Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,471 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:59 PM

Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread (1672 Views)

Most Stupid Quotes I've Seen On Nairaland Phone Section / Why Is Nairaland Giving Special Treatment To MI Fans PHONE SECTION? / Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Voting Tread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by PhonePlanet(m): 11:02am On Dec 21, 2016
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the first ever

NAIRALAND PHONE SECTION AWARDS 2016 #NAPSA2016

This is a consumer choice awards put together by yours faithfully PhonePlanet

This awards is to recognize outstanding performances my companies and personalities that deal in the mobile phone world or are closely related to phones. The awards is here to stay. The nominees and winners would be chosen by the wonderful members of nairaland with majority from those who follow and contribute to the phone section.

At this point this awards has no sponsors or partners, but would be lovely if we had one.

Before we move on i want to specially recognize Mr. Seun Osewa, the founder of Nairaland, for creating such a great platform for all of us.

Also Special Recognition to Puskin, Honsule and Dragnet. The humble moderators of the phone section in Nairaland

2016 has been a wonderful year for some of us, it has had it ups and downs, best moment and worst moment. Some company in the phone world had brought their A game, better than other companies B or Z.

So who nailed it this year?

About a week ago, we opened a nomination/voting tread for each introduced category here. With the nominations closing on the 18th of December 2016 by 11:59pm, here is what the elegant users of Nairaland has chosen

If you would like to see how the nomination went down and a full explanation of each category, please check our nomination tread in the link above.

Starting off with........

PHONE SECTION TOPIC OF THE YEAR
It was a tie!
And the winners are......
What Was Your First Android Smartphone? by Abdstrakt and My Ministry Is Moving: See What I Received From Tecno Today. by MizMyColi
They both had 1 vote each.

SMARTPHONE APP OF THE YEAR
And The Winner is……
WhatsApp

With 6 votes

The runner up is
Clash of clans with 2 votes

SMARTPHONE OPERATING SYSTEM OF THE YEAR
And the winner is
Android

With 11 Votes

The Runner Up is
IOS with 2 Votes

PHONE RETAILER OF THE YEAR
The winner is
Slot

With 8 Votes

The runner Up is
Jumia with 2 Votes

TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF THE YEAR
And the winner is……
MTN Nigeria

With 9 votes

Runner ups are
Etisalat and Glo with 2 votes each

PHONE COMPANY OF THE YEAR
And the winner is
Tecno Mobile

With 7 Votes

The runner up is
Gionee with 4 Votes

AFFORDABLE PHONE OF THE YEAR
And the winner is.......
Tecno W3

With 5 votes

The runner up is
Mi-tribe A500 with 4 votes

VALUE FOR MONEY SMARTPHONE OF THE YEAR
The Winner is
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

With 5 Votes

The Runner up is
Tecno Phantom 6 Plus with 3 votes

NON-SMARTPHONE SMART DEVICE OF THE YEAR
And the winner is……
Samsung Gear VR

With 3 votes.

The runner up is
Tecno T band with 2 votes

TECH BLOGGER OF THE YEAR
And the winner is……
Tobi Ayeni of MissTechy

With 11 votes

Runner ups are
PhonePlanet and GPTech with 1 vote each

SMARTPHONE DESIGN OF THE YEAR
And the winner is
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

With 9 Votes

The Runner up is
IPhone 7 with 3 Votes

CAMERA SMARTPHONE OF THE YEAR
And the winners are......
It's a Tie
iPhone 7 plus and Google Pixel

With 4 votes each

The Runner up is
Tecno Camon c9 with 3 votes

PHONE SECTION PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR
It's a Tie!
The Winners Are
GreenHulk and MizMyColi
With 5 Votes each

No Runner up!

SMARTPHONE OF THE YEAR
And the winner is……
Samsung Galaxy s7 Egde

With 12 Votes

Runner ups were
Phantom 6 plus, One Plus 3, iPhone 7, Pixel with 1 vote each

Congratulations to all the Winners!

Special Thanks to PhonePlanet, Phone Section Moderators, Phone Sections Main Users, Nairaland Users who Voted, Seun Osewa, and finally the super moderator that would move this tread to the front page.
Thank You All

#NAPSA2016

See you at NAPSA2017 smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by Whizpeter(m): 12:31pm On Dec 21, 2016
Bro, phone section topic of the year ought to be 'The Xiaomi Thread'

Recount your votes... I personally saw 2-3 nominations of that thread... Apart from that, every other thing is on point...
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 21, 2016
Xiaomi thread suppose win best thread... undecided
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by PhonePlanet(m): 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2016
Dexter247:
Xiaomi thread suppose win best thread... undecided
Whizpeter:
Bro, phone section topic of the year ought to be 'The Xiaomi Thread'

Recount your votes... I personally saw 2-3 nominations of that thread... Apart from that, every other thing is on point...
i did not get a link to it
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by casttlebarbz(m): 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
wow
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by Whizpeter(m): 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2016
PhonePlanet:

i did not get a link to it

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread
Now you do..
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by NCP: 2:33pm On Dec 21, 2016
Ok. Una don conclude the votes. Jonathan to the winnerz.
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by Lionbite(m): 2:34pm On Dec 21, 2016
Did seun send you work?
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by MizMyColi(f): 4:20pm On Dec 21, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by PhonePlanet(m): 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2016
Whizpeter:

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread
Now you do..
the topic did not get to front page
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by PhonePlanet(m): 6:14pm On Dec 21, 2016
mods na!
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by Whizpeter(m): 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Frontpage or no frontpage, thats our topic of the year... I thought it was a cconsumer choice award?? Please respecct our choice... Thank You.
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by Whizpeter(m): 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2016
MizMyColi:
grin

Congrats.... You suppose drop something ooo wink
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by MizMyColi(f): 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2016
Whizpeter:

Congrats.... You suppose drop something ooo wink

Chai, make rest first.
My baby don finally sleep better sleep, no be those fake ones whey im dey do since.

You want lichad cad?grin
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by Whizpeter(m): 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2016
MizMyColi:

Chai, make rest first.
My baby don finally sleep better sleep, no be those fake ones whey im dey do since.

You want lichad cad?grin

Oh!! Let's not disturb the little child...

Lichad cad?? YES! YES!! YES!!! grin grin
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by PhonePlanet(m): 7:08pm On Dec 21, 2016
Whizpeter:

Frontpage or no frontpage, thats our topic of the year... I thought it was a cconsumer choice award?? Please respecct our choice... Thank You.
the category and rules of the awards explains that we are awarding the best tread to come out of nairaland, kind of "finest export". so yes, the tread must have gotten to front page. unless youre asking me to break the rules

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by NCP: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2016
@OP, please Maintain the present status quo.
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by kaboninc(m): 8:28pm On Dec 21, 2016
MizMyColi:

Chai, make rest first.

You want lichad cad?grin

That my baby girl.. .so beautiful and calm, so peaceful and I just can't stop looking at her. I just felt heaven when I held her.

Lol.

Please say kuchi kuchi to her for me!! !
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by MizMyColi(f): 8:44pm On Dec 21, 2016
Whizpeter:

Oh!! Let's not disturb the little child...

Lichad cad?? YES! YES!! YES!!! grin grin

Okay...
Might not be anytime soon o.

Lol @disturb
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by MizMyColi(f): 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2016
kaboninc:

That my baby girl.. .so beautiful and calm, so peaceful and I just can't stop looking at her. I just felt heaven when I held her.

Lol.

Please say kuchi kuchi to her for me!! !

Lol
Kukuma tell me you wan marry her.
This ur post use style resemble wooing lines. Lol

I will kuchi kuchi her, no worry.
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by Whizpeter(m): 9:15pm On Dec 21, 2016
MizMyColi:

Okay... Might not be anytime soon o.
Lol @disturb

I'm not even in a hurry... cheesy
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by kaboninc(m): 10:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
MizMyColi:

Lol
Kukuma tell me you wan marry her.
This ur post use style resemble wooing lines. Lol

I will kuchi kuchi her, no worry.

Please don't let the world see this na.. .

Haba...like that case where the man slept with his 6 months old daughter?? Ahhhhh

She's my baby.....and my baby only. Meaning I'll protect her from the cold evil hands of this world like that man as alleged.

Please oh.. . cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by MizMyColi(f): 10:14pm On Dec 21, 2016
kaboninc:

Please don't let the world see this na.. .

Haba...like that case where the man slept with his 6 months old daughter?? Ahhhhh

She's my baby.....and my baby only. Meaning I'll protect her from the cold evil hands of this world like that man as alleged.

Please oh.. . cheesy cheesy

Lol
Okay
I believe you wella thoughsmiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by openy: 11:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
Tecno people again. Their phone no good na xo xo hype
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by boman2014: 7:10am On Dec 22, 2016
hian ?

Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by tkatechy(m): 11:06am On Dec 22, 2016
Nice[color=#990000][/color] wink
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by PhonePlanet(m): 11:49am On Dec 22, 2016
NCP:
@OP, please Maintain the present status quo.
im sorry, i dont get what exacly you mean
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by Dam5reey(m): 6:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Which of the front page?
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by Femistico(m): 9:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
And the Next Rated phone is what?
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by investigator007: 9:09am On Dec 23, 2016
Congrats to tecno for winnin the best brand
Re: Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread by Behankey(m): 8:41am On Dec 25, 2016
Tecno has to be the phone company of the year. It's been a great year for them.

(1) (Reply)

TECNO Camon CX Review; Is It Worth It? / Coolpad Android Phone Is Available For Sale. / See Who's Following You On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.