Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

8 Skills You Can Learn Online For Free & Have Lucrative And Productive 2017 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Skills You Can Learn Online For Free & Have Lucrative And Productive 2017 (1011 Views)

Difference Between Busy And Productive / 4 High Paying Skills In Nigeria You Can Learn Within 3 Months / Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Skills You Can Learn Online For Free & Have Lucrative And Productive 2017 by rowels: 2:32pm On Dec 21, 2016
Stop sitting and complaining; it’s a wonderful time we live in. i am so much in love with this era we are in -- an era where there is so much information online for self-development. An era where you site in your room with a laptop and internet connection and lean what a university graduate can never learn in four years.

A focused and determined person can learn many skills online and use them to diversify his or her income. With all the advanced, digital technology in this world, no one should give excuses of not having one or two skills to remain relevant and competitive.

There are dozens of great skills you can learn online to further your career or business prospects. Some tend to rise above the others and should probably move to the top of your list. Whether or not you're technically inclined, so to speak, these skills will provide you with the insights to propel yourself forward, get a better job or promotion, or simply increase your income by providing invaluable services online.

There are countless websites readily available for you to acquire valuable skills and knowledge for free or with little fee for a productive 2017. This is the time to decide how your 2017 will look like. Whether you have a job, in NYSC, jobless, in the street etc. You can learn these skills and start making extra income

Ready? You can learn any of these

1.Web design and development.

Web design and development is a highly sought-after skill. This is because we are in a digital transformation age where every business -- small, medium and large scale -- is extremely interested in showcasing their products and services to the world through their websites.

There are lots of sites that can teach you how to design and develop a website. By acquiring these skills, one is adequately positioned to scramble for millions of small, medium and large scale businesses who are contemplating launching or updating their websites. The reason why most people have not taking up this challenge is that they think website design and development is a rocket science

Nobody taught me website design; I learnt it by myself free of charge online. The highest motivation came when a spar owner agreed to pay me N130, 000 to design her website. I was not sure I could do it then because I was still learning, but I took it and kept learning. I paid and registered on www.linda.com. Today I have designed up to 30 website. At a point I quit my day job as a call center agent with one of the telecom companies in Nigeria. Don’t let fear stop you. This blog you are reading is a product of my studies then, you too can do it

2. Graphic design.

Today businesses not focus on functionality; they also have to focus on the overall design. By learning the highly important skill of graphic design, you'll understand the fundamentals that make things attractive, clickable and thus, more saleable.

Learning graphic design involves mastering programs like Photoshop, Corel Draw Illustrator and other popular tools that will allow you to create stunning visual designs. These programs are an important part of the process in truly absorbing fundamental graphic design skills. It will take some significant practice, but it will be well worth it in the end

3. Photography.

Photography is filled with a variety of nuances and skills that evade most people interested in this field. Not only do you have to understand the art of photography itself, but also everything there is to know about cameras, lenses, contextual settings and how to enhance the imagery itself using photo editing software.

You can use your photography skill set to not only make money by actively assisting others with event or portrait photography, but also by creating stock imagery that you can sell on a variety of popular websites such as Shutterstock and iStockPhoto. Find a good course to learn this skill, and be prepared to buy a good camera and practice taking as many photos as possible. The sky is your limit

4. Online marketing.

This isn't just about SEO. This is about the fundamental principles that are driving traffic through mediums like social media and ads. Learn the mechanics of online marketing, and you'll be able to drive considerable traffic and scale out whatever business you decide to create. This will also help you make money online through either passive income or active income...

READ MORE HERE http://techpreneursafrica.com/8-skills-learn-online-free-lucrative-productive-2017/

Re: 8 Skills You Can Learn Online For Free & Have Lucrative And Productive 2017 by thesicilian: 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
You have a great blog

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top Skills For Women To Learn In Nigeria / Urgent Vacancy / How My Girlfriend Made Me 100k Without Having A Clue Till Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.