Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

FUTA. What Next??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTA. What Next??? (511 Views)

12ft Python Killed In FUTA (Photos) / FUTA Quoted Bible Verse In Exam Question (Photo) / See The Ridiculous Notice I Saw At FUTA This Morning (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FUTA. What Next??? by Stemalex(m): 1:09am On Dec 21, 2016
**light from the yellow sun outside lightens my partially dark room through the window.***

My digital clock shows today date as 20th December 2016. Its been 5 months since vacation and still the pending crisis between the VC and JAC, NASU & SSANU unresolved even after efforts by the school's governing council.

After the numerous efforts put in by the SUG and the futa community via open letters to the president and other stakeholders, one begin to imagine if education is taken seriously in our country.
Again today, the VC Prof G.A Daramola while on air with 102.5fm in his final comment stated willingness to dialogue.
January 3rd again has been proposed by the senate for resumption of 2016/2017 academic session but still the aggrieved unions refused to recognize the date or any other date for that matter instead they chose to continue in their struggle without consideration for students involved.
I come out to say that there is no FUTA without us the students, we want to go back to our classrooms, complete our programmes and become useful to families, our country and the world at large. This dream is slowly fading away and I call on the presidency, Minister of Education as well as well meaning Nigerians to help return FUTA to its glory days.
Compliments of the season, my warm regards!
Re: FUTA. What Next??? by futajac2016: 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
*RE: Why I was beaten and arrested, Prof. Alese (FUTA Dean of Student Affair)*

Today, it's clearer to me why criminals are in the habit of justifying his/her wrong doing.

By my judgement Prof. Kayode Alese is not fit to occupy the position of Dean of Student Affairs unit in FUTA and by extension I expected him to bury his head in shame for that criminal and nefarious acts he perpetrated alongside FUTA SUG Executives before the long arms of the law catch up with them on Wednesday, 21st December, 2016. But Alese still raised his ugly head to justify his dastard act. What a shame

Alese should explain to the whole Nigerians whether those pictures and video are true or not. Pictures showing him and FUTA SUG Executives *(Alese's Carpenters)* with claw bar, hammer and other tools used to break into the building. Also where Police bundled him and the student Union Executive into police van, is it not true?

The Dean of Student Affairs is expected to be an individual of good characters, moral conduct and values worthy of emulation. But alas, the qualities FUTA students get to emulate from Prof. Alese include internet FRAUD as four, FUTA students were arrested by EFCC for internet fraud recently. Burgle houses and offices as demonstrated again by Dean himself.

Do you know on Friday, 23rd December, 2016 two FUTA students were arrested by police in Apatapiti, FUTA area with loaded pistol (see pictures below).

One would ask what kind of Dean is heading Student Affairs unit because this trend of events call for serious concerns of stakeholders.
*Pictures won't lie*

I've received calls both within and outside this nation asking what kind of *CRIMINAL* we have as the Dean of student affairs? It really saddened my heart.

Based on these calls I'm forced to write this and call the attention of well meaning stakeholders in FUTA to the kind of moral decadence among our students.

I want to believe my Readers are people of high intelligent and good sense of judgement. Please let's ask ourselves

_(1) Prof. Alese said he sent Carpenters to break into Student Affairs Building *in his absence*._

_(2) Are those arrested truly Carpenters? or FUTASU Executives are now Carpenters?_

_(3) Despite heavy security presence on campus, Nigerian Police both regular and MOPOL, Civil Defence, SSS. Why Prof. Alese asked his Carpenters (FUTASU Executive) to break into the building without any of these securities in attendance_

_(4) The building consist of many offices and not that of Alese alone. Please don't you think they are up to something since there are valuables in other offices._

_(5) Lastly, who locked Student Affairs Building? Prof. Alese or JAC? All I know was that Prof Alese come to office almost everyday since the crisis started on 6th October, 2016. Please why was that particular building just locked on 21st December, 2016._

I think we should look beyond alleged JAC alone even the person alleging (Prof. Alese) is a suspect under this circumstance. I leave the rest to right thinking Nigerians.

The allegations against Mr. Mathew Fayiwole, Mrs. Abifade, Mr. Osmond and others are frivolous because the pictures and video only show the police doing their job or Alese expected the police to allows him and his FUTASU Carpenters cart away things in the building because he is a professor?

*To the student Union Executives*. I want you to know that right from time immemorial, staff Unions and Management do have issues and STUDENTS shouldn't allow any of the parties to drag them to the middle of the scene as Management did in this case. I advise you to always remain neutral in issues like this and appeal to both parties. They are your parents and contributed to your progress in life rather than insulting them the way you are doing.

As I drop my pen, I wish to call on EFCC to issue certificate of clearance to VC (Adebiyi Daramola) as he reported at the Senate meeting, Management Advisory Committee meeting and Congregation meeting that EFCC has absolved him of any wrongdoings. If otherwise, EFCC should expedite action in the investigation. This will lay to rest this ongoing crisis in FUTA.

I would not condemned JAC in totality even though JAC also have some shortcomings in the course of this struggle. If the allegations are true and blow whistle as they did then they deserve commendations for saving our University and the Nation from the claws of corrupt Vice Chancellor. I also wish to say that *TRUTH* is *SACROSANCT* and we must all embrace TRUTH in the interest of our University and our dear Nation Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Admissions Into Lagos State Model Colleges / CFA Level 2 Text / Help My Sister Was Scamed Of Her School Fees In Ebsu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.