Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

D - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (5287 Views)

Historicity Of The Bible And Justification Of Christian Faith / Ifeoluwa Dolapo Abortion, Death: Biodun Fatoyinbo - Pelumi Olajengbesi Petitions / RCCG Convention 2019: "And God Said" - August 5 - 11th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by EyeHateGod: 9:56am On Dec 21, 2016
4everGod:

dumbo for a thigh to fall away or waste away it means TO ROT. Argue all you want. The truth is out there for truthful minds to see. And since everyone knows you atheists to be liars then go figure.
What does it mean For a Thight To Rot!
Re: D by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 21, 2016
EyeHateGod:

This is Not the First time You would Do such thing....

Answer my statistical question na and catch yourself
Re: D by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 21, 2016
EyeHateGod:

What does it mean For a Thight To Rot!

Its thigh and not thight!

What does ROT mean? Do you wish to interpret the word ROT to mean something else or for the word THIGH to mean something else?

Is a THIGH a WOMB?

Is the word ROT now meaning ABORTION?
Re: D by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 21, 2016
EyeHateGod:

This Doesn't Even Make sense to begin with..

Why Did You Skip The Two?

English Standard Version

And when he has made her drink the water, then, if she has defiled herself and has broken faith with her husband, the water that brings the curse shall enter into her and cause bitter pain, and her womb shall swell, and her thigh shall fall away and the woman shall become a curse among her people.

Explain to Us what it Means at Bolded...

chai! I didnt edit. My statistical mind simply ignored them since 20 versions already said the same thing and only those 2 said something else. Are you no longer scientific? Is that not how science now works? Does science leave the 20 that gave the same result and go for the 2 experiments that gave a different result?
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 10:02am On Dec 21, 2016
4everGod:

Its thigh and not thight!
This was A typo error and even you should know that....

What does ROT mean? Do you wish to interpret the word ROT to mean something else or for the word THIGH to mean something else?

Is a THIGH a WOMB?

Is the word ROT now meaning ABORTION?
What is Thigh in That Context na? Abi is it to difficult for you to Answer? "Her Thigh will rot" what exactly would rot and then Fall away?
Re: D by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 21, 2016
EyeHateGod:

This was A typo error and even you should know that....

What is Thigh in That Context na? Abi is it to difficult for you to Answer? "Her Thigh will rot" what exactly would rot and then Fall away?

Thigh is thigh and fall away is the rotten flesh. In a nutshell she will have open sores. I know English is not your strong side so i understand.
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 10:05am On Dec 21, 2016
4everGod:

chai! I didnt edit. My statistical mind simply ignored them since 20 versions already said the same thing and only those 2 said something else. Are you no longer scientific? Is that not how science now works? Does science leave the 20 that gave the same result and go for the 2 experiments that gave a different result?
It Was not A different Result it was different translation of the same thing! That why I ask you to Explain what it means by the "tight" to fall away? Or Rot?
Re: D by Anas09: 10:06am On Dec 21, 2016
Lennycool:
This truly did shock me, and when I stumbled across it I just couldn't believe it. Anyway here are the verses
Numbers 5:11-31

5:11 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
5:12 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, If any man's wife go aside, and commit a trespass against him,
5:13 And a man lie with her carnally, and it be hid from the eyes of her husband, and be kept close, and she be defiled, and there be no witness against her, neither she be taken with the manner;
5:14 And the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be defiled: or if the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be not defiled:
5:15 Then shall the man bring his wife unto the priest, and he shall bring her offering for her, the tenth part of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil upon it, nor put frankincense thereon; for it is an offering of jealousy, an offering of memorial, bringing iniquity to remembrance.
5:16 And the priest shall bring her near, and set her before the LORD:
5:17 And the priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel; and of the dust that is in the floor of the tabernacle the priest shall take, and put it into the water:
5:18 And the priest shall set the woman before the LORD, and uncover the woman's head, and put the offering of memorial in her hands, which is the jealousy offering: and the priest shall have in his hand the bitter water that causeth the curse:
5:19 And the priest shall charge her by an oath, and say unto the woman, If no man have lain with thee, and if thou hast not gone aside to uncleanness with another instead of thy husband, be thou free from this bitter water that causeth the curse:
5:20 But if thou hast gone aside to another instead of thy husband, and if thou be defiled, and some man have lain with thee beside thine husband:
5:21 Then the priest shall charge the woman with an oath of cursing, and the priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell;
5:22 And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen.
5:23 And the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall blot them out with the bitter water:
5:24 And he shall cause the woman to drink the bitter water that causeth the curse: and the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter.
5:25 Then the priest shall take the jealousy offering out of the woman's hand, and shall wave the offering before the LORD, and offer it upon the altar:
5:26 And the priest shall take an handful of the offering, even the memorial thereof, and burn it upon the altar, and afterward shall cause the woman to drink the water.
5:27 And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people.
5:28 And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed.

5:29 This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled; 5:30 Or when the spirit of jealousy cometh upon him, and he be jealous over his wife, and shall set the woman before the LORD, and the priest shall execute upon her all this law.
5:31 Then shall the man be guiltless from iniquity, and this woman shall bear her iniquity.

This basically talks about a ritual by which an abortion is carried out for the sole act of unfaithfulness on the part of the wife. The process involved sounds more like a pagan ritual than something you would find in the bible, I bet none of you have even read this verses before now. That's the thing, religious leaders will only read the good parts of the bible and the parts they can try to defend, but the truly sick verses are forgotten and hidden away.
Reading the Bible can truly strengthen atheism.

But anyway I know some christians will try to defend this action, aborting an unborn child for the sole act of jealousy and unfaithfulness is truly barbaric. And just to think most people say they get their morality from the bible.

I'll now add abortion to the list of deplorable acts the bible supports, which include but aren't limited to
Genocide, Infanticide, incest, filicide, slavery, rape, misogyny, homophobia and racism.

I now call on the christian apologetics to defend God's word and also the free thinkers to behold.

RaphieMontella , Weah96 , SirWere , sonofluc1fer , Stephendamsoho , EyeHateGod , FearGodAndLive Kevoh , Johnnydon22 , Akintom , Hardmirror , GRIMMJOE , CoolUsername , 1990news , JSoE , Etesam , Audray , Edenoscar , DeSepiero , charix , GoodMuyis , jonbellion , menxer seun hopefulLanlord coldhardtruth itZQuinn winner01 , kingebukasblog , Richirich713, hahn
scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2
Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 , InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia Jeromejnr, goodmuyis Gombs. Joeagbaje
Jcross KingEbukasBlog Scholar
analice107 anas09
Which part of it talks about abortion? The bolded?
Re: D by Anas09: 10:07am On Dec 21, 2016
Lennycool:

Can't you read?
It clearly does, or what would you call the law of God?
How do you want to explain these verses
Which part of what you wrote is about abortion?
Re: D by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 21, 2016
EyeHateGod:

It Was not A different Result it was different translation of the same thing! That why I ask you to Explain what it means by the "tight" to fall away? Or Rot?

A translation is like an experiment because they considered a lot of variables before arriving at their conclusion. So if 20 different Bible translations which were translated by 20 different group of people all said something similar and only 2 said something different. scientifically, which submission would you go for as a "scientific" minded atheist you all claim to be? grin grin
Re: D by Anas09: 10:09am On Dec 21, 2016
Lennycool:

What they hell are you even talking about.
In Abortion the baby must not always be removed from the womb. The fetus just has to be killed and it can be done with a drug a seen in the verses.
Its clearly abortion, since the other woman gave birth as it specified that she would give birth if she was faithful, but wouldn't if she cheated.
Except i didnt see or read the part that a pregnant woman is mentioned, pls point it out.
Re: D by Anas09: 10:13am On Dec 21, 2016
OK BRETHREN, WE HAVE DONE ENOUGH HELPING THIS GOON OUT.

LET HIM AND HIS HORDES BE.

SHALOM.
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 10:14am On Dec 21, 2016
4everGod:

Thigh is thigh and fall away is the rotten flesh. In a nutshell she will have open sores. I know English is not your strong side so i understand.
Wtf are You talking about? She would Have open Sore? That's What it means? You think say I be mumu abi watin?

Num 5:28 And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed.

What would happen if she is defiled?
Re: D by Anas09: 10:15am On Dec 21, 2016
4everGod:

I edited what to my own taste? So you no longer know how to use google? If 2 are different from 20 which do you think is more accurate? Its a simple question.

If 20 people come and tell you the same story and 2 people come and say something different would you assume that the 2 were saying the truth or that they may not have been present especially if 20 other different people are saying the same thing?

When it gets to God you become suddenly unintelligent
Pls sir, stop responding to him. You only giving him room to malign. You know his motive.
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 10:16am On Dec 21, 2016
4evergod the straw man lord
You are here ehn angry
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 10:18am On Dec 21, 2016
Anas09:
OK BRETHREN, WE HAVE DONE ENOUGH HELPING THIS GOON OUT.

LET HIM AND HIS HORDES BE.

SHALOM.
Isn't it Bad that Your good Supports Abortion? Giving people water to kill their Children?
Re: D by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 21, 2016
Anas09:

Pls sir, stop responding to him. You only giving him room to malign. You know his motive.

Noted! The guy is insufferably a dumbo so no need as you advised

1 Like

Re: D by MrMontella(m): 10:25am On Dec 21, 2016
4everGod:

I edited what to my own taste? So you no longer know how to use google? If 2 are different from 20 which do you think is more accurate? Its a simple question.

If 20 people come and tell you the same story and 2 people come and say something different would you assume that the 2 were saying the truth or that they may not have been present especially if 20 other different people are saying the same thing?

When it gets to God you become suddenly unintelligent
logical fallacy:argumentum ad populum!
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 10:29am On Dec 21, 2016
4everGod:

Noted! The guy is insufferably a dumbo so no need as you advised
I accept am a Dumbo I dont know everything and I don't Claim to Know at least am not A lying Coward like you....

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 21, 2016
EyeHateGod:

This is Not the First time You would Do such thing....
The guy is just making excuses. All the different versions put together still mean the same thing.
The unfaithful woman will not conceive but the faithful will.
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 10:34am On Dec 21, 2016
It's A shame That Yahweh that Yahweh can't detect When a Woman is Pregnant They have to give her poisonous water to Drink and then her Stomach would swell and then she'll have a Miscarriage.....its also A Shame that that A female Like anas01 would defend this kind of God!
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 10:38am On Dec 21, 2016
Lennycool:

The guy is just making excuses. All the different versions put together still mean the same thing.
The unfaithful woman will not conceive but the faithful will.
Can you imagine how the Dude is Lying? He knows that it'll be impossible to defend that kind of Stuff And this people wants us to Worship that kind of God with them....I'll rather worship Zeus at least he is not as Week as Yahweh that can't detect when a Woman is Pregnant untill she is Fed with poisoning..
Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:44am On Dec 21, 2016
Very stupid thread . Extremely stupid .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D by Immorttal: 10:48am On Dec 21, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Ahswear, i don't understand nada from ur gibberish.

how does whatever you wrote there means the bible supports abortion
heiiieeeyyy didn't you read the verses. shocked
Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:52am On Dec 21, 2016
Immorttal:
heiiieeeyyy didn't you read the verses. shocked

It does not anyway mean that God supports abortion .

Thou shall not kill

Atheists are the ones who are known for supporting abortion all over the world while religious people especially Christians are the ones who are against abortion .

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/05/abortion-opposition-religious-atheists-must-help-fight-for-choice

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D by Immorttal: 10:53am On Dec 21, 2016
Kingebukasblog This is the part.
When he has made her drink the water, then, if she has defiled herself and has been unfaithful to her husband, the water that brings the curse shall enter into her and cause bitter pain, and her womb shall discharge, her uterus drop, and the woman shall become an execration among her people.

2 Likes

Re: D by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 21, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

It does not anyway mean that God supports abortion .

Thou shall not kill

Atheists are the ones who are known for supporting abortion all over the world while religious people especially Christians are the ones who are against abortion .

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/05/abortion-opposition-religious-atheists-must-help-fight-for-choice

Women reproductive rights is one thing.
But forcing someone to commit abortion and give up their womb for the trivial act of male jealously is just stupid.
But I'm sure you find nothing wrong with it.
According to you even genocide is good as long as it is sanctioned by God.

1 Like

Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:01am On Dec 21, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Can you imagine how the Dude is Lying? He knows that it'll be impossible to defend that kind of Stuff And this people wants us to Worship that kind of God with them....I'll rather worship Zeus at least he is not as Week as Yahweh that can't detect when a Woman is Pregnant untill she is Fed with poisoning..

So many ignorant comments on this thread

God is the one who is in charge of the whole act . That means if the woman is pregnant , she won't be permitted to take that concoction since it is against His law .

And the women involved do it voluntarily as a way of proving their innocence to their husbands .

1 Like

Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:04am On Dec 21, 2016
Lennycool:

Women reproductive rights is one thing.
But forcing someone to commit abortion and give up their womb for the trivial act of male jealously is just stupid.
But I'm sure you find nothing wrong with it.
According to you even genocide is good as long as it is sanctioned by God.

I even checked Dake's Annotated bible and it does not even say that verse supports abortion , it does not even mention abortion . The woman is not forced . She does it voluntarily to prove her love to her husband .

2 Likes

Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:08am On Dec 21, 2016
Immorttal:
Kingebukasblog This is the part.
When he has made her drink the water, then, if she has defiled herself and has been unfaithful to her husband, the water that brings the curse shall enter into her and cause bitter pain, and her womb shall discharge, her uterus drop, and the woman shall become an execration among her people.

That is a false translation .

The bible I have here says something entirely different .
Re: D by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 21, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So many ignorant comments on this thread

God is the one who is in charge of the whole act . That means if the woman is pregnant , she won't be permitted to take that concoction since it is against His law .

And the women involved do it voluntarily as a way of proving their innocence to their husbands .
And where is it stated that she wouldn't be allowed to take the potion if she was pregnant.
Or did you just add that like you did the Jesus trans dimensional portal.
grin grin
Re: D by Immorttal: 11:12am On Dec 21, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

That is a false translation .

The bible I have here says something entirely different .
oops. Had never heard of false translation before now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Theophilus Sunday Biography: Age & Wife / Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses For Sale / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.