Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share (10256 Views)

Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? / Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles / The Reason Why You Must Go Round Your Car Before You Drive Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by Goldenheart(m): 7:16am On Dec 25, 2016
cool
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by billyG(m): 7:18am On Dec 25, 2016
I do 11'o clock most time.
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by cosade(m): 7:26am On Dec 25, 2016
10 minutes to 2 o'clock is the best position and that's what I do.
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by geledetv: 7:31am On Dec 25, 2016
Andriod users, you can now download the best prediction app here for your 100% tips https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=biz.buildapps.Sureodds
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by lonelydora: 7:40am On Dec 25, 2016
10 minutes to 2. I do the 8 and 4 atimes.
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by bjt(m): 7:41am On Dec 25, 2016
10minutes to 2 'o clock is the standard
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 25, 2016
I drive with one hand. 12 o'clock style.

1 Like

Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by shumuel(m): 8:11am On Dec 25, 2016
Op, nothing you say would stop the 12 O'clock, preach from now to kingdom come,, come on man thats how you know Big Gs and Nigkaz grin

but do the 9-3 when trying to look up to a high building or if to take a bridge instead grin
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by iamphotoshoot(m): 8:23am On Dec 25, 2016
Lol, I still did 12 o'clock this morning.

Ain't no one wishing for some airbags popups...
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by uboma(m): 8:25am On Dec 25, 2016
interesting thread.
brb
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by SuperSuave(m): 8:26am On Dec 25, 2016
I only get comfortable with 12 and 4 o'clock, I've mastered it or it haf mastered me
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by suteco16: 8:27am On Dec 25, 2016
Good information
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by rxgodwin(m): 8:27am On Dec 25, 2016
OMG, this post reminds me of the immediate cause of the accident I had in 2015.

I was driving on the highway, going at 140kmph and I was trying to wear my sunshade. So I only had my left hand on the steering wheel at 7 o' clock position, at the same time I approached a sharp bend, very sharp bend almost a "U" kind of bend.

Slowed as soon as I could, suddenly there was a highlander in front of me,

I tried returning to my lane and gboosa dts when I lost control and somersaulted..

My point is assuming I had both hands on the wheel and in the right position, I wont have lost my 406.

Wish I saw this post earlier

2 Likes

Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by Edunwa302(m): 8:53am On Dec 25, 2016
12 Oclock at cruising speed
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by Toks2008(m): 8:54am On Dec 25, 2016
I do the 12oclock with my left hand only and so far so good for me.
I guess it's about what is most comfy for you.
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by DjAndroid: 9:19am On Dec 25, 2016
Greene66:
Abeg.. grin

12 O'clock most times(city and highway)

Once in a while the 10/2 O'clock

Na 12 sure pass
12 o'clock is very dangerous on highways.
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by deji47: 9:34am On Dec 25, 2016
xreal:

I can imagine the swag. grin grin
Pls quote @rxgodwin post on this page to the front page. You just might safe someone. Thanks
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by Chukzyfcb(m): 9:54am On Dec 25, 2016
rxgodwin:

I was driving on the highway, going at 140kmph and I was trying to wear my sunshade. So I only had my left hand on the steering wheel at 7 o' clock position, at the same time I approached a sharp bend, very sharp bend almost a "U" kind of bend.

I tried returning to my lane and gboosa dts when I lost control and somersaulted..

My point is assuming I had both hands on the wheel and in the right position, I wont have lost my 406.

you said your car somersaulted that is not because of the way you held the steering. when going around corners expert advice's you don't brake while on the corner you risk skidding off the road.

depressing your brakes while on the bend was what made you skid at that high speed of 140km/hr, if you had stayed on that gas pedal while on the bend. ur car wouldn't have somersaulted. this is a car lessons experts from even formulae 1 race often give because they encounter bends a lot in their races

never hold your brakes when in a bend when coming from a high speed be it car bicycle or motorcycle, skidding and somersault is a potential eruption. brake only before approaching that curvre

2 Likes

Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by Vince77(m): 9:58am On Dec 25, 2016
Sometimes 10/2

Then most times especially when on high way 8/0.
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by LOVEGINO(m): 9:59am On Dec 25, 2016
My best moment grin merry Christmas my people

Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by Drphemmy4u: 10:03am On Dec 25, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

you said your car somersaulted that is not because of the way you held the steering. when going around corners expert advice's you don't brake while on the corner you risk skidding off the road.

depressing your brakes while on the bend was what made you skid at that high speed of 140km/hr, if you had stayed on that gas pedal while on the bend. ur car wouldn't have somersaulted. this is a car lessons experts from even formulae 1 race often give because they encounter bends a lot in their races

never hold your brakes when in a bend when coming from a high speed be it car bicycle or motorcycle, skidding and somersault is a potential eruption
i wonder why he had to drive at 140km/hr with a bend close by in the first place?if he is not familiar with the route,that's another reason to drive with caution.well for me,12 o'clock,left hand,at all times.I don't exceed 110km/hr though.
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by Drphemmy4u: 10:04am On Dec 25, 2016
rxgodwin:

140km/hr with a sharp bend in sight?chai
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by KingRex1(m): 10:38am On Dec 25, 2016
7 at all times. May involve my right occasionally on rough roads
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by DonX001: 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
Nothing can replace 12 o clock style with left hand when cruising inside the neighborhood at low speeds. That position is the very reason why I learnt driving back then as a teenager.....lol. I used to chuckle at people grabbing their steering with both hands at low speeds, even though I know that is what is recommended.

Sometimes, when tired or in traffic, I go to the 7 o clock position with left hand...more relaxed.

For me, its always 1 hand driving at relatively low speeds.... that's the fun of driving nau grin

But at high speeds, I never joke with my 2 handed steering, life is too sweet to be playing kalokalo with my life.
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by DonX001: 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
LOVEGINO:
My best moment grin merry Christmas my people

Lol...I concur! grin

1 Like

Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by DonX001: 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

never hold your brakes when in a bend when coming from a high speed be it car bicycle or motorcycle, skidding and somersault is a potential eruption. brake only before approaching that curvre

Interesting.
But since you're already on high speed inside the bend, if you don't brake, are you not also going to skid off the road due to centrifugal forces??
Its like either way, you're going off the road.

Methinks the best thing is to brake slightly, not slam on the brakes, and definitely not "not braking at all", ......and hope for the best.

My opinion though.
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by DonX001: 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
@Xreal, nice thread. Learnt something.
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
rxgodwin:

seems like you bought your licence if you got one

also experience teaches, you should straight that is a long straight line which is clear of traffic
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by Rotji(m): 8:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
I do the 12 o'clock when driving within the area

9 & 3 o'clock when doing some serious driving

But hey I've found myself driving at 6 o'clock with either my right or left hand

So OP what you gat to say about....

6 o'clock
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by xreal: 2:29pm On Dec 26, 2016
DonX001:
@Xreal, nice thread. Learnt something.

Thank you. grin
Re: Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share by xreal: 2:37pm On Dec 26, 2016
Rotji:
I do the 12 o'clock when driving within the area

9 & 3 o'clock when doing some serious driving

But hey I've found myself driving at 6 o'clock with either my right or left hand

So OP what you gat to say about....

6 o'clock

The bolded is good -at least. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Car Makes A Squealing/whistling Sound When Ac Is Turned On / [Closed] / 4 Misconceptions About Your Car Brakes, Pads And Fluid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.