Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,201 members, 7,780,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:52 PM

I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida (7106 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Maryam Abacha & Her Daughters In Aso Rock (Throwback Pic) / Maryam Babangida And Princes Diana [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by AloyEmeka6: 4:51am On Nov 17, 2009
I’m alive, says Maryam Babangida
Cover StoriesNov 16, 2009
By Omoh Gabriel

LAGOS — Former First Lady, Mrs Maryam Babangida, yesterday said she is alive and kicking. She spoke to Vanguard on phone allaying the fears that she was dead.
She said; “I do not know that you people in Vanguard love me this much. Only God gives life and takes it. I am alive, well, I am okay. I don’t know where people got the rumour from.”

Former First Lady, Mrs Maryam Babangida

She further said: “I am surprised that some people are wishing me dead, I am still alive, I thank Almighty Allah for His mercies and kindness. I will soon join you at home”.
Her conversation with Vanguard yesterday put to rest the rumour of her death which had spread like wildfire.
She was said to be terminally ill of cancer at the University of California (UCLA) Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center in Los Angeles.
The rumour mill also said that the former First Lady was undergoing chemotherapy and pain therapy in the intensive care unit of center in the past few days. It was also said that the former military President General Ibrahim Babangida joined his wife a few weeks ago.
Last week, General Babangida and his children were even said to have been summoned to Maryam’s bedside as her condition was said to be deteriorating.
Mohammed, the first son of Maryam, was said to have returned to Nigeria two nights ago to brief members of the extended family about the condition of his mother in Los Angeles.

Maryam Babangida, former First Lady of Nigeria and Chairperson for the Better Life for Rural Woman, remains the toast of Nigerian women even in her advance years. She is one of the most glamorous and most photographed first ladies in Nigeria’s history.
Full of zest, she became a recurring decimal in top-rate state and social functions within and outside Nigeria.

Mrs. Babangida often brought smiles on the faces of many people particularly because of her sense of style and the glitter she brings to every occasion she attends.
Nigeria’s history has it that Mrs. Babangida as wife of Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, who was the nation’s president between 1985 and 1993 started the office of the first lady and went further to add glamour to it.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/11/16/im-alive-says-maryam-babangida/
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by SEFAGO(m): 4:57am On Nov 17, 2009
so does she want us to be happy? grin grin grin
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by AloyEmeka6: 5:05am On Nov 17, 2009
Yes. She is laughing hard at her detractors. grin grin grin
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by SEFAGO(m): 5:08am On Nov 17, 2009
Everyone has their day regardless
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by sjeezy8: 5:12am On Nov 17, 2009
Im so sick and tired of Nigerians and their BS mehn, fake ass rumors and published articles. Nigerians dont want progess for themselves, they love hearing these dumb ass stories about shit that doesnt even concern them. Who fuckin cares if this ho is dead or not?

Stupid ass rumors and stupid ass stories
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by Nobody: 5:16am On Nov 17, 2009
Am so glad she's still alive to face justice. . . . possibly an execution.
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by SEFAGO(m): 5:17am On Nov 17, 2009
u think say nigeria and china are the same grin grin
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 17, 2009
What type of country is this,,a fellow citizen is sick & people have already wished her death even when she's stil breathing.I wouldnt be surprise with our quack journalists,several times now,it has been rumoured of president yaraduas death.,where is patrioticism in this country?.i do hope she survived,wish her quik recovery
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by bawomolo(m): 5:20am On Nov 17, 2009
nuzo:

Am so glad she's still alive to face justice. . . . possibly an execution.

this beef is personal lol
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by SEFAGO(m): 5:26am On Nov 17, 2009
What type of country is this,,a fellow citizen is sick & people have already wished her death even when she's stil breathing.I wouldnt be surprise with our quack journalists,several times now,it has been rumoured of president yaraduas death.,where is patrioticism in this country?.i do hope she survived,wish her quik recovery

yeah she needs more time, to enjoy the pleasures obtained from the misery of others
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by bibiking1(m): 5:30am On Nov 17, 2009
Hmm, So Nairaland tried to assassinate her excellency? Seun is in deep waters!
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 17, 2009
@sefago
u sound like a heartless person.,how would u feel if u heard rumour of your death saz maybe on nairaland,,be frank
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by SEFAGO(m): 6:02am On Nov 17, 2009
u sound like a heartless person.,how would u feel if u heard rumour of your death saz maybe on nairaland,,be frank

haven't you noticed how much I love attention  grin grin grin. That would make my day.

I just hope people comment as much as they are now, for maryam. I love being famous

Duh, we are all going to die one day, why the fear of the unescapable?

Additionally, I have never indirectly harmed someone not to talk of the magnitude of maryam, so why use me as an exmaple
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 17, 2009
So that u can feel what it is like to be no more,,sori if im too harsh on you,pele
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by PapaBrowne(m): 6:13am On Nov 17, 2009
Nigerians are a funny bunch. People are wishing the woman dead as if that would make their country better.
Funny thing about death is that it takes the good, the bad and the ugly.
People speak as though their time would never come.
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 17, 2009
Death is inevitable
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 17, 2009
SEFAGO:

u think say nigeria and china are the same  grin grin

Sorry oo, am not hoping on Yaradua.

Just watch out!

bawomolo:

this beef is personal lol

Yeah. . . partly. My sister died of similar sickness. . not because the sickness wasnt diagnosed earlier but because IBB and Mariam squandered the money meant for hospitals where such sickness could be treated. We didnt even think of flying my poor sister to the expensive but sophisticated LA hospital. Eventually, the young innocent girl died one of the most painful death ever. . . . on my arms for that matter. Its been over three years she passed away, and no day passes by that I dont find myself sobbing bitterly. . . not because she died but because of the pains she went through. cry

This is just one story out of millions that arose due to gross wickedness of IBB and his wife.
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by nex(m): 6:50am On Nov 17, 2009
Thank goodness she's still alive. The Heavens have just given us the last opportunity to send her to the gallows.
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 17, 2009
@nuzo
i know we all have our moments of desperation.you are being childish,because you lost your sista,you became frustrated and now you wanted mariam dead because ibb embezzled 9ja money.,see,im a muslim and i believe whatever good or bad comes is only an act of God,it comes from God only,we have all lost dear ones due to one reason or the other.Even if your sister were to be flown abroad,it doesnt mean she would live til today.,stella was healthy when she went for plastic surgery abroad but she died in the process.Only God decide who lives or dies so wishing a fellow human evil or death is a sin before God,sorry for your lost and lets pray for mariam's recovery,.May your sista soul rest in peace
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by puskin: 7:00am On Nov 17, 2009
Why wish death on Maryam.
Why this hatred 2wards her.
Itz her husband that looted nd not her.
Thank God she's alive.
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 17, 2009
~Bluetooth:

@nuzo
i know we all have our moments of desperation.you are being childish,because you lost your sista,you became frustrated and now you wanted mariam dead because ibb embezzled 9ja money.,see,im a muslim and i believe whatever good or bad comes is only an act of God,it comes from God only,we have all lost dear ones due to one reason or the other.Even if your sister were to be flown abroad,it doesnt mean she would live til today.,stella was healthy when she went for plastic surgery abroad but she died in the process.Only God decide who lives or dies so wishing a fellow human evil or death is a sin before God,sorry for your lost and lets pray for mariam's recovery,.May your sista soul rest in peace

You see how heartless and sentimental most Nigerians can be. . . . you couldnt even sympathize with me on the death of my innocent sister but you will invoke all the forgiveness in Koran unto a woman who contributed immensely to the dying Nigeria. Well, I didnt expect you to do otherwise, after all she is your fellow muslim. undecided
So that you should know, I have never in any of my post wished death for anybody on this forum. All am asking is that those who wished death on Mariam reserves the right to do so without being harassed. As for me, I would want her to survive so she can be sentenced to death by hanging when the time comes. But if she goes ahead to die a painful death like my sister, I can only hope that the gods you guys have been calling up here and there would  keep to his words and throw her into the deepest part of hell if there's any.

I also want to use this opportunity to let you know that I respect whatever your believe is, but dont force it on me. Its crap to people like me.
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by SEFAGO(m): 7:41am On Nov 17, 2009
ments of desperation.you are being childish,because you lost your sista,you became frustrated and now you wanted mariam dead because ibb embezzled 9ja money.,see,im a muslim and i believe whatever good or bad comes is only an act of God,it comes from God only,we have all lost dear ones due to one reason or the other.Even if your sister were to be flown abroad,it doesnt mean she would live til today.,stella was healthy when she went for plastic surgery abroad but she died in the process.Only God decide who lives or dies so wishing a fellow human evil or death is a sin before God,sorry for your lost and lets pray for mariam's recovery,.May your sista soul rest in peace

shocked shocked shocked. Anyways , so we want maryam to die quickly so that she can meet God quickly. Isn't heaven suppose to be better than earth? So I want the best for Maryam Babangida, let her die kiya kiya, so that she can rest in the beautiful bosom of the lord. She will rest there with dele giwa and company where they will be chasing her with whip, and torementing her forever. I really hope for this reason that there is an afterlife

I also want to comment on your wickedness Bluetooth, you don't want maryam to enjoy the pleasures of heaven. Why such wickedness?

As they say, everyone wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 17, 2009
@nuzo
kill yourself then because you lost your sister since you want to tribalize,the whole thing & fyi, im a yoruba not deltan or hausa.The God i serve may be different but he's not a cruel one
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by SEFAGO(m): 8:16am On Nov 17, 2009
kill yourself then because you lost your sister since you want to[b] tribalize[/b],the whole thing  & fyi, im a yoruba not deltan or hausa.The God i serve may be different but he's not a cruel one

i think he was trying to religionize the issue  grin

Bloody religionist angry
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 17, 2009
@sefago
touché
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by walakolobo: 8:24am On Nov 17, 2009
Somebody in china has a big issue to spill- now we can understand why "Nigeria is a failed state"
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by SEFAGO(m): 8:40am On Nov 17, 2009
Arguements are to be avoided,they are always vulgar & rarely convincing.

I think you should change ur signature as i proposed bluetooth smiley
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 17, 2009
My bad,,so what should i change it to??
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by SEFAGO(m): 9:02am On Nov 17, 2009
Look closer at my post- it is not an insult mate, I just think it sounds better- you could just ignore me or just take my advise. I think mine sounds better
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by bilymuse: 9:54am On Nov 17, 2009
lm happy shes alive, l admire Maryam
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 17, 2009
Good for u then & now that the woman didnt die,are you sad?
Re: I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida by asha80(m): 10:37am On Nov 17, 2009
Maybe she can die more slowly.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? / Pictures Of Rochas Developmental Works - IMO STATE / Why Are El-rufai Children Dying At This Rate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.