Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria (6649 Views)

Anti-Igbo Song Calling For Genocide In Circulation In Northern Nigeria - Group / Nigeria Ranks 136th In Corruption Perceptions Index 2016 / What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 21, 2016
Have You Ever Been To The North?

If No. Give us a textual view of the north according to your own cognizance.

If Yes. State your perception about the north before and after your pop in. (visit)

Let's here the truth from you. No insult. No lies Please.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by darbeelicous(f): 12:34am On Dec 21, 2016
I've never been to the north but I'll go with the bibles perception.......... "fear North"
Have you ever wondered why north.... Why not other places other places like east, west or south? No, but it says "fear North"
Don't quote me! Its just a silly joke.
Ps, its "fear not" o.

11 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by acenazt: 12:42am On Dec 21, 2016
darbeelicous:
I've never been to the north but I'll go with the bibles perception.......... "fear North"
Have you ever wondered why north.... Why not other places other places like east, west or south? No, but it says "fear North"haaaahaaaahaaaahhaaahahah my laff don finish I will come back and laugh more when you become funnier
Don't quote me! Its just a silly joke.
Ps, its "fear not" o.
Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by mykeljosef: 1:00am On Dec 21, 2016
1.islamic religion as is being practiced by them

2.the elites wants the poor to remain poor hence they use islam to decieve them on haram

3. classic backwardness n mediocrity

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by MONITZ: 1:43am On Dec 21, 2016
Nigeria's problems. will aptly fit the North's description .....

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 4:05am On Dec 21, 2016
I just realized I don't really have a perception of the north since I haven't been there in a long time. When I lived there, I saw things through a child's eye.

I can only talk about Kano because that was where I lived but not the north as a whole.
Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by patchsk(f): 5:01am On Dec 21, 2016
Flies.
Beggars.
Bombs.
Dirty lifestyle arising from mode of worship.
Insecurity.
Beheading.
Dangwurugwu's
Gworo
Etc

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by JonSnow(m): 5:55am On Dec 21, 2016
Drab, dirty, backward, barbaric place. I will never step foot in such a location.
**spits

14 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Azujabeel(m): 5:59am On Dec 21, 2016
Northern Nigeria is a blessed and special region, the land space/area is wide and fertile that many plants can grow, the north has flexible weather making possible for all kind of social and agricultural activities to be fixed, villages, towns, cities, mountains, rocks, desert, green forest, wide range of farmland, and wild reserve(of endangered species) has make the landscape unique in West Africa.

With good natural landscape, natural warm and cold spring waters, different lovely tribes (Hausa, Fula, Kanuri, Shu-arab and others) full of beauty and determination amid high population yet wide range of land area and flexible weather the north remains the best choice.

A morning in Yankari Game Reserve with green forest right before you, animals roaming freely in your sight and cleansing your body and mind at the wikki warm spring will forever change & heal your body system and install the love of Northern Nigeria in your heart.

Northern Nigeria remains the best soul mate of a reasonable and great West African.

Pic2: Kogi state
Pic3: Niger state
Pic4: Bauchi state

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by WizBLANCE(m): 6:01am On Dec 21, 2016
FEAR NORTH... North is equated with marriage. Yes (marriage is like a room those in it want out but few make it out alive but bad as it may, each Saturday witness a lot of weddings) back to the North, Many flee the north due to fear of insurgent, fulani herds men, Muslims, (kadara and nupe for those in Niger.) and what have you. But not minding the risk many also migrate to the north because of availability of arable land, cheap food, cheap land, cheap rent, and cheap life. Yes cheap life because alto has been slay for not just cause,.... However business flourish, for those in kaffi koro (pikoro LGA Niger) light is 99% available... But for me this goodies are bait at the end of a fishing line... Did i remember to mention Muslims and fulani as the major problems the north have?
I have to prepare for work.. Tell you more when i get home.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Omudia11: 6:05am On Dec 21, 2016
Same here. I've only been to abuja and it can't be said to even be in the north. Will never step feet into the core north.
JonSnow:
Drab, dirty, backward, barbaric place. I will never step foot in such a location.
**spits
Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by mightyhazell: 6:08am On Dec 21, 2016
Backwardness! Cog in the wheel of nigeria development!

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Mujaheeeden: 6:50am On Dec 21, 2016
patchsk:
Flies.
Beggars.
Bombs.
Dirty lifestyle arising from mode of worship.
Insecurity.
Beheading.
Dangwurugwu's
Gworo
Etc
Gbam

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Develpeast: 6:56am On Dec 21, 2016
Please, never ever give birth in a hausa / Fulani dominated area. its for the child's safety. I am not hating, I know they have very low IQ.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by BluMalam(m): 7:09am On Dec 21, 2016
FriendChoice:

If Yes. State your perception about the north before and after your pop in. (visit)

Let's here the truth from you. No insult. No lies Please.

What exactly is the purpose of this thread?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Pavore9: 7:11am On Dec 21, 2016
Low human capital development.
Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by betterABIAstate: 7:13am On Dec 21, 2016
I have been to Jos, north have lot of fruits. They love agriculture and I love the north but they don't like Igbo's.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by DecemberIV: 7:21am On Dec 21, 2016
Forget perception, talk reality.

KADUNA

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by DecemberIV: 7:21am On Dec 21, 2016

2 Likes

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by QuotaSystem: 7:24am On Dec 21, 2016
BluMalam:

Interesting question.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by orisa37: 7:26am On Dec 21, 2016
The North: Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri originally. But now, The North comprises: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara, Katsina, North Niger/Kaduna and Kano= NW. Jigawa, Yobe, Borno, Bauchi, Gombe and Adamawa= NE.
Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by BluMalam(m): 7:27am On Dec 21, 2016
BluMalam:

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by BluMalam(m): 7:27am On Dec 21, 2016
BluMalam:

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by BluMalam(m): 7:28am On Dec 21, 2016
BluMalam:

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 7:28am On Dec 21, 2016
FriendChoice:

I've never been to the north. But most info were gotten from the Internet and relating with northerners in the south.

One thing I know is that we are all Nigerians and we all have our anomalies likewise our good side. There certainly are good people over there as much as bad people which is the same case in every region of the country. However, the main anomaly i know that is peculiar to the north is the level of illiteracy which is way beyond those in other regions. And in turn the more reason why things seem backward over there. Every other anomalies that people might point out there is also peculiar to the other regions.

What do you think about this?

Actually I've never been there but I've had a preamble of the possible way things might seem over there. We have northern settlement here, even though their lifestyle is mixing more with those of us here and so i can't base my perception of the north on them. Even the newcomers gets mocked by those that were born and bred here — atimes you see them calling them "dan kauye" lol. However with the available info on the Internet and on daily newspaper, i think everyone can have first hand information of how the north looks and how things are being done over there.
Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Sealeddeal(m): 7:30am On Dec 21, 2016
I had the perception that North is filled with Dirty people, illiterates, Criminals, Islamists, cheap foods, Almajiris, and unfriendly people. That was before I get to north but now I am in the north, and i can say that,There are different areas in the North and each of these areas act differently from the other in many ways. Illiteracy is widespread likewise almajiri education system which breeds almajiri beggars in developed areas. There are much Islamists mostly in Niger, Sokoto, Zamfara, Kano, Northern Bauchi,Jigawa and Yobe but others are mostly as free as Southern states. Northerners are human being also and they're friendly too. A lot of places in north are as dirty as other parts of Nigeria. There are few foods you can get cheap. There are heavy flies infestation; everywhere is Flies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by DecemberIV: 7:30am On Dec 21, 2016
KATSINA.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by DecemberIV: 7:30am On Dec 21, 2016

1 Like

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by DecemberIV: 7:33am On Dec 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by DecemberIV: 7:33am On Dec 21, 2016
JIGAWA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

850 PDP, PRP Members Defect To APC In Zaria / 2023: APC UK Seeks Postponement Of Feb 26 National Convention / Tunde Sabiu The Head Of Cabal Moved Out Of Aso Rock -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.