Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us (12222 Views)

I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Sexually Attracted To Someone Else. / Lady Gives Sex Advice To Men - Prince Eke, Wale Gates, Others Condemn Her / Common Things We Women Want Men To Know About... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 20, 2016
IAmOged:

papa d papa...[smellymouth abeg borrow me dat meme].i think mastery of words complicate relationship between men and women....ask me why?

I'm the type that don't believe in seeing my love always. I may not call her for weeks, and I won't cheat on her. If she has the brain, my instinct tends to believe she will handle any problem with or without my impetus. And that gives me enough rest wherever I am.

When I was working as a manager in a farm, the management empowered other two managers to be equal in rank to mine. If the other two managers supervise operations without a break in 24 hours, the management will still not be satisfied if I'm not there. Then, if I step in to review operations, I would point out lapses within seconds no matter how hard those other managers have worked.

In a relationship, once I'm satisfied that my girl is a superhuman, I would strut through streets like tomorrow no dey.

1 Like

Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by bitchcrafts: 10:43pm On Dec 20, 2016
IAmOged:

judeefcc spotted again? just dey log in, dey log out like that...you hear...afterall thats the curse upon you.why i dey answer u sef
lol. She's obsessed
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
bitchcrafts:
lol. She's obsessed
na guy dey behind the moniker
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by IAmOged(f): 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
emitoz:

Well if that's your defense, I'd say you're prolly not as smart as u think.
I used to be a writer and I understand plagiarism is bad.
You knew it's not the original source and yet you failed to acknowledge the original writer(s).

Don't quote me

hmm...papa d papa..writer of life.
sha dey carry ur wahala go-u hear?
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by bitchcrafts: 10:48pm On Dec 20, 2016
judeefcc:
na guy dey behind the moniker
even if na bisexual, ah nokia
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Gofwane(m): 10:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
IAmOged:

okay

am shortening it..though d messages are repressed
so you expect me to read this long post just to know why you ladies - confused beings don't love guys that truly love you?

So after reading it, will i receive bank alert or get a nice congo to shine? ......if your answer is NO, better comot for road make i dey see all this ladies wey dey pass here with their big, big nyash
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Uchesis: 10:58pm On Dec 20, 2016
IAmOged:

hmm...you are in a phase we call-boys emotional wants mode-
lets look if you could keep up with dis gyration in your late 50s-lolz
its a man's world.

besides, i dnt tink dis my joystick will rest until d owner rests.
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by IAmOged(f): 11:01pm On Dec 20, 2016
B2Spirits:

I'm the type that don't believe in seeing my love always. I may not call her for weeks, and I won't cheat on her. If she has the brain, my instinct tends to believe she will handle any problem with or without my impetus. And that gives me enough rest wherever I am.

When I was working as a manager in a farm, the management empowered other two managers to be equal in rank to mine. If the other two managers supervise operations without a break in 24 hours, the management will still not be satisfied if I'm not there. Then, if I step in to review operations, I would point out lapses within seconds no matter how hard those other managers have worked.

In a relationship, once I'm satisfied that my girl is a superhuman, I would strut through streets like tomorrow no dey.
its doest not really matters-what you mean by a superhuman girlfriend, a girl who could shiit test trespassing men off-cos all women are inherently built by d society to do shakara[shiit test men off] and dats could be pass by any man which enough confidence.
wat matters is the contract[religious/written/unwritten] of commitment-each party oblige to hold to its side of d bergain
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Tim2016: 11:03pm On Dec 20, 2016
IAmOged:
Take ur time to read
solution to the conundrum that a lot of guys face: why does it look like girls like guys that don't give a shit about them?
The usual answers are simplistic: girls want what they can't have; aloof guys look like they have higher value; aloof guys seem more interesting or mysterious, etc… All of these answers are right to a degree, but they dont tell the whole story. So I came up with my own explanation:

Needy Love: Our society exalts love as the greatest good, the pinnacle of human life, etc… But the problem is that our society sees “love” as purely an emotion.
What our society calls love I call needy love, defined as a set of ultimately selfish emotions including the desire to have sex, the desire for physical affection, the desire for an ego boost, the desire for validation, etc… This is not a complete list, but the specific emotions are not important – the point is that these emotions are selfish in that they consist of YOU wanting something from the other person without regard for what they want.
There are, of course, other conceptions of love: the Bible (and many other traditional societies) saw love as a contract between two parties that has little to do with emotion. But our society sees love as purely emotion without the accompanying obligation – when your “emotions” run out, you’ve “fallen out of love” and you can go find somebody else with no consequences.
The emotions that make up “needy love” are our strongest emotions, so needy love hijacks our thoughts and convinces us we have a deep connection with the other person. People don’t think “Wow I am under the influence of a bunch of extremely strong chemicals in my brain” but instead think “this is my soulmate.”
That is why “love” is the subject of countless poems, movies, love songs, etc… and an object of worship in our society.
Needy love emotions are different for men and women. Women, for example, feel a strong attraction to “confident” men, whereas men, although they like confident women, don’t have the same emotional reaction to confidence. Men, on the other hand, place more weight on physical appearance than women do. Overall, the checklist that has to be satisfied for women to fall into needy love is much longer than men’s, which is part of the reason women take longer to fall in love and are more“flaky".

The reason relationships are so hard is that just because you feel needy love towards a woman doesnt mean she feels the same needy love back – they have a different process going on in their brain.
One of men’s strongest needy love emotions is their overwhelming desire for sex right away, so men “fall in love” and emotionally over-invest in a relationship much quicker than women. Thats why men are a lot more likely to be “creepy” than women –their “needy love” emotions activate much quicker. However, the needy love emotions are much stronger in women and once a woman “falls in love” she is much more likely to become clingy and needy.
Negative needy love: Here is the dark side of needy love: while the needy love emotions make you feel good for a while, they have an incredibly destructive negative component. Feelings of attachment, sexual desire, acceptance, etc…, can quickly change to neediness, depression, desperation, loneliness, anger, resentment, etc… if the person rejects you. Needy love is like crack – the highs are amazing, but the lows are terrible.
The Greek philosopher Plato wrote that “erotic” love is ultimately dangerous because it makes you irrationally value a person when they like you, and then irrationally hate them when they don’t. As we all know, love can literally drive a person crazy and cause one to become violent, stalk somebody, fall into deep depression, etc… “Love” has ruined countless people’s lives.
On a subconscious level everybody knows that a person in the grip of needy love is basically insane.
Vicarious emotions Human beings have a weird ability to feel emotions vicariously through other people. For example, if you see a guy get hit by a car, you feel “bad” for him because you FEEL as if you yourself got hit by a car,. You don’t logically think to yourself “oh that must suck to get hit by a car.”. The Scottish philosopher Adam Smith said the basis for human sympathy is the fact that we feel through the eyes of the others. Thats why you oftentimes don’t have sympathy for people experiencing problems you havent experienced.

One reason needy love so intense is that you feel the other persons emotions vicariously: not only do you feel your own emotions towards them, but you also literally enter their mind and feel their emotions towards you, so being in love is like an infinite loop of emotions. You love them, you feel them loving you, you then feel them feeling you loving them, etc… It’s insane and part of the reason why “love” is such a complicated mindfuck. But beware: YOU CANNOT ACTUALLY READ THEIR MIND SO YOU PROJECT EMOTIONS ONTO THEIR BRAIN THAT THEY MAY NOT HAVE.

The main point of this article and the reason why women like men who dont give a shit about them is this: Women are disgusted by needy love. If a woman sees a guy displaying the needy love emotions, she immediately become turned off because she vicariously feels that he is becoming crazy.
She knows that the man WANTS something (not just something, A LOT) from her. This puts pressure on her because now somebody's happiness is dependent on her. She knows that he is constantly thinking about her and if she bleeps up even a little (i.e., forgets to call him back, says something weird, etc…)
he will become angry and disappointed. The bleeped up thing is that we Ladies feel all this subconsciously, so they don’t really know why they are getting turned off: they just know that the guy is doing something that is repelling them.
All women have felt needy love before so when they sense it in somebody else they know exactly what is going on.

However, women feel needy love on a much stronger level than men. One thing I have noticed is that the clingiest/neediest women oftentimes give out the harshest rejections – it makes sense: these women reject guys the hardest because they themselves know full well know what its like to be needy and they know its terrifying.
Also, because the needy love emotions are at the forefront of womens minds,
a woman can sense needy love in a guy when he himself doesnt even see it. Worse yet: super attractive women have so many men fall in love with them that they may assume a man is displaying needy love to them even if he isnt.

Some women (especially women that get hit on a lot) interpret simple, everyday actions by the guy (having polite conversation, buying them a drink) as insane needy love – remember we said that vicariously feeling emotions doesn’t mean that you will actually know what they are feeling. If you're a super hot girl like me in Nigeria in 2016, you have tons and tons of people displaying needy love towards you: the cashier at the Mall,store, your 15 ex-boyfriends who can't get over you, other girls who are jealous of you/want to be you, etc… A person who is genuinely emotionless towards you is a breath of fresh air.

Finally, beyond the subconscious level, women are turned off by needy love because needy people are just not fun to be around. They agree with everything you say, don’t say anything interesting/provocative, laugh at all your jokes, and don’t challenge you/call you out on your bullshit. Basically you are useless. Furthermore, people under the influence of needy love act irrationally, talk stupid, act creepy, and display more negative emotions (jealousy, disappointment) than positive ones.
Please keep in mind that our brains can subconsciously pick up a person acting out of needy love, and the signs are often very subtle. Imagine a person saying “hey how are you”? A person can say those same words as a merely nice guy, but another person acting out of needy love will betray their neediness in their body language, tone of voice, eye contact, etc… On a logical level there is no difference, but your subconscious emotions will be able to pick up that the person is displaying needy love.
That’s why a lot of guys fail when they pretend to not give a shit – they have to actually not give a shit. It is a very delicate dance to not display needy love – you need to carefully choose your words, and you need to monitor your subject closely to see if you are freaking her out. You can be having an amazing time all night but then the slightest nudge of needy love freaks her out and sends her running.
The point remains: sometimes even a subtle, slight bit of neediness puts the subject on the defensive. Remember, freaking out over needy love is a subconscious process so she may THINK she like you but she feel revulsion if you are being needy.

DONT GIRLS WANT TO BE LOVED?
Well… Not exactly. What women really want is a guy THEY CAN LOVE.As a guy, you need to just get out of the way and let her love you and not say or do anything to Bleep it up. Remember, needy love emotions are selfish, so a girl will send needy love to you all day but then freak out when you send that same needy love back. Of course, girls want certain things from guys, like attention, somebody who will listen to them, sex, etc… Its ok to give those things in the right times and right amounts. But the full panoply of needy love emotions often freaks them out, especially if the guys needy love is stronger than theirs. Another way to put it is this: women want to be loved on a logical level: they want a guy who is attentive, cares about them, isnt needy, isnt selfish, and isnt an asshole.

Ladies arent impressed with needy love. Also, girls know that the needy love emotions are temporary and wildly fluctuate, so a guy who is under the spell of needy love could easily fall in “love” with another girl tomorrow and leave alone.
One thing I’ve noticed is that the most “slutty” girls post the most quotes about “love” on their Nairaland profile, Facebook page etc.
Why is this? They can’t control their emotions and live in a world of needy love, and needy love doesnt actually care about the actual person you love. When somebody else tickles your emotions you move onto them and forget the first person you were needy loving. If you love a girl “logically” you are actually doing her more of a service than if you love her with needy love. Logical love is more solid and pure than needy love.

So what should a man do? If you want to get a girl to like you, talk to her, be nice to her, joke with her, etc… But just don’t display the needy love emotions. Treat the girl like any other dude you know. Don’t say anything that implies that you “need” anything from her, don’t stare at her too long, don’t follow her around, don’t demand her attention, dont do things for her, etc… If you're out with her, dont make her feel “responsible” for you – make her feel like you could totally walk away and do your own thing and it wouldnt bother you.
In fact, you should err on the side of slightly being a “dick” because a lot of really hot girls will interpret normal behavior as needy love. It will be hard, because you’ve been taught by society (i.e.,telemundo, romantic comedies and Disney movies) that the way to court girls is to kiss their ass and tell them all about your deep and passionate needy love. And of course your emotions are going to want to make you act needy. Control your emotions! Another danger is that the girl will start showing interest so you will think “its ok for me to start showing needy love now.” No!! Needy love is always bad, and just because you've been making out and staring into each other's eyes doesnt mean its ok to bring out your needy love.

After some practice, you will be able to snap out of it..
But wont I friendzone myself?
Good question.
Yes, if you completely act emotionless around a girl, we may think you are uninterested. So you need to do 2 things:

1) Tell Us you are interested. Ask us on a date. A lot of guys are afraid of asking girls on dates because they don’t want to look needy, but if you can ask a girl on a date without displaying needy love you will intrigue and excite her. Its a great deal for her! She can get all the fun and excitement of a date without the burden of dealing with a guy that wants a bunch of shit from her, and
2) Do all the things you've learned on Nairaland romance section, ashewo bear parlor thread/harddon thread: eye contact, deep, intelligent conversations, kino, escalate, etc… It is possible to do all these things without showing needy love. You may ask: how can one escalate with we ladies sexually without making it look like you want to Bleep Us … well, its an art...sortta push-pull method.

bashers should backoff....

CC: Happyjerk, WuOjo, wufredojo
Wildflame

I totally agree with this coming from someone who fell into the needy love situation with a girl. It was not great

1 Like

Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by IAmOged(f): 11:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
Gofwane:
so you expect me to read this long post just to know why you ladies - confused beings don't love guys that truly love you?

So after reading it, will i receive bank alert or get a nice congo to shine? ......if your answer is NO, better comot for road make i dey see all this ladies wey dey pass here with their big, big nyash

Man shall not live by nyansh alone,but by everywords that adds to his understanding of women lifestyle
big nyansh killeth but dis article quickeneth
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by IAmOged(f): 11:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
Tim2016:

I totally agree with this coming from someone who fell into the needy love situation with a girl. It was not great

you will do great nxt time-am sure
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Tim2016: 11:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
IAmOged:

This was me in a nutshell.....
"One of men’s strongest needy love emotions is their overwhelming desire for sex right away, so men “fall in love” and emotionally over-invest in a relationship much quicker than women".

I have done better afterwards but the anger from that "non relationship" still exist. It makes me angry

2 Likes

Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
IAmOged:

its doest not really matters-what you mean by a superhuman girlfriend, a girl who could shiit test trespassing men off-cos all women are inherently built by d society to do shakara[shiit test men off] and dats could be pass by any man which enough confidence.
wat matters is the contract[religious/written/unwritten] of commitment-each party oblige to hold to its side of d bergain

If LLB is what your DP portrays, no doubt you will be a fan of agreement of a thing. Check out the thread below:
https://www.nairaland.com/3473089/hate-marriage-contract-ideal-option
It is a thread of mine from my deactivated account. I stated how I was in love with a weak girl, and how only something like a contract can work for me.
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
IAmOged:

hmm...papa d papa..writer of life.
sha dey carry ur wahala go-u hear?
I no carry any wahala come. Na ur own blood dey hot.

Peace
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by JuanDeDios: 11:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
IAmOged:

okay

am shortening it..though d messages are repressed

Did you really shorten it? If you have a fuller version, send it to me.

Your writeup is brilliant! Just brilliant. I have read a lot of stuff on this matter lately so a lot that you say ring a bell. Here is what I think. The delicate balancing you describe is an ideal - “get out of the way and let her love you”, “talk to her, be nice to her, joke with her, etc… But just don’t display the needy love emotions. Treat the girl like any other dude you know. Don’t say anything that implies that you “need” anything from her, don’t stare at her too long, don’t follow her around, don’t demand her attention, dont do things for her, etc… If you're out with her, dont make her feel “responsible” for you – make her feel like you could totally walk away and do your own thing and it wouldnt bother you.” Ok. I hear.

I doubt a non-player* can actually get it right, although he might, with practice, sufficiently approximate it such that his someone would find her way to him. But yours is an ideal worth working towards – for those who can be bothered. So a psychopath, sociopath or narcissist will all always get the girl, not because she like his “badness” but because he has something else she wants: unpredictability. This will not make for a good lasting relationship, of course, particularly in today's Nigeria where so many folks have no qualms walking over anyone in their bid to "make it" and there are no social institutions or safety nets to ease the hardship of tragedies, but the process of falling in love is not a logical process so women will often act in this way.

Here is my question to you. What of a guy who meets a girl and picks her for the LOGICAL reasons: She sounded just like what he has always wanted in his rational mind, but once she shows some attention, his emotional mind takes over and needy love creeps in. In this case, logical love and needy love are not mutually exclusive – in fact, the whole thing is founded on logical love.

By the way, have you read a guy called David Deida?

(Pardon any typos, abeg. I’m sleepy, as it's been a long day balancing work and play!)

*Modified
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by JuanDeDios: 11:58pm On Dec 20, 2016
IAmOged:

papa d papa...[smellymouth abeg borrow me dat meme]. i think mastery of words complicate relationship between men and women....ask me why?
Why is that? On one party's part or both?
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Gofwane(m): 12:02am On Dec 21, 2016
IAmOged:

Man shall not live by nyansh alone,but by everywords that adds to his understanding of women lifestyle
big nyansh killeth but dis article quickeneth
is that so?... mhmmm...... I'm beginning to suspect you. It seems you are one of them ukwu-less ladies. Turn around lemme see your ukwu.

1 Like

Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Perfecttouch(m): 12:09am On Dec 21, 2016
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Perfecttouch(m): 12:20am On Dec 21, 2016
Tim2016:

he be like say the craze wey dem flog commot from cow body from Lagos to Kampala na ur body he enter. How dare u quote everything again?
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Perfecttouch(m): 12:21am On Dec 21, 2016
Tim2016:

he be like say the craze wey dem flog commot from cow body from Lagos to Kampala na ur body he enter. How dare u quote everything again? To even scroll down in the first place na problem. Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by goingape1: 12:45am On Dec 21, 2016
IAmOged:
Take ur time to read
solution to the conundrum that a lot of guys face: why does it look like girls like guys that don't give a shit about them?
The usual answers are simplistic: girls want what they can't have; aloof guys look like they have higher value; aloof guys seem more interesting or mysterious, etc… All of these answers are right to a degree, but they dont tell the whole story. So I came up with my own explanation:

Needy Love: Our society exalts love as the greatest good, the pinnacle of human life, etc… But the problem is that our society sees “love” as purely an emotion.
What our society calls love I call needy love, defined as a set of ultimately selfish emotions including the desire to have sex, the desire for physical affection, the desire for an ego boost, the desire for validation, etc… This is not a complete list, but the specific emotions are not important – the point is that these emotions are selfish in that they consist of YOU wanting something from the other person without regard for what they want.
There are, of course, other conceptions of love: the Bible (and many other traditional societies) saw love as a contract between two parties that has little to do with emotion. But our society sees love as purely emotion without the accompanying obligation – when your “emotions” run out, you’ve “fallen out of love” and you can go find somebody else with no consequences.
The emotions that make up “needy love” are our strongest emotions, so needy love hijacks our thoughts and convinces us we have a deep connection with the other person. People don’t think “Wow I am under the influence of a bunch of extremely strong chemicals in my brain” but instead think “this is my soulmate.”
That is why “love” is the subject of countless poems, movies, love songs, etc… and an object of worship in our society.
Needy love emotions are different for men and women. Women, for example, feel a strong attraction to “confident” men, whereas men, although they like confident women, don’t have the same emotional reaction to confidence. Men, on the other hand, place more weight on physical appearance than women do. Overall, the checklist that has to be satisfied for women to fall into needy love is much longer than men’s, which is part of the reason women take longer to fall in love and are more“flaky".

The reason relationships are so hard is that just because you feel needy love towards a woman doesnt mean she feels the same needy love back – they have a different process going on in their brain.
One of men’s strongest needy love emotions is their overwhelming desire for sex right away, so men “fall in love” and emotionally over-invest in a relationship much quicker than women. Thats why men are a lot more likely to be “creepy” than women –their “needy love” emotions activate much quicker. However, the needy love emotions are much stronger in women and once a woman “falls in love” she is much more likely to become clingy and needy.
Negative needy love: Here is the dark side of needy love: while the needy love emotions make you feel good for a while, they have an incredibly destructive negative component. Feelings of attachment, sexual desire, acceptance, etc…, can quickly change to neediness, depression, desperation, loneliness, anger, resentment, etc… if the person rejects you. Needy love is like crack – the highs are amazing, but the lows are terrible.
The Greek philosopher Plato wrote that “erotic” love is ultimately dangerous because it makes you irrationally value a person when they like you, and then irrationally hate them when they don’t. As we all know, love can literally drive a person crazy and cause one to become violent, stalk somebody, fall into deep depression, etc… “Love” has ruined countless people’s lives.
On a subconscious level everybody knows that a person in the grip of needy love is basically insane.
Vicarious emotions Human beings have a weird ability to feel emotions vicariously through other people. For example, if you see a guy get hit by a car, you feel “bad” for him because you FEEL as if you yourself got hit by a car,. You don’t logically think to yourself “oh that must suck to get hit by a car.”. The Scottish philosopher Adam Smith said the basis for human sympathy is the fact that we feel through the eyes of the others. Thats why you oftentimes don’t have sympathy for people experiencing problems you havent experienced.

One reason needy love so intense is that you feel the other persons emotions vicariously: not only do you feel your own emotions towards them, but you also literally enter their mind and feel their emotions towards you, so being in love is like an infinite loop of emotions. You love them, you feel them loving you, you then feel them feeling you loving them, etc… It’s insane and part of the reason why “love” is such a complicated mindfuck. But beware: YOU CANNOT ACTUALLY READ THEIR MIND SO YOU PROJECT EMOTIONS ONTO THEIR BRAIN THAT THEY MAY NOT HAVE.

The main point of this article and the reason why women like men who dont give a shit about them is this: Women are disgusted by needy love. If a woman sees a guy displaying the needy love emotions, she immediately become turned off because she vicariously feels that he is becoming crazy.
She knows that the man WANTS something (not just something, A LOT) from her. This puts pressure on her because now somebody's happiness is dependent on her. She knows that he is constantly thinking about her and if she bleeps up even a little (i.e., forgets to call him back, says something weird, etc…)
he will become angry and disappointed. The bleeped up thing is that we Ladies feel all this subconsciously, so they don’t really know why they are getting turned off: they just know that the guy is doing something that is repelling them.
All women have felt needy love before so when they sense it in somebody else they know exactly what is going on.

However, women feel needy love on a much stronger level than men. One thing I have noticed is that the clingiest/neediest women oftentimes give out the harshest rejections – it makes sense: these women reject guys the hardest because they themselves know full well know what its like to be needy and they know its terrifying.
Also, because the needy love emotions are at the forefront of womens minds,
a woman can sense needy love in a guy when he himself doesnt even see it. Worse yet: super attractive women have so many men fall in love with them that they may assume a man is displaying needy love to them even if he isnt.

Some women (especially women that get hit on a lot) interpret simple, everyday actions by the guy (having polite conversation, buying them a drink) as insane needy love – remember we said that vicariously feeling emotions doesn’t mean that you will actually know what they are feeling. If you're a super hot girl like me in Nigeria in 2016, you have tons and tons of people displaying needy love towards you: the cashier at the Mall,store, your 15 ex-boyfriends who can't get over you, other girls who are jealous of you/want to be you, etc… A person who is genuinely emotionless towards you is a breath of fresh air.

Finally, beyond the subconscious level, women are turned off by needy love because needy people are just not fun to be around. They agree with everything you say, don’t say anything interesting/provocative, laugh at all your jokes, and don’t challenge you/call you out on your bullshit. Basically you are useless. Furthermore, people under the influence of needy love act irrationally, talk stupid, act creepy, and display more negative emotions (jealousy, disappointment) than positive ones.
Please keep in mind that our brains can subconsciously pick up a person acting out of needy love, and the signs are often very subtle. Imagine a person saying “hey how are you”? A person can say those same words as a merely nice guy, but another person acting out of needy love will betray their neediness in their body language, tone of voice, eye contact, etc… On a logical level there is no difference, but your subconscious emotions will be able to pick up that the person is displaying needy love.
That’s why a lot of guys fail when they pretend to not give a shit – they have to actually not give a shit. It is a very delicate dance to not display needy love – you need to carefully choose your words, and you need to monitor your subject closely to see if you are freaking her out. You can be having an amazing time all night but then the slightest nudge of needy love freaks her out and sends her running.
The point remains: sometimes even a subtle, slight bit of neediness puts the subject on the defensive. Remember, freaking out over needy love is a subconscious process so she may THINK she like you but she feel revulsion if you are being needy.

DONT GIRLS WANT TO BE LOVED?
Well… Not exactly. What women really want is a guy THEY CAN LOVE.As a guy, you need to just get out of the way and let her love you and not say or do anything to Bleep it up. Remember, needy love emotions are selfish, so a girl will send needy love to you all day but then freak out when you send that same needy love back. Of course, girls want certain things from guys, like attention, somebody who will listen to them, sex, etc… Its ok to give those things in the right times and right amounts. But the full panoply of needy love emotions often freaks them out, especially if the guys needy love is stronger than theirs. Another way to put it is this: women want to be loved on a logical level: they want a guy who is attentive, cares about them, isnt needy, isnt selfish, and isnt an asshole.

Ladies arent impressed with needy love. Also, girls know that the needy love emotions are temporary and wildly fluctuate, so a guy who is under the spell of needy love could easily fall in “love” with another girl tomorrow and leave alone.
One thing I’ve noticed is that the most “slutty” girls post the most quotes about “love” on their Nairaland profile, Facebook page etc.
Why is this? They can’t control their emotions and live in a world of needy love, and needy love doesnt actually care about the actual person you love. When somebody else tickles your emotions you move onto them and forget the first person you were needy loving. If you love a girl “logically” you are actually doing her more of a service than if you love her with needy love. Logical love is more solid and pure than needy love.

So what should a man do? If you want to get a girl to like you, talk to her, be nice to her, joke with her, etc… But just don’t display the needy love emotions. Treat the girl like any other dude you know. Don’t say anything that implies that you “need” anything from her, don’t stare at her too long, don’t follow her around, don’t demand her attention, dont do things for her, etc… If you're out with her, dont make her feel “responsible” for you – make her feel like you could totally walk away and do your own thing and it wouldnt bother you.
In fact, you should err on the side of slightly being a “dick” because a lot of really hot girls will interpret normal behavior as needy love. It will be hard, because you’ve been taught by society (i.e.,telemundo, romantic comedies and Disney movies) that the way to court girls is to kiss their ass and tell them all about your deep and passionate needy love. And of course your emotions are going to want to make you act needy. Control your emotions! Another danger is that the girl will start showing interest so you will think “its ok for me to start showing needy love now.” No!! Needy love is always bad, and just because you've been making out and staring into each other's eyes doesnt mean its ok to bring out your needy love.

After some practice, you will be able to snap out of it..
But wont I friendzone myself?
Good question.
Yes, if you completely act emotionless around a girl, we may think you are uninterested. So you need to do 2 things:

1) Tell Us you are interested. Ask us on a date. A lot of guys are afraid of asking girls on dates because they don’t want to look needy, but if you can ask a girl on a date without displaying needy love you will intrigue and excite her. Its a great deal for her! She can get all the fun and excitement of a date without the burden of dealing with a guy that wants a bunch of shit from her, and
2) Do all the things you've learned on Nairaland romance section, ashewo bear parlor thread/harddon thread: eye contact, deep, intelligent conversations, kino, escalate, etc… It is possible to do all these things without showing needy love. You may ask: how can one escalate with we ladies sexually without making it look like you want to Bleep Us … well, its an art...sortta push-pull method.

bashers should backoff....

CC: Happyjerk, WuOjo, wufredojo
Wildflame
has anyone read this piece of garbage undecided

Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:39am On Dec 21, 2016
IAmOged:

do i need someone to affirm dis is might be a future dissappointments timebomb?
dont be too invested brah..

You have no idea who I am or how I treat ladies so I should not blame you if you don't understand

1 Like

Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by tommychow(m): 1:55am On Dec 21, 2016
IAmOged, you're actually proving to us all that women are flawed in choosing a partner. NO MATTER and I repeat again NO MATTER how a relationship starts, whether the guy was too needy or the girl was too clingy, what matters is COMPATIBILITY. Seems you're still a young girl caring way too much about early impressions. I might do everything you say very well (not looking clingy or emotionally dependent) but if think these are the ingredients to make a relationship work then you have a lot to learn. If the man right for you initially shows more emotions than you prefer and you ignore him for a guy who gives you less interest because he has about 5 other babes, whose loss is it?

Please, can you kindly tell me how majority of relationships start? You'll agree with me that in almost all cases the man show a great amount of interest initially and tries to WOO her. It's most likely what you father did to your mum. He was ATTRACTED to her and gave her that "needy love" which she accepted and matured into something more real. It's in our DNA but you're telling us to fight it? WAIT THERE! If a man doesn't show this "needy love" you're complaining about, its because he doesn't find you attractive, he has too many options, he's too shy, too proud or too busy.

Tbh, I understand what you're saying but because you want your man to act a certain way doesn't mean ALL MEN should act that way. Like, your post is the very reason y'all get used and dumped by the "bad boys".

2 Likes

Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by ThuGnificenX: 2:35am On Dec 21, 2016
Wow! This is the best piece I've ever come across. Nice intelligent points.
IamOged I'll like to be your friend on a friend level.
I want to know all that you know.
Pm!
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Prinzecharlez(m): 2:55am On Dec 21, 2016
Very intelligent person @op that's all I have to say.
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Csami(m): 3:16am On Dec 21, 2016
Needy love emotions my ass!

People are different and the same article told us that you can't read people's mind. Some people are passive listeners, they want hear their boyfriends talk about their day, childhood, ex, school days.
Not all women are attracted to dickhe@ds and not all guys want to have sex with a lady at first sight.

1 Like

Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Olasco93: 3:46am On Dec 21, 2016
This OP is Smart, Sensable and her Odorrifferrous saga is very active...
Those Obiangellis in Nursing and Medicine Departments that blows Biological and Enthodemological grammer, just to test our Kincumkrankum will hear from us come 2017, my right and left sebacious glands have been fully Updated for 2017 implimentation, cot-cee of OP Post.

1 Like

Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Smellymouth: 4:50am On Dec 21, 2016
IAmOged:

papa d papa...[smellymouth abeg borrow me dat meme].i think mastery of words complicate relationship between men and women....ask me why?

1 Like

Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 21, 2016
IAmOged:

You have a point. But how is it there has been little to no input from the female folks here?

1 Like

Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by IAmOged(f): 8:35am On Dec 21, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Why is that? On one party's part or both?
whichway-omit the harbingers of words mastery from relationship, everything then down-tone to body language expression-making it alot easier to carry out normal human biological pair bond,mating etc.
you dont have to stress yourselves throbbing hard in words mix emotional sac-just body language, den everybody is wet and ready..no long process
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by IAmOged(f): 8:46am On Dec 21, 2016
Csami:
Needy love emotions my ass!

People are different and the same article told us that you can't read people's mind. Some people are passive listeners, they want hear their boyfriends talk about their day, childhood, ex, school days.
Not all women are attracted to dickhe@ds and not all guys want to have sex with a lady at first sight.

its has been scientifically proven that men loose control of their logicality when in the presence of a superhot babe...it in your DNA-your emotion to fvck will first take over,though u can snap out of it-but u cant escape it...lolz
Re: Why We Women Aren't Attracted To Men Who "LOVE" Us by IAmOged(f): 9:09am On Dec 21, 2016
B2Spirits:

If LLB is what your DP portrays, no doubt you will be a fan of agreement of a thing. Check out the thread below:
https://www.nairaland.com/3473089/hate-marriage-contract-ideal-option
It is a thread of mine from my deactivated account. I stated how I was in love with a weak girl, and how only something like a contract can work for me.

weak asin a loose girl,who gets fvcked easily by every dick and harry?
its one of your male challenge to look for d right lady-though rare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Is The Guy Who Impregnated President Obama”s Daughter Malia / This Picture Of A Kenyan Girl Will Make You Wow. / Only Legends Will Understand What This Man Is Doing In This Picture With His Gir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.