Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR (10288 Views)

Exxon Mobil Job For Graduate And Experienced Engineers (second Class Upper) Only / Exxon Mobil & Shell Test / Careers In Exxon Mobil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by samuraix1: 8:01am On Nov 17, 2009
Can you imagine, 6 people wrote a test with Exxon mobil in the morning that was conducted by a white man. We were all called later to come for the 2nd test in the afternoon on same day. Though some of us stay till that time because some people came in from UK, ghana and PH. To our amazement 2 guys that were not with us in the morning joined us for the second test. (and these guys were looking soooo confident and didnt say a word to the rest of us)

Now check this, the oyinbo man that conducted the test was even asking the mobil hr staff about the 2 new guys saying "how come I have 8 guys for this test since 6 did it in the morning". The naija HR guy just moved closer to him and said a lady in HR will explain to him later but the oyinbo man was angry and frustrated.

To cut the long story short, even though i perfectly did the second test, all of us (6) that initially did the test were called and told we werent successful.

Dear NL, the thing vex me gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!! E dey pain me oooh
No wonder the oyinbo man took time to conduct the test himself, even that did not work

I bow for this country ooh
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by dbells: 12:32pm On Nov 17, 2009
its sad,but this is naija.your own miracle is on the way
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by samuraix1: 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2009
Amen ooh
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by baumolina(m): 1:09pm On Nov 17, 2009
I wonder if it's possible to challenge test score at time because some of them might just be for formality sake
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by baumolina(m): 1:10pm On Nov 17, 2009
God will do your miracle for u cos I almost killed myself when I was told I failed one simple test sometime ago
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by jaybee3(m): 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2009
eeya pele.
only in naija
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by shabbie(m): 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2009
Same thing happened during the scholarship test.
Immediately after a guy cockily said he has gotten d scholarship and made a phone call on the spot to someone in HR that hez done the exam.
Truly the guy got the scholarship.
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by candyshore: 4:00pm On Nov 17, 2009
sorry o. take heart.
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by kina4blick: 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2009
you sef for meet the oyinbo man make e flooow eeeeehh eeeehhhh sorry shay na so e bi you suppose don know God go provide your own person
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by sophianah(f): 10:32am On Nov 18, 2009
that is nigeria for u
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by clintonty(m): 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2009
A lot of this happen, most of the media advert are formalties, but it sucks when you travel hundreds of kilometres to write a test with mammoth unemployed folks in lagos or elsewhere, later discovering that the names of 7 candidates have been written in a special list even before the end of the test. The seven buddies had the job lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by clintonty(m): 3:20pm On Nov 18, 2009
@ samurai-x NEVER MIND, YOUR GOD-ORDAINED JOB WILL SURELY CLICK. Program your mind that, a job you almost got is not yours, God is not a God of luck, cut-off, HR arrangement or company policy. It is well.
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by KEKE911: 9:55pm On Nov 18, 2009
going down.
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by profb: 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2009
so sorry. just take heart and be positive. soon an unchallenged opportunity is coming for you
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by Outstrip(f): 10:30pm On Nov 18, 2009
Same shit. Different day. When the white man says something tomorrow about how unscrupulous Nigerians are, we go dey vex that a white man can come to our country and say that.
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by debosky(m): 10:34pm On Nov 18, 2009
Not jumping to conclusions, but how do you know the other two got the job?

You presume the other 2 didn't do perfectly on the test, but again, you have no evidence. undecided

Were there more tests scheduled for later on

Granted there might be something shady going on, but you can't say so for sure.
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by chelseabmw(m): 10:59pm On Nov 18, 2009
Na Naija we dey oooooo.Take it as u see it
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by willyspace(m): 11:11pm On Nov 18, 2009
I know someone that attended that same interview, you will be happy to know that four guys actually made it into the final stage with only one of the two 'strange' guys as part of the final four. They have done one more interview, now awaiting the results. They are not actually sure how many of them will be finally employed. I believe your time will come, stop crying over spilled milk. (later in the day, those two guys were given the first test which they missed).

1 Like

Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by octar6: 12:07am On Nov 19, 2009
in naija,anything and everything in the labour market is posssible.just relax and take heart,ur real job will come 2 u. grin
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by Nobody: 12:49am On Nov 19, 2009
9ja, we hail thee! grin
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by SHOPPING: 1:06am On Nov 19, 2009
This will change how shopping is done in Nigeria so Guys fill out this survey and let me know what you think

http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=g065x167ubfh9kc672413

thanks

(I know i have posted it sooo many times but i am trying to get 10000 responses) Thanks
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by san26dy(f): 5:33am On Nov 19, 2009
But seriously, Nigeria is something else. JUst see where we belong in terms of corruption. My travel home this year was a nightmare. too much bribery and corruption I was soooo frustrated. angry angry My dear take heart.
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by stanbiggi(m): 7:44am On Nov 19, 2009
My brother, u are even lucky that they invited you the second time. unlike us last year, we wrote a test for the position of a security coordinator, people flew from port harcourt,calabar,kano and the distant state from lagos to write the tes,infact i was the youngest that day. the test was well supervised by a white man not too tall and bare headed and assisted with a white young lady and black chicks. some of their staff wrote the exam with us and we were told that we will be contacted in 2weeks. since we dont know who will be called ,so we exchanged phone no. . as i speak no one of the people that wrote the test was called. may they finally took their staff that also wrote the exam which was not ready to associate or give anyone their no. and they were so confident too.
if they know that they not going to be fair in their recruitment process let them not be making a public advert to deceive the people and government that they are performing their social responsililty
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by samuraix1: 7:49am On Nov 19, 2009
I just had to speak up here and let fellow Nairalanders be aware of what is going on, am amazed that few people also share same experience with same company.

I know this kind of stuff goes on everyday but i think its high time victims like myself should speak up!
Thanks for all your encouraging words.
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by VALIDATOR: 8:11am On Nov 19, 2009
willyspace:

I know someone that attended that same interview, you will be happy to know that four guys actually made it into the final stage with only one of the two 'strange' guys as part of the final four. They have done one more interview, now awaiting the results. They are not actually sure how many of them will be finally employed. I believe your time will come, stop crying over spilled milk. (later in the day, those two guys were given the first test which they missed).

Please refer to the bold part.If you can write the second test before the first test then the white man who supervised it should know before hand.So, I still classified it to be cheating.

stanbiggi:

My brother, u are even lucky that they invited you the second time. unlike us last year, we wrote a test for the position of a security coordinator, people flew from port harcourt,calabar,kano and the distant state from lagos to write the tes,infact i was the youngest that day. the test was well supervised by a white man not too tall and bare headed and assisted with a white young lady and black chicks. some of their staff wrote the exam with us and we were told that we will be contacted in 2weeks. since we dont know who will be called ,so we exchanged phone no. . as i speak no one of the people that wrote the test was called. may they finally took their staff that also wrote the exam which was not ready to associate or give anyone their no. and they were so confident too.
if they know that they not going to be fair in their recruitment process let them not be making a public advert to deceive the people and government that they are performing their social responsililty

The bold part is what Nigerian masses like.It is our way of life even though we complain about it.
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by VALIDATOR: 8:22am On Nov 19, 2009
debosky:

Not jumping to conclusions, but how do you know the other two got the job?

You presume the other 2 didn't do perfectly on the test, but again, you have no evidence. undecided

Were there more tests scheduled for later on

Granted there might be something shady going on, but you can't say so for sure.

The white guy in charge should be the first to know if it were so.The poster said he was surprised and asked how come he has 8 names instead of 6. Can't you get it?
Outstrip:

Same shit. Different day. When the white man says something tomorrow about how unscrupulous Nigerians are, we go dey vex that a white man can come to our country and say that.

Well said sister.
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by ikefor(m): 8:23am On Nov 19, 2009
Well ma brother, the thing is that if you had made the test, perhaps you wouldn't be saying these things. The truth is that if God made it possible for you to scale the first test, instead of complaining, perhaps what you should be asking is that “what went wrong and how can i do better next time”. God can equally give you even a better opportunity in the near distant future but you must not complain at situations like this. Abi you wan tell us say you sharp so tay you pass Exxon first exam.

Anyway, many people and most Nigerians believe that you must know someone that know someone to get a job like that but the truth is that you only need to know your God. I'm not negating the power of networking because, its very crucial and i know friends that have changed jobs 5 times and above and they never sat for an interview but their appointment was solely based on recommendations.
However, on the flip side, the reason i'm saying this is that i know someone close to me, who applied for an exxonmobil job off the pages of the newspaper and went thru the processes and got the job, i don't think those guys mess around o - they mean business.
So, my advice to you, pray hard and better luck next time.
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by dearmi: 8:39am On Nov 19, 2009
ITS NOT FAIR AT ALL, WHY DONT YOU GUYS TAKE THIS UP WITH THE MANAGEMENT OF EXXON MOBIL, THIS MIGHT GO A LONG WAY.

THEY MIGHT NOT BE AWARE.
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by otokx(m): 8:54am On Nov 19, 2009
This is what happens in Nigeria; even inside church choir selection, nma madu dey inside.
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by samuraix1: 9:04am On Nov 19, 2009
@Ikefor

Thanks, pls note that I presently have a good job and its a miracle how i got the job and i also thank God for it. But everyone needs to change jobs once a while abi?
but some truths must be made open.
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by nethacker(m): 9:28am On Nov 19, 2009
@poster no be 9ja school u go?  shocked shocked
y u dey complain  grin grin grin we don knw these pple.na only yankee schs dem dey collect
Re: Cheating In Exxon Mobil HR by tayoast(m): 9:54am On Nov 19, 2009
O ga ooooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Npower: Do Not Update Profile If It Has Been Updated Before / Rivers State To Recruit 10,000 Teachers / How Real Are Online Vacancies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.