough jobs, just because my sales pitch letter couldn’t even convince my dad to give me a job to handle. The frustration of not getting any job would be small, as when you realize that other writers are making a whole lot of money from that same system. I finally developed and learnt how to write a good sales pitch, and I will be sharing in this article.

A lot of sites/blogs will keep repeating the same old junk, and keep recycling tactics that are either outdated or just can’t work presently. I believe that whatever I am sharing with you now would be your winning ticket to earning a lot of money from writing.

Do your Homework

Just the way you prefer giving out good things to friends and people within your trust circle, Clients also feel the same way when a potential employee address them personally. Nothing disgusts a potential client than when you send out random pitch sales. If you are on a freelancer website like Upwork, instead of typing out “Dear sir”, you can try out “Dear Mr Bill”. Most of their names are already down for you to see, so it would cost nothing to add it up your sales letter. All you do is customize it with a little background search, and you are on the right track.

HI, I am/my name is

Once you have addressed the letter to whomever you feel is the recipient, move fast to introduce yourself. Give out necessary information about yourself that will give you an edge.

For example “My name is Mike and I am the founder of topwritersden, a blog where we tutor freelance writers.

Once you are done with this kind of opening, move fast to the body of your letter.

Opening Speech

A good sales pitch letter isn’t meant to be a wish/love letter where you get to express all your heart desires. It is about researching exactly what the client wants, and you promising to deliver in your sales letter.

In most freelance sites, clients take out time to list out their requirements. As a good freelancer, you should take note of every one of them. That is the reason I insist you make proper background check on the requirements of the client.

Do well to include some personalized details, so as not to make your letter sound like another cold pitch.

You can say “I saw your advert about creating a short fiction romance story, and I believe I have all it takes to complete the job. I have written about 5 short fiction stories and you can access them at www.myshortfictionstories.com...

Summarize

Once you are done with your opening speech, you should summarize immediately by highlighting your achievements, experience and any other thing you feel can convince someone to give you a job.

Keep it brief

Nothing sucks more than a lengthy sales pitch letter. Most upcoming freelancers feel that by typing and pouring out their minds on their letter, it would give them the job. Keeping it short and simple yet filled with reasons to be hired, does the magic.

Go for it

At the end of your sales pitch, you should put out a call to action. Ask for the job and you will get it. It is as simple as that, once you adhere to the above rules.

Proof-read

We are all prone to mistakes, so don’t bother hitting the send button immediately after typing. Take your time and check out for errors. Imagine asking for a writing job and your sales pitch letter is filled with errors.

Deliver

After checking for errors, go ahead and send the sales pitch

Follow up

95% of freelancers don’t do this and it has costs them to miss out on a lot of jobs. Following up in a well-planned way shows the client that you are really passionate about the job.

For freelancers who are just starting out, it is necessary to include it in your mail.

Example “I will check back in a few days to know when we can commence the project.”

You have said you will do, and then make sure you do it.

This may take a bit of work and commitment, but once you have gotten a winning format, it keeps serving you. A good sales pitch letter will give you an edge over other competitors in the same industry as you. If you still need help in drafting a good sales pitch letter, do well to contact me. Thanks!

http://topwritersden.com/how-to-write-a-good-sales-pitch-letter/

cc: lalasticlala

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by CaptainBomb(m): 6:36am On Dec 21, 2016
Use google
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by cutedharmee: 6:37am On Dec 21, 2016
Nice writeup...
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by nonny158(m): 6:39am On Dec 21, 2016
really insightful
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by johnchiii(m): 6:51am On Dec 21, 2016
Nice writeup!
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by sleeknick: 6:52am On Dec 21, 2016
Okpe oh.... I'm not understanding undecided
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by lonelydora: 6:54am On Dec 21, 2016
Go Google and download a sample. Do not disturb your brain
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by braine(m): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2016
Okay
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by braine(m): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2016
lonelydora:

Abi na. Life has been made very simple making us very lazy.

1 Like

Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by habex005(m): 7:44am On Dec 21, 2016
Good
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by iykofias(m): 7:45am On Dec 21, 2016
pls need som1 to help write my cv, i need it to have that professional feel. Thnk y'all
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by theunnamed: 8:07am On Dec 21, 2016
way to go boss
needed this
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by Orikinla(m): 8:34am On Dec 21, 2016
BiafranBushBoy:
In one of my former articles How to earn as a writer in Nigeria, I specifically mentioned becoming a freelancer. In order to become a great freelancer, you must know how to write a good sales pitch letter. Like you saw where we explained in Top writer’s secret to earning more, the difference between freelancers who earn more and those who still pick up crumbs, lies in their ability to pitch potential clients. A freelancer writer, who doesn’t know how to write a good sales pitch letter, will end up picking up jobs that are not worth it.

I remember when I first started out as a fresh freelancer on Upwork; I suffered the frustration of not getting enough jobs, just because my sales pitch letter couldn’t even convince my dad to give me a job to handle. The frustration of not getting any job would be small, as when you realize that other writers are making a whole lot of money from that same system. I finally developed and learnt how to write a good sales pitch, and I will be sharing in this article.

A lot of sites/blogs will keep repeating the same old junk, and keep recycling tactics that are either outdated or just can’t work presently. I believe that whatever I am sharing with you now would be your winning ticket to earning a lot of money from writing.

Do your Homework

Just the way you prefer giving out good things to friends and people within your trust circle, Clients also feel the same way when a potential employee address them personally. Nothing disgusts a potential client than when you send out random pitch sales. If you are on a freelancer website like Upwork, instead of typing out “Dear sir”, you can try out “Dear Mr Bill”. Most of their names are already down for you to see, so it would cost nothing to add it up your sales letter. All you do is customize it with a little background search, and you are on the right track.

HI, I am/my name is

Once you have addressed the letter to whomever you feel is the recipient, move fast to introduce yourself. Give out necessary information about yourself that will give you an edge.

For example “My name is Mike and I am the founder of topwritersden, a blog where we tutor freelance writers.

Once you are done with this kind of opening, move fast to the body of your letter.

Opening Speech

A good sales pitch letter isn’t meant to be a wish/love letter where you get to express all your heart desires. It is about researching exactly what the client wants, and you promising to deliver in your sales letter.

In most freelance sites, clients take out time to list out their requirements. As a good freelancer, you should take note of every one of them. That is the reason I insist you make proper background check on the requirements of the client.

Do well to include some personalized details, so as not to make your letter sound like another cold pitch.

You can say “I saw your advert about creating a short fiction romance story, and I believe I have all it takes to complete the job. I have written about 5 short fiction stories and you can access them at www.myshortfictionstories.com...

Summarize

Once you are done with your opening speech, you should summarize immediately by highlighting your achievements, experience and any other thing you feel can convince someone to give you a job.

Keep it brief

Nothing sucks more than a lengthy sales pitch letter. Most upcoming freelancers feel that by typing and pouring out their minds on their letter, it would give them the job. Keeping it short and simple yet filled with reasons to be hired, does the magic.

Go for it

At the end of your sales pitch, you should put out a call to action. Ask for the job and you will get it. It is as simple as that, once you adhere to the above rules.

Proof-read

We are all prone to mistakes, so don’t bother hitting the send button immediately after typing. Take your time and check out for errors. Imagine asking for a writing job and your sales pitch letter is filled with errors.

Deliver

Follow up

95% of freelancers don’t do this and it has costs them to miss out on a lot of jobs. Following up in a well-planned way shows the client that you are really passionate about the job.

For freelancers who are just starting out, it is necessary to include it in your mail.

Example “I will check back in a few days to know when we can commence the project.”

This may take a bit of work and commitment, but once you have gotten a winning format, it keeps serving you. A good sales pitch letter will give you an edge over other competitors in the same industry as you. If you still need help in drafting a good sales pitch letter, do well to contact me. Thanks!

Thanks OP.
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by BiafranBushBoy: 9:25am On Dec 21, 2016
lonelydora:

Million of people will download that same sample...

And you think your client is a fool?
Nothing stands more than a personalized sales pitch...Either ways, good luck.

2 Likes

Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by BiafranBushBoy: 9:26am On Dec 21, 2016
iykofias:
pls need som1 to help write my cv, i need it to have that professional feel. Thnk y'all

You can send me a mail.
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by lonelydora: 9:29am On Dec 21, 2016
BiafranBushBoy:

Million of people will download that same sample...

And you think your client is a fool?
Nothing stands more than a personalized sales pitch...Either ways, good luck.

You will edit nah. Only a dumb person will 'copy and paste". Lol
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by BiafranBushBoy: 9:41am On Dec 21, 2016
lonelydora:

You will edit nah. Only a dumb person will 'copy and paste". Lol
Well, if it puts money in your pocket, keep it up!!
One Love!

1 Like

Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by lacasera14(m): 10:23am On Dec 21, 2016
Op are you working on fiverr?
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by iykofias(m): 10:32am On Dec 21, 2016
BiafranBushBoy:

You can send me a mail.
jux did
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by BiafranBushBoy: 11:11am On Dec 21, 2016
lacasera14:
Op are you working on fiverr?
Upwork and other Editorial sites.
I don't do fiverr
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by BiafranBushBoy: 11:12am On Dec 21, 2016
iykofias:
jux did
Will reply soonest.
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by lacasera14(m): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2016
BiafranBushBoy:

Upwork and other Editorial sites.

I don't do fiverr
I want to work on them too edakun help me. I need guidance and a little tutoring. send me your mail. I don't know how to pm people on nairaland
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by BiafranBushBoy: 11:27am On Dec 21, 2016
lacasera14:
I want to work on them too edakun help me. I need guidance and a little tutoring. send me your mail. I don't know how to pm people on nairaland

No need... WhatsApp me...

Don't quote this message pls. I will soon delete my number..

1 Like

Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
braine:

Abi na. Life has been made very simple making us very lazy.
i
True, too much reliance on Google, a graduate can't write an application letter without downloading samples
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by braine(m): 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2016
Abang52:
i
True, too much reliance on Google, a graduate can't write an application letter without downloading samples

Yes o. Companies now know this. I got to an interview a while back and we were all asked to write application letters. It wasn't funny.
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by GreatManBee: 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2016
BiafranBushBoy:

Do your Homework

HI, I am/my name is

Opening Speech

Summarize

Keep it brief

Go for it

Proof-read

Deliver

Follow up

Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by amicable09(f): 1:03am On Dec 22, 2016
Interesting write-up cheesy
My night crawling adventure is paying off!

Kudos OP.
For those looking for good cover letter/application letter sample, this will do you good.

Nice pitch!
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by Babacele: 1:50am On Dec 22, 2016
amicable09:
Interesting write-up cheesy
My night crawling adventure is paying off!

Kudos OP.
For those looking for good cover letter/application letter sample, this will do you good.

Nice pitch!
I hunt special night crawlers.
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by amicable09(f): 1:54am On Dec 22, 2016
Babacele:
I hunt special night crawlers.
Hahahaha. I don't expect a busy man like you to be awake by this time cheesy
Still hunting for more game money?
Compliments of the season Babacele, Sir. I hope we'll have one of your animals for enjoyment?
Re: How To Write A Good Sales Pitch Letter by Babacele: 2:11am On Dec 22, 2016
amicable09:

Hahahaha.
I don't expect a busy man like you to be awake by this time cheesy

Still hunting for more game money?

Compliments of the season Babacele, Sir.
I hope we'll have one of your animals for enjoyment?
lolz, I'm on holiday mode to enable me attend to friends and family....so i have time to crawl online too. sir? abegi ooo. when i sleep early i wake up, most midnights, to read or write... of course I owe you Chicken or rabbit but u won't get it until Jan 15th.....I remember yr last birthday gift too ,....shey i promised to be the last to wish u a happybirthday?..so I ll just combine n send to you wen it is time. You have been a positive influence since I e-met you.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? / I’m Leaving My Job To Go Back To School: / Revealed: 10 Secrets To Making It In A Marketing Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.